• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi all,

this is driving me BONKERS and I hope someone can help.

I just did a fresh install of OSC - latest edition - no other contribs installed,

did the installation of the newest STS and it will NOT enable.

I have STS in my module list, I can edit the info, but when I update it does not activate or save my changes???

I have been through the instructions and do not know what I am doing wrong,

I re-copied all the files several times just to make sure (the modified AND the new files) just dragged the catalog dir and overwrote the files.

Please can someone help? I need to have a fully customized store up for next week.

OK, after several hours of losing my hair I found this and it worked like a charm!

Looks like a bug in OSC

---------------------------------

Apparently it has something to do with $HTTP_POST_VARS. This predefined variable has been deprecated in PHP 4.1.0 (but is still supposed to work)

My solution:

- locate the file admin/modules.php

- search for $HTTP_POST_VARS in the file

- replace it by $_POST

That is working for me.

I still lack an exact explanation for this problem. Maybe the fact that $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'] is an array of an array???

Hi all,

this is driving me BONKERS and I hope someone can help.

I just did a fresh install of OSC - latest edition - no other contribs installed,

did the installation of the newest STS and it will NOT enable.

I have STS in my module list, I can edit the info, but when I update it does not activate or save my changes???

I have been through the instructions and do not know what I am doing wrong,

I re-copied all the files several times just to make sure (the modified AND the new files) just dragged the catalog dir and overwrote the files.

Please can someone help? I need to have a fully customized store up for next week.

060817 osCommerce patch for STSv4.2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

If you are experiencing problems getting the STS module to activate in the admin and you are using osCommerce update 060817, use this patch to get it working.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

However, when I click on a product (product_info.php), I get the following error-message:

Line 332 is the last line in this document, it contains:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I get the same error when clicking on "Catalog" in the admin-interface:

Line 1144 is the last line, and it contains the exact same require-statement as mentioned above.

Well, as it turns out, this error was not caused by a missing ';' or '}' or similar, but the fact that the php-setting short_open_tag was set to OFF, and the mentioned files contained the short versions ('<?') thus making the php-engine not parse that specific code. In a way you could say it caused a missing '}' logically though.

The short-tags was left behind by someone who installed some contributions before my time.. Curse them!

But now everything is working at least. :)

Installed v4.3, and ended up with a blank home page. What am i missing?

- Module active in modules

- New files uploaded

- Changed the files

Btw, the only module installed besides this one is SEO URLS 2.2

Any ideas?

Another question: How can i adapt a templete made for v2.xx into v4.3? I noticed that those versions replace lots of files and add some do includes.

PS: If you need more info feel free to request it.

Cheers and thank you,

Santo

Edited by CSantos

There is a new release of STS, v4.3!

- Infobox templates now integrated inside STS, but can be turned off from the default module. Only 1 template can be used for both header and footer. The default template is cached, no need to read it from disk for each infobox.

- Some cleaning inside general.php: some tags were existing twice under different names, one was buggy, 4 were not useful (only placing an image with a link, can be done directly on the template). These changes gives more flexibility to store using several languages.

- In the process, 2 files were deleted, so even lighter than before!

Full changelog, install instructions, update instructions and documentation are available in the download section.

Enjoy!

- Rigadin

To all who are interested, I have already started getting requests for STSv4.3 bundled with Header Tags Controller. :blink:

I have merged the latest version of STS with the Header Tags Controller contribution. Once I get the documentation updated I will post this bundled contribution on the STS contribution page. Should be posted by Saturday, November 4th, 2006. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

To all who are interested, I have already started getting requests for STSv4.3 bundled with Header Tags Controller. :blink:

I have merged the latest version of STS with the Header Tags Controller contribution. Once I get the documentation updated I will post this bundled contribution on the STS contribution page. Should be posted by Saturday, November 4th, 2006. :thumbsup:

A new contribution has been posted for STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9 bundled together. You can find it on the Simple Template System contribution page. :D

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have finally upgraded my STS v3 to the latest (v4.3). Now as i proceed to test the system i set STS to "true" in the "Default" menu (admin), now i get the problem that nothing appears on catalog index.

To be sure i have checked all files over again a few times and i cannot spot the problem. :blink:

//Maz

I upgraded this morning to 4.3 from 4.2. However, I am experiencing a few problems.

When i click on a category no content is displayed for that category. This is true in the default template that was provided in the contrib. and with my own templates. $content does not seem to be working properly. (this problem persisted from the 4.2).

when I go to /admin/modules/default in my admin section I do not have "use templates for infoboxes" available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have finally upgraded my STS v3 to the latest (v4.3). Now as i proceed to test the system i set STS to "true" in the "Default" menu (admin), now i get the problem that nothing appears on catalog index.

