• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

well thats just it, the instruction say...

"Installation is very simple:

1. Upload the new "/modernrc2a/" template folder and all of its contents to your "your-domain.com/catalog/includes/sts_templates/" folder. Note: If your shop is located in the root, then you would upload it to "your-domain.com/includes/sts_templates/" folder."

Does that mean the modernrc2a folder within catalog/includes or does that mean the whole zip file contents i.e the file named "Modern Template RC2a for STSv458"?

I obviously uploaded the file of same name (modernrc2a). Seeing as it had all the required structure, from an HTML point of view.

So, I have in my server root as follows.../includes/sts_templates/modernrc2a - then within it, as you obviously know, the images, boxes & content folders. Are these not the correct images for the template, well, the correct location at least as the right images are there? Where is it I am to upload the other part of the file, i.e catalog contents.

Bobby,

I see that you are new to osCommerce so I can understand your confusion.

1. Everything you did so far is correct as far as the template is concerned.

2. Regarding the css menu, you will need to upload the files and folders from the contribution from the catalog folder in the contribution. Keep in mind that the "catalog" represents the root location of where you have osCommerce installed. Really, all you should need is the file that is located in catalog/includes/boxes/categorycss.php (or whatever the filename is as I am just going off memory here). Uplload this file to your catalog/includes/boxes folder. This file is a custom category php script that allows the category menu to be modified using css.

3. If you are still having image issues, make sure you have uploaded all of the images from the catalog/images folder from the contribution to your catalog/images file in your shop. Also, make sure you have uploaded all of the images from the catalog/includes/sts_templates/modernrc2a/images in the contribution to your site at the same location.

I think the instructions in the add-on could have been more clear but the above should get you where you need to be.

Note: STSv4.6 will be out soon and it will make having portable templates sets a lot easier and truly portable from site to site.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hey thanks bkellum, done that and now get the following displayed when I try open my main store/catalog page in my browser:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

I have found this message comes up a lot. I tried following instructions to fix it, altering the php.ini file in the root directory (public_html). I also copied it into the catalog directory (public_html/catalog) and catalog admin directory. (public_html/catalog/admin). That just gave a really long string of code on the store page.

I also tried to edit the .htaccess files as recommended (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/203498-server-requirement-error-register-globals-is-disabled-in-your-php-configuration-this-can-be-enabled-in-your-phpini-configuration-file-or-in-the-ht/) but the htaccess files in both my public_html and public_html/catalog directories did not have the text I am supposed to edit.

Sorry to be a pain, but I really am quite clueless about php, and it is frustrating work. Can someone please try and help me, being as simple and clear as possible. Thanks.

Sorry, just a clarification that I no longer need help on this issue - I gave up using STS. Thanks anyway!

The Register Globals setting in your php.ini file is something that your host turns on or off based on the settings they prefer to run on their servers.

If you go http://addons.oscommerce.com/ and search for Register Globals you will find several different contributions you can install designed specifically for this issue.

Sorry, just a clarification that I no longer need help on this issue - I gave up using STS. Thanks anyway!

~Tracy

Hey Bill,

I'm thinking STS can do this, but I'm having an issue that I can't seem to figure out when trying - LOL :blush:

I want to use the content template for just one product info page. So I named it product_info.php_1267.html and it is in my current templates/content/ folder. I have removed the generic product_info.php.html from the server as I don't want to use the template for all pages, just the one product page.

Now the issue I have is when I go into the Admin and turn "Use template for product info page" to "true". What happens is that none of my product info pages show up. If you click to view a product you simply go to the parent category page of that product, and the site won't load a product_info.php page. :blink:

I'm stumped on this one - :blush: Got any ideas?

~Tracy

PS - if we can't figure it out I did find a work-around. I added this to my product_info.php file:

if (($results1['products_id']) == 1267) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link('index.php', 'cPath=88_87&', 'NONSSL'));
 }

This bumps them back to the category page for that specific product (which works great for this particular purpose) :D

~Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

I have upgraded an STS template module for a client from an earlier version to v4.5.8 and have a strange issue where in the $footer tag that previously worked no longer loads and instead it simply just says $footer in the page

the footer.php file has the necessary code added to it to load and the application_bottom.php page load time is displayed under the $footer tag on the page

anyone have any ideas as to the cause of this?

How to change the background color of the shopping cart and the categories background color?

Right now it is white background with white text, but i want it to be a blue background with white text.

See what i mean: http://super-discounter.nl/winkel/index.php?cPath=24

I can't find where (or how) i can change this

How to change the background color of the shopping cart and the categories background color?

Right now it is white background with white text, but i want it to be a blue background with white text.

See what i mean: http://super-discounter.nl/winkel/index.php?cPath=24

I can't find where (or how) i can change this

This is all controlled by your CSS file, mine is called simply stylesheet.css...I can see by your site that your .CSS file is located http://super-discounter.nl/winkel/stylesheet.css. Simply open it with a text editor, or watever you use (I use Dreamweaver for mine but a text editor like notepad will do just as good), and look for the coresponding entry.

Example

.infoBoxContents {

background: #BDC7D6;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

Same applies for your product listing pages.

