• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I'm working on a brand new installation and wanted to give this contribution a try.

I installed OSC, and then copied over the files from the contribution modifed the permissions, and then did the installation.

But in my admin panel, there's no module to activate. Have I missed a step?

Thanks,

Gin

Yes, it appears you did. Go over your installation once again. It could have just been a bad FTP upload or you actually skipped some of the neccessary files.

Hope I was able to help you out.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hey Guys, I've got STS installed and templated and everything, the index works fine, the static pages (shipping, TOS) pages work fine and the product info pages work, however I can't bring up content on manufacturer or category pages, even using the full and test templates, is there something I'm missing?
Kurt,

You may have not updated the includes/column_right.php. At the beginning of this file it should look like this:

// START STS 4.1
if ($sts->display_template_output) {
$sts->restart_capture ('content');
} else {
//END STS 4.1

Hope this helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have a fully moded store front with a boat load of customizations and contributions. I installed the STS4 but when I enable it, I get the following error message in the browser.

STS4 was designed to work with OSC version [osCommerce 2.2-MS2]. This is

version [osCommerce 2.2-MS2-CVS].

How can I upgrade my Oscommerce to the correct version and keep my mods installed and enable STS4? Do I need to start from scratch and just copy my data over?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. blush.gif

:( I know you don't want to hear this but you shouldn't be running a live store using a CVS version of osCommerce. The version you are using is unstable and untested.

:lol: What you do want to hear is a work-around to your problem...

You can always try and comment out the following code from your sts.php file:

function check_version ($osc_version) {
// Perform OSC version checking
if ($osc_version != $this->osc_version_required) {
die("STS4 was designed to work with OSC version [" . $this->osc_version_required . "]. This is version [" . $osc_version . " ]");
} 
}

:- I can't promise you that this will work or that you will not run into other problems since you are using a CVS version of osCommerce. Check the Knowledge Base regarding how to upgrade to a full stable version of osC. I suggest the 051113 release, not the latest 060817 since it is laced with a few bugs. :'(

Hope I was able to help you out.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kurt,

You may have not updated the includes/column_right.php. At the beginning of this file it should look like this:

// START STS 4.1
if ($sts->display_template_output) {
$sts->restart_capture ('content');
} else {
//END STS 4.1

Hope this helps you out,

No thats in there, with the closing curly brace at the end of the file. Any other ideas?

No thats in there, with the closing curly brace at the end of the file. Any other ideas?
If I understand you correctly, you are getting the content placeholder to work on certain pages but not others? Compare your files from your web site with the ones included in the osc_clean folder. This can be done easily with a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge. All of the STS4.2 changes to the stock osc files are commented for easy troubleshooting. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

If I understand you correctly, you are getting the content placeholder to work on certain pages but not others? Compare your files from your web site with the ones included in the osc_clean folder. This can be done easily with a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge. All of the STS4.2 changes to the stock osc files are commented for easy troubleshooting. :thumbsup:

Ok I think I've got a bit closer, I'm running Ultimate SEO and there seems to be a bit of a conflict between the two. When I disable STS, the file displays the categories and such normally using the default OSC template, however when I enable STS the content for any of the non static pages (except product info and index) display no content.

I think I've tracked it down to includes/footer.php and the footer patch, when i comment out the include sts_inc/footer line, the page reloads without the header, it basically starts outputing from the close of the left side navigation but it shows the category products and listings. When I leave the include sts_inc footer line the template loads as it should but does not display the category information.

//include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_footer.php'; - gives me a category product listing but the header and left site are gone and thus the template doesn't load

include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_footer.php'; - loads the template but the content area is empty. Any ideas?

Ok I think I've got a bit closer, I'm running Ultimate SEO and there seems to be a bit of a conflict between the two....

Or not, I've disabled Ultimate SEO and still nothing, index and prod.info work fine as does static content but no category or manuf content, still stuck.

Or not, I've disabled Ultimate SEO and still nothing, index and prod.info work fine as does static content but no category or manuf content, still stuck.
Just curious...did you ever do the file comparison? You may be missing some crucial files.

Also, how did you create the template that is causing you problems?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just curious...did you ever do the file comparison? You may be missing some crucial files.

Also, how did you create the template that is causing you problems?

I resolved a slight mix up between footer.php and application_bottom.php but that didn't seem to fix it.

I did do the file comparison using zsCompare and apart from other contributions (which are correctly installed) there are no differences, the template I'm using is just divs and a CSS file, which I switch templates I get the same result, no center content on category pages. When I debug the Content tag reference is just empty, its like it doesn't find anything.

I resolved a slight mix up between footer.php and application_bottom.php but that didn't seem to fix it.

I did do the file comparison using zsCompare and apart from other contributions (which are correctly installed) there are no differences, the template I'm using is just divs and a CSS file, which I switch templates I get the same result, no center content on category pages. When I debug the Content tag reference is just empty, its like it doesn't find anything.

I also noticed I don't have a /includes/modules/sts_inc/column_right.php file where does this come from?

I also noticed I don't have a /includes/modules/sts_inc/column_right.php file where does this come from?
Kurt, as I mentioned before....Check that you have all of the files from the STSv4.2 contribution uploaded onto your store. It appears you are missing some important files. Open the contribution and do a file by file (and folder by folder) comparison to be sure you have all of the code needed.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kurt, as I mentioned before....Check that you have all of the files from the STSv4.2 contribution uploaded onto your store. It appears you are missing some important files. Open the contribution and do a file by file (and folder by folder) comparison to be sure you have all of the code needed.

I did that, there are no missing files, however the documentation makes mention of the includes/modules/sts_inc/column_right.php file, there is a sts_column_left.php file, but there is no column_right file in the STS zip file I downloaded.

Edited by Scientifik

Hi,

I am new to oscommerce and have done a clean install with STS4.2 and HTC.

I am trying to address two issues that I would appreciate some help with if possible.

1. I can see that with the use of the $myaccountlogoff it determines if the user is logged on and then displays the appropriate text links. I have been unable to find where this is done to try and adapt the code, but I would like to be able to do the same thing with some graphics - that is

if logged on

show graphic with this link

else

show graphic with this link

endif

(you can see I am new to php)

2. I want to have a couple of different pages but the header and the footer for each of the page templates will be the same. Can I put the header and footer images in seperate html files and put - "include this file" at the top and bottom of the other html pages so if I change the header/footer images I only have to do it in one place. If I can - how????

Sorry for my newness.

Laurie

Edited by laurie_lewis

Hi everyone,

I am new to STS and I am looking for instruction or documentation on how to implement an existing HTML page into STS so I could use in OsCommerce.

The picture of the template looks like this. Is it possible to implement?

template13_web.jpg

Hello,

Another newbie to OS Commerce.

I have OS Commerce set up locally.

Did a nice clean install, added the STS v4.2 files.

STS v4.2 is not up and running.

In the admin panel I go to Modules > STS. I hit "Install" but then I see to nowhere enable the module named "Default".

When I look at the results, the layout has not changed.

By looking at /catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html

It looks like the catelog should have a green, not blue, background strip across the top. Mine is still blue.

I am including a screen grab (below) of what I see in the STS v4.2 admin module.

Header Tags Controller is all there - I have not done anything with it but it is all there.

1_OSC_Grab.gif

Hello,

Another newbie to OS Commerce.

I have OS Commerce set up locally.

Did a nice clean install, added the STS v4.2 files.

STS v4.2 is not up and running.

STS has not been completely installed. Check your installation once again.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS has not been completely installed. Check your installation once again.

Thank you for your response.

I re-installed all the files that are included in this download- "STS v4.2 with Header Tags Controller 2.5.9"

from this page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

I still have the same results.

What else should I look at?

Thank you for your response.

I re-installed all the files that are included in this download- "STS v4.2 with Header Tags Controller 2.5.9"

from this page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

I still have the same results.

What else should I look at?

Did you manually install them by inserting the code yourself or did you use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to transfer the code over for you? Either way, you are still missing some code since the modules are not showing up in your admin. I suggest using a comparison tool and compare your store files with the files that are located in the clean_osc folder of the contribution. Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

The documentation makes mention of the includes/modules/sts_inc/column_right.php file, there is a sts_column_left.php file, but there is no column_right file in the STS zip file I downloaded. Is this an error in the documentation or in the zip file?

