• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

One file is supposed to be sts_default.php you are right.

For HTC, I would you 2.5.9.1 + error fix of 28 jul 2006. The version you use does not affect the integration into STS.

- Rigadin

One file is supposed to be sts_default.php you are right.

For HTC, I would you 2.5.9.1 + error fix of 28 jul 2006. The version you use does not affect the integration into STS.

- Rigadin

I have integrated both STS v4.2 and HTC 2.5.9 together into one seamless install if anyone is interested. :thumbsup:

I haven't posted it yet because I have not updated the documentation for the HTC.

I can make it available on my website until then if anyone would like to use it. I have used it on several test sites so far and the install consisted only of uploading files and running a sql script from within your browser. You do not have to manually change any code at all. :D

This works for new users to STS and HTC. I have made a few tests for users who have recently upgraded to STS v4.2 using this install method and did not have any problems. The reason for creating this combo package is because installing the Header Tags Controller on it's own could be quite taunting and most give up or go to a different ecommerce package all together. Not a good idea since I feel osCommerce along with STS v4.2 and the Header Tags Controller is the best solution out there.

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Brian, take a look at this:

osCommerce has .htaccess files already in place in the (admin directory, for example). These files are in fact Apache server configuration files so they can do more than control access. Because they start with a dot, they do not appear on normal unix directory listings, so they are easy to miss.

More information on what can be done in .htaccess (or the main Apache configuration files) is available online at www.apache.org

Explanation of .htaccess in osCommerce

The osCommerce .htaccess file in the catalog folder is as follows:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

<IfDefine SSL>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</IfDefine>

</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain servers)

# The <IfModule container should be used to house these listings otherwise, if the PHP installation fails so will the web server.

<IfModule mod_php4.c>

#php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

</IfModule>

NOTE: If the register_globals error does not go away after this section above is uncommented then uncomment the one line only like shown below for the error "register_globals is not enabled in php.ini ... Please enable it!" The "IfModule" directive for PHP doesn't work for all Apache servers (it depends on how PHP was installed). It is not needed if you know that your Apache installation will always include the PHP module.

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

#php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>

# Add for oscommerce safe engine urls set to true in admin - uncomment to use if you get a blank page while clicking on any product links.

# AcceptPathInfo On

This appears to be a PHP server issue between you and your host provider. Try the fix above and see if it works for you. STS v4.2 has been designed to work under "default" conditions for a standard osCommerce store.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

i don't think my problem had anything to do with register_globals, rather i think it was the gzip compression & / or serach engine safe urls being on that broke my isntall and gave blank pages below the header - it certainly seemto work fine after a restore, turning off those 2 items, and reinstalling....

thanks for the advice though...

with ten thousand dollars we'll all be millionaires

This works for new users to STS and HTC. I have made a few tests for users who have recently upgraded to STS v4.2 using this install method and did not have any problems. The reason for creating this combo package is because installing the Header Tags Controller on it's own could be quite taunting and most give up or go to a different ecommerce package all together. Not a good idea since I feel osCommerce along with STS v4.2 and the Header Tags Controller is the best solution out there.

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested,

Bill Kellum

Hi Bill,

Sounds like I needed your install pack many months ago!!!

I am going to put HTC on my newly updated version STS V4.2 - can this proposed install help me at all? Or is it for a clean osc.

Thanks

Becki

Hi everyone,

I have just installed STS ver4.1 and have hit a snag. I followed the instructions for installation but may have done some thing wrong or not done some thing. I have enabled all 3 of the STS modules included.

Can any one offer assistance please?

Delen

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/beetlew/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /usr/www/users/beetlew/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Hi Bill,

Sounds like I needed your install pack many months ago!!!

I am going to put HTC on my newly updated version STS V4.2 - can this proposed install help me at all? Or is it for a clean osc.

Thanks

Becki

Becki, a clean install is definitely the easiest way to go but I have included the manual instructions as well. I suggest that you use a free file comparison utility such as WinMerge to compare all of the files that I place in the upload folder with your existing ones and then make the appropriate changes.

