• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi,

I'm looking to use Wolfen Featured Set on my index page. I have investigated making a file for the templates called 'featuredsets.php' in the same line as the 'headertags.php' file used, but I am running into difficulties and as I am no php buff I'm looking for an easy way around.

So the question is

Do I need to make a file for all the templates to refer to or can I transfer the code used in index.php (code required for the infobox) to index.php.html?

Lizz

PS I love the contribtion!

Leave the code in index.php, it will be displayed like ususal as part of the $content tag. If there is some infobox to display in a column, then some code must be added in sts_user_code.php (there is an example inside the file).

- Rigadin

Could anybody please help me with my templates not displaying HTC meta tags? I have HTC just partially working on index and product_info pages but not working on my other pages created based on about_us page. Any advices?

Thanks.

what is it that defines what $content contains? i want to display the 6 top selling products on the first index page, but i can't find what i need to edit to do so

also, does anybody know a nifty way to make a dropdown menu with the shopping cart contents?

I have lost my $banner its enabled in the admin but doesnt show in the template.

I have updated from 4.07 if that helps

any ideas?

Danny

check or Uncomment the below block of code in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

/* // START COMPATIBILITY WITH STS 2 AND 3: $banner
 $sts->start_capture();
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {
?>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center"><?php echo $sts->template['banner_only']; ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
$sts->stop_capture('banner');
// END COMPATIBILITY WITH STS 2 AND 3: $banner */

still doesnt work mate, what should be the code? $banner# or $banner_only#

Danny

Danny, Try two tests:

Does banner come up regardless of sts settings? Add this line to the catlog/index.php inside Table listing between <!-- body_text //--> and <!-- body_text_eof //--> statements

<tr><td align="center"><?php   echo tep_display_banner('dynamic', '468X50'); ?></td></tr>

if it comes up, it is sts setting.

Does banner come up if you change the code in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php to say

<td align="center"><?php echo $sts->template['banner']; ?></td>

$banner was used in previous versions of STS, it includes the banner inside an html table.

$banner_only exists since STS v4 and countains only the banner itself.

$banner is optional, you need to uncomment the code in sts_user_code.php in order to use it. You need it only if you have templates made with STS version prior v4.

If something does not show up like it should, you can use the debug mode of STS to see what is inside the various $ variables. See doc for more info about debug mode.

- Rigadin

ok still not working, commented the code on then off again in the sts_user_code.php and am using $banner_only# but not working, tried the above suggetions with the index file, still not working

In debug mode I get no output from the banner code

$sts->template['banner_only']

(here nothing)

Bit stumped, in the banner section in admin i just have the standard oscommerce banner installed.

Danny

$banner was used in previous versions of STS, it includes the banner inside an html table.

$banner_only exists since STS v4 and countains only the banner itself.

$banner is optional, you need to uncomment the code in sts_user_code.php in order to use it. You need it only if you have templates made with STS version prior v4.

If something does not show up like it should, you can use the debug mode of STS to see what is inside the various $ variables. See doc for more info about debug mode.

- Rigadin

I know for fact that HTC works with STS 4.1. I have heard of compatibilty problems of HTC with early STS plus versions. Be aware that I personally found HTC install to be one of the longest of the top contributions. Set aside a minimum of 5 hours to complete it.

I can see that you joined this community back in Feb '06. I appreciate your concern over potential difficulties. Please, note that you must expect some difficulties and plan to put in the time in installing contributions particularly as a base install is further modified.

Reinstalling, un-installing, wasting 20+ manhours on a feature that is not compatible, waiting days and weeks for support on this forum are all normal if you wish to manage an osComm store otherwise you will have to turn it over to someone else to manage at about 60 $/hr.

Hi,

Could you please give me some more info on installing the HTC with STS V4.1, I just want to make sure i know the process before going on another never ending road....

I have a quick question, Do I have to install the STS module for HTC here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,sts+v4

before istalling HTC or do i just follow the install instructions for HTC (i was going to install 2.5.9 like you said)?

Did anyone find there were problems installing that they would like to warn me about?

Many Thanks

Becki

P.S I have open featured sets installed but that shouldn't conflict should it. I read somewhere that it did?

Hi Alba,

I got the same problem. I emailed regadin some time ago but the messages in this forum seem to grow and getting a response is sometimes difficult and slow.

I tried to debug the code and use a flag to stop the redundant HTML from displaying (the ending part of the index.php page in the catalog folder):

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

[/b]//if STS has been activated dont display the closing body and html tags

//Without this condition there will be redundant body and html code

{

?>

</body>

</html>

<?php

}

?>

This code stopped the redundant code from displaying under the Windows System but under Linux,

I get a weird <TABLE> header snippet of code above the <html> (I don't know where it is coming from) which violates the well-formedness and XHMTL rules of the code.

