• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

A lot of us are having problems with double headers at the top of each page as well as others having issues with blank pages after the initial installation of STS v4.1.

In both cases above, it appears to be isolated to those who are upgrading to v4.1 rather than from installing new.

I think it would be helpful if those who have upgraded to v4.1, and have successfully found solutions to the problems above, would share thier experiences for the benefit of all.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide on this matter,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

To quote myself,

I installed STS 4.1 a couple days ago. I got the index.php.html page updated so I basically just copied it for the product_info.php.html page. The second page however doesn't show any images even though when I look at the code, it appears to be correct.

In case anyone has the same problem I thought I'd answer myself...The images didn't appear because I had the use search engine safe URLs option set to "true" which doesn't work with STS apparently. Honestly, I don't know how one URL is more search engine compatable than another but I like my site's design better with STS so I'll live. Why though doesn't the search engine safe URLs option work with STS?

Also, I guess I am not understanding how to create templates for all of the "extra" pages in osC. By that I mean the cart, user account pages, check out and every page other than products and index.php. I'm missing that part because I see a lot pages with code but they don't seem like something I should be editing :huh: If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

I really didn't understand that I had to create a template for every page on the site...maybe using the sts_default template would have been a better route (?) but I'm extremely pleased STS now. osC payment issues leave me wanting something else, I have to admit, but I guess that I'm left still with the option of processing credit cards myself. Anyone know of a good, inexpensive merchant bank?

With the double headers issue, I actually overcame this fairly early in the game. It seemed pointless to move forward with two headers. Unfortunately, all I can tell you is I commented out one or two lines of code. I just tried for about 30 minutes to find it again, or recreate the problem and I can't. The only line I can find commented out is the following, and I don't think this is the fix. This is from includes/functions/sts.php:

//	$this->template['template_html'] = str_replace('<!--$headcontent-->', $this->template['headcontent'], $this->template['template_html']);

The only blank page issues I've had in this whole thing are single quotes I forgot to escape when entering info.

Good luck,

Diana

Edited by westvillagedesign

I've just installed STS and am quite excited that I can have a lot more frredom with the design.

Does anybody know of really good websites that have been designed using STS so i can get an idea of the type of freedom you have.

Not looking to copy ata all, just looking for a bit of inspiration really.

I've just installed STS and am quite excited that I can have a lot more frredom with the design.

Does anybody know of really good websites that have been designed using STS so i can get an idea of the type of freedom you have.

Not looking to copy ata all, just looking for a bit of inspiration really.

My latest store that I created using STS is at Hat Over Heels.com. Click on "Hatalog" to enter the catalog section of the store.

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

My latest store that I created using STS is at Hat Over Heels.com. Click on "Hatalog" to enter the catalog section of the store.

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Thanks Bill, great site, i actually found this already, tell me how did you get the product image to be so large and did you use a contrubution to enhance the popup window.

cheers

ps anybody got any other sites i can take a look at.

A lot of us are having problems with double headers at the top of each page as well as others having issues with blank pages after the initial installation of STS v4.1.

In both cases above, it appears to be isolated to those who are upgrading to v4.1 rather than from installing new.

I'm getting the double headers on a clean installation (v. 4.1 with the two corrections dated 4/14/06). It's wierd since I didn't upload things quite in order (I didn't install the first patch until the end), but the double headers didn't appear until the very end. At first I had that green bar, and then I had a standard bar above it.

This is the first mod that I am loading into a new, clean install of OSC. Any suggestions of which file I should be looking at to clean up the error would be appreciated.

:wacko: Ah fun!

Annie

It's not a learning curve, it's a cliff!

For those who experience double header or blank content, I would recommend to first install and test v4.1 from April 12.

There are some modifications in the 2 next releases that affects the STS behavior and in some cases could lead to double header. Note also that these releases are for PHP >=4.3.0

More specific?

1) The use of ob_get_clean() instead of

$block = ob_get_contents(); // Get content of buffer

ob_end_clean(); // Clear out the capture buffer

is ok for PHP>=4.3.0 only.

2) Removing ob_end_clean() from function start_capture will leave some stuffs in the buffer, and I guess that it gives the problem of double header. The best is, in this function, to use ob_clean() before ob_start(), it cleans the buffer without destroying it, so should be a bit faster.

3) The changes made in default module and sts class to be able to select the template folder from URL (sts_template=1) is not needed as you can already produce same behaviour with v4.1 (sts_template=YourTemplateFolder). Using the template folder instead of a number will also avoid your customers to scan your other template folders by entering 1, 2, 3 in the URL. However, the idea to save the template folder in a session variable is good as you can navigate through the store without all the time typing something in the URL.

- Rigadin

Hi Everyone

I am using STS v4.1 with all updates

The question i have is how can i add a $** event to an image. I have made my own template with images and all.

For Example:

I have an image for "My Cart" .. How do i enter $urlcartcontents (or whatever it is for my cart) so that when someone clicks on the image "My Cart" it will take you to the contents of your cart.

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone

I am using STS v4.1 with all updates

The question i have is how can i add a $** event to an image. I have made my own template with images and all.

For Example:

I have an image for "My Cart" .. How do i enter $urlcartcontents (or whatever it is for my cart) so that when someone clicks on the image "My Cart" it will take you to the contents of your cart.

Thanks in advance

Use the $cartlogo variable. If you are using a "custom" image for "My Cart", be sure to save it as images/header_cart.gif so that the $cartlogo will pull up the correct image. Another option would be to create your custom image and link it to your shopping_cart.php file.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Frisser, you did not add the following:

Open catalog/includes/header.php

add this code at the beginning:

[font=monospace]  // START [/font][font=monospace]STS 4.1[/font][font=monospace]
 $sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header');
 // END [/font][font=monospace]STS 4.1[/font]

and be sure to remove the old sts 4.07 start capture code at the bottom of the same page.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Hi Bill,

I've copied your code above exactly into the header.php in an attempt to remove the double header on a new install of STS 4.1 (below the existing:

// START STS 4.1

//$sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header'); // Capture header from the actual script, needed to take out javascript

// END STS 4.1

which I've commented out)

but am getting:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[' in /homepages/31/d108666428/htdocs/lizzied/catalog/includes/header.php on line 15

Have I misread this?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Bill,

I've copied your code above exactly into the header.php in an attempt to remove the double header on a new install of STS 4.1 (below the existing:

// START STS 4.1

//$sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header'); // Capture header from the actual script, needed to take out javascript

// END STS 4.1

which I've commented out)

but am getting:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[' in /homepages/31/d108666428/htdocs/lizzied/catalog/includes/header.php on line 15

Have I misread this?

Thanks

Mike

Mike, the problems you are experiencing is the way you copied the code. This forum removes all the "white space" from the code and justifies everything to the left. This will cause the parse errors you are having.

But back to your original problem with the double headers. I suggest that you remove the update patches that you may have installed from April 14th since you do not need them for a new installation verses an update from an earlier version of STS. For a new installation of STS 4.1, all you needed was to copy the clean_osc/catalog folders and files over to your existing store files. The header.php file metioned above is included in the clean_osc/catalog folder as well. Use that file to get rid of your parse errors.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Mike, the problems you are experiencing is the way you copied the code. This forum removes all the "white space" from the code and justifies everything to the left. This will cause the parse errors you are having.

But back to your original problem with the double headers. I suggest that you remove the update patches that you may have installed from April 14th since you do not need them for a new installation verses an update from an earlier version of STS. For a new installation of STS 4.1, all you needed was to copy the clean_osc/catalog folders and files over to your existing store files. The header.php file metioned above is included in the clean_osc/catalog folder as well. Use that file to get rid of your parse errors.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Brilliant - thanks a lot!

hello,

i have installed STS 4.1

the new sts looks great.

now i have installed "FAST and EASY Checkout"

by this contribution i got a new file called

global.js

everything works fine if i disable STS in the ADMIN.

if i use STS, i got allways errors in the checkout files.

in the old STS 3beta2 have put the code in this file

sts_osc_javascript.js and all is working.

in which file i should fill in the data in STS4.1 ?

thanks for helping.

bg

Michael

hello ...

The contrib sounds great , but can't get it to work ok.

didn't had any previous versions installed. (just a few other contribs)

below the normal page i get :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_category_tree() (previously declared in /home/sites/fortuin.nl/www/carshop/shop/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php:33) in /home/sites/fortuin.nl/www/carshop/shop/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 33

if i replace sts_user_code.php with :

function testfunction() {;}

i also get the error (only with new functionname ofcourse).

if i replace it with :

echo "file loaded";

i can see sts_user_code.php gets loaded only once. (it's printed one time).

i'm kind of stuck here , file is only called once , but it complains about a function being redeclared witch does't excist.

So any help is welcome

hello ...

The contrib sounds great , but can't get it to work ok.

didn't had any previous versions installed. (just a few other contribs)

below the normal page i get :

if i replace sts_user_code.php with :

function testfunction() {;}

i also get the error (only with new functionname ofcourse).

if i replace it with :

echo "file loaded";

i can see sts_user_code.php gets loaded only once. (it's printed one time).

i'm kind of stuck here , file is only called once , but it complains about a function being redeclared witch does't excist.

So any help is welcome

You are having problems because of a duplicate file either in your admin or catalog folders. Inspect the files as well as check your code for duplicate entries.

Good Luck,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Your sts_user_code.php file is called twice. Check in the admin, STS module, default, that the parameter "Files for normal template" contains only once "sts_user_code.php".

The file sts_display_output.php should be called only from sts_footer.php (at the end of the file). Check that you have nothing related to STS in the application_bottom.php file.

- Rigadin

Hello,

I just installed STS v4 in a clena osc, in admin - module - STS i get this errors:

Warning: include(/var/www/infomedia/html/includes/languages/espanol/modules/sts/sts_default.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/infomedia/html/admin/modules.php on line 136

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/infomedia/html/includes/languages/espanol/modules/sts/sts_default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /home/infomedia/html/admin/modules.php on line 136

MODULE_STS_DEFAULT_TITLE 1

Warning: include(/var/www/infomedia/html/includes/languages/espanol/modules/sts/sts_index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/infomedia/html/admin/modules.php on line 136

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/infomedia/html/includes/languages/espanol/modules/sts/sts_index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /home/infomedia/html/admin/modules.php on line 136

MODULE_STS_INDEX_TITLE 2

Warning: include(/var/www/infomedia/html/includes/languages/espanol/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/infomedia/html/admin/modules.php on line 136

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/infomedia/html/includes/languages/espanol/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /home/infomedia/html/admin/modules.php on line 136

Then i install de default module of STS but now i try to enter to my store and now i get this error:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

How can i fix all this??, thank you for you help

The first errors comes because some language files are missing. STS does not come with spanish, so you have to copy the STS files from the english folder and paste them in the spanish folder.

The last error about the server requirement is not a problem with STS. osCommerce checks that you have register_globals turned ON and it is not your case. Turn it on in php.ini if you can, otherwise search the forum for detailed instructions.

- Rigadin

You can include a javascript file from inside a template: place the file in your template folder and in the header of your template, add this:

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="$templatepath/yourjavascriptfile.js"></SCRIPT>

- Rigadin

I'm getting the double headers on a clean installation (v. 4.1 with the two corrections dated 4/14/06). It's wierd since I didn't upload things quite in order (I didn't install the first patch until the end), but the double headers didn't appear until the very end. At first I had that green bar, and then I had a standard bar above it.

This is the first mod that I am loading into a new, clean install of OSC. Any suggestions of which file I should be looking at to clean up the error would be appreciated.

:wacko: Ah fun!

Annie

Fresh install of version 4.1 April 12, 06, performed first update "small STS v4.1 update" no probably no double headers. Second update "STS v4.1 (sts.php typo)" with file download and copy and get double headers. Something is buggy in the sts.php Classes file with "STS v4.1 (sts.php typo)" update.

I recommend not using the file that is supplied. I myself have not made the manual edits yet, but know that the file itself will cause double headers.

Hope this helps. Drove me a little crazy. :thumbsup:

Joseph

I installed the newest version of STS v4.1 but I'm having a problem still with the login page.

The problem is that it's not showing up. Here's a link to my store where you can do everything but login and finish the checkout process. I have no other contributions installed--this is a fresh install as far as I can remember. Any solutions are appreciated:

Blank Login page

the regular store url is http://www.saltydog.com/oscommerce/catalog

thanks

-tim

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge