• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

this should solve your problems in STS not showing in admin

in admin\includes\boxes.php

I found the spaces in this statement to be the problem...

// START STS 4.3.2

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .

// END STS 4.3.2

Replace with...

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .

Now works.... :D

Hi Andy,

I looked for this file and do not have boxes.php in the admin\includes\ folder under catalog or under root. this is what is making me think I don't have the full install. the only boxes.php in the entire site is in the catalog/includes/classes folder. I found a similar line to the one you mention in catalog\admin\includes\boxes\modules.php and removed the sts comment but still not wokring.

at least it's something new to try. Any other ideas???

Hi Andy,

I looked for this file and do not have boxes.php in the admin\includes\ folder under catalog or under root. this is what is making me think I don't have the full install. the only boxes.php in the entire site is in the catalog/includes/classes folder. I found a similar line to the one you mention in catalog\admin\includes\boxes\modules.php and removed the sts comment but still not wokring.

at least it's something new to try. Any other ideas???

I figured it out! In my oscommerce install there is a admin folder under the site root and another under the catalog subfolder. The documentation led me to believe that the admin folder contents are to be copied to the admin folder under catalog subfolder. I just copied the admin folder contents into the admin folder under the root and now STS shows up under admin modules. hooray, yippee, etc.!

I figured it out! In my oscommerce install there is a admin folder under the site root and another under the catalog subfolder. The documentation led me to believe that the admin folder contents are to be copied to the admin folder under catalog subfolder. I just copied the admin folder contents into the admin folder under the root and now STS shows up under admin modules. hooray, yippee, etc.!

Congtats! :thumbsup:

I think it's just a matter to double check and if need be recheck...At least everyone now knows this version is working OK and the problem with the Admin just needs a little more care.....Suppose it's cause were all so eager to check it out :D

I guess my problem was down to FTP and nothing else...maybe???

Edited by a-n-d-y

Hi Colin, sorry you are having problems - but I am really glad I am not the ONLY one!! ;-D No resolution yet but I remain ever hopeful.

Hey Kathy:

Re problem with STS not appearing under Modules in the oscommerce administration control panel

Did what you suggested and copied all the admin files within catalog/admin over the admin files within the root admin folder.

Voila, STS now appears under Modules in the oscommerce administration control panel.

Thanks!!!!!!

Colin

HELLO All,

I want to link the file of "tell_a_friend.php" in the file "product_info.php.html" of the folder "content". So, I add the code

$sts->template['urltellafriend'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND);

in the file "general.php." It seems work! Please see the image following:

4.jpg

But, when I click it, it only opens an blank product_info.php! Please see the image following:

5.jpg

Is there anything what should I do but I miss? Please HELP me!

Coral

Dear All,

I find $cat_# & $urlcat_# can work perfectly in all the PHP pages, however, the BUG occurs when it meets product_info.php. If the product_info.php page reads the product in the SECOND level category(ex.http://****product_info.php?cPath=3_11 ), $cat_# & $urlcat_# variables can't work! It will show directly what the variable is. (Please see the following image 1) But, if the product_info.php page reads the product in the first level category(ex.http://****product_info.php?cPath=37 ), the variables can work perfectly. (Please see the following image 2)

Is there any anyone coould please kindly help my to modify the sts_user_code.php? I keep to find the answer for all this week! PLEASE.........!! and THANK......all of your help SO MUCH!

image 1

2.jpg

image 2

3.jpg

Hi

I have installed the sts4 and I have 2 small problems and i can't find an answer after searching

1. The currency is $ dollars and I need it to be £ sterling (I have added the currency and changed the relevant file to reflect the changes)

2. Where do I add the $sid token to take care of sessions

Thanks

Roost

Edited by roosters

Hey Kathy:

Re problem with STS not appearing under Modules in the oscommerce administration control panel

Did what you suggested and copied all the admin files within catalog/admin over the admin files within the root admin folder.

Voila, STS now appears under Modules in the oscommerce administration control panel.

Thanks!!!!!!

Colin

I'm all for making things simple but the instructions clearly state what "catalog" means. The osCommerce Knowledge Base explains even further:

Catalog Directory

The catalog directory exists inside the oscommerce-X directory created by extracting the osCommerce download package (where X is the osCommerce version number).

Web Server Document Path

The web server document path is the directory where the web server has been configured to look for the HTML/PHP files to serve to the public. Example web server document paths are:

/home/hpdl/public_html/

/srv/www/htdocs/

/usr/local/htdocs/

If the catalog directory is kept and copied to, for example, /home/hpdl/public_html/catalog/, the web server public address would be http://www.my-server.com/catalog/.

If the osCommerce installation is to reside on the root path, for example http://www.my-server.com/, then the files within the catalog directory should be copied over and not the actual catalog directory itself.

So...the instructions states the above regarding the "catalog" directory as well as stating that STS follows the same directory structure as osCommerce. If your store was installed in a folder called "catalog" or something totally different such as "my_store", that is where you would copy the "admin" and "includes" files into.

All of the catalog/admin files should have been copied into your "catalog" what ever you named it. If your store is not in a folder, but was installed in the root, you would copy the catalog/admin files into your mydomain.com/admin.

If you do not understand the above you should consider paying a professional to make contribution installations for you.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I'm all for making things simple but the instructions clearly state what "catalog" means. The osCommerce Knowledge Base explains even further:

So...the instructions states the above regarding the "catalog" directory as well as stating that STS follows the same directory structure as osCommerce. If your store was installed in a folder called "catalog" or something totally different such as "my_store", that is where you would copy the "admin" and "includes" files into.

All of the catalog/admin files should have been copied into your "catalog" what ever you named it. If your store is not in a folder, but was installed in the root, you would copy the catalog/admin files into your mydomain.com/admin.

If you do not understand the above you should consider paying a professional to make contribution installations for you.

Ouch, settle down Bill. I think maybe you misunderstand at least in my situation. My default install of oscommerce resides in a folder called "catalog" under the site root, it could also have been called "store" or whatever but in my case it is called catalog. I copied the contribution files and folders, admin and includes, here. This led to the situtation of the sts mod not showing up in the admin panel.

I also had another admin folder under root - above the catalog folder. None of the other oscommerce files are in the root - only the admin folder. Why it installs this way I can't say, it is installed automatically by my hsphere control panel. But this is where I needed to copy the admin files in the contribution for it to show up.

The last line above IMHO is not cool. Aren't we all here just trying to help each other? Insults are rarely helpful.

The last line above IMHO is not cool. Aren't we all here just trying to help each other? Insults are rarely helpful.
Kathy, first off, I'm glad things are working for you now. My last line was not an insult but rather strong advice for those that are having that much trouble just at the "catalog" folder issue they should consider outside help since it is only going to get tougher from there. To my knowledge I have never insulted, or will ever insult anyone on these forums. I'm sorry if anyone took that the wrong way. :blush:

As far as your installation is concerned, that is really weird. Are you sure that folder is your osCommerce Admin? I can see your host installing a .htaccess file outside of osCommerce to configure some security settings but I have never heard of the setup that you described. With that said, I can see why you would have been confused by the STS install instructions. Wow. Well, at least you figured out a work around. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Kathy, first off, I'm glad things are working for you now. My last line was not an insult but rather strong advice for those that are having that much trouble just at the "catalog" folder issue they should consider outside help since it is only going to get tougher from there. To my knowledge I have never insulted, or will ever insult anyone on these forums. I'm sorry if anyone took that the wrong way. :blush:

As far as your installation is concerned, that is really weird. Are you sure that folder is your osCommerce Admin? I can see your host installing a .htaccess file outside of osCommerce to configure some security settings but I have never heard of the setup that you described. With that said, I can see why you would have been confused by the STS install instructions. Wow. Well, at least you figured out a work around. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that. I may have taken it a little too personally. :D

Yup, the osc admin folder is in the root, everything else for osc is under catalog - go figure. The install was the hardest part. If you want to check out what I did today - go to http://firstaidsuppliesplus.com/catalog/ - its not perfect but its a start. the sites not live yet so don't buy anything!!

Glad to hear that. I may have taken it a little too personally. :D

Yup, the osc admin folder is in the root, everything else for osc is under catalog - go figure. The install was the hardest part. If you want to check out what I did today - go to http://firstaidsuppliesplus.com/catalog/ - its not perfect but its a start. the sites not live yet so don't buy anything!!

I like how your header graphics really fit your site. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey all,

I've got a heavily modified site that I recently very easily converted to templating with STSv2.0 (yeah I know - sooo old) smile.gif

I have built my desired templates and feel of the shop and have it working perfectly.

But then I was lulled into the cool attributes of the newer STS4.3.2 version - admin control, on/off, various template modes etc..

So, I decided to upgrade.... and now I can't get STS to work with my old designs. I can easily back out, but would rather have the newer version with all it's bells and whistles.

It may be an upgrade incompatibility, or simply my inexperience with STS, but the core STS files seems to have fundamentally diffferent tags and coding in them. I've read the user and install guides, but still lost as to how to convert my old STS templates to be recognised byt he new STS system.

With STS 4.3.2, whether I have STS Default turned on or off, my website doesn't change. Even if I specify for STS to use the /test directory with the test templates

These are the upgrade/install steps I took:

1. BACKED UP all my files smile.gif

2. Replaced ALL the new files as mentioned for a FRESH install

3. Copied my old sts_template.html to a new directory in \catalog\includes\sts_templates

4. In ADMIN: turned ON STS DEFAULT, specified new directory

That's it, and now I have the oscommerce header, footer, banner, column left and column right. Granted that I copied over my old column left/right, header and footer files, however STS2 template was not referring to these files anyway.

Any help, muchly appreciated!!

Elise,

The first thing before trying your old template is to make STS4 working correctly using the "test" template folder.

STS4 is much different than STS2, only the idea remains but the changes in osC files are so different that STS2 must be removed first, and then STS4 can be installed.

So, I would propose these steps to upgrade:

- Take STS2 from the contribution download page and check which files are modified by STS2

- Remove the STS2 modifications (or replace by STS4 file if available)

- Install STS4

- When it works, try with your own template. If some placeholders are not working, check the doc. If you are using product info templates, check the doc for the compatibility mode available for old templates.

That's more or less how I would do.

- Rigadin

Could someone help me with the infobox templates? I want to customize let say the language box with a different design. I have put a file named infobox_language.php.html in the /boxes folder but nothing happens. It's still the design used in box.php.html. In the docs, it says

Include the name of the infobox template in the filename in the following format:

• infobox_infoboxname.php.html

What exactly does that mean? If someone already went this path please share your experience.

Question 2: Is it possible to assign different designs to boxes like Featured Products, New Products, or Specials that are displayed in the central area? I mean can it be changed by using an infobox template?

Alex

Hi all

I've been playing around with this WONDERFUL contribution, but i have one question:

Can anybody tell me how i make a dropdown menu on manufacturers similar to the Category menu (catmenu) in the "full" template. That is... a single dropdown menu with no box-content around it.

I've found the code for catmenu in the sts_user_code.php file, but i simply can't figure out how to make one for manufacturers.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks in advance.

/Metro

You either did not run the database script included in the contribution (stsv4.3 with htcv2.5.9) or you copied over the "configure.php" file that should not have been part of the STS service pack.

Yes: I have the same problem. Error message:

"...[function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user..."

And I DID copy over the configue.php file, as I wanted to correct some error in there. But I did not edit the file from my server, but the file from my local machine. - I assume this file was changed by the installation routine and so I destroyed this.

But how to I get this file back into the state which I need on my server?

PLEASE help! :'(

Andreas

SHP: OsCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2;

SQL für osC: MySQL 4.1.20-standard

SQL für CAO: MySQL 5.01 & MySQL-Client-Version: 4.0.24

SRV: AppServ Open Project 2.4.0

Server Version: 4.1.20-standard

PHP Version: 5.1.4 (Zend: 2.1.0)

SYS: Windows XP Home Edition SP2

CAO: Faktura 1.2.6.21 F; Kasse: no

Contributions:

CAO-OSC.PHP 1.53_496

Download_Controllerv5.3 MS2.2_2 Patched on Dec 6, 2006 by Yonny

Visitor Web Stats 3.1

UnsoldCartsReport_v2.1

keywords 1.3

Bank Transfer V1.1B

European Bank Transfer 1.9.1

HeaderTags_V_2.6.1

Yes: I have the same problem. Error message:

"...[function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user..."

And I DID copy over the configue.php file, as I wanted to correct some error in there. But I did not edit the file from my server, but the file from my local machine. - I assume this file was changed by the installation routine and so I destroyed this.

But how to I get this file back into the state which I need on my server?

PLEASE help! :'(

Andreas

I found the solution for this in another thread:

I had to edit 2 files:

includes/configure.php and

admin/includes/configure.php e.g.

And reenter my login-data into these lines:

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', ''); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'YOUR DATABASE USERNAME HERE');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'YOUR DATABASE PASSWORD HERE');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'YOUR DATABASE NAME HERE');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Thanks for listening.

Andreas :D

SHP: OsCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2;

SQL für osC: MySQL 4.1.20-standard

SQL für CAO: MySQL 5.01 & MySQL-Client-Version: 4.0.24

SRV: AppServ Open Project 2.4.0

Server Version: 4.1.20-standard

PHP Version: 5.1.4 (Zend: 2.1.0)

SYS: Windows XP Home Edition SP2

CAO: Faktura 1.2.6.21 F; Kasse: no

Contributions:

CAO-OSC.PHP 1.53_496

Download_Controllerv5.3 MS2.2_2 Patched on Dec 6, 2006 by Yonny

Visitor Web Stats 3.1

UnsoldCartsReport_v2.1

keywords 1.3

Bank Transfer V1.1B

European Bank Transfer 1.9.1

HeaderTags_V_2.6.1

Elise,

The first thing before trying your old template is to make STS4 working correctly using the "test" template folder.

STS4 is much different than STS2, only the idea remains but the changes in osC files are so different that STS2 must be removed first, and then STS4 can be installed.

So, I would propose these steps to upgrade:

- Take STS2 from the contribution download page and check which files are modified by STS2

- Remove the STS2 modifications (or replace by STS4 file if available)

- Install STS4

- When it works, try with your own template. If some placeholders are not working, check the doc. If you are using product info templates, check the doc for the compatibility mode available for old templates.

That's more or less how I would do.

- Rigadin

Hey Rigadin,

Thanks for your response. I already did exactly as you've advised. I completely removed STS2, and installed STS4.3.2 from scratch as a clean install. And THIS is the install I am unable to even get the test templates working - at all!?

I've checked and rechecked my configuration/install and can't seem to find the culprit.

Could someone help me with the infobox templates? I want to customize let say the language box with a different design. I have put a file named infobox_language.php.html in the /boxes folder but nothing happens. It's still the design used in box.php.html. In the docs, it says

Include the name of the infobox template in the filename in the following format:

• infobox_infoboxname.php.html

What exactly does that mean? If someone already went this path please share your experience.

Question 2: Is it possible to assign different designs to boxes like Featured Products, New Products, or Specials that are displayed in the central area? I mean can it be changed by using an infobox template?

Alex

You can look in includes/boxes folder for the different infoboxes name. In the case of the language box, you should create a template named infobox_languages.php.html

Infoboxes displayed in the central area are located in includes/modules and can be "templated" too.

- Rigadin

For those of you who have problem to connect to their database: the service packs I released in november contain too many files, like my own configure.php, which will for sure crash yout installation. So you can learn 3 basic rules:

- Always backup before making changes.

- Never trust 100% my code (and more generally, never trust 100% all the code you download)

- Use a file compare program to make the changes.

There is a service pack with only necessary files available in the download section since december 7th.

- Rigadin

Hey Rigadin,

Thanks for your response. I already did exactly as you've advised. I completely removed STS2, and installed STS4.3.2 from scratch as a clean install. And THIS is the install I am unable to even get the test templates working - at all!?

I've checked and rechecked my configuration/install and can't seem to find the culprit.

When you go back to admin - Modules - STS, do you see that the default STS module is installed? If not, you have to read little bit backward in this forum, there are some problems with the august-06 release of osCommerce.

When you are in your store, add sts_debug=debug in the URL. You should see your template as well as lot of code below. Do you?

- Rigadin

You can look in includes/boxes folder for the different infoboxes name. In the case of the language box, you should create a template named infobox_languages.php.html

Infoboxes displayed in the central area are located in includes/modules and can be "templated" too.

- Rigadin

That does it for both questions I had! Never got a fast answer like that. Thanks for your help, Rigadin.

Alex

First, I want to say how helpful STS has been.

I'm 99% done with my site, but I'm having an issue with the home page template. For some reason, when I add the template for index.php_0.html it doesn't change anything, and I get the default OSCommerce landing page.

I'm on v4.3. Any thoughts on what is happening, or what I might be doing wrong?

Have you installed the index module in admin? Admin > Modules > STS > Index must be installed and enabled in order to use index.php_0.html or any other index.php_XXX.html template.

- Rigadin