• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi Bill,

Sorry to pester you again, but I was wondering if something was made for STS Plus back in Jun 06 or STS v2 in Nov 05, how compatible would it be with STS 4.5.3 for osC RC1?

The Contrib in question is Add Shopping Cart Info to Your Header Contrib 1079 http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1079/

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

Look at this post first

Bill, thanks for posting in my thread above.

The contrib I was trying to get working with STS was the one found here:

Show Sub-Categories

I searched the forums for posts mentioning STS and Show Sub-Categories together, but found nothing. I didn't check the powerpack or trawl this thread. I'd imagine the powerpack includes something along the lines of Show Sub-Categories.

Indeed, the problem was an erroneous closing </table> tag produced by the menu contrib. It seemed simpler to insert an opening <table> tag before $categories in the STS template to fix the layout issue, although finding the problem in the php would be better to remove an additional nested table.

Thanks again, Adam.

Edited by adammde

I have spent some time searching for an answer, but have not come across it yet. First, Thanks Bill for taking the time to write this code. I hope some day I can fully understand how it works. I have installed v4.5.2 on a clean install of OSC 2.2ms2. I have started customizing the templates from the begining, and can't remeber if this worked or not right after install. Everything seems to be working as expected, however, I cannot get the main $content to work anywhere in the site. Without that working, there is no way to view products, view shopping cart, log in, etc. Has anyone seen this, and what could I possibly be doing wrong? If I put $content in the body of the template, it does not show in the browser. if I put $contentabc in the body of the template, I see abc in the browser. I checked debug and the tags are there, but they are empty.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Hey,

How do I call a function is STS.

ie. th e way an STS template has for example '$currenciesbox'...I want to call another contribution I have installed (working without template)...what do I need to write in?

Thanks.

The file “catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php” is made for your own user tags. Put the tags that you create yourself in this file. You can also create a new file in the same folder, create the tags in this new file and configure the STS modules to include this file. The “sts_user_code.php” already contains one tag:

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

MANUFACTURER PULLDOWN ON MAIN TEMPLATE

Bill - Many thanks for your help/advice at this earlier post

Have moved on but still need your advice on $manufacturerbox placeholder. See part template layout where I hope to get standard osC manufacturer pull down list appearing in area shown and appearing on all general template pages throughout the shop. Can this not be done within STS rather than major code changes with PHP?

Any easy solution? Michael

I have spent some time searching for an answer, but have not come across it yet. First, Thanks Bill for taking the time to write this code. I hope some day I can fully understand how it works. I have installed v4.5.2 on a clean install of OSC 2.2ms2. I have started customizing the templates from the begining, and can't remeber if this worked or not right after install. Everything seems to be working as expected, however, I cannot get the main $content to work anywhere in the site. Without that working, there is no way to view products, view shopping cart, log in, etc. Has anyone seen this, and what could I possibly be doing wrong? If I put $content in the body of the template, it does not show in the browser. if I put $contentabc in the body of the template, I see abc in the browser. I checked debug and the tags are there, but they are empty.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Check your STS installation in includes/column_right.php and in includes/footer.php, this is where the $content is catched by STS. You say that tags are empty, is there other empty tags than $content?

- Chris

i can't seem to get STS 4.5.2 to work with a clean install of osC 2.2ms2. regardless of whether i manually make the edits to files or overwrite them, i still get the following error:

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/16/d212814324/htdocs/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/16/d212814324/htdocs/catalog/admin/modules.php:54) in /homepages/16/d212814324/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

now my PHP knowledge is very limited (hence my desire to use STS), but can anyone help me figure this out? i'm not sure how to even troubleshoot errors like this.

i can't seem to get STS 4.5.2 to work with a clean install of osC 2.2ms2. regardless of whether i manually make the edits to files or overwrite them, i still get the following error:

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/16/d212814324/htdocs/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/16/d212814324/htdocs/catalog/admin/modules.php:54) in /homepages/16/d212814324/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

now my PHP knowledge is very limited (hence my desire to use STS), but can anyone help me figure this out? i'm not sure how to even troubleshoot errors like this.

How are you tying to configure the STS Default Module? You may have added the wrong file information in the "Files to Include" section in the Admin/Modules/STS/Default. For now, just leave the default information in there and do not add anything else and see if you still get the errors.

If the errors occur immediately after the STS installation, then it would appear that you are missing some files or misplaced some of the files from the contribution during the install.

As far as the Headers already sent error message, see the osC knowledge base on how to troubleshoot.

:thumbsup: If you fix the first error, the second should take care of itself.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

How are you tying to configure the STS Default Module? You may have added the wrong file information in the "Files to Include" section in the Admin/Modules/STS/Default. For now, just leave the default information in there and do not add anything else and see if you still get the errors.

If the errors occur immediately after the STS installation, then it would appear that you are missing some files or misplaced some of the files from the contribution during the install.

As far as the Headers already sent error message, see the osC knowledge base on how to troubleshoot.

:thumbsup: If you fix the first error, the second should take care of itself.

i followed the install instructions to the letter. i assure you, none of the files are misplaced, or missing. i have done a clean install of osC and STS 3 times now. the error occurs when i try to activate the default STS template. as soon as i set the "use template" radio to "true" and then hit "update," it returns the error. the store itself remain unaffected, and the STS template is not activated.

Do you get same error when you save/update a payment or shipping module?

The second error comes because of the first one. The first error write something to the browser, then in file general.php (line 22) we start building the html page, but something has already been sent to the browser (the 1st error), so comes the second error message.

I have installed STS many times and never got this error. Is your osCommerce working well beside this? Can you for example order products without trouble?

- Chris

Do you get same error when you save/update a payment or shipping module?

The second error comes because of the first one. The first error write something to the browser, then in file general.php (line 22) we start building the html page, but something has already been sent to the browser (the 1st error), so comes the second error message.

I have installed STS many times and never got this error. Is your osCommerce working well beside this? Can you for example order products without trouble?

- Chris

apparently, the issue is not STS related, it's happening with all the modules. i'll repost in proper forum, thx for your help.

apparently, the issue is not STS related, it's happening with all the modules. i'll repost in proper forum, thx for your help.

What version of osC are you using? Version 060817 had a module refresh bug in it that was corrected with the latest osC release (July 4th update).

See the following post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1117449

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Check your STS installation in includes/column_right.php and in includes/footer.php, this is where the $content is catched by STS. You say that tags are empty, is there other empty tags than $content?

- Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Since this was a new installation, I blew it out and started over with newer versions. I ended up with 2.2rc1 and STS453. Installation was easy, and all worked from the start.

Here is one question though. I would like the pop-up option without the image that $product_popup$ gives you. Is there a simple way to achieve this? I'm sure there is, I just have not looked in the right spot yet. I just want the text link "Click to Enlarge" without the image.

-Jim

$product_popup$ placeholder is built in includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php, search for:

$template_pinfo['product_popup']=

and you'll see the code.

- Chris

Create a template named popup_image.php.html in your templates folder, placeholders for this template can be found in chapter 4.9 of User Manual, and enable the popup image module from admin. That's all.

Has anyone gotten a 'related products' contribution to work with STS4? I downloaded one and found on the catalog side that it is just an include file. I created an STS variable for this and inserted it into my product_info.php.html file. However, it is being included at the top of my page, before the HTML opening tag. At first, I thought I had screwed up my table structure but made sure I had deleted the table row tags that Dreamweaver put in my template so they wouldn't be redundant when the include was added. I also noticed there was a number 1 where the included should have been displayed in my template. I'm not sure where I am going wrong with this.

Thanks

Found my error...another *DUH* moment.

Has anyone gotten a 'related products' contribution to work with STS4? I downloaded one and found on the catalog side that it is just an include file. I created an STS variable for this and inserted it into my product_info.php.html file. However, it is being included at the top of my page, before the HTML opening tag. At first, I thought I had screwed up my table structure but made sure I had deleted the table row tags that Dreamweaver put in my template so they wouldn't be redundant when the include was added. I also noticed there was a number 1 where the included should have been displayed in my template. I'm not sure where I am going wrong with this.

Thanks

Hey,

I've just installed Article Manager and want it to appear on my front page using STS.

What code do I need to include in my template file bearing in mind that I don't want infoboxes, I want it to appear on my front page above 'new products'?

Thanks

Hey,

I've just installed Article Manager and want it to appear on my front page using STS.

What code do I need to include in my template file bearing in mind that I don't want infoboxes, I want it to appear on my front page above 'new products'?

Thanks

You could add a PHP Include statement directly into your template to add in the Article Manager stuff.

:thumbsup: Keep in mind that the Article Manager contribution is based on infoboxes so you have your work cut out for you.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

We can enter an include statement into our STS templates directly? Didn't know that...good piece of info. I had been creating an STS variable and setting it equal to the include.

You could add a PHP Include statement directly into your template to add in the Article Manager stuff.

:thumbsup: Keep in mind that the Article Manager contribution is based on infoboxes so you have your work cut out for you.

We can enter an include statement into our STS templates directly? Didn't know that...good piece of info. I had been creating an STS variable and setting it equal to the include.
Hi Debbie, Since version 4, you can actually enter any PHP code directly into your template to do all kinds of neat things. It actually adds some serious features to the osCommerce cart rather than just adding a template engine.

These are advanced features of course but if you know your way around PHP then the sky is the limit. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am used to using server side includes in my HTML pages to make maintenance easier. I'll have to see if I can use PHP include to do this. It would save me a lot of time.

Hi Debbie, Since version 4, you can actually enter any PHP code directly into your template to do all kinds of neat things. It actually adds some serious features to the osCommerce cart rather than just adding a template engine.

These are advanced features of course but if you know your way around PHP then the sky is the limit. :thumbsup: