• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

hi pardon me, this must be been asked many many times before..

but i having a difficulty to read the page one by one, or i miss how to use searching within this thread, can please someone help me out how to perform search post within thread

my newbie sts question is, how to add downloaded contribution to the left box ? (make it place holder ?)

or just adding a simple banner on the left box

or maybe a link (guess book, etc)

if not using sts we can edit left/right php

even i've downloaded this whole thread to my pc just to read it offline :)

Edited by nyubi

i think i found the answer on bill post on the other thread, sorry for posting, but i still want to know how to perform search within thread (for example within this thread, so i can search similar post to my problem)

Note: Does anyone ever read the STS Manual or search this thread for the answer??

You still need to define the STS tag for the new infobox being created by that contribution.

Posted Image How to add a new infobox variable(tag) to STS:

Add this code to sts_user_code.php

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'infobox_name.php');

$sts->stop_capture('infobox_name', 'box');

The above would create a STS user tag called $infobox_name. Change what you need to make it work for your specific box name.

i think i found the answer on bill post on the other thread, sorry for posting, but i still want to know how to perform search within thread (for example within this thread, so i can search similar post to my problem)

Here you go....

Here are some Google search tips:

Search the entire forum:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums sts

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "insert your search text here without the quotes"

Search the contributions:

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions simple template system

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions "insert the search contribution name here without the quotes"

Search a specific support thread:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] "insert contribution support thread heading here without the quotes"

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I added FWR Media´s KissER Error Handling and the output was:

E_NOTICE Error Count: 2

Error: Undefined property: sts_default::$enabled

File: includes/classes/sts.php

Line: 94

Error: Undefined property: sts::$display_debug_output

File: includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php

Line: 33

I tried to fix it, but the page got broken...

Can someone fix it?

Used contrib:

STSv4.5.8 Dated Jan 23, 2008

thanks Bill for searching tricks

anyone here manage to install customer testimonial 3 v6.0 ? (i'm on sts 4.5.9 and set my site on localhost xampp)

because i tried to installed it, and it running fine until i click submit testimonial button and my page become screwed (top image and main text area collide)? it has something to do with customer_testimonial_write.php page or css file ? how do i fixed it ?

thanks Bill for searching tricks anyone here manage to install customer testimonial 3 v6.0 ? (i'm on sts 4.5.9 and set my site on localhost xampp)because i tried to installed it, and it running fine until i click submit testimonial button and my page become screwed (top image and main text area collide)? it has something to do with customer_testimonial_write.php page or css file ? how do i fixed it ?

sorry i don't know where suit best to post, either on the customer testimonial support page or here

here are the images:

testimonial view (add 1st testimoni using admin page)

f3vwae.jpg

write new testimonial

11uvtci.jpg

You should post on the testimonials forum. If I remember correctly, the HTML tags are incorrect in catalog/customer_testimonials.php - but I might be running a different version than you. The easiest thing is to view your source from the browser and see where the HTML is going wrong - then try to find that section in your php page(s).

sorry i don't know where suit best to post, either on the customer testimonial support page or here

here are the images:

~Tracy

Here you go....

Here are some Google search tips:

Search the entire forum:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums sts

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "insert your search text here without the quotes"

Search the contributions:

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions simple template system

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions "insert the search contribution name here without the quotes"

Search a specific support thread:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] "insert contribution support thread heading here without the quotes"

Oh! This is great! I was wondering how to do that, too. I didn't realize I would have to do it in Google, so thanks for this!

Jessica,

You are using the sample template folder named "full". This sample set includes a category template as an example (index.php_1_9.html). Since it is in the template set, STS automatically thinks you want to use this template for this category which just happens to be your hardware - mice category.

STS is doing what it is supposed to.

Please view:

Important Posts for the STS newbie:

Post #3755: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1226986

Post #4326: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1303555

Post #4974: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1361366

Post #3772: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1227769

Post #3757: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1227006

Please review the above for insight on how the Simple Template System allows you to make templates for pages, categories, home page, products and infoboxes.

Hope this was helpful,

Thank you Bill, that was very helpful! I just deleted index.php_1_9.html and that page is now the same as the other pages.

You should post on the testimonials forum. If I remember correctly, the HTML tags are incorrect in catalog/customer_testimonials.php - but I might be running a different version than you. The easiest thing is to view your source from the browser and see where the HTML is going wrong - then try to find that section in your php page(s).

thanks, ill post there.

Gow can i fix my problem and his? (DYNAMENU)

View Postfreakenstein, on 09 December 2009 - 03:04 PM, said:

Hello all,

I've some weird bug,

Horizontal dropdown in a box works:

$menu_type = 0;

$show_dmcats_as_box = true;

this works, fly-out works:

$menu_type = 1;

$show_dmcats_as_box = false;

But this doesn't, no drop-down showing:

$menu_type = 0;

$show_dmcats_as_box = false;

Working with [Dynamenu (May 27, 2006) and STSv4.5.8], from Bill Kelum on a clean install,

and with the STS fix from jbennette 27 Mar 2009.

Tried searching this forum, probably missed the solution. :(

What is the fix.

Did default install 2 with STS from Kelan.

Working only with Infobox on if I set it to false it ain't working anymore? Changed nothing what's the fix?

Kanata,

Or how can i delete the box myself?

What filename must i make for that?

How is $content being pulled from the index? Doing a search I don't see the variable being assigned anywhere.

Anyhow which directory should I find the files to modify the content? I have heard several answers on this from looking through the forums and manuals.

Lastly, I saw that the product categories can't be edited as of the current STS build. Does anyone have a link to an add on for this or assistance with the coding?

How is $content being pulled from the index? Doing a search I don't see the variable being assigned anywhere.

Anyhow which directory should I find the files to modify the content? I have heard several answers on this from looking through the forums and manuals.

Lastly, I saw that the product categories can't be edited as of the current STS build. Does anyone have a link to an add on for this or assistance with the coding?

STS User Manual (Chapter 4.3) thumbsup.gif

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Can someone help me with this error:

How do I fix this?

It appears you either have not installed STS completely or you have installed a third party contribution over the top of STS and now your STS installation is broken. Try installing STS from the beginning, focusing on the osCommerce core files that have been modified - or - do a file comparison with the STSv4.5.8 contribution and the files that are currently in your site.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thnx, but which index.php should I use (Which directory is it listed under)? I see multiple of them but none of them seem to be assigning a variable to content.

It's like the manual states, it picks up the code that is listed between the includes of column_left.php and column_right.php as it is coded in the root index.php file.

The content tag picks up everything listed below (root/index.php):

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 	<tr>
   	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     	<tr>
       	<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
       	<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
     	</tr>
   	</table></td>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
   	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
   	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
     	<tr>
       	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         	<tr>
<?php
if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
 	$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
 	for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
   	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   	$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
   	if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
     	// do nothing, go through the loop
   	} else {
     	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
     	break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
   	}
 	}
} else {
 	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
 	$rows++;
 	$cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
 	$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
 	echo '            	<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
 	if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
   	echo '          	</tr>' . "\n";
   	echo '          	<tr>' . "\n";
 	}
}

// needed for the new products module shown below
$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
         	</tr>
       	</table></td>
     	</tr>
     	<tr>
     	</tr>
     	<tr>
       	<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
     	</tr>
   	</table></td>
 	</tr>
</table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                    	'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
reset($define_list);
while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
 	if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
}

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
 	switch ($column_list[$i]) {
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
     	$select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
     	$select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
     	$select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
     	$select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
     	$select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
     	$select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
     	break;
 	}
}

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
 	if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
   	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
 	} else {
// We show them all
   	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
 	}
} else {
// show the products in a given categorie
 	if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
   	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
 	} else {
// We show them all
   	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
 	}
}

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
 	for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
   	if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
     	$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
     	$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
     	break;
   	}
 	}
} else {
 	$sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
 	$sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
     	break;
   	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
     	$listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
     	break;
 	}
}
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 	<tr>
     	<tr>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
   	$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
 	} else {
   	$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
 	}
 	$filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
 	if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
   	echo '        	<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
     	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
     	$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
   	} else {
     	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
     	$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
   	}
   	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
   	while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
     	$options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
   	}
   	echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
   	echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";
 	}
}