Hope this helps you :)

Okay i probably didn't try hard enough but is there a recommended add-on to display extra product images?

It doesn't matter what other contributions you use in combination with STS as long as the contribution is coded correctly. Since contributions change daily, there really is no way to tell if it is bug free unless you install it on a test site yourself and put it through the ringer.

At one time, Ultra Pics was a good one although I can't give an opinion eitherway now.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I set up STS and it said go to the test page, i went and it is all numbers and variables, should it not be showing the working php even know the link is .html???

Where and how do you go to the testpage? In your browser or in some editor?

What do you mean with "the link is .html"? what link do you mean? all pages are still html as before, the user don't notice a difference if you have STS or not

Where and how do you go to the testpage? In your browser or in some editor?

What do you mean with "the link is .html"? what link do you mean? all pages are still html as before, the user don't notice a difference if you have STS or not

okay, sorry I will re-explain. I just installed Sts, I followed all the steps. I opened my shop and it looks the exact same(maybe it is supposed to?) anyways the html file • /catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html shows up as a bunch of coding. Im confused as to what STS is supposed to look like/ do. :S:(

okay, sorry I will re-explain. I just installed Sts, I followed all the steps. I opened my shop and it looks the exact same(maybe it is supposed to?) anyways the html file • /catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html shows up as a bunch of coding. Im confused as to what STS is supposed to look like/ do. :S:(

OK. It appears you are trying to view your site by using the following link in your browser: http://yourdomain.com//catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html

That is not what your shop user will see when they visit your shop. They will see the following:

http://yourdomain.com//catalog/index.php

STS will use the templates that you create in the template folder to "select" which template to display depending upon what PHP page is being viewed in the browser.

NOTE: The sample templates were created to give the look and feel of the stock osCommerce shop that does not have STS installed. This was done to show that you don't "lose" anything features or layout just by using STS. You get the opposite, more features and full control of the layout.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I've installed the sts module by uploading all the sts folders to both the includes and modules folders and made the modifications to all files.

I installed the sts module from admin console/modules, however, when I click the 'edit' button to toggle the 'Default' module to 'True', it does not change from 'False' to True.

I tried also to change the other modules (index, popup image, product info) to 'False', but they do Not change either.

Is this a permissions issue? My admin folder is set to write & executable for everyone.

version I'm running is osCommerce 2.2-MS2 with STS 4.5.8

Blake Paris

www.mythicstyle.net

"A Style for Every Story"

You on MySpace? Hit Me Up at www.myspace.com/mythicstyle

Hello,

I have installed FREE STS Template - Modern RC2a - Multilanguage and have 2 'problems'. I have looked into the manual but I could not find a solution.

1) Instead of standard menu, I need to activate STS built(?) vertical fly-out menu as it appears on STS screen_capture.

Do I need to install additional add-on for this? I saw that sts_template.html file already have Dynamic Drive "SuckerTree Vertical Menu" code included. So maybe I just need to activate it? Please tell me how.

2) IE shows constantly "! Error on page" at the bottom, regardless which page is opened. Clicking on that error shows following:

"User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Media Center PC 3.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; FDM)

Timestamp: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 02:09:21 UTC

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object

Line: 49

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://site.com/"

Line 49 is the middle of included Dynamic Drive "SuckerTree Vertical Menu". This error shows only when STS template is enabled.

I will really appreciate any help!

Cheers.

Edited by WorkingHard

I'm not really sure where I should place the javascript for Fast Easy Checkout.

I looked up solutions for converting to STS there and I may've not searched hard enough but I've been googling for 2 hours straight and searching here with no solution. I know people have got it to work and simply put I know my only problem is with getting the javascript to work. Where should I place the javascript so it works?

Hello,

I have installed FREE STS Template - Modern RC2a - Multilanguage and have 2 'problems'. I have looked into the manual but I could not find a solution.

1) Instead of standard menu, I need to activate STS built(?) vertical fly-out menu as it appears on STS screen_capture.

Do I need to install additional add-on for this? I saw that sts_template.html file already have Dynamic Drive "SuckerTree Vertical Menu" code included. So maybe I just need to activate it? Please tell me how.

2) IE shows constantly "! Error on page" at the bottom, regardless which page is opened. Clicking on that error shows following:

"User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Media Center PC 3.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; FDM)

Timestamp: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 02:09:21 UTC

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object

Line: 49

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://site.com/"

Line 49 is the middle of included Dynamic Drive "SuckerTree Vertical Menu". This error shows only when STS template is enabled.

I will really appreciate any help!

Cheers.

I found a solution. :lol:

I reinstalled Modern Template RC2a for STSv458 + I installed Dynamenu_for_osCommerce_v1_11. Pay attention that you also need to add some of Dynamenu content into STS template folder.

That's it!

Cheers!

I have been working on my store with STS. HAve been able to change a few things what I am wondering when I changed the background to and image the $content area shows the background. I would like to make the background of the content area a color. Not sure where or what the area is called in the style sheet to make background a color.

Hi,

I have STS4.5.8 installed and have had it for a while now with everything working all right. Now, I tried to add a couple categories with a few sub-categories and none of the changes showed up on the site. I cleared the cache and they showed on the home page. The next time I opened the browser they weren't there anymore.

You can see it in action here: http://www.sacred-jewelry.com. The categories not showing are Fine Silver Jewelry and Copper Jewelry. Actually, sometimes they show and sometimes they don't. Like they may show up on the home page, but if I go to the Chakra Jewelry category, they don't show up. If I go to an item from those categories, they are there, on the left menu. In other words, sometimes they show and sometimes they don't, which is so odd!

Also, while I was trying to figure out if there was something on my template that was preventing these changes from showing, I realized that the 'tell a friend' box is not showing either, even though the $tellafriendbox marker is on the template. The template's left column is (in order): $categorybox, $shopbypricebox, $searchbox, $tellafriendbox and then a few images with either javascript of links (to Facebook, etc.)

Any ideas/suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

I have been working on my store with STS. HAve been able to change a few things what I am wondering when I changed the background to and image the $content area shows the background. I would like to make the background of the content area a color. Not sure where or what the area is called in the style sheet to make background a color.

I figured out how to change it. Was have a brain f**t there for awhile --- LOL. Now what I cant seem to figure out is when I change the background color of the Boxs, info, catagory, etc there is a small box to the side. How do i change its color. I think i have tried changing every color possible and doesnt seem to work. Where the little box is just the left of the name in the box header. Arrow on right and the little box on left.

Kevin

I have installed the STS addon on a new oscommerce I just set up for that sole purpose and I have downloaded a couple templates to see how it works. All templates look good even the default "test" and "full" sts_templates that come with the addon. However not one of those templates are showing me something where the $content tag is placed. All the sidebars work perfectly having the $carcontent tags or whatever tag it may be. Still when I click on them it should redirect me to lets say myshop.com/catalog/shipping.php 'cause I clicked on the shipping link. But this just shows me another blank page in the middle. Why isnt it picking up the information in that .php file!?!?! Do I need to try and rewrite all the php coding in html now? I just wanted to add a nicer design, not rewrite the php coding I have finally learn to understand :P

Anyways I am pretty frustrated by now cause all I keep seeing are blank pages wherever there is a $content tag. The only process I have made is that I can now add stuff to that center of the page like tables and other stuff by just adding some html coding where the $content was in the first place.

Please help me out!

Thank you in advance.

I can provide the link to the site since its online and working, didnt do so 'cause I'm not sure if I can post links on this forum.

I have installed the STS addon on a new oscommerce I just set up for that sole purpose and I have downloaded a couple templates to see how it works. All templates look good even the default "test" and "full" sts_templates that come with the addon. However not one of those templates are showing me something where the $content tag is placed. All the sidebars work perfectly having the $carcontent tags or whatever tag it may be. Still when I click on them it should redirect me to lets say myshop.com/catalog/shipping.php 'cause I clicked on the shipping link. But this just shows me another blank page in the middle. Why isnt it picking up the information in that .php file!?!?! Do I need to try and rewrite all the php coding in html now? I just wanted to add a nicer design, not rewrite the php coding I have finally learn to understand tongue.gif

Anyways I am pretty frustrated by now cause all I keep seeing are blank pages wherever there is a $content tag. The only process I have made is that I can now add stuff to that center of the page like tables and other stuff by just adding some html coding where the $content was in the first place.

Please help me out!

Thank you in advance.

I can provide the link to the site since its online and working, didnt do so 'cause I'm not sure if I can post links on this forum.

How do you have STS configured in the Admin? What version of osCommerce are you using? What version of STS? I suggest STSv4.5.8 by bkellum and osCommerce Online Merchant RC2a.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I have STS4.5.8 installed and have had it for a while now with everything working all right. Now, I tried to add a couple categories with a few sub-categories and none of the changes showed up on the site. I cleared the cache and they showed on the home page. The next time I opened the browser they weren't there anymore.

You can see it in action here: http://www.sacred-jewelry.com. The categories not showing are Fine Silver Jewelry and Copper Jewelry. Actually, sometimes they show and sometimes they don't. Like they may show up on the home page, but if I go to the Chakra Jewelry category, they don't show up. If I go to an item from those categories, they are there, on the left menu. In other words, sometimes they show and sometimes they don't, which is so odd!

Also, while I was trying to figure out if there was something on my template that was preventing these changes from showing, I realized that the 'tell a friend' box is not showing either, even though the $tellafriendbox marker is on the template. The template's left column is (in order): $categorybox, $shopbypricebox, $searchbox, $tellafriendbox and then a few images with either javascript of links (to Facebook, etc.)

Any ideas/suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Thanks!

Ok, I have been trying to figure this out by reinstalling osCommerce 2.2RC2a with the same database I had before to see which contribution may be creating this problem. So with a clean installation all my categories show up, but when I install STS 4.5.8 files some of the categories appear and others don't, or they appear and disappear randomly on different pages. This is on a completely clean installation with no other contributions, just STS 4.5.8 in a separate folder in my site (not the link I had previously posted). I still can't figure out what is wrong! :angry:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)