• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

OK, well, I tried to try STS with OsCommerce online. I used to Fantastico to install OsCommerce and then copied the STS 4.1 files over the fresh install. Unfortunately, I still get double headers. So, it seems I'm going to have to use BTS (really didn't want to) unless a simple fix for this problem appears in the next few hours. :(

FYI, the server is running Linux with Apache 1.3.36 and PHP 4.4.2 (is this because of PHP 4.4.2?).

Thanks to Bill and to the writer of this contribution, I'm sure it's great, unfortunately, I just can't spend any more time trying to figure out how to make the double headers disappear.

Edited by mariachi77

OK, well, I tried to try STS with OsCommerce online. I used to Fantastico to install OsCommerce and then copied the STS 4.1 files over the fresh install. Unfortunately, I still get double headers. So, it seems I'm going to have to use BTS (really didn't want to) unless a simple fix for this problem appears in the next few hours. :(

FYI, the server is running Linux with Apache 1.3.36 and PHP 4.4.2 (is this because of PHP 4.4.2?).

Thanks to Bill and to the writer of this contribution, I'm sure it's great, unfortunately, I just can't spend any more time trying to figure out how to make the double headers disappear.

Rigadin, can you assist in this matter? For some reason, he is still experiencing the double headers problem. The only difference that I can tell is that he has PHP 4.4.2 compared to PHP 4.4.3 that I use on my server. Also, register_globals may have something to do with it as well.

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

The latest install that I did online did not have the register_globals problem, so I didn't have to patch that install at all. It was a "virgin" install.

I have been searching for a product_info.php.html file in the 4.1 download which contained the STS4.doc file reffering to:

"An example of content template is provided with the contribution and is located here: includes/sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php_26.html"

I have been unable to find it.

When I create an html page with a few variables I get the following error followed by the $regularprice and other variables that represent the component location.

Warning: uksort(): The argument should be an array in /home/content/e/v/e/evelights/html/FDRVIDEO/catalog/includes/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php on line 134

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/e/v/e/evelights/html/FDRVIDEO/catalog/includes/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php on line 137

Can someone please send me a template file that I can use to arrange my produt information components? HELP!

Becki,

you should upgrade from STS V4.0.7 to STS 4.1 first. Then install newer versions now available of HTC than the one I installed. recommend you use v2.5.9 , either 14 Jun 2006 or 25 Apr 2006, see DEMO funcional en: http://www.oscommerce-demo.com/header_tags_controller/

Bill Kellum,

I am surprised to hear that you do not use HTC, I would be intetested to know how do you handle meta tags on your sites?

The latest install that I did online did not have the register_globals problem, so I didn't have to patch that install at all. It was a "virgin" install.

I have the same problem. I am brand new to OCS and had installed a OCS and STS 4.1 and while I was installing I added the infobox_templates_1_2. I didn't like the way it changed the default screen, so I deleted everything reinstalled everything again but infobox_templates_1_2. The result was the double headers. I am getting ready to erase the database and retry the install again. I will let you know if this makes a difference.

Shannon

Hi,

I use STS with HTC. All my pages display fine with all meta tags filled correctly except for my templates pages created with STS. They all use my store's default meta tags although I entered unique meta tags for every page. Why is this happenning? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I tried a fresh install and a different database. I still have the "double headers". The first time I installed this it worked. I am not sure what I am doing different. I will continue to experiment with it though.

Shannon

Becki,

you should upgrade from STS V4.0.7 to STS 4.1 first. Then install newer versions now available of HTC than the one I installed. recommend you use v2.5.9 , either 14 Jun 2006 or 25 Apr 2006, see DEMO funcional en: http://www.oscommerce-demo.com/header_tags_controller

/

Thanks for the reply,

Is upgrading really necessary? Will my existing templates etc still all work as normal, i really don't want to have to make updates etc if its not really needed, is the functionality of 4.1 the same but quicker/refined?

How easy is the update?!?! :)

Thanks

Becki

Irina,

do this test, and tell me what happens:

go to admin > Header Tags - English > set the following:

product_info

HTTA : checked

HTDA: checked

HTKA: checked

HTCA: unchecked

Title: blank

Description: blank

Keywords: blank

admin > catalog > choose a specific product and enter specific product Tile, Description, and Keywords

Now browse this product,

Does the title include what you specified ?

View source, how does description and meta tag compare with product specific dat you added?

I know for fact that HTC works with STS 4.1. I have heard of compatibilty problems of HTC with early STS plus versions. Be aware that I personally found HTC install to be one of the longest of the top contributions. Set aside a minimum of 5 hours to complete it.

I can see that you joined this community back in Feb '06. I appreciate your concern over potential difficulties. Please, note that you must expect some difficulties and plan to put in the time in installing contributions particularly as a base install is further modified.

Reinstalling, un-installing, wasting 20+ manhours on a feature that is not compatible, waiting days and weeks for support on this forum are all normal if you wish to manage an osComm store otherwise you will have to turn it over to someone else to manage at about 60 $/hr.

I have the same problem. I am brand new to OCS and had installed a OCS and STS 4.1 and while I was installing I added the infobox_templates_1_2. I didn't like the way it changed the default screen, so I deleted everything reinstalled everything again but infobox_templates_1_2. The result was the double headers. I am getting ready to erase the database and retry the install again. I will let you know if this makes a difference.

Shannon

you do not need to uninstall if infobox_templates gives problems. You only need to turn off infobox module in admin:

admin > STS modules > infobox:

Use template for infoboxes: false

Dean,

I tried to look in your includes/sts_templates/... etc, I got a 404 error. can you PM me if you prefer the structure of your sts_templates folder and I will review it with you...

Irina,

do this test, and tell me what happens:

go to admin > Header Tags - English > set the following:

product_info

HTTA : checked

HTDA: checked

HTKA: checked

HTCA: unchecked

Title: blank

Description: blank

Keywords: blank

admin > catalog > choose a specific product and enter specific product Tile, Description, and Keywords

Now browse this product,

Does the title include what you specified ?

View source, how does description and meta tag compare with product specific dat you added?

I did exactly as you said. Now when I look at my product_info source, here is what I see:

<title>Specified Product Title Tag :: Default Title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Specified Product Description Tag. Default Description Tag."/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="Specified Product Keywords Tag, Deafault Keywords Tag"/>

So, there is no problem with product_info meta tags, everything displayed exactly as it should. The problem is with my other pages created based on about_us page. They all use my store's default meta tags and not the ones specified in admin/header_tags_english.php. What can be the problem here? And about HTCA, I thought that if it is selected, it means that product's default category should display in the meta title. But mine if selected, not displayed. Am I understanding it correctly?

Thanks.

Edited by Irin

you do not need to uninstall if infobox_templates gives problems. You only need to turn off infobox module in admin:

admin > STS modules > infobox:

Use template for infoboxes: false

I had turned it off first but the default page was displaying incorrectly. Not like it had shown up when I first installed. Since I am new to this, I wanted to be as close to original as I learn to use OSC. I guess it changed the default display in some way. I appreciate the quick response and the helpfullness that is shown by your response.

Shannon

I finally got rid of my double headers. I used the forums search and found where they were concentrating on a paticular file, sts.php. I reinstalled this file from the original 4.1 install folder \clean_osc\catalog\includes\classes\ , this got rid of my double header. I hope this will help you as well.

Shannon

I guess I should rephrase my statement... I run HTC along with STSv4.1 in a "test" enviroment only. Before I completely support it though, I would like to have better documentation for HTC to be installed and configured for use with STSv4.1 (I am currently working on this but would gladly promote the work of someone else if they have already "invented the wheel".)

-Bill Kellum

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I finally got rid of my double headers. I used the forums search and found where they were concentrating on a paticular file, sts.php. I reinstalled this file from the original 4.1 install folder \clean_osc\catalog\includes\classes\ , this got rid of my double header. I hope this will help you as well.

Shannon

I have found this trick to work in a test enviroment. So...If you are still experiencing double headers, try Shannon's trick. I think this happens to those who have upgraded from an earlier version of STS or possibly got the sts.php file mixed up or corrupted during download/upload.

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I'm looking to use Wolfen Featured Set on my index page. I have investigated making a file for the templates called 'featuredsets.php' in the same line as the 'headertags.php' file used, but I am running into difficulties and as I am no php buff I'm looking for an easy way around.

So the question is

Do I need to make a file for all the templates to refer to or can I transfer the code used in index.php (code required for the infobox) to index.php.html?

Lizz

PS I love the contribtion!

I have been searching for a product_info.php.html file in the 4.1 download which contained the STS4.doc file reffering to:

"An example of content template is provided with the contribution and is located here: includes/sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php_26.html"

I have been unable to find it.

Can someone please send me a template file that I can use to arrange my produt information components? HELP!

It is located in the following folder: yourstorename/includes/sts_templates/full/content/product_info.php_26.html

You can easily add/remove variables at will to get what you desire.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It is located in the following folder: yourstorename/includes/sts_templates/full/content/product_info.php_26.html

You can easily add/remove variables at will to get what you desire.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Thanks for your help, :blush: I should have looked a little harder.

I know for fact that HTC works with STS 4.1. I have heard of compatibilty problems of HTC with early STS plus versions. Be aware that I personally found HTC install to be one of the longest of the top contributions. Set aside a minimum of 5 hours to complete it.

I can see that you joined this community back in Feb '06. I appreciate your concern over potential difficulties. Please, note that you must expect some difficulties and plan to put in the time in installing contributions particularly as a base install is further modified.

Reinstalling, un-installing, wasting 20+ manhours on a feature that is not compatible, waiting days and weeks for support on this forum are all normal if you wish to manage an osComm store otherwise you will have to turn it over to someone else to manage at about 60 $/hr.

Hi,

I suppose its nicve to know other people have trouble too!

I think i will updata to 4.1 and install 2.5.9 on your advice what i've read elsewhere. Do I have to install the STS module for HTC here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,sts+v4

before istalling HTC or do i just follow the install instructions for HTC?

Did anyone find there were problems installing that they would like to warn me about?

Many Thanks

Becki

P.S I have open featured sets installed but that shouldn't conflict should it. I read somewhere that it did?

Hi Guys,

I am having some problems with getting the Templates to actually work on my very very heavily modified OSC MS2.2.

I followed the installation instructions, i can see the admin side of things but no matter what settings i set Nothing displays in the Front end side of things.

I apply all changes to catalog directory and admin directory and have all permissions setup correctly, i am using alot of mods but i would suspect that the STS system would work but make my other custom mods not work correctly??? :'(

Any assistance in this will be much appreciated, :D

Richard

Hi All

i am using this great Contributon really heavy - and like it very much. This is by far the best and most helpfull contribution out there :-)

Of course - i have a little Problem :-)

What is the sequence of parsed files when i am using STS? I added a define() to my sts_user_code.php file to have Constants that are only defined if STS is active. these Constants would be used in osCommerce Files , not in STS Files. its a hack but the only way that keeps design from function.

The strange thing now is that on one Page it works, on others it doesnt. Is the sts_user_code.php not called at the same point in parsing the files?

The sequence of parsed files is as follow:

footer.php -> sts_footer.php -> sts_display_output.php -> sts_user_code.php

So it's quite near the end of the page. You can include your file earlier in code, for example in application_top.php, using this piece of code:

if ($sts->display_template_output) { include... }

- Rigadin