• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi guys,

I'm finally getting a chance to try and get back to some updates to our osC site, and I'm stumped.

I know I somehow need to either add this as a page, or add a page with a frameset that calls in the "?sid=1" specific survey. However; I also need to keep their osCsid # so that I can link the survey results to products without having them lose their session.

Hmmm - well, I've found that I can get everything working if I use old fashion linking (http://localhost/mmherbs/assess/index.php?sid=1 or, I also have the frameset working, so I can use http://localhost/mmherbs/assess.php)

It finally dawned on me :blush: , that I have to manually link to the individual products suggested at the end of the survey (based on the results) as there is no scripting on that assess/index.php page to cause it to know any of the osC scripting. So I'm guessing I will need to somehow add some of the osC scripting to carry the osCsid and the Customer Group (SPPC) etc...

Anyone ever attempted something like this before?

~Tracy

It finally dawned on me :blush: , that I have to manually link to the individual products suggested at the end of the survey (based on the results) as there is no scripting on that assess/index.php page to cause it to know any of the osC scripting. So I'm guessing I will need to somehow add some of the osC scripting to carry the osCsid and the Customer Group (SPPC) etc...

Just curious - being the assessment is it's own index.php page (followed by ?sid=1 for which assessment) - if I add that into STS so it has a $assessment code attached to it - and then change my index.php_0.html template (rename it something like assessment.php.html) and instead of using $content, use $assessment - would that work? Will it, in effect, integrate the assessment script into the osC Session ID's for product and category linking?

Thanks!

~Tracy

Code for search box can be found here: catalog/includes/boxes/search.php, up to you to modify it for your needs. If you remove the <tr><td> and </td></tr> that wrap the box, you should also modify catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php, where the search box is called, the second parameter 'box' must be removed, otherwise your box may be just empty. Look at those files and play little bit, you'll see.

- Chris

I wanted to change the style of it using STS, im not looking to change the code.

Edited by awhitedesigns

Are you using the infobox templates? That's an STS option that can help you. Otherwise you have to modify the box code (in includes/boxes) as well as the boxes class (includes/classes/boxes.php). If you want to change the style of all boxes, change the styles in the CSS.

- Chris

OK re did the search box, next project is the whats new box, I just made a forum for the search box and it worked!. How would i edit a template for this one?

I just want to thank all of you guys on here, you really have been a ton of help. When i get a full site designed i would like to make a video tut for everyone so a lot of these questions could be answered from that instead of wasting this topics room and you guys time.

I have successfully installed STS and it has been working for some time. I recently wanted to install header tags controller and have done so with success. However, it appears that my header tags are pulling information from somewhere else, I have set up the tags in the Header Tags Control on the admin side, but do not see any changes. It is just giving me the name of my site with no description or keyword tags at all. Just a title that is not the same as the one set up in header tags. The Header Tags author suggested something needed to be done to STS in order for this to work, can someone point me in the right direction on the changes that need to be made to get HTC to work with STS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Look in the STS Power Pack (link from my signature), you'll find how to do it. Very simple: there is one file to copy and modules to configurate in admin, nothing more.

- Chris

Look in the STS Power Pack (link from my signature), you'll find how to do it. Very simple: there is one file to copy and modules to configurate in admin, nothing more.

- Chris

Thank you for the quick response, that worked perfectly. I had tried something similar, but I don't think I had the right headertags.php file.

Thanks again.

Trying to install STS4 (4.5.6) into OSC 2.2 RC1 with the multi-shop contribution. Also don't have register_globals so have had to hack around a bit.

It sort of works but the $content bit (ie most of the useful stuff) does not get proper content. All I get is the following (taken from the debug output).

<!-- start Index content //-->

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<!-- end Index content //-->

Any ideas where I should be looking to get it to pick up the content correctly. Its driving me potty and I need to get it up for a client

Edited by sh_man

Trying to install STS4 (4.5.6) into OSC 2.2 RC1 with the multi-shop contribution. Also don't have register_globals so have had to hack around a bit.

It sort of works but the $content bit (ie most of the useful stuff) does not get proper content. All I get is the following (taken from the debug output).

<!-- start Index content //-->

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<!-- end Index content //-->

Any ideas where I should be looking to get it to pick up the content correctly. Its driving me potty and I need to get it up for a client

Solved my own problem - eventually. Could not spell template (ie tampalte) in the restart_capture line in footer.php

Spell that properly and it all works!

How do I edit/change the Horizontal rule at the top of the default template? Also how do I edit the design of the content boxes on the homepage? I would like to be able to edit the design for the content boxes and the homepage via photoshop? Any help or a point in the right direction is what I am looking for. Thanks for your time and help!

Hello,

I am not sure if this was asked before , but I could not find anything definitive in my searches. I installed All Products with images to my OSC 2.2 Rc1 store with HTC 2.6.3 and STS4 installed.

However, when I try to click on the All Products link from my store page, I get the following errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

I don't know how to fix this. I asked in the All Products thread but they mentioned it may be an STS problem.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Lionel

Edited by elcidd

Hello,

I am not sure if this was asked before , but I could not find anything definitive in my searches. I installed All Products with images to my OSC 2.2 Rc1 store with HTC 2.6.3 and STS4 installed.

However, when I try to click on the All Products link from my store page, I get the following errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

I don't know how to fix this. I asked in the All Products thread but they mentioned it may be an STS problem.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Lionel

I figured it out from another post in the HTC section. All I did was

in includes/header_tags.php i changed the following:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

That did the trick.

I figured it out from another post in the HTC section. All I did was

in includes/header_tags.php i changed the following:

to

That did the trick.

Yes, that would be the correct way to code that.

:thumbsup: From my Step by Step Installation Tutorial for HTC & STS (link in my signature):

Step 7: Be sure you have the following line of code at the beginning of your includes/header_tags.php file:

- or -

See also: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1077926

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Yes, I should have read that, however, since this error appeared right after I installed the All Products with Images module, I thought it was an issue with All Products and STS getting along. I'm learning though. I guess I'mm need to bite the bullet and purchase the PHP for Dummies book :)

Thanks Bill

I just started playing around with STS here, and am a little stumped on something. Apologize if its been explained before I search and could not find it.

Is $templatedir not allowed within an infobox? If I put it into an info box the image is not loading and its actually showing the variable when I view the html source. I have this in infobox_search.php.html

<input type=image src="$templatedir/images/button_go.jpg" align="top"/>

Comes back as this when I view the source:

http://www.mysite.com/$templatedir/images/button_go.jpg

Thanks,

Chuck

I am running oscommerce 2.2 - ms2 and installed sts 4.5.4 (full) and then installed 4.5.5 and 4.5.6. When I go to modules to activate it, I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Any ideas?

Hello, I have STS 4.5.2 and HTC 2.6.3 installed with several other mods. The site is running fine, however I have this annoying  in the upper left hand corner of all my pages when accessing the site from any other browser except MS Internet Explorer. I'm sure this is a simple fix, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Lionel

Site is:

Http://www.buynintendowiiconsoleonline.com

I just started playing around with STS here, and am a little stumped on something. Apologize if its been explained before I search and could not find it.

Is $templatedir not allowed within an infobox? If I put it into an info box the image is not loading and its actually showing the variable when I view the html source. I have this in infobox_search.php.html

<input type=image src="$templatedir/images/button_go.jpg" align="top"/>

Comes back as this when I view the source:

http://www.mysite.com/$templatedir/images/button_go.jpg

Thanks,

Chuck

Okay well I looked at this a little more. Still haven't figured out what the problem is but $templatedir is working for some infoboxes and not others even though they are using the same infobox.php.html.

Running in debug mode the infoboxes that work all appear above the sts templatedir call, and any infoboxes below it do not work.

$sts->template['templatedir']/OSCommerce/STS/includes/sts_templates/template

It seems like the infoboxes are all being called from sts_column_left.php and the templatedir call in general.php but I haven't yet figured out what is causing these to go out of order.

I have a fresh copy of OSC MS2.2 and STS 4.5.4 Full then upgraded to 4.5.5. Any insight anyone may have would be appreciated.

Hello, I have STS 4.5.2 and HTC 2.6.3 installed with several other mods. The site is running fine, however I have this annoying  in the upper left hand corner of all my pages when accessing the site from any other browser except MS Internet Explorer. I'm sure this is a simple fix, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Lionel

Site is:

Http://www.buynintendowiiconsoleonline.com

The strange code is caused by the incorrect charset encoding when someone edited the sample STS templates using Microsoft Expression Web.

I uploaded the corrected templates a few months back on the STS download site.

:thumbsup: As a quick fix, open the templates in a text editor such as notepad ... it will show the weird characters at the beginning of the file. Delete them, save, upload back to your server and all is well.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello,

I am completely new to OSC I just installed a clean lates version. Now I need to have some templates to test, by searching templates I found this interesting Topic. But i have some questions.

Which version should I download of STS in my case to easily install ? there are so many and it is confusing :(

Can I just overwrite my file or i have to use merging thing ? if yes how to do merge thing where is that tool / option ?

Where can i find good templates for STS ?

Thanks for your help for a newbie :)

I have installed osCommerce 2.2RC1 and applied STS with some heavy modification. But now, when using a secure server (e.g. on the checkout pages), the address isn't correctly recognised as secure in Firefox, and in IE I get the message about some items being secure and some not, do I want to continue etc. Strangely though, the SSL connection works properly when I turn off the STS templates. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm looking for a contrib that works well with OSC RC1, STS 4.4, EasyPopulate.

So far I've tried:

multi images extra 1.02

UltraPics

Additional Images v2.0.0

And nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas on which contrib to use?

TIA

what is it you are trying to achieve? If it is dfferent ways of showing images?