Edited by Scientifik

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a custom drop-down menu in my template. Whenever I click on an item in that drop down list, it will go to the page just fine, but it deletes the contents of the shopping cart. I can add items to the cart just fine, but if I happen to go to any of the items in that drop down list, it will delete the cart.

Here is a link to my shop: http://www.kimandjason.com/shop/

The offending menu is labeled, "Lookie Here"

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a custom drop-down menu in my template. Whenever I click on an item in that drop down list, it will go to the page just fine, but it deletes the contents of the shopping cart. I can add items to the cart just fine, but if I happen to go to any of the items in that drop down list, it will delete the cart.

Here is a link to my shop: http://www.kimandjason.com/shop/

The offending menu is labeled, "Lookie Here"

I went to the above link and everything appeared just fine, even with the drop down. What did you mean by "deleted"? Did the drop down menu actually DELETE your source code or did you mean the content just did not appear?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I went to the above link and everything appeared just fine, even with the drop down. What did you mean by "deleted"? Did the drop down menu actually DELETE your source code or did you mean the content just did not appear?

Thanks for the quick response! Here's the problem:

1) If you go to the store (http://www.kimandjason.com/shop) and add any product to the shopping cart, that product will show up in the left hand column (in the shopping cart box).

2) You can continue to add products to the cart, and they will all show up in a list in the shopping cart box in the left hand column. (Obviously, this is normal.)

3) What is not normal, however, is once you have a product or two in the cart, AND THEN you choose one of the links from the "Lookie Here" drop down menu, the browser will take you to the corresponding page, but all of the products in the cart will be dropped. The shopping cart box will show "0 items."

So it's not deleting the source code, it's just emptying the shopping cart for some reason, and I'm not sure why.

Thank you for lending your expertise to this matter.

Jason

Thanks for the quick response! Here's the problem:

1) If you go to the store (http://www.kimandjason.com/shop) and add any product to the shopping cart, that product will show up in the left hand column (in the shopping cart box).

2) You can continue to add products to the cart, and they will all show up in a list in the shopping cart box in the left hand column. (Obviously, this is normal.)

3) What is not normal, however, is once you have a product or two in the cart, AND THEN you choose one of the links from the "Lookie Here" drop down menu, the browser will take you to the corresponding page, but all of the products in the cart will be dropped. The shopping cart box will show "0 items."

So it's not deleting the source code, it's just emptying the shopping cart for some reason, and I'm not sure why.

Thank you for lending your expertise to this matter.

Jason

Jason, You are dropping the session ID's with the links that you have created in the drop down box. Go to the osCommerce Knowledge Base and search for creating links with session IDs and repair your dropdown links so that they match this format.

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Jason, You are dropping the session ID's with the links that you have created in the drop down box. Go to the osCommerce Knowledge Base and search for creating links with session IDs and repair your dropdown links so that they match this format.

Bill Kellum

Bill,

I found this article in the Knowledgebase:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G..._and_Tricks/252

Assuming that I found the right document AND I want to change the text links in the dropdown box (becasue it's not a graphic), this is one of the example codes it gives:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT) . '">' . 'CHECKOUT' . '</a>'; ?>

So, for instance, one of the drop down links I've created is http://kimandjason.com/shop/kj_reviews.php

How do I repair that link to match the correct format? Would the new link look like this?

<?php echo '<a href="http://kimandjason.com/shop/kj_reviews.php">' . 'REVIEWS' . '</a>'; ?>

Thanks for your assistance.

Jason

Hello everyone,

My large catalog images are no longer loading correctly in the pop up window.

The new image window pops up, but the catalog index (it looks like the STS template page with the keywords $searchbox, $cartbox, etc...) page loads in the new window instead of the picture.

Has anyone else had this problem? I need to get this fixed ASAP.

I disabled STS within admin, and the images load properly within the popup windows. That's what leads me to think it's something to do with STS.

Our site is kidsalamode.com

Please help!