• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

The login box is not part of the original osCommerce 2.2 so it is not in STS, you have to create is yourself. Look in catalog/includes/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php for an example how to create your own placeholder.

- Rigadin

I have gone from bad to worse now with STS. I started wtih STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9 and installed carefully using the Copy Files (for new store only) section. I changed permissions on the 2 files indicated and went on the Install the database changes section. ran database_setup.php and got the success message. I then proceeded to Configuration for STS v4.3.2 section but STS didn't show up in modules in admin.

After checking and not finding anything obviously wrong, I check documentation, forums, tech support, etc and then deleted the store and started over from scratch. Well, the same thing happened the second time around.

I then installed SP1, the patch, sp2 again, sp2 revised and finally STSv4.3.2 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.0 Bundle.

I contacted tech support at my host and tehy suggested that I missed a section re: manual mods to modules.php. I reread the install docs again and it seemed like he was talking ab9out the admin mods in the Copy Files (for modified store) section. Well, i didn't have a modified store but I tried it anyway. The admin mods in htis section had not been made. I backed up all teh files and modified as indicated and uploaded. The catlog section mods were already there and didn't need to be updated manually.

This time when I went to look for the STS in the admin modules the entire module section had dissappeared.

I haven't seen many install probelms mentioned in the forums so I can only assume I am the stupidest person to ever try to install this thing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I get a blank page when installing stsv4.3 onto a new installation of oSC 2.2-MS2 as per the instructions.

I've enabled default module in the sts module in the admin, and set it to true, i havent' done made any other changes. I've scoured this forum and none of the solutions helped...please help!

my settings:

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

false

The contrib that i downloaded and installed from the sts contrib page was the version that was released on nov 2 by rigadin2. Should i try another one that was sooner and if so, which one?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by gohard

I get a blank page when installing stsv4.3 onto a new installation of oSC 2.2-MS2 as per the instructions.

I've enabled default module in the sts module in the admin, and set it to true, i havent' done made any other changes. I've scoured this forum and none of the solutions helped...please help!

my settings:

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

false

The contrib that i downloaded and installed from the sts contrib page was the version that was released on nov 2 by rigadin2. Should i try another one that was sooner and if so, which one?

Thanks in advance!

Fixed it, just had to turn off gzip compression in the admin...i don't know what this means but it works!

Fixed it, just had to turn off gzip compression in the admin...i don't know what this means but it works!
This has been mentioned in this forum several times. You can actually use GZip, you just need to lower the settings in the admin to make it work.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

This has been mentioned in this forum several times. You can actually use GZip, you just need to lower the settings in the admin to make it work.

Actually gzip was already set to 1, and it still didn't work, (i tried 9 in case i had it backwards and also tried <1)

I am installing a multilanguage site (will be in UTF-8 as i will work with chinese russian japanese on the same site) .

I am interesting in having different layouts(and possibly different content) for different markets.

I guess the best would be integrating this with STS.

Has anyone worked on this before?

if not, anyone interested in working on it with us?

thanks!

jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

One way to make the GZip compression working with STS is to cut the following code from application_top.php:

// if gzip_compression is enabled, start to buffer the output
 if ( (GZIP_COMPRESSION == 'true') && ($ext_zlib_loaded = extension_loaded('zlib')) && (PHP_VERSION >= '4') ) {
if (($ini_zlib_output_compression = (int)ini_get('zlib.output_compression')) < 1) {
  if (PHP_VERSION >= '4.0.4') {
	ob_start('ob_gzhandler');
  } else {
	include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'gzip_compression.php');
	ob_start();
	ob_implicit_flush();
  }
} else {
  ini_set('zlib.output_compression_level', GZIP_LEVEL);
}
 }

And paste it in includes/modules/sts_inc/display_output.php, after

if ($sts->display_template_output == 1) {

The side effect is that compressing will not work if STS is disabled.

Maybe next STS release will have this problem corrected and work by default with GZip compression.

- Rigadin

Hello

First of all, I am a complete novice (this is to excuse my questions). I downloaded OScommerce only a week ago and since then I have tried to customize the look of my store. I discovered how to change fonts and background images by changing stylesheet.css and so on. Then I discovered the STS and by reading the introduction, it seems to be easy but I just don't seem to get it. I downloaded and installed the database and now, according to the manual the next step is:"Use style sheet settings or HTML settings to provide a custom look and feel to your site and arrange elements (placeholders) wherever you like them." Can you help, where to start? Are there any other manuals to refer to?

