• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I want to place a small image in my index.php.html template using Dreamweaver. I've tried the Insert Image function on DW, and though it shows up on MY preview, it doesn't actually show up when I check it on the actual website. What do I need to do to make an image stick?

Thanks in advance.

I want to place a small image in my index.php.html template using Dreamweaver. I've tried the Insert Image function on DW, and though it shows up on MY preview, it doesn't actually show up when I check it on the actual website. What do I need to do to make an image stick?

Thanks in advance.

Never mind...I figured it out... :thumbsup:

I installed STS v4 and it seems to work in its default mode. Then I changed my stylesheet to center my pages and set a fixed width, but those changes do not show up with the template turned on. When I go back to the default osc design, the changes I made to the stylesheet are there...my page is centered.

How can I apply the stylesheet changes to the template?

I have a heavily modded cart. It is VN2's "Turbo Charged OSC". I installed STS 4 and it's showing up in the admin panel, so the installation seems to be fine. But when I enable it, I can't load my site at all. Here's what I've done:

I've enabled the default template with the following settings:

Use Templates?

True

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

(nothing in this box)

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

When I try to view my store I get the following browser error:

Safari can?t open the page ?http://216.69.130.253/store/?. The error was: ?bad server response? (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dean H.

[email protected]

The code that should appear in your header is as follows:

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>
<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

If it doesn't, then I'm not sure what to tell you other than check to be sure you got everything installed correctly...

:blink:

Should this code appear in the header.php file or the template file? Is there an applicationtop2header placeholder? I'm trying to get this to work as well...

Hello everybody,

I've installed STS v4.1 with HeaderTags_v2.5.9.1 in my clean osc shop. I already created my default template with no problems. Although, I have couple of questions.

1. How can I remove "New Products for June" box from my index page? There is no separate variable for the box, all I have is $content in my sts_template.html.

2. When I'm trying to add any additional contributions to my shop, I'm getting undefined titles on my pages. Like, for example, I just added such a simple contribution as "categories_enhanced_with_dropdown_fixed" which creates an additional drop-down menu in the categories box and adds a link to Newest Products. All that contribution required is making some changes in catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php and adding some new definitions in catalog/includes/languages/english.php:

define('BOX_INFORMATION_PRODUCTS_NEW', 'Newest Products');

define('BOX_DROPDOWN_MENUS', 'Goto...');

So, I did. Now, when I go to my shop everything shows up perfectly except for when I switch to another language. Then, I'm getting undefined titles instead of definitions in my categories box like, BOX_INFORMATION_PRODUCTS_NEW and BOX_DROPDOWN_MENUS, only in Top and Catalog levels, but if I go to any of subcategories or product_info pages, the titles are suddenly defined. I don't understand what's going on. I already checked everything a couple times although it's a very simple add-on, but I can't find what am I doing wrong.

3. Another problem I got is with HeaderTags. In my default sts_template.html I have

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

at the top and it seems that my meta tags are coming from the template, that is correct. But the problem is that it always adds default oscommerce meta tags to my pages with and without my own meta tags. For example: when I don't define my own meta tags in admin/header tags, in my page's source I have:
<title>Home Page - osCommerce : What's New Here?</title>

<meta name="Description" content="- Hardware Software DVD Movies "/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="- Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?"/>

Now, when I add my own meta tags:

<title>Home Page - My Company Name: My Company</title>

<meta name="Description" content="- osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies My Company description."/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="my, keywords, following, by, comas, - Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?"/>

Why are default meta tags tail along with my created tags?

4. And last but not least, the meta tags are just displayed in English language but if I switch to any other languages, there are no meta tags. Is there anyhow to display them in all languages?

I hope that somebody could help me with my problems and sorry if these questions have already been asked previously, I just couldn't find any solutions to my problems. I'll realy appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Irin

Hi,

Total newbie to osCommerce and STS; I have both installed and working. My question is about the 3 modules installed by STS and their settings.

I have a very simple store that will not be viewed by the public but by consultants only who are given access via a password protected directory.

All I need is my catalog to look like my home pages.

Now for the question(s):

Do I have to install the Index and Product info modules through the admin?

I have already installed the Default module and edited the parameters so that it does show up now when I view my catalog I see the Default module changes to my pages. This is more than fine if I can edit a simple template and all my pages look the same I don't need my product pages and index pages to be any different than one another.

Second Question:

I see two folders Full and Test where is the module pulling from as I'd like to just grab that file and edit it, ya I'm trying to do things as basic as possible. I have read the docs and forum post and am wanting to clarify and get advice by this post as I am such a newbie here.

Thanks in advance - Chad

I would like to hear if and how it is possible to remove linebreaks after boxes. I think I saw a post about it once but I have looked and looked and can't find.

thx in advance d1

First of all I hope I am posting in the right area. Forgive me if I am not.

This is probably a pretty simple question so I hope that someone knows that answer.

How do I change the spelling of Catalog to Catalogue in the STS V4 Category Drop down list box???

I have looked in nealy every file and just can't find where to change it?

It cannot be changed in languages/english.php either.

All help appreciated

Regards

Funkym :huh:

Hello everybody,

I've installed STS v4.1 with HeaderTags_v2.5.9.1 in my clean osc shop. I already created my default template with no problems. Although, I have couple of questions.

1. How can I remove "New Products for June" box from my index page? There is no separate variable for the box, all I have is $content in my sts_template.html.

2. When I'm trying to add any additional contributions to my shop, I'm getting undefined titles on my pages. Like, for example, I just added such a simple contribution as "categories_enhanced_with_dropdown_fixed" which creates an additional drop-down menu in the categories box and adds a link to Newest Products. All that contribution required is making some changes in catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php and adding some new definitions in catalog/includes/languages/english.php:

So, I did. Now, when I go to my shop everything shows up perfectly except for when I switch to another language. Then, I'm getting undefined titles instead of definitions in my categories box like, BOX_INFORMATION_PRODUCTS_NEW and BOX_DROPDOWN_MENUS, only in Top and Catalog levels, but if I go to any of subcategories or product_info pages, the titles are suddenly defined. I don't understand what's going on. I already checked everything a couple times although it's a very simple add-on, but I can't find what am I doing wrong.

3. Another problem I got is with HeaderTags. In my default sts_template.html I have

at the top and it seems that my meta tags are coming from the template, that is correct. But the problem is that it always adds default oscommerce meta tags to my pages with and without my own meta tags. For example: when I don't define my own meta tags in admin/header tags, in my page's source I have:

Now, when I add my own meta tags:

Why are default meta tags tail along with my created tags?

4. And last but not least, the meta tags are just displayed in English language but if I switch to any other languages, there are no meta tags. Is there anyhow to display them in all languages?

I hope that somebody could help me with my problems and sorry if these questions have already been asked previously, I just couldn't find any solutions to my problems. I'll realy appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

I also alos not that great at STS V4 but I found that I couldn't get any meta-tags modules to work with it. The reason for this is that STS strips out any and all heder information before reconstructing the page with its own header content. So nothing that you add into the header of any pages will be displayed.

After alot of work and pain I finally worked out a way to get custom header titles for each page.

Now before you try this please note I am an amature at this to even though this worked it may not be the best option and someone else with more experience may be able to help you further.

1. Open catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\general.php

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find:

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

Delete this whole line and replace it with:

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE . " (" . ADDITONAL_TITLE_INFORMATION . ")</title>";

Next open catalog\includes\languages\english\product_info.php and add this below the copyright info:

$product_title_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_title = tep_db_fetch_array($product_title_query);

define('ADDITONAL_TITLE_INFORMATION', $product_title['products_name']);

Next open catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php and add this below the copyright info:

$category_title_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_title = tep_db_fetch_array($category_title_query);

define('ADDITONAL_TITLE_INFORMATION', $category_title['categories_name']);

And thats it save and upload your files and your done. What this does is tacks the additional category name of product name in brackets after your default TITLE which is set in languages\english.php.

If anyone know a better way to acheive this then please let me know. I would also like to be able to add a dynamic description tag that draws from the product description but was having problems so if anyone can find a way to do this please let me know.

Regards

Paul

PS If this makes your OSC play up don't blame me!!!! :thumbsup:

Hi,

I try to update from STSV3 to STS V4.1

But I am running into a problem and I am to blind to see:

Perhaps you help me.

[22-Jun-2006 14:25:19] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in C:\apache\htdocs\shop\includes\column_left.php on line 78

Here is the according file:

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.1 2003/09/08 19:26:22 jhtalk Exp jhtalk $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// START STS 4.1

if ($sts->display_template_output) {

$sts->stop_capture();

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sts_inc/sts_column_left.php');

} else {

// END STS 4.1

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'order_history.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');

}

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'info_pages.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

?>

best regards

Niels

Hey folks, how goes it? I believe I posted incorrectly the first time and I apologize for that.

I am trying to get a template coded at:

http://www.advancedmotorsports.net/ams

I am using the STS plugin which seems very promising but I am having a problem with getting $content to stay sized in the white area. I think once I can style this area it will be golden.

I cannot find the styling in the css or any file for that matter for the $content variable so therefore I am having a hard time resizing it to the white area designated for all of the content.

If anyone knows how to fix it I would whole heartedly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you all soon smile.gif smile.gif

I also alos not that great at STS V4 but I found that I couldn't get any meta-tags modules to work with it. The reason for this is that STS strips out any and all heder information before reconstructing the page with its own header content. So nothing that you add into the header of any pages will be displayed.

After alot of work and pain I finally worked out a way to get custom header titles for each page.

Now before you try this please note I am an amature at this to even though this worked it may not be the best option and someone else with more experience may be able to help you further.

1. Open catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\general.php

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find:

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

Delete this whole line and replace it with:

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE . " (" . ADDITONAL_TITLE_INFORMATION . ")</title>";

Next open catalog\includes\languages\english\product_info.php and add this below the copyright info:

$product_title_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_title = tep_db_fetch_array($product_title_query);

define('ADDITONAL_TITLE_INFORMATION', $product_title['products_name']);

Next open catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php and add this below the copyright info:

$category_title_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_title = tep_db_fetch_array($category_title_query);

define('ADDITONAL_TITLE_INFORMATION', $category_title['categories_name']);

And thats it save and upload your files and your done. What this does is tacks the additional category name of product name in brackets after your default TITLE which is set in languages\english.php.

If anyone know a better way to acheive this then please let me know. I would also like to be able to add a dynamic description tag that draws from the product description but was having problems so if anyone can find a way to do this please let me know.

Regards

Paul

PS If this makes your OSC play up don't blame me!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply, Paul. I almost got my HTC working. However, there are still some problems.

If I create a new page and enter special meta tags for that page through admin/Header Tags Page Control, the meta tags still remain default if I look at the page from the catalog side, even though they are saved correctly in admin/Header Tags Text Control. I tried to enter my special meta tags to english/header_tags.php and any other languages manually, but they don't change and still are default doesn't matter what I'm trying to do.

And for my index page, the title is displayed with the dash ( - ) in front of it, like: <title> - Company: The Solution Expert</title>. How can I remove that dash? I don't see it anywhere, not in my english/header_tags.php neither in admin/Header Tags Text Control. I don't know where can I find it to remove it?

Is anybody using STS with "Products Tabs" contribution. How can I implement tabs into my product_info template?

Thanks a lot for help.

Hi,

I have a problem with running simple template system and the custom computer creator contribution together.

In the manual ist written, that you can easily create new variables, but for me it's really hard, because I don't know where to begin.

Perhaps someone can give me a hint wich variables I need to add and how.

At the moment I set a link to the the part, where you can choose the type of system you want, but the next button is not clickable.

Thanks a lot and maybe there is someone who has got both runing and can help me.

Bye

Matthias

I installed STS v4 and it seems to work in its default mode. Then I changed my stylesheet to center my pages and set a fixed width, but those changes do not show up with the template turned on. When I go back to the default osc design, the changes I made to the stylesheet are there...my page is centered.

How can I apply the stylesheet changes to the template?

Here's what I did (this is based on the Fixed Width Site with CSS by Rhea Anthony):

In your stylesheet.css file, replace

BODY {
 background:#ffffff;
 color: #000000;
 margin: 0px;
}

with

BODY {
 text-align: center;
 background: #ffffff;
 margin: 0px;
}

.fixcenter {
 width: 758px;
 border: solid; border-width: 1px;
 background: #ffffff;
 margin: auto;
 margin-top: 20px;
 text-align: left;
}

Then, 1) on your sts_template.html file, insert the following code

<div class="fixcenter">

in line 3, immediately after the code

<head>

and 2) in the same sts_template.html file, towards the end, insert the following code

</div>

immediately after the code

<p>?</p>

You'll have to do the same with any other templates you make. (The simplest way to do this is to create copies of sts_template.html to use as, for example, index.php.html.)

That should do it. If not, let me know.

Play around with the background and color options in the stylesheet to get the look you want.

hello everybody,

I'm totally new to osc and sts. Unfortunately sts doesn't work correctly. I installed everything (osc & sts) from scratch and when activating sts with the default template (test) the shop has two top banners or two headers or how you want to call that.

Since I did everything according to the docs I'm kinda pissed off now (soory, I'm really tired and need to get this done).

thanks,

phrench

Any fix for having the "GZip Compression" enabled and STS 4.1 Blank pages problem? (besides turning them OFF)

I know this reply is coming a bit late for this question but It might help others

I had the same problem, I fixed it by going into the php.ini for my webspace and changed the option

zlib.output_compression = Off

to

zlib.output_compression = On

You may not have access to this area of your webspace unless you have either a Dedicated server or a Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS) in which case you will probably have to ask your host to turn it on for you.

hello everybody,

I'm totally new to osc and sts. Unfortunately sts doesn't work correctly. I installed everything (osc & sts) from scratch and when activating sts with the default template (test) the shop has two top banners or two headers or how you want to call that.

Since I did everything according to the docs I'm kinda pissed off now (soory, I'm really tired and need to get this done).

thanks,

phrench

Instead of getting so upset you should spend some time in this forum. The answer to your problem has been well documented...try about 5 or six pages back.

Anyway, you have installed STS v4.1 incorrectly.

To install it correctly, You will only need to download and install this and then this. :thumbsup:

The STS v4.1 by rigadin as well as the Index module v1.0.3 for STS4.

The two files between these two contributions have been known to cause problems such as double headers and php errors. ;)

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi all,

I have installed STS4 and when I set 'Use templates' to 'TRUE' and the site doesn't load up at all.

The error message I get is:

STS4 was designed to work with OSC version [osCommerce 2.2-MS2]. This is version [PROJECT_VERSION].

And my osCommerce version is 2.2-MS2.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Please ignore this post (AGAIN!!!) Sorry :)

The define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'); tag was commented.

Cheers

Hi all,

I have installed STS4 and when I set 'Use templates' to 'TRUE' the site doesn't load at all.

The error message I get is:

STS4 was designed to work with OSC version [osCommerce 2.2-MS2]. This is version [PROJECT_VERSION].

And my osCommerce version is 2.2-MS2.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

OK, this is bizarre...

I installed STS 4 and everything appears to be fine with the installation. But when I attempted to access the store index after enabling the templates, I was getting a blank page on every browser.

Someone suggested it might be a permissions problem, so I chmoded the templates, sts, and sts_inc folders to 777. Now I can pull up my page in IE on my Mac, but not in Safari or Firefox. I still get the blank page:

http://216.69.130.253/store/

Any ideas?

OK, I got the module working. Turns out it was gzip compression that was screwing everything up. Now I need to get my templates working properly.

All of the pages in my site follow the same basic layout done in php. The php file has a header, a side nav bar, a content area, and a footer. I want all my store pages to follow the same layout. So I created a "main.php" file and dropped it into the templates folder. I then selected it as my default template. Here's the template's code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<title>UTILIKILTS : </title>
<style type="text/css" media="handheld, aural, braille, tv, print"><!--@import url("http://216.69.130.253/global/css/mobile.css");--></style>
<style type="text/css" media="Screen, projector"><!--@import url("http://216.69.130.253/global/css/global.css");--></style>
</head>

<body>

<!--Begin Outer Red Box-->
<div id="redBox">
<!--Begin Inner Container-->
<div id="container">

<!--Begin Header-->
<? include ("http://216.69.130.253/global/boxes/header.txt"); ?>
<!--End Header-->

<!--Begin Side Navigation Bar-->
$catmenu
<!--End Side Navigation Bar-->

<!--Beginning of Content Area--> 
<div id="content">
$content
</div>
<!--End of Content Area-->

<!--Begin Footer-->
<? include ("http://216.69.130.253/global/boxes/footer.txt"); ?>
<!--End Footer-->

</div>
<!--End Inner Container-->
</div>
<!--End Outer Red Box-->

</body>
</html>

But here's what it looks like in the browser:

http://216.69.130.253/store/

I'm assuming that this means I cannot use a php file with my own includes tags as a template, I have to use straight static html. Is that the case?

I'm assuming that this means I cannot use a php file with my own includes tags as a template, I have to use straight static html. Is that the case?
No, it is not. You can include php within your template with STS v4.1.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE