• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I have a question.

I have a site with STS installed and several mods including dynamic mopics.

The Click to Enlarge would never work on the products. When looking at the source of the product_info.php page, the script wasn't in the head. So I opened the product_info.php file and all the code was there. Why wasn't it pulling?

Note: I do not have any product_info templates or files or boxes or content. Just index.php.html and sts_template.html (they are identical) and the css file.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a question.

I have a site with STS installed and several mods including dynamic mopics.

The Click to Enlarge would never work on the products. When looking at the source of the product_info.php page, the script wasn't in the head. So I opened the product_info.php file and all the code was there. Why wasn't it pulling?

Note: I do not have any product_info templates or files or boxes or content. Just index.php.html and sts_template.html (they are identical) and the css file.

What do you have in the head section of your template file?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

What do you have in the head section of your template file?

just the content type

the title

and a link to the stylesheet

just the content type

the title

and a link to the stylesheet

Could you be more specific? This could be the key to your issue. Copy and paste the <head> section of your template.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Could you be more specific? This could be the key to your issue. Copy and paste the <head> section of your template.

I'm sorry. I thought that was specific. That's really all I have.

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> 
<title>Title</title>
<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

</head>

I'm sorry. I thought that was specific. That's really all I have.

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> 
<title>Title</title>
<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

</head>

There lies your problem...

You MUST HAVE the following STS variables in EVERY template:

$htmlparams and $headcontent

A typical template would look like so:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

</head>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

There lies your problem...

You MUST HAVE the following STS variables in EVERY template:

$htmlparams and $headcontent

A typical template would look like so:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

</head>

ok so that goes above the head then. right?

What I normally do is use the full template that comes with the contribution and then edit it to suit.

I thought it had all the tags already in there and all I had to do was delete (or repeat) any that I didn't want, since most people seem to want custom designs that don't have every box on them. That's what I've been doing. Maybe I should go through your tutorials, and make a default template of my own that I can just edit to suit. I didn't realize stuff was missing from the examples.

Thanks so much for your reply. Let me try this now.

No it didn't work. I stuck that inside the head too and it didn't work. I have to actually put the script into the template.

or do I have to define the params somewhere? I know there are instances where you can make your own stuff and you define it, but these were contributions I installed to the site so I didn't think that was necessary.

If it is, I might have to do a lot of defining. lol

No it didn't work. I stuck that inside the head too and it didn't work. I have to actually put the script into the template.

or do I have to define the params somewhere? I know there are instances where you can make your own stuff and you define it, but these were contributions I installed to the site so I didn't think that was necessary.

If it is, I might have to do a lot of defining. lol

Don't be confused with what I posted. Whether it solved your issue or not, STS requires those variables or it WILL NOT FUNCTION. You will get unpredictable results. Please read the text that came with the contribution. These variables directly affect basic functions of the Simple Template System such as all JavaScript within your shop (ex: Click to Enlarge).

Look at the blank template that came with STS as an example.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

ok so that goes above the head then. right?

What I normally do is use the full template that comes with the contribution and then edit it to suit.

I thought it had all the tags already in there and all I had to do was delete (or repeat) any that I didn't want, since most people seem to want custom designs that don't have every box on them. That's what I've been doing. Maybe I should go through your tutorials, and make a default template of my own that I can just edit to suit. I didn't realize stuff was missing from the examples.

Thanks so much for your reply. Let me try this now.

Nothing was missing from the examples...it appears you deleted too much from the head section of the examples in the full folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Nothing was missing from the examples...it appears you deleted too much from the head section of the examples in the full folder.

You are right. It's there. I must have deleted it. Thank you so much for your quick replies. I knew the template had something to do with the site issues, but wasn't sure why. I am going to get better acquainted with the template system because I truly love what it does. Thanks again. : )

You are right. It's there. I must have deleted it. Thank you so much for your quick replies. I knew the template had something to do with the site issues, but wasn't sure why. I am going to get better acquainted with the template system because I truly love what it does. Thanks again. : )

You are truly welcome ;)

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

hows things?

I am getting along with my site now, and I have the issue of the red x displaying in category images when the category does not have an image and the admin setting is switched off so images dont display in the normal osc site.

I am guessing therefore there must be some code in sts that is causing it to be displayed as a red x(image not available) rather than not displaying anything.

Had a search around but cant seem to find anything on this, maybe its tucked away somewhere?

Can you point us in the right direction, in the mean time I will try and work out where in the code the problem lies for me right now.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi Bill,

hows things?

I am getting along with my site now, and I have the issue of the red x displaying in category images when the category does not have an image and the admin setting is switched off so images dont display in the normal osc site.

I am guessing therefore there must be some code in sts that is causing it to be displayed as a red x(image not available) rather than not displaying anything.

Had a search around but cant seem to find anything on this, maybe its tucked away somewhere?

Can you point us in the right direction, in the mean time I will try and work out where in the code the problem lies for me right now.

Thanks

Johnny

The only way that STS has anything to do with it would be that you have an image within your template that has a bad link to it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

The only way that STS has anything to do with it would be that you have an image within your template that has a bad link to it.

I am lost there are no images for the categories I have now, so I need to find out where the template is calling for the image that doesn't exist?

Thanks

Johnny

I am lost there are no images for the categories I have now, so I need to find out where the template is calling for the image that doesn't exist?

Thanks

Johnny

The only way to know that is to look into the source code of the actual template page (ex: index.php.html). If you do not have any images within your template, then the problem would lie in the code in your osCommerce files, not STS. If you turned off the admin setting for Images Required and you still see a broken link (x), then you have some messed up code somewhere (non-STS related).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

The only way to know that is to look into the source code of the actual template page (ex: index.php.html). If you do not have any images within your template, then the problem would lie in the code in your osCommerce files, not STS. If you turned off the admin setting for Images Required and you still see a broken link (x), then you have some messed up code somewhere (non-STS related).

Okay so I have to find out where the code is for the images in index.php as somewhere in there the code is wrong?

There is no index.php.html just the standard sts_template.html

I will try and find the code problem as suggested thanks for your help.

Johnny

Okay, i have found the section of code in the index.php file.

As its not an sts issue as such I guess I am best placing thios elsewhere, however you maybe able to help me first in point out any obvious issues with the code and why it works when switching images required to false in admin on normal osc and why it doesnt work in sts.

when I remove this section of code:-

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'],  $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT)[/b].

from this larger piece of code in index.php then my issue with red x category images in sts is ressolved however it removes it regardless of the admin switch, and it is also removed outside of sts.

can anyone help? please

<?php
if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
  $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
  for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
	if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
	  // do nothing, go through the loop
	} else {
	  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
	  break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
	}
  }
} else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">'  .tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'],  $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT). '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
}

// needed for the new products module shown below
$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>

Okay, i have found the section of code in the index.php file.

As its not an sts issue as such I guess I am best placing thios elsewhere, however you maybe able to help me first in point out any obvious issues with the code and why it works when switching images required to false in admin on normal osc and why it doesnt work in sts.

when I remove this section of code the parent category images affected :-

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

sub category images affected

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'],  $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT)[/b].

from this larger piece of code in index.php then my issue with red x category images in sts is ressolved however it removes it regardless of the admin switch, and it is also removed outside of sts.

can anyone help? please

<?php
if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
/*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>
	   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	   <?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ 
	  ?>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
<?php
if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
  $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
  for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
	if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
	  // do nothing, go through the loop
	} else {
	  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
	  break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
	}
  }
} else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' .tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'],  $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) .'<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
}

// needed for the new products module shown below
$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>

whilst the code is not directly sts code, I am starting to thing that the header tag code has something to do with it as the standard osc doesnt use the header tags but the sts does.

Can any help me identify the code and help get it up and running so the sts template works?

Thanks

Johnny

Hello all

I'm trying to install the "also consider" contribution ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,also+consid) with my sts template.

I want the module "also consider" at the bottom of my product-info.

I've followed all the procedure but the module do not appear.

Any idea or any help ?

Many thanks folks i'm really stuck on it.

ps: apologies for my bad english

STS 4.5.8

After searching for 2 hours I'm just going to ask............

In the admin panel where you re installing the STS modules when you get to INDEX you have an install button on the right. I click it and nothing happens. It acts like it doesn't understand me at all. it just stays the way it is.

It does flash the url "install & action....." as if it attempts t install, but the url bar is all that changes and it returns to it's current url.

Screenshot2009-09-07at82727PM.png

RC2.2a

After searching for 2 hours I'm just going to ask............

In the admin panel where you re installing the STS modules when you get to INDEX you have an install button on the right. I click it and nothing happens. It acts like it doesn't understand me at all. it just stays the way it is.

It does flash the url "install & action....." as if it attempts t install, but the url bar is all that changes and it returns to it's current url.

You most likely have an older osC version (older than osC RC2) as there was a bug in the "core" osC files (nothing to do with STS) that would cause this problem. The bug was fixed with osC RC2.

Here is the bug fix if you do not want to upgrade (or you have RC2 but must have overwritten the files with an older contribution):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1117449

Otherwise, try uploading the STS files again as you may have a corrupt or missing file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello all

I'm trying to install the "also consider" contribution ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,also+consid) with my sts template.

I want the module "also consider" at the bottom of my product-info.

I've followed all the procedure but the module do not appear.

Any idea or any help ?

Many thanks folks i'm really stuck on it.

ps: apologies for my bad english

If you are not using the STS Product "content" template feature, then STS will automatically display any new module in the stock product info page just as any non-STS site would. Check your installation of the add-on to be sure you installed it correctly.

If you are using the STS Product "content" template feature, then you need to add the "include code" for the add-on in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file. This is generally the same code that the add-on asks you to insert into the stock product_info.php file.

For example: The includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file already includes code to include the "also purchased" items in the product info template. You can use that as an example to follow:

// See if any "Also Purchased" items. Feature added in v4.0.6

$sts->start_capture();

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

}

$sts->stop_capture ('alsopurchased'); // Get the result to the main array

$template_pinfo['alsopurchased']= $sts->template['alsopurchased']; // Put it in the product info

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

If you are not using the STS Product "content" template feature, then STS will automatically display any new module in the stock product info page just as any non-STS site would. Check your installation of the add-on to be sure you installed it correctly.

If you are using the STS Product "content" template feature, then you need to add the "include code" for the add-on in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file. This is generally the same code that the add-on asks you to insert into the stock product_info.php file.

For example: The includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file already includes code to include the "also purchased" items in the product info template. You can use that as an example to follow:

// See if any "Also Purchased" items. Feature added in v4.0.6

$sts->start_capture();

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

}

$sts->stop_capture ('alsopurchased'); // Get the result to the main array

$template_pinfo['alsopurchased']= $sts->template['alsopurchased']; // Put it in the product info

Hello, I don't know if I'm doing right but.... it works !!!!

thank you very much, have a nice day

GBY

STS 4.5.8