To be sure i have checked all files over again a few times and i cannot spot the problem. :blink:

I am also experiencing that problem. Checked and rechecked everything. Only thing installed besides this is SEO URLS contribution.

Cheers,

Santo

Hi All

Great contrib but I need some help

Ive installed on a osc shop with master products contrib

added all of the appropriate patches and packs edits

but still cannot get the images or my template to show

correctly, the images are just missing?????

Im using the modern blue template from contributions

as a test to see any difference, but no luck

Missing Images

I know its gotta be something right in front of me but

I cant see it, any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

I'm having issues. Everything was going fine and now all instead of the info boxes showing up I'm getting this:

$categorybox

$manufacturerbox

$whatsnewbox

$specialbox

$searchbox

$informationbox

This is what I'm seeing on the home page. What could have caused this. I traced back my steps, but I can't seem to find what caused my problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I?ve installed the latest version of STS and all seems to work fine.

I even tried to create a whole new template in /sts_templates called "demo", but the stylesheet-file doesn?t seem to work/show.

I have this in the new folder /sts_templates/demo

2 folders

# css (incl. the css-file)

# images (with all the images for the new design)

2 files

# index.php.html

# sts_template.html

Have i misunderstood something?

Is it possible to use .css files with STS?

Thanks for a good contrib.

I am who I am, unfortunately.

Hi all,

Just updated my STS 4.2 to 4.3, all works fine ;-)

Now i want to create and use a infobox template with a dropshadow,

how to do that? Never used custom infoboxes before...

Thanks for your help,

Eric :D

All info is in the read-me files (docs)

3.2 Add new boxes or template variables

3.2.1 Add new variables in sts_user_code.php

If you want to add any new boxes or template variables, add them in the

includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file. An example of syntax is provided.

Hey.. Just did a base install with oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 stock. After installing v4.3 I go to the admin section and try to turn on sts template. It won't change from use templates? from false to true. Actually none of the default options will change. Anybody have any suggestions?

I am also experiencing that problem. Checked and rechecked everything. Only thing installed besides this is SEO URLS contribution.

Cheers,

Santo

I also have the SEO URLS contribution installed, i wonder what may create a conflict, currently everything works when i set the template to false (i wonder why? ;)).

But id be glad to hear suggestions for solving the issue!

//Maz

All info is in the read-me files (docs)

Hi Guldstrand,

Yes i know how to add new boxes, but my question was i want to change all my existing infoboxes

to boxes with a dropshadow around them, how can i achieve that with STS 4.3?

Thank you for your help,

Eric :D

Okay.. didn't realize there was a problem with the new release of Oscommerce. It was a total oversight for the fix.
Did you find my patch file that is posted on the STS contribution site? This should have fixed your problem. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I?ve installed the latest version of STS and all seems to work fine.

I even tried to create a whole new template in /sts_templates called "demo", but the stylesheet-file doesn?t seem to work/show.

I have this in the new folder /sts_templates/demo

2 folders

# css (incl. the css-file)

# images (with all the images for the new design)

2 files

# index.php.html

# sts_template.html

Have i misunderstood something?

Is it possible to use .css files with STS?

Thanks for a good contrib.

Any help with this would be great.

A new contribution has been posted for STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9 bundled together. You can find it on the Simple Template System contribution page. :D
OK...Because of the upload file size limit, this contribution was never allowed to be posted.

I have since split up the code from the documentation and both are now available on the STS contribution page.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I just installed the "Embed Links with SID in Descriptions v1.1" onto the site. This is working as it is supposed to if the links are in the database as product descriptions.

Now - I need to know how to create a link with SID to a product in the content text on a page - as the above contrib isn't helping me with that.

For example - if you go http://mmherbs.dreamhosters.com and click on the "Women's Health" category you will see that there is a text blurb for this category. (I LOVE STS for this ability!!) - I would like the bolded product names to be links to their respective products. If the STS templates were in php I would be fine - but they are in HTML so I'm not sure how to create this correctly so it keeps the SID.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

~Tracy

I just installed the "Embed Links with SID in Descriptions v1.1" onto the site. This is working as it is supposed to if the links are in the database as product descriptions.

Now - I need to know how to create a link with SID to a product in the content text on a page - as the above contrib isn't helping me with that.

For example - if you go http://mmherbs.dreamhosters.com and click on the "Women's Health" category you will see that there is a text blurb for this category. (I LOVE STS for this ability!!) - I would like the bolded product names to be links to their respective products. If the STS templates were in php I would be fine - but they are in HTML so I'm not sure how to create this correctly so it keeps the SID.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Tracy, keep in mind that since version 4, STS allows you to insert PHP code directly in the template page with no issues. So...you should be able to use standard PHP links with SID in your template page linked directly to your specific product.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions