• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Did you happen to edit your includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php file? Either way, compare this file with the one in the STS contribution to be sure you didn't comment out any of the myaccount tags.

Bill,

No, the only two files I did any editting to at all were stylesheet.css and the sts_template.html in the test directory (and I haven't renamed it).

It's weird, the whole site works fine, editting the site works fine, the only thing that doesn't is the logoff switch function of the $myaccountlogoff tag.

I'll do a file compare of the unmodded file and my editted sts_template.html and see if any of the differences reflect something that could be causing it. I'll also compare the general file you suggested.

However, I think I'll save off my editted file, upload the file from the archive and see if it works at all. That will eliminate the sts_template.html file, at least

Thanks for the suggestions

Richard

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Hi,

Recently installed STS 4.3 with HTC. All has gone well - I thought! Shop front all works. But have just one problem left - I can't get into the Admin > Catalog, and am getting this error :-

(catalog has been renamed strange)

The rest of my admin controls are fine.

I have looked at the .../admin/categories.php and line 1256 is the very last line of my code and is blank.

Anyone know what this error means? Or what I can do to fix it? :(

Thankyou

Kate, compare the admin/categories.php file from the contribution with your previous admin/categories.php file that used to work. Also, compare it with a stock oscommerce version xx admin/categories.php file where xx is the version of oscommerce that you are using (060817 for instance).

The problem lies with the categories.php file. You may have missed a ")" in one of the "stripslashes" statements or somewhere similiar.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Did you happen to edit your includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php file? Either way, compare this file with the one in the STS contribution to be sure you didn't comment out any of the myaccount tags.

Bill,

I ran both my remote copy of general.php and the pristine one from the contribution through Beyond Compare 2.4.3 and they are identical.

I then uploaded the sts_template.html file from the original contribution package and the $myaccountlogoff doesn't work in it as well.

So, that lets out general.php and sts_template.html as the cause of the problem. I'm running out of things that I've editted LOL, but, I'm open to conjecture, seeing as this little thing has stopped my store dead in its tracks.

Bill,

I ran both my remote copy of general.php and the pristine one from the contribution through Beyond Compare 2.4.3 and they are identical.

I then uploaded the sts_template.html file from the original contribution package and the $myaccountlogoff doesn't work in it as well.

So, that lets out general.php and sts_template.html as the cause of the problem. I'm running out of things that I've editted LOL, but, I'm open to conjecture, seeing as this little thing has stopped my store dead in its tracks.

Rich, you said you had edited your stylesheet...did you edit the headernavigation class? My line of thought here would be that the link is actually working but it does not have enough room to display the log off text. Try using the default stylesheet to rule this out.

Also, you said you used Beyond Compare to compare a few of the files. Did you compare all of the files in the contribution with your store files of the same name/folder? I would do this to rule out any missing code/files/files in the wrong folder, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Rich, you said you had edited your stylesheet...did you edit the headernavigation class? My line of thought here would be that the link is actually working but it does not have enough room to display the log off text. Try using the default stylesheet to rule this out.

Also, you said you used Beyond Compare to compare a few of the files. Did you compare all of the files in the contribution with your store files of the same name/folder? I would do this to rule out any missing code/files/files in the wrong folder, etc.

Bill,

I'll try all your suggestions (in the morning, it's, like, midnight here) and get back to you. As far as I know, I only modified the body and the infoboxes, but, I'll upload the original CSS file to be sure.

I'm sure it's something simple, but, of course, those are the most difficult to find (and I'll certainly own up if I was stupid enough to miss some file or folder).

I mean, no one else seems to have experienced this problem, so it has to be something I did/didn't do and I'm sure we'll find it.

Again, thanks for all the support,

Richard

Hi all,

I have a questions for how to get CSS menu v0.3 working in STS 4.3.

Installed it in a older version of my shop which has STS 4.2 and

it worked fine (had to copy the css-code from the categories_css.php file

to stylesheet.css and the java-code from the same php-file to my template

according the support thread of CSS menu).

Now i did exactly the same in my new shop which has STS 4.3 and it's not working,

the only thing i get now is a blank screen with the word Categories in it, and when i

view the source of the page i only see the java-code which was copied in my template.... :-(

Anybody has CSS menu working fine in STS 4.3?

Cheers,

Eric :D

Great contribution and really appreciate the effort!

STS 4.2 was installed on a clean osc release, but I have now installed the Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 contrib, and no content is showing in the sitemap.

I have been all over this forum and can't seem to find a fix - I am sure it is something so simple but it is now a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.

I just installed the sitemap mod as it was described - it seems to work apart from not being recognised by the STS $content variable.

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction!

Thanks!

Hi , All

I got same problem too, and how can i fix the problem :'(

regards,

Tefa

Hi , All

I got same problem too, and how can i fix the problem :'(

regards,

Tefa

Dynamic_sitemap.php

fine

<? //php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

change to

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Best regards,

Tefa

Bill,

Installing the original CSS file didn't do anything.

HOWEVER :blush: re-installing every file from the contribution did. One file, and I'm not sure, but, I THINK it was application_top.php (does that make sense) didn't ask if it was ok to over-write the existing file.

I re-installed my modified sts_template.html and the $myaccountlogoff now works. If fact, everything else still works too (I'm trying to keep my contribution list to the absolute essentials)

Now, though, I don't like the look of my site and I'm going to find a template I like and start all over again LOL.

Thank you for all the patience and support. This is the way a contribution SHOULD be supported and the first few bucks I make on my site is being donated to you, to encourage you to make more great contributions.

BTW, what do you know about the Canada Post with Dimensions shipping module LMAO

Thanks again,

Richard

Dear All,

I have turned on "Use tempalte for infoboxes" to true in the admin.

However, it won't use my infobox templates under /test/boxes/infobox_header.php.html...etc.

If you encountered same problem like I did, here is the solution for you.

So, I tracked down the code and discovered this variable is not set any where in sts class

$sts->infobox_enabled

So I added a variable in /includes/classes/sts.php

In class sts { Add this variable

var $infobox_enabled;

In sts class, in function sts() Add this:

if(MODULE_STS_INFOBOX_STATUS=='true'){
$this->infobox_enabled = true;
}

And it worked!! :D

Edited by stonez

Dear All,

I have turned on "Use tempalte for infoboxes" to true in the admin.

However, it won't use my infobox templates under /test/boxes/infobox_header.php.html...etc.

If you encountered same problem like I did, here is the solution for you.

So, I tracked down the code and discovered this variable is not set any where in sts class

$sts->infobox_enabled

So I added a variable in /includes/classes/sts.php

In class sts { Add this variable

var $infobox_enabled;

In sts class, in function sts() Add this:

if(MODULE_STS_INFOBOX_STATUS=='true'){
$this->infobox_enabled = true;
}

And it worked!! :D

I think you missed something in the install, particularlily the modules. The edits you made will no longer allow you to turn off the infobox templates in the admin. Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I installed the STS4.3 with HTC based on the upgrade installation instructions. But the Infobox template will not show up in my admin panel. I also found that there are two folders in the zip file - "new_files_only" and "all_files". File of the same filename under two folders are "different", for example, the sts.php.

I tried both on the installation. I also tried the STS4.3 without HTC. The results are the same. Please give me some guidance on what to look for.

Thanks,

Ken

@stonez:

You have a wrong STS class. The original STS 4.3 class of 2 nov 2006 contains code to enable/disable the infoboxes templates.

@parodielin.

Check the orignal STS 4.3 of 2 nov 2006 to see what are the right files. In this version, there are no double files.

@all:

If you upgrade from a previous version and don't see the infobox enable/disable checkbox in admin (sts default module), you have to remove the module and install it again. Before removing it, write down the actual parameters so you can enter them again after reinstallation.

- Rigadin

I installed the STS4.3 with HTC based ...

no other contribs are inalled .. but none of the images are been displayed.

the directory path is sitename/catalog/includes/stsfolder ..

i have checked and the images are under in sts_templates/moon_blue/images.

when i try the test template.. i get this error message

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox_header.php.html]

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox.php.html]

when i try the full templlate evrything works..

In my moon_blue template i placed all the images under the sts_templates/moon_blue/images folder is that ok.

it seem to looking for imaged under includes/sts_templates/modern_blue/images not catalog/includes/sts_templates/modern_blue/images.

any help would be appreciated

You just have to name it with the category info in the name. So if your category number is 1, then your pagename would be "yourtemplatename.php_1.html"

If you have subcategories that you want new pages for then you have "yourtemplatename.php_1_17.html" where the number 1 is the parent category, and the number 17 is the subcategory.

Tracy

hi

im stuck on the same or at least similar problem:

i have a index.php.html and i want to have another index for all other categories without creatin one for each.

so one for all and one for the 'root' index.

does anyone have a clue bout that?

thanks

Hi,

I've worked with OSC for a couple of years now and pretty much know my way around.

I have been using STS, most recently now STS 4.2 with the header tags controller Combo.

I have a question regarding creating Template Pages for NEW pages. :-"

I understand there are the usual pages, shipping.php, conditions.php etc. in the /catalog/ directory which I can 'skin up' by creating shipping.php.html in my template directory, for example.

If I want to create a new page called "pricelist.php" or something (for example), I think I have followed the instructions correctly in that I create the pricelist.php file and also create the template file for it in the template directory and call it "pricelist.php.html".

That seems to work fine, but I'm just scratching my head to be sure that I created the pricelist.php properly and put it in the /catalog/ directory.

I did a test and saved shipping.php, and stripped out everything apart from the includes for application_top.php, column_left.php and column_right.php

Are all these needed for it to work, or have I missed a trick ? Or do I just need application_top.php ?

Hope you can clear this up. :blush:

Many thanks and Regards,

Paul

@stonez:

You have a wrong STS class. The original STS 4.3 class of 2 nov 2006 contains code to enable/disable the infoboxes templates.

@parodielin.

Check the orignal STS 4.3 of 2 nov 2006 to see what are the right files. In this version, there are no double files.

@all:

If you upgrade from a previous version and don't see the infobox enable/disable checkbox in admin (sts default module), you have to remove the module and install it again. Before removing it, write down the actual parameters so you can enter them again after reinstallation.

- Rigadin

Rigadin,

Thanks for the response. I actually tried both versions and it will not show up. I think the file under "all_files" is the correct one.

The real problem is the thrid bullet as you described - I need to remove and install the default module in the admin panel. I traced into the source code the saw the "Infobox tempalte" option there. Re-install make it work. :)

Ken

Hi,

I've just added the sts v4.3 contrib onto my site and when i set the deafult to 'true' in modules I am presented with 'Internet Explorer Cannot display...'

I'm sure i've followed the instructions to a tee.

Can anyone advise?

Many Thanks

D4

I'm running into the same issue. Does anyone have a suggestion?

hi

im stuck on the same or at least similar problem:

i have a index.php.html and i want to have another index for all other categories without creatin one for each.

so one for all and one for the 'root' index.

does anyone have a clue bout that?

thanks

Create index.php_0.html for the main page and index.php.html for all categories.

- Rigadin

Hi,

I've worked with OSC for a couple of years now and pretty much know my way around.

I have been using STS, most recently now STS 4.2 with the header tags controller Combo.

I have a question regarding creating Template Pages for NEW pages. :-"

I understand there are the usual pages, shipping.php, conditions.php etc. in the /catalog/ directory which I can 'skin up' by creating shipping.php.html in my template directory, for example.

If I want to create a new page called "pricelist.php" or something (for example), I think I have followed the instructions correctly in that I create the pricelist.php file and also create the template file for it in the template directory and call it "pricelist.php.html".

That seems to work fine, but I'm just scratching my head to be sure that I created the pricelist.php properly and put it in the /catalog/ directory.

I did a test and saved shipping.php, and stripped out everything apart from the includes for application_top.php, column_left.php and column_right.php

Are all these needed for it to work, or have I missed a trick ? Or do I just need application_top.php ?

Hope you can clear this up. :blush:

Many thanks and Regards,

Paul

You need the following calls, in the following order:

application_top.php (a must)

header.php (for Javascript and error messages)

column_left.php (to get the infoboxes)

column_right.php (to get the $content)

footer.php (not needed if STS4.3)

application_bottom.php (important for many functions)

Otherwise it seems that you did the steps correctly.

- Rigadin

Hi All,

Recently installed STS 4.2 + HTC, then upgraded to STS 4.3 + HTC.

The Problem is : Only Default Title, Description, Keywords work right.

Changes for index, for allprods in Header Tags -> Text Control don't work.

Changes in Product Description don't work too.

Could you suggest me, which files should I check?

Thanks.

Dimi

Hi All,

Recently installed STS 4.2 + HTC, then upgraded to STS 4.3 + HTC.

The Problem is : Only Default Title, Description, Keywords work right.

Changes for index, for allprods in Header Tags -> Text Control don't work.

Changes in Product Description don't work too.

Could you suggest me, which files should I check?

Thanks.

Dimi

Dimi, I will be posting a new upgrade for STS4.3 with HTC2.6 today. I would suggest upgrading to that so that you have the latest version of both. It should fix your index problems.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am having problems with the infoboxes. I simply created a seperate .css file and used it with the infobox template. I cannot seem to control the width and feel of the box. It changed some of the background color. Here is the css file code:

body
{
background-color:transparent;
}

div.header
{
position:relative;
float:left;	
background-color:gray;
width:200px;
}

div.body
{
position:relative;
float:left;	
width:200px;
}			

a
{
color:black;
text-decoration:none;
}

a:hover
{
color:white;
text-decoration:underline;
}

Here is the HTML code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="info.css">
<div class="header">$headertext $right_arrow</div>
<div class="body"><p align="left">$content</div>

It will not read the width for some reason causes the boxes to stretch the width of the page.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Hello,

This is my second store but first using STS, can't believe I didn't find this earlier. GREAT CONTRIBUTION.

Problem: I just installed a fresh copy of OSC with the folowoing contibutions

-oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

-STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9

-STS v4.3 SP1

-osC MS2 060817 Module Patch for STSv4.2 & 4.3

easy adds, thanks to all of you......... Strting to look like I have a database problem, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't STS or header problems.

This error appears in my admin utility. When I started I wanted to use the latest version of OSC, so I dowloaded it and added the contributions. I then replaced the version that my hosting service supplies with my "latest release" version. Then I connected OSC to the database that was already there. I am begining to think that might be my problem. Can someone take a peek at my error and let me know if this is a STS hangup on my part, I'm not sure where to begin my debugging...Thanks

This appears in my admin utility in the Categories / Products but my stores appears to work fine:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

Edited by cheeseandrice