I have not uploaded it to the contribution section as of yet but I will have it available on my website today.

soundsgoodpro.com/stsv4_2.htm

By the way, I have not had the time to research the sts_default.php file that you had mentioned. Where did you say that this file was missing from?

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi everyone,

I have just installed STS ver4.1 and have hit a snag. I followed the instructions for installation but may have done some thing wrong or not done some thing. I have enabled all 3 of the STS modules included.

Can any one offer assistance please?

Delen

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/beetlew/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /usr/www/users/beetlew/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Do you have Header Tags Controller installed? It appears you are missing "admin/includes/filenames.php".

By the way, have you considered upgrading to STSv4.2?

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have a question about if something can be done with STS. I am currently using STS 4.1, and would like to change something around on the index page.

Here's what it is:

I have a store at www.bbcs-inc.com/catalog. On this page (catalog/index.php), I want to add the Categories and their images that can be found at http://www.bbcs-inc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=0, so that the categories and their images show up underneath the text on the catalog/index.php page.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with STS?

Thanks

Donna

Hi - newbie here!

Have just applied a clean install of STS 4.2, but when I activate templates I just get a blank page returned for index.php (no source is present at all). When I turn templates off I get the normal page back.

Help!! what do I do?

Tony

Bill,

The sts_default.php file is not missing, just that it is not mentioned in your installtion instructions P.11/14 of them (Upgrading 4.0.7 - 4.2). But there are two instances of product_info.php, It's really trivial - i wouldn't worry about it - i was just trying to help in letting you know.

Thankyou for putting the installation files on your site, btw the SLIGHT mis-type above is in these instructions aswell :)

I presume i follow the instruction under 'Upgrade from STS PLUS v4.0.7 to STS v4.2 with HTC v2.5.9' but obviously I've done the sts bit already.

I don't have to worry about any thing before this section in your instructions (ignore copy files bit)?

Thank you once again :)

Becki

P.S - Do the HTC files you have included have the fixes in as rigadin suggested at top of this page?

Edited by Becki

Hi - newbie here!

Have just applied a clean install of STS 4.2, but when I activate templates I just get a blank page returned for index.php (no source is present at all). When I turn templates off I get the normal page back.

Help!! what do I do?

Tony

Tony, check to make sure Gzip is set to "false" in yours store's admin.

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill,

I don't have to worry about any thing before this section in your instructions (ignore copy files bit)?

Becki

P.S - Do the HTC files you have included have the fixes in as rigadin suggested at top of this page?

Becki, just scan through the instructions making sure you did not leave out any of the files that need to be copied over. The HTC version that I used was the 2.5.9 version since that one was found to be stable for me, but it would be VERY easy to make the updates to 2.5.9.1 if neccesary.

I will make the corrections in the installation text. Thanks for finding it.

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

-Bill Kellum

I just *knew* it would be something really silly!!!!

Many thanks Bill

Tony

Bill,

The sts_default.php file is not missing, just that it is not mentioned in your installtion instructions P.11/14 of them (Upgrading 4.0.7 - 4.2). But there are two instances of product_info.php, It's really trivial - i wouldn't worry about it - i was just trying to help in letting you know.

Thankyou for putting the installation files on your site, btw the SLIGHT mis-type above is in these instructions aswell :)

Becki

Becki, I checked the "catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/sts/sts_default.php" file and realized that the reason that it is not mentioned in the upgrade path from STS Plus 4.07 to STSv4.2 is that there are no changes in that file for the new STSv4.2. STSv4.2 uses the same sts_default.php file as STS Plus 4.07 did. I have included the file on the "clean_osc" install so if you needed an additional copy it is located there.

...now to find that double product_info.php file.

Thanks for your input...I do appreciate it. :thumbsup:

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have a question about if something can be done with STS. I am currently using STS 4.1, and would like to change something around on the index page.

Here's what it is:

I have a store at www.bbcs-inc.com/catalog. On this page (catalog/index.php), I want to add the Categories and their images that can be found at http://www.bbcs-inc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=0, so that the categories and their images show up underneath the text on the catalog/index.php page.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with STS?

Thanks

Donna

Donna, without putting a lot of thought into it at the moment, you should be able to do this using a content template in STSv4.2. You would have to install (enable) the index and product_info modules in the admin section of your store.

Hope this helps, Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello,

Absolutely great contribution! I have a strange problem I'm dealing with. I have upgraded from 2.1 to 4.2 and everything seems to have gone well. The only problem is with the Wishlist module.

I have included the following code into the sts_user_code.php in order to get the wishlist box to show up on my template:

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

$sts->stop_capture('wishlist', 'box');

When a new customer comes to the store, it breaks, and this is the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id = order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

This error is eliminated when I remove the snippet of code from sts_user_code.php. Of course, that leaves me without the Wishlist feature.

Now, on the weird side: if I log into my test account as a customer, and THEN re-add the snippet of code to sts_user_code.php, everything seems to work fine.

Anyone have an idea of where my problem lies?

Thanks!

-Bill Kellum

I just *knew* it would be something really silly!!!!

Many thanks Bill

Tony

You may be able to use gzip by setting

zlib.output_compression = On

either in your php.ini or via a .htaccess file.

Worked for me!

HTH,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

You may be able to use gzip by setting

zlib.output_compression = On

either in your php.ini or via a .htaccess file.

Worked for me!

HTH,

Iggy

It can also work if you lower your compression settings (lower than 6 I believe).

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello,

Absolutely great contribution! I have a strange problem I'm dealing with. I have upgraded from 2.1 to 4.2 and everything seems to have gone well. The only problem is with the Wishlist module.

I have included the following code into the sts_user_code.php in order to get the wishlist box to show up on my template:

$sts->start_capture();

When a new customer comes to the store, it breaks, and this is the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by products_name' at line 1

[TEP STOP]

This error is eliminated when I remove the snippet of code from sts_user_code.php. Of course, that leaves me without the Wishlist feature.

Now, on the weird side: if I log into my test account as a customer, and THEN re-add the snippet of code to sts_user_code.php, everything seems to work fine.

Anyone have an idea of where my problem lies?

Thanks!

Jason, What version of Wishlist are you using?

Do a file comparison of the following files against those that came in the "clean_osc" folder:

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/includes/filenames.php

catalog/includes/column_right.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

Unless your database has gotten screwed up, you should find your answer in one (or more) of the file comparisons above.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Jason, What version of Wishlist are you using?

Do a file comparison of the following files against those that came in the "clean_osc" folder:

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/includes/filenames.php

catalog/includes/column_right.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

Unless your database has gotten screwed up, you should find your answer in one (or more) of the file comparisons above.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill,

I am using Wishlist v.2.4b. My store is heavily modified.

I am somewhat of a newbie... do have any advice of what I should be looking for in the comparisons? Basically just making sure that the STS info is all correct?

Thanks,

Jason

Bill,

I am somewhat of a newbie... do have any advice of what I should be looking for in the comparisons? Basically just making sure that the STS info is all correct?

Thanks,

Jason

Also, FYI, today I only changed the files necessary for the STS contrib. so other than application_top.php and column_right.php, the other files weren't touched.

Jason

Bill,

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, open up your file side by side the file of the same name that came with the contribution. See if any of the Wishlist code in contradicting any of the STS code. You mentioned that you have a heavily modified store so there may be a conflict with a file that I didn't mention from another contribution.

When you installed STS 4.2, did you update your files manually or did you go the "clean_osc" method?

For any store that has more than one contribution installed, it is best practise to do the following:

1. Backup your entire store including the database (you can use these files to compare with when troubleshooting as we are doing now)

2. Use a file comparison tool to modify your existing stores files to only import what is listed in the manual install instructions. (This way you will not have any accidental spaces or comma or other strange pieces of code out of place)

The above is the "long way around" but it will help prevent screwing up your store.

Let me know if you get this going,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Jason, open up your file side by side the file of the same name that came with the contribution. See if any of the Wishlist code in contradicting any of the STS code. You mentioned that you have a heavily modified store so there may be a conflict with a file that I didn't mention from another contribution.

When you installed STS 4.2, did you update your files manually or did you go the "clean_osc" method?

For any store that has more than one contribution installed, it is best practise to do the following:

1. Backup your entire store including the database (you can use these files to compare with when troubleshooting as we are doing now)

2. Use a file comparison tool to modify your existing stores files to only import what is listed in the manual install instructions. (This way you will not have any accidental spaces or comma or other strange pieces of code out of place)

The above is the "long way around" but it will help prevent screwing up your store.

Let me know if you get this going,

Bill Kellum

Bill,

I have compared my old (working) files with my newly edited ones using a comparison tool. Since I am upgrading from STS 2.01 and my files are incorporating other contributions, it is pretty sticky for me to see what belongs and what should stay. I tried to remove all of the old STS code and then add the new code as mentioned in the manual.

That being said, I am reasonably certain all of the files are correct with the possible exception of column_left.php and application_top.php. Those feature the heaviest modifications and I'm just not good enough with the code to feel like I know exactly what's going on.

Just to clarify, the problems occur when I try to add the wishlist box info to sts_user_code.php. Here is that portion of the code:

Based on: Simple Template System (STS) - Copyright © 2004 Brian Gallagher - [email protected]

STS v4.1 by Rigadin ([email protected])

*/

/* The following code is a sample of how to add new boxes easily.

Use as many blocks as you need and just change the block names.

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'new_thing_box.php');

$sts->stop_capture('newthingbox', 'box'); // 'box' makes the system remove some html code before and after the box. Otherwise big mess!

Note: If $sts->stop_capture('newthingbox', 'box') is followed by $sts->start_capture, you can replace both by $sts->restart_capture('newthingbox', 'box')

Another way to declare STS variables is to enter them directly into the STS array:

$sts->template['MyText']='Hello World';

*/

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'promo.php');

$sts->stop_capture('promo', 'box');

$sts->start_capture();

$sts->start_capture();

echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";

echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

echo "</form>\n";

echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";

$sts->stop_capture('catmenu');

You'll notice that I also include code for a custom promo.php box I created. That seems to be working fine. It's the wishlist portion that is messing up. Have I entered this code correctly based on the instructions within the script itself? As I said before, the wishlist box works fine if I log into an account ant THEN add this snippet of code. However, if I am not logged in I get the stupid syntax error:

[TEP STOP]

I do have backups of all the files from before I tried to upgrade to STS 4.2, but I feel like I'm so close it would be a lot of work to try and revert all the way back... Help!

Thank you for your time!

Messed up in Madison (Jason)

Bill,

One other thing I noted that may be of significance...in the includes/sts_user_code.php (which was removed from the server due to the upgrade) had included this snippet of code for the wishlist:

// Wish List 2.3 Start

$sts_block_name = 'wishlist';

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

$template['wishlist'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['wishlist'], 'wishlist');

// Wish List 2.3 End

I assume that this is theoretically replaced by this bit of code in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php but I wasn't sure:

$sts->start_capture();

Jason

Hi,

I have a problem where the box decorations wont display. When I load the page, the source says its pointing to the right place (includes/sts_templates/modern_blue/images/infobox_01.gif) but it wont display. If I right-click on the file and select 'view', firefox tells me 'http://localhost/includes/sts_templates/modern_blue/images/infobox_01.gif"' which of course is correct. The correct path is http://localhost/oscom/catalog/includes/st.../infobox_01.gif.

This is a clean install of OSC, STS4.2 and infoboxes.

any help would be appreciated

thanks