// Get the right image for the top-right
$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
 	$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
 	$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
 	$image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
} elseif ($current_category_id) {
 	$image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
 	$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
 	$image = $image['categories_image'];
}
?>
       	<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
     	</tr>
   	</table></td>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
   	<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
 	</tr>
</table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
 	<tr>
     	<tr>
       	<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
     	</tr>
   	</table></td>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
     	<tr>
       	<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
     	</tr>
     	<tr>
     	</tr>
     	<tr>
       	<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
     	</tr>
     	<tr>
     	</tr>
     	<tr>
       	<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
     	</tr>
<?php
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
   	</table></td>
 	</tr>
</table></td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thnx, but which index.php should I use (Which directory is it listed under)? I see multiple of them but none of them seem to be assigning a variable to content.

Can you be more concrete about what you want to do? Or is your question just a theoretical one?

thumbsup.gif STSv4.6 is just around the corner. I have updated the docs and code and added in the new templates. Now I just need to do some testing and then create the zip package.

whistling.gif This version will be quite a bit larger as it includes several sample template sets so I am hoping the Contribution Administrators allow it to be uploaded.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It appears you either have not installed STS completely or you have installed a third party contribution over the top of STS and now your STS installation is broken. Try installing STS from the beginning, focusing on the osCommerce core files that have been modified - or - do a file comparison with the STSv4.5.8 contribution and the files that are currently in your site.

I have compared all files, and there is no changes.. Here is the line that reports this error:

if ($this->script->enabled==false) {

Any other solutions?

I have compared all files, and there is no changes.. Here is the line that reports this error:

if ($this->script->enabled==false) {

Any other solutions?

I see you are getting similar errors from other posts that you have made. Where or what is letting you know about this error? This appears to be a problem with a third party contribution such as an errant SEO addon and not an issue with STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I see you are getting similar errors from other posts that you have made. Where or what is letting you know about this error? This appears to be a problem with a third party contribution such as an errant SEO addon and not an issue with STS.

I'm using KissER made by FWR Media trying to get rid of all errors..

Can you be more concrete about what you want to do? Or is your question just a theoretical one?

Well, it is both really. I am looking to edit the content of the home page along with the other pages (Shipping and Returns, Privary Notice, etc). To edit that I needed to know which to change, the index is also located under catalog/includes/language/english and in other places (I think). Which I now assume is just to be changed if your using different languages for your site.

So I could of just asked where to edit these pages at. However, I was curious as to how it assigned this information for content to the $content variable since it doesn't have anything like $content = "yadda yadda yadda" in index.php or anywhere else I could find.

This is all mentioned in the documentation, and many times posted in the forum here

In short: Content is the actual content of the .php file that is called. If you want to change this, then you need to change the actual .php file. That are mainly the "root" files + some files in the /includes/ folder. The language files have nothing to do with this, since they contain just text definitions used in the .php files according to the language ID. This all has nothing to do with STS, you need to learn the "logic" and structure of osCommerce it self, there is a documentation section, pinned topics at top of this forum, etc etc

From there on sts uses some $tags, like for example

$sts->template['breadcrumbs'] = $breadcrumb->trail(' » ');

that define the tag $breadcrumbs,, so that you can place $breadcumbs wherever you want in your template and get them displayed. This all happens using the files in includes/modules/sts_inc/

Next thing is that sts has a "template logic" so that it can display different templates according to the actual .php file. so you can make a special shopping_cart.php.html template that will only come up when the page shopping_cart.php is displayed. The actual content of the shopping cart is defined in shopping_cart.php and includes/classes/shopping_cart.php.This replacement logic happens mainly in includes/modules/sts/

So you can have for example an index_0.php.html template hat will be just for your "home" page. You can use $tags for this or you can have it in plain html. Or a template for a specific category. Or for products in a category. Or for a specific product. Th more control you want to have over the content, the more tags you need to define your self.

To cover your theoretical interest, you need to search more by your self. There are some very good posts in here, linked over and over again, last time just some posts over yours. Also read again the documentation

If you have a practical question, then make it concrete, like "how do I do this and that"?

Hi,

some time ago I posted these errors using FWR´s Error Handling:

E_NOTICE Error Count: 2

Error: Undefined property: sts::$display_debug_output

File: includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php

Line: 33

Used contrib:

STSv4.5.8 Dated Jan 23, 2008

I found a way to fix it: