• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Lotti,

I'm assuming you are using a header include template and possibly a footer template as well? If so, then either your main template (your middle template) or the footer template could be throwing it all off. Everything needs to line up.

Sorry Bill you have lost me. I use the index.php.html template - I'm not aware of using any other templates - sorry could you expand your answer?

Thanks

Lotti

Hi,

I've manged to "get my feet wet" and learn a couple of things with STS. Now I need help with somethig:

How do I change the front page's "new products" into "featured products"?

I would also be nice to add the featured products to certain categories and remove those subcategories pages...

Hey Bill!

A quick (and hopefully easy) question: How do I name the special template file for a logged in customer? On my index.php_0.html I have (amongst other things) two buttons - Register & Login.

When a customer has logged in I don´t want the buttons to be visible and some different text shown as well.

I did try index.php_00.html and index.php_01.html but failed.

So a certain index.php_x.html for the logged in customers is what I am after... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anybody...?? Please, please... :-" I thought this was kind of easy question but maybe I'm wrong? :'(

Anybody...?? Please, please... :-" I thought this was kind of easy question but maybe I'm wrong? :'(

The easiest way I can think of would not be to use different templates, but instead to write your php to check and see if people are logged in or not. So you would have something like:

if customer is logged in {

do this

} else {

do this

}

You can have php script in your template files - just make sure to include the opening and closing <?php ?> tags around your php code.

I don't believe STS is currently setup to create templates based on whether or not a person is logged in (I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am). My guess is that you would need to go through and re-write quite a bit of code in STS to add a new system for finding and creating templates based on whether or not the customer is logged in. I personally think the above method would be much easier ;)

~Tracy

Hi,

I've manged to "get my feet wet" and learn a couple of things with STS. Now I need help with somethig:

I would also be nice to add the featured products to certain categories and remove those subcategories pages...

I believe you would need to go into your catalog/index.php file - find the php code that is requiring the new products section and change it to require the featured products section.

Not quite sure what you mean by adding featured products to certain categories and removing subcategories

~Tracy

Anybody...?? Please, please... whistling.gif I thought this was kind of easy question but maybe I'm wrong? :'(

John,

Take a look at the sample template in the template folder "full". Look at the text links in the upper-right corner of the template. The "$myaccountlogoff" has a different text depending upon if the user has logged in or not.

:thumbsup: The STS tag above is created in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php.

Hope this helps,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

Bogdan,

You would need to install the Featured Products contribution. This will replace the New Products for Month as well as give you complete control over what products are displayed.

:thumbsup: If you decide to install it, notice the version that I created that has simple step by step installation instructions that also take notice of STS users (July 15, 2007 version).

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,651

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Sorry Bill you have lost me. I use the index.php.html template - I'm not aware of using any other templates - sorry could you expand your answer?

Thanks

Lotti

Lotti,

OK, then I would start looking at the rest of your template page to see what width tag is incorrect. Something within your template is causing the rest of the page to not line up correctly. Start with the body tag and then go from there. This is either a HTML or CSS issue within your template page.

I'm making a big assumption that you are using a stock version of osC that has not had any of the design elements modified. If not, then the problem could be coming from your index.php file or one of the column_left.php, column_right.php, header.php or footer.php files.

Bill

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Morning. I am using sts (wonderful system - I'm liking it) and things are going well except for one thing...

I have "Use template for infoboxes" set to true in the modules and that does, indeed, seem to be working - I change boxes/infobox.php.html and all the infoboxes change - excellent. However, it also changes the box where the list of products show when you click on the category. I have modified boxes/infobox_product_listing.php.html but it doesn't seem to effect anything - it's almost as if STS doesn't believe the file is there.

So...does anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do to be able to modify the box that lists the products?

Thanks

M.

Martin,

There are two types of infoboxes and STS will template both types as long as you get the naming syntax correct.

For the boxes in includes/boxes folder, you would follow the syntax: infobox_information.php.html.

For the catalog scripts that are displayed in boxes, you would follow the syntax: catalog_shopping_cart.php.html.

:thumbsup: I think the template name that you need would be infobox_product_listing.php.html.

:thumbsup: Look at Chapter 6 of the STS User Manual for detailed information on the above.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks for the reply, Bill - it's appreciated.

I can't believe my stupidity - I have modified my site to use 3 columns of products on the category page so I should have used the file infobox_product_listing_col.php.html instead. All working fine now.

Thanks and all the best.

Martin

Martin,

There are two types of infoboxes and STS will template both types as long as you get the naming syntax correct.

For the boxes in includes/boxes folder, you would follow the syntax: infobox_information.php.html.

For the catalog scripts that are displayed in boxes, you would follow the syntax: catalog_shopping_cart.php.html.

:thumbsup: I think the template name that you need would be infobox_product_listing.php.html.

:thumbsup: Look at Chapter 6 of the STS User Manual for detailed information on the above.

Hope this helped,

John,

Take a look at the sample template in the template folder "full". Look at the text links in the upper-right corner of the template. The "$myaccountlogoff" has a different text depending upon if the user has logged in or not.

:thumbsup: The STS tag above is created in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php.

Hope this helps,

Man thanks for your time and effort Bill and TracyS!

1. I did look at the $myaccountlogoff in different ways but couldn´t spot any difference...?

2. Furthermore am I´m afraid that my coding skills won´t make me understand how to change the statements/tags in session.php.

I have a small hunch though that it´s somewhere in these lines? Could that be correct?

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
  $sts->template['myaccount'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT . '</a>';
  $sts->template['urlmyaccount'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL');
  $sts->template['logoff'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL')  . ' class="headerNavigation">' . HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF . '</a>';
  $sts->template['urllogoff'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL');
  $sts->template['myaccountlogoff'] = $sts->template['myaccount'] . " | " . $sts->template['logoff'];
// Next tags added in v4.3
		$sts->template['loginofflogo'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . tep_image(STS_TEMPLATE_DIR.'images/'.$language . '/header_logoff.gif', HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF) . '</a>';
} else {
  $sts->template['myaccount'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT . '</a>';
  $sts->template['urlmyaccount'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL');
  $sts->template['logoff'] = '';
  $sts->template['urllogoff'] = '';
  $sts->template['myaccountlogoff'] = $sts->template['myaccount'];

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about adding the Google Analytics Module, until I found this on Google Analytics site.

Google Analytics can track data from a shopping cart on your own domain, or even on other domains, with the addition of some code. If your store site is on a different subdomain or domain than your main site, follow the instructions below to configure your pages.

If your website initiates a purchase checkout process on a different subdomain (for example, if you send customers from www.mystore.com to shoppingcart.mystore.com):

Add the following line (in bold) to your tracking code on both your store site and your shopping cart pages:

<script type=quot;text/javascript">
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxx-x");
pageTracker._setDomainName("mystore.com");
pageTracker._setAllowLinker(true);
pageTracker._initData();
pageTracker._trackPageview();
</script>

In theory this should work with osCommerce too if I add the above code into my STS Templates, does anybody see why it would not? Or should I just stick with the module here on osCommerce?