I hope that someone will look into it as it will prevent the code from becoming in the future XHTML compliant.

Hansi

Ive got a weird issue ive just noticed thats started to happen

for some reason my pages are getting:

<!-- footer_eof //-->
</body>
</html>

added to the bottom of the page so its doubling the closing tags up and causing problems:

</body>
</html><!-- footer_eof //-->
</body>
</html>

i know the footer comment and the extra tags are coming from the original oscommerce files but i cant for the life of me figure out why???

anyone have any ideas?

You are right, there is a double </body></html> with STS v4.1: one from the template and one from the php script.

A fast patch for this:

At the beginning of includes/footer.php, the STS code should be:

// START STS 4.1 with footer patch
if ($sts->display_template_output) {
 //include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_footer.php';
} else {
//END STS 4.1

(One line commented out)

And add at the beginning of includes/application_bottom.php:

// START STS 4.1 with footer patch
if ($sts->display_template_output) {
 include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_footer.php';
}
//END STS 4.1

- Rigadin

ok still not working, commented the code on then off again in the sts_user_code.php and am using $banner_only# but not working, tried the above suggetions with the index file, still not working

In debug mode I get no output from the banner code

$sts->template['banner_only']

(here nothing)

Bit stumped, in the banner section in admin i just have the standard oscommerce banner installed.

Danny

I'm having the same problem here. Does it have to be the exact size of the original banner or can it be changed? Do we have to change the size in some file in order to display the banner?

drs101 & Flip,

1. Go in catalog/admin/tools/banner manager, assign a banner to group 468X50

2. Go to catalog/includes/modules/sts_user_code.php and comment out banner comapatibilty with STS2 and 3

/* // START COMPATIBILITY WITH STS 2 AND 3: $banner
 $sts->start_capture();
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {
?>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center"><?php echo $sts->template['banner_only']; ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
$sts->stop_capture('banner');
// END COMPATIBILITY WITH STS 2 AND 3: $banner */

3. Go to catalog/includes/modules/sts_footer.php and make sure this block is at the bottom:

// Get the banner if any
 $sts->start_capture();
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'A')) {
echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner);
 }
 $sts->stop_capture ('banner_only');
 require (DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sts_inc/sts_display_output.php'); // Print everything out
?>

4. Call up $banner_only at the end of your catalog/includes/sts_templates/sts_folder/sts_templates.html file

<div>$banner_only</div>

</body>

</html>

If this still does not work, reinstall STS4.1. Good luck

drs101 & Flip,

1. Go in catalog/admin/tools/banner manager, assign a banner to group 468X50

Woooohoooo!

Thanks a lot deano, that worked for me!

I'm sure my mistake was to have made another group, it must be hardcoded in some file I was unable to find. As soon as I reverted it, it showed in my catalog.

Thanks again!!!

;)

I don't know if this bug has cropped up already, but I just installed STS 4.1 on a fresh OSC install. When I tested the default template everything was cool.

I put in my own template with the $content tag where I needed it to be... Text shows up just fine, but all of my images in the shopping cart are broken. A quick look at the html source shows that it's trying find images in my root directory, not the directory for my catalog.

This seems like a simple fix. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help (and for the great contribution).

-jlr1001

does anyone know what the default size of the info boxes are? I want to create a photoshop template and make placeholders for these boxes so I can slice the image up and just drop the placehoder code in... does that make sence? ;)

does anyone know what the default size of the info boxes are? I want to create a photoshop template and make placeholders for these boxes so I can slice the image up and just drop the placehoder code in... does that make sence? ;)
Hey, I would be very interested in the photoshop template if your willing to share. I'll research the infobox size issue. Thanks, Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hey, I would be very interested in the photoshop template if your willing to share. I'll research the infobox size issue. Thanks, Bill Kellum
The default width is 125 pixels.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

The width of the side collums are located in a file named application_top.php located in the includes folder and looks like this:

// customization for the design layout
define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Hope this helps, Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I don't know if this bug has cropped up already, but I just installed STS 4.1 on a fresh OSC install. When I tested the default template everything was cool.

I put in my own template with the $content tag where I needed it to be... Text shows up just fine, but all of my images in the shopping cart are broken. A quick look at the html source shows that it's trying find images in my root directory, not the directory for my catalog.

This seems like a simple fix. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help (and for the great contribution).

-jlr1001

If the default template is working but not your own, problem is in your template. Path to images but be relative to your catalog folder, so path to images should look like "images/logo.gif" in your template and not "../../images/logo.gif".

- Rigadin