Also, according to the manual, after enabling the sts default module, my shop should look like /catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html, although I think I did everything correctly, the address www.xxx.com/catalog takes you still to the default page. Only when I type www.xxx.com/catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html I see the page with placeholders. Is that because I havent made any changes yet?

Sorry again,

but I bet there are other complete novices who might find it useful

Hi,

Your URL will not change when using STS. STS reads the html file catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html and then replace the placeholders like &categorybox by the corresponding code.

So, to start, open sts_template.html with an html editor and move the things around, you will then see the difference in your store.

- Rigadin

One way to make the GZip compression working with STS is to cut the following code from application_top.php:

// if gzip_compression is enabled, start to buffer the output
 if ( (GZIP_COMPRESSION == 'true') && ($ext_zlib_loaded = extension_loaded('zlib')) && (PHP_VERSION >= '4') ) {
if (($ini_zlib_output_compression = (int)ini_get('zlib.output_compression')) < 1) {
  if (PHP_VERSION >= '4.0.4') {
	ob_start('ob_gzhandler');
  } else {
	include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'gzip_compression.php');
	ob_start();
	ob_implicit_flush();
  }
} else {
  ini_set('zlib.output_compression_level', GZIP_LEVEL);
}
 }

And paste it in includes/modules/sts_inc/display_output.php, after

if ($sts->display_template_output == 1) {

The side effect is that compressing will not work if STS is disabled.

Maybe next STS release will have this problem corrected and work by default with GZip compression.

- Rigadin

Chris, I think this is a very good fix as it is. :thumbsup:

The only other thing to add would be an "else" statement when STS is disabled.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have gone from bad to worse now with STS. I started wtih STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9 and installed carefully using the Copy Files (for new store only) section. I changed permissions on the 2 files indicated and went on the Install the database changes section. ran database_setup.php and got the success message. I then proceeded to Configuration for STS v4.3.2 section but STS didn't show up in modules in admin.

After checking and not finding anything obviously wrong, I check documentation, forums, tech support, etc and then deleted the store and started over from scratch. Well, the same thing happened the second time around.

I then installed SP1, the patch, sp2 again, sp2 revised and finally STSv4.3.2 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.0 Bundle.

I contacted tech support at my host and tehy suggested that I missed a section re: manual mods to modules.php. I reread the install docs again and it seemed like he was talking ab9out the admin mods in the Copy Files (for modified store) section. Well, i didn't have a modified store but I tried it anyway. The admin mods in htis section had not been made. I backed up all teh files and modified as indicated and uploaded. The catlog section mods were already there and didn't need to be updated manually.

This time when I went to look for the STS in the admin modules the entire module section had dissappeared.

I haven't seen many install probelms mentioned in the forums so I can only assume I am the stupidest person to ever try to install this thing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Similar problem. Latest version/virgin installation of osc and an install of STS/HTC (STSv4.3.2_HTCv2.6_1.zip) succesful up until Configuration section then no STS/HTC under Admin - Modules. What are we missing?

Love to go with work with what looks to be a wonderful tool. Thanks to all working on it.

Similiar problem noted on post under general Templates and Images. Assume this is the most recent version of STS as well.

Dec. 5, 12:17 PM

Andy Ide

Hi all,

Just installed STS and its link is not showing in modules in my admin area.

Any hints on how to get the link ahappening?

Andy

Similar problem. Latest version/virgin installation of osc and an install of STS/HTC (STSv4.3.2_HTCv2.6_1.zip) succesful up until Configuration section then no STS/HTC under Admin - Modules. What are we missing?

Hi Colin, sorry you are having problems - but I am really glad I am not the ONLY one!! ;-D No resolution yet but I remain ever hopeful.

Ok, just so that I don't end up banging my head against the wall (again), I'm going to install STS 4.3 SP1 and SP2-2 on my site.

It is not a virgin site and, what I want to clarify is this;

In SP2-2, it says, if you already have SP1 installed, just overwrite these two files. That's fine.

However, in SP1, there is just a whack of files and folders without any indication as to weither I just drop them on my site or if I have to do a surgical install of specfic files and/or folders.

I like to check little things like this, even though I backup before each contribution, just to avoid "head against the wall" type situation.

Any advice?

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

this should solve your problems in STS not showing in admin

in admin\includes\boxes.php

I found the spaces in this statement to be the problem...

// START STS 4.3.2

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .

// END STS 4.3.2

Replace with...

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .

Now works.... :D

this should solve your problems in STS not showing in admin

in admin\includes\boxes.php

I found the spaces in this statement to be the problem...

// START STS 4.3.2

// END STS 4.3.2

Replace with...

Now works.... :D

Andy, did you manually insert the code or did you use the supplied boxes.php file? I have installed this contribution several times with no errors as far as blank spaces go.

The lines // START STS 4.3.2 do not have any bearings on spaces since they are commented out. PHP will skip over these lines. They are put in the code to help you know what is being modified by STS so that it will make future contribution installations easier.

To others having issues with STS not showing up in the admin: Sometimes this can be chalked up to nothing more than a FTP upload error. (which is not that all uncommon)

Re-upload the supplied files from the contribution.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

About STS v4.3 SP2:

I posted again the Service Pack 2 for STS 4.3 as it seems that I was too generous with my previous posts and left too many files inside the packages of "SP1", "SP2" and "SP2 again". The new SP2 package includes files to be changed for people having already STS 4.3 or 4.3SP1 installed.

About GZip:

The trick I posted one page ago to make GZip working is only a temporary dirty solution, the problem will be solved in a much cleaner way in next STS release.

About installation problems:

I don't know how things can go wrong in admin side, as this part has not changed for many months. There are now 3 different packages where STS4.3.2 can be downloaded and this does not help. In my mind the HTC integration is not complicated and should contain only explanations on how to do it, instead of all STS+HTC files. Sorry Bill, I know you think different...

- Rigadin

About GZip:

The trick I posted one page ago to make GZip working is only a temporary dirty solution, the problem will be solved in a much cleaner way in next STS release.

You can also add this to your .htaccess file

# Directive to ensure gzip works properly

php_flag zlib.output_compression On

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

About STS v4.3 SP2:

I posted again the Service Pack 2 for STS 4.3 as it seems that I was too generous with my previous posts and left too many files inside the packages of "SP1", "SP2" and "SP2 again". The new SP2 package includes files to be changed for people having already STS 4.3 or 4.3SP1 installed.

About GZip:

About installation problems:

I don't know how things can go wrong in admin side, as this part has not changed for many months. There are now 3 different packages where STS4.3.2 can be downloaded and this does not help. In my mind the HTC integration is not complicated and should contain only explanations on how to do it, instead of all STS+HTC files. Sorry Bill, I know you think different...

- Rigadin

Chris, no need to apologize. I can see your point. Maybe you or I can upload a "clean" version of STSv4.3.2 that includes all of the service packs and fixes without any HTC integration. The only reason I bundled them together was because of all of the personal requests for help regarding getting HTC and STS to work together. :-

I'm all for making things simple. :blink:

I think the installation issues are from missing files that users are not putting onto their servers either from a bad FTP upload or just not following the directions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Chris, no need to apologize. I can see your point. Maybe you or I can upload a "clean" version of STSv4.3.2 that includes all of the service packs and fixes without any HTC integration. The only reason I bundled them together was because of all of the personal requests for help regarding getting HTC and STS to work together. :-

I'm all for making things simple. :blink:

I think the installation issues are from missing files that users are not putting onto their servers either from a bad FTP upload or just not following the directions.

Hi, I am still having install problems and am wondering:

have I tried to install the full version? I have included all attempted versions in a previous post.

Is there a complete install directory tree with chmod info available somewhere to compare what I have with a correct complete install?

back to basics on FTP, are sql and php files uploaded as ascii or binary? I have tried both and doesn't seem to make a difference either way. There are no errors in the ftp log. I am running out of ideas.

if I can't make this thing work is there any other contrib you would recommend.

Andy, did you manually insert the code or did you use the supplied boxes.php file? I have installed this contribution several times with no errors as far as blank spaces go.

The lines // START STS 4.3.2 do not have any bearings on spaces since they are commented out. PHP will skip over these lines. They are put in the code to help you know what is being modified by STS so that it will make future contribution installations easier.

To others having issues with STS not showing up in the admin: Sometimes this can be chalked up to nothing more than a FTP upload error. (which is not that all uncommon)

Re-upload the supplied files from the contribution.

This I know what you say concerning // START STS 4.3.2 but whilst checking the files the script showed errors on that line and once I deleted the comments all was ok! And I just copied and pasted from PDF and used UltraEdit.

I am also puzzled as to why this was the error, but It Worked??

Unless it is a coinsidence, the file was as you say an FTP error.

Unsure but mine is now working perfect, so for those that still can't see STS in admin it wouldn't do any harm in tryting what I did...