• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I am using STS 4.2 and I am working on the index page of my catalog.

The only place holders that I am useing are $myaccountlogoff | $cartcontents | $checkout at the top and $content, $tellafriendbox in the middle. I removed the text for the TEXT MAIN in the includes/english/index.php file. However, I have the welcome message, New Products and other junk displayed. The ?tell a friend box? is not showing. How do I remove all the other content in the $content place holder? Which file to I manipulate and what parameters do I change?

http://crikeyspies.sarno.biz/catalog/

Thanks.

spwd01

Ok I figured it out. It was not a sts issue. I had to comment out all the PHP code in the cataloge/index.php that I did not want to show. It is the code at the very bottom of the page starting from line 286 to line 318. Incidentally even though I commented out the new products line it still showed. I had to delete it all together. Is it me or is the oscommerce documentation severely limited. It should have much more info. aslo this should be stated in the STS documentation as well.

spwd01

I hope I?m not repeating a question (tryed searching through this thread). I just started using STS and till this point I have had no problems figuring it out (or reading the manual).

My problem:

I?m trying to figure out how to create a template for all Categories and one for all Product pages. I?m also trying to figure out how to get the content templates to work.

For products:

The manual says to use ?product_info.php.html?, however when I upload that template to ?/includes/sts_templates/test/? it changes nothing. I also tried creating the content folder in ?test? and uploading a content template for products ?content/product_info.php? and still nothing happened.

For categories:

Is it possible to create a template that will be used for all categories?

Edited by epicus

The manual says to use ?product_info.php.html?, however when I upload that template to ?/includes/sts_templates/test/? it changes nothing. I also tried creating the content folder in ?test? and uploading a content template for products ?content/product_info.php? and still nothing happened.

you wrote content/product_info.php

it may be a typo here but make sure you have an html after the php. It should look like this

?/includes/sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html"

I hope that helped. I am still trying to figure this out too so good luck.

spwd01

I am working on the sts content templates. The index.php.html template did not work so I moved onto the ?/includes/sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html"

It does change the layout however it does not display any of the content, all the fields are blank. Here is a link to the page:(Ignore the design I haven't worked on that yet)

http://crikeyspies.easycgi.com/catalog/pro.../products_id/28

Here is the source code of:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="63%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td valign="top">$startform$

<table style="width: 100%; text-align: left;" border="1"

cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="vertical-align: top;" class="main">$productname$</td>

<td style="vertical-align: top;">$regularprice$</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<div align="right">

$imagesmall$

<p align="left">$productdesc$</p>

</div>

<p>

<table border="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td>$optionnames$ </td>

<td>$optionchoices$ </td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

$addtocartbutton$<br>

<p>$endform$</p>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Any ideas of what I can do?

you wrote content/product_info.php

it may be a typo here but make sure you have an html after the php. It should look like this

?/includes/sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html"

Sorry, yes that was a typo.

You are ahead of me on the content pages. I currently have an ?index.php.html? working as well as a default template (mine is named test.html right now). I have also tested the manufacturer template (works fine), but I just cant figure out how to get the product page template and the content templates to work.

Sorry, yes that was a typo.

You are ahead of me on the content pages. I currently have an ?index.php.html? working as well as a default template (mine is named test.html right now). I have also tested the manufacturer template (works fine), but I just cant figure out how to get the product page template and the content templates to work.

Sean,

The only thing I can think of is that you need to have the products info in your admin modules installed and the module options need to look like this:

Product info templates and content templates (v1.0.6)

Use template for product info page

true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode

false

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Files for content template

sts_user_code.php;product_info.php;headertags.php

I think the file name needs to be entered in the "files for content template" section separated by a ";" So make sure you have products_info.php in that section. Your sts content file must be the name of the php file your are trying to redesign. In other words you are manipulating products_info.php with products_info.php.html

Tell me if this helps.

spwd01

Daniel

Posted this question before but did not get an answer. And now, When I think about it. I could have made myself at bot more clear. So I give it a go again =)

Just installed STS 4.2.

Can you have diffrent templates for the startpage (index.php.html) and (all) the category pages?

How should I name them?

Posted this question before but did not get an answer. And now, When I think about it. I could have made myself at bot more clear. So I give it a go again =)

Just installed STS 4.2.

Can you have diffrent templates for the startpage (index.php.html) and (all) the category pages?

How should I name them?

Yeah..do the following:

In the admin panel, you must enable the index module, as it takes care of finding the right template for the index page.

Create a template index.php.html (this will be used for all categories)

Create a template index.php_0.html (this will be for the main page only)

Hope this helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Sean,

The only thing I can think of is that you need to have the products info in your admin modules installed and the module options need to look like this:

true

false

I think the file name needs to be entered in the "files for content template" section separated by a ";" So make sure you have products_info.php in that section. Your sts content file must be the name of the php file your are trying to redesign. In other words you are manipulating products_info.php with products_info.php.html

Tell me if this helps.

spwd01

Daniel

My settings are as followed for Product Info:

true

false

Yeah..do the following:

In the admin panel, you must enable the index module, as it takes care of finding the right template for the index page.

Create a template index.php.html (this will be used for all categories)

Create a template index.php_0.html (this will be for the main page only)

Hope this helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Thanks man!

Now, I'm almost done. One thing left though

Can I have different templates for the categories that includes other categories and the categories that only includes products?

Hi there,

Got an issue I need some help with.

I would like to only show Manufacturers that have active products.

For instance I have many different Manufacturers where there is only one item in. And once this item is out of stock, I would also like NOT to show the manufacturer in the dropdown list.

Can anyone assist, would be very greatfull.

Hi there,

For instance I have many different Manufacturers where there is only one item in. And once this item is out of stock, I would also like NOT to show the manufacturer in the dropdown list.

Have a look in Admin, under the cat Modules. There you'll find " Define Mainpage"

Have a look in Admin, under the cat Modules. There you'll find " Define Mainpage"
Actually, you will only see "Define Main Page" if you have the "Define Main Page" contribution installed.

You can get it here.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,86

-Bill Kellum

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi there,

STS only controls the layout and allows you to design your site with Flash, HTML, etc. It pulls from how you have your shop configured from the admin section. You would need to install an additional contribution that manages manufacturers for this to work.

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

can someone please direct me to the file that contains the information referred to by the $content variable in index.php?

pretty please....

$content is taken from the php script you are running. For example, the $content for index.php is the piece of code you will find in index.php, between the call of column_left and the call of column_right. If you want to modify it, you would have to modify the script itself.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

$content is taken from the php script you are running. For example, the $content for index.php is the piece of code you will find in index.php, between the call of column_left and the call of column_right. If you want to modify it, you would have to modify the script itself.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

it does help...thank you very much...i have another question..lol....or problem rather....i had to reinstall my cart along with sts and now I am having an issue with the product info template....it is using the Product ID 26 content template...but I deleted it from the server and would like it to just use the product_info.php.html which is located in the test/content folder...I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to use the file I want it to....

thank you

hi everybody,

I'm looking for some help about how to integrate Mopics and STS.

I found several messages talking about this problem but I couldn't find a solution..

anyone has solved this puzzle? if yes, how?

thank you

Stefano

I am working on the sts content templates. ?/includes/sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html"

It does change the layout however it does not display any of the content, all the fields are blank. Here is a link to the page:(Ignore the design I haven't worked on that yet)

Here is the source code of:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="63%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td valign="top">$startform$

<table style="width: 100%; text-align: left;" border="1"

cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="vertical-align: top;" class="main">$productname$</td>

<td style="vertical-align: top;">$regularprice$</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<div align="right">

$imagesmall$

<p align="left">$productdesc$</p>

</div>

<p>

<table border="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td>$optionnames$ </td>

<td>$optionchoices$ </td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

$addtocartbutton$<br>

<p>$endform$</p>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Any ideas of what I can do?

Can anyone tell me why the place holders are not displaying the information? The default template will show the info but when I use the content template for the product info the information is blank.

Thank you for any help

Hi, I have installed STS v4.2 with HTC v2.5.9 on a store running on my PC. When ever I try and change anything in the STS module in admin such as set use STS to true it will not accept the changes and stays as false!

Any one have any pointers on what I have done wrong or forgot to do?

I installed by using Win Merge

Robr

Hey guys,

Im new to this, I installed 4.2 yesterday. It was a clean install because i have no other modules installed. In the admin panel configuration for the module, I try to edit the options on the default module, I click update but nothing happens. Because i cant activate the module the shop is exactly the same.

I'vere-installed it anumber of times and still nothing changes

- James

hi everyone,

first of all sts is a great item. keep up the good work! i locally installed the contribution and it works fine! after designing my shop i wanted to have it online just like i have it on my local system. so i followed the installation procedure, just like i did on my local sytem, and i uploaded template file.

everything seemed to be fine. the module in the admin panel is being displayed, BUT i cant switch the "default's" option "Use Templates?" to "true". I can edit the module, but after clicking on the "update" button there's noting happening. the standard settings are loaded again.

so i gave it another try. i uploaded my whole local "catalog" folder to the server including the "install" dir. i followed the installation procedure to connect my page with the database.

again, the sts module is being displayed in the admin panel, but i have the same trouble.

anyone of you having some experience with this problem?

I'm using sts v4.2

thanks, pavlovski

well that is 3 of us with exactly the same problem, I am going to reinstall both osC and STS tonight. If I get any where with it I will post the info

Rob

This is usually the case of a bad ftp upload/download where your module files have been corrupted or have not been uploaded in the correct folder.

The three of you are amoung the many who have made these errors.

I can do this for you if you prefer.

You can go to my site for more detailed help with your installation if needed.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Great contribution and really appreciate the effort!

STS 4.2 was installed on a clean osc release, but I have now installed the Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 contrib, and no content is showing in the sitemap.

I have been all over this forum and can't seem to find a fix - I am sure it is something so simple but it is now a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.

I just installed the sitemap mod as it was described - it seems to work apart from not being recognised by the STS $content variable.

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction!

Thanks!