• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi,

I don't see any legal notices in the manual, so I am wondering, is it OK to remove the following in the footer?

Simple Template System by DiamondSea.com

STS v4.5.3 by SoundsGoodProductions.com

Yes, by all means, feel free to remove them. ;)

Keep in mind that the templates provided in the download are sample templates only. It is OK to use them if you want but they are really there just to display the features of STS and how to place the various tags and such.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I Have been searching for the place holder $footertext The manual says it is defined in general.php. I have gone through this file line by line but did not find it. Can anyone tell me where else I may look to find it?

Pat

I Have been searching for the place holder $footertext The manual says it is defined in general.php. I have gone through this file line by line but did not find it. Can anyone tell me where else I may look to find it?

Pat

includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill I will look again, but that is where i have been looking and trying to find it. I also just finished the beginners tutorial. Now I am going to try content pages.

Well I relooked and this is all I Found.... $sts->template['footer_text']= FOOTER_TEXT_BODY;

It does not show me the define and allow me to change the text that is there. Could it be else where I have looked in many files and have had no luck. I like the place holder but would like to change what it says before I use it in my own designs.

Pat

Well I relooked and this is all I Found.... $sts->template['footer_text']= FOOTER_TEXT_BODY;

It does not show me the define and allow me to change the text that is there. Could it be else where I have looked in many files and have had no luck. I like the place holder but would like to change what it says before I use it in my own designs.

Pat

Yes, that is it. The tag is defined as FOOTER_TEXT_BODY. You will need to do a search in the osCommerce core code for the define of that variable.

Remember, with STS, you can put anything in your footer by simply placing text in the bottom of your template. You DON"T have to use the $footer_text tag.

I created a step by step on how to create a footer template to be used for all of the pages in your shop and it is located in the STS Power Pack site (a site dedicated to all STS extras).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I would double check in the includes/languages/english.php file ;)

Pat

~Tracy

I am having a little of a hard time adding a background image to my product info content section. In preperation of developing a header and footer I have decided just to create a class like this .dove {

background-image: url(images/dove.jpg)

} I then placed it on my content sec tion of my page like so..

<div class="dove">

<td valign="top">

<h3>group name</h3>

<p>1) Call of The Dove<br>

2) Five on the Way<br>

3) Call on Him<br>

4) Are you Ready<br>

5) Voice of Mother<br>

6) Freedom is Not Free<br>

7) I Like To Hear Them Preach<br>

8) Just Beyond The Grave<br>

9) Gone Away With A Friend<br>

10) Set Me Free<br>

</p>

<p>$content</p>

<p> </p>

</td></div>

I have the image saved in modernr2ca images and the info.php.html in the main modernr2ca folder. Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong with my path. This image is a faded image that should sit in the background. I have been reading lots and am enjoying some of these tricks this add-ons make easier.

Pat

Hi all, is there a quick way to use an infobox tag (for example $whatsnewbox) outside of the store proper? What I'm trying to do is use this and a couple other infoboxes on the main index.php of the site, but it's outside the store itself. Any help?

Hi all, is there a quick way to use an infobox tag (for example $whatsnewbox) outside of the store proper? What I'm trying to do is use this and a couple other infoboxes on the main index.php of the site, but it's outside the store itself. Any help?

Have you considered making your main page a template named index.php_0.html? You could easily add anything you want to this page or remove for that matter and it will be your home page.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello again,

I have a (hopefully) easy question. How can I link to my "What's New" page in my STS template? I'm not looking for the what's new infobox, just a text link.

I would like a link to that page next to "My Account" on my top navigation bar. I guess I could just link to products_new.php but I figured that was not the correct way to do it. I couldn't find anything related to this in the user manual or by searching the forums using google. (I think... I could be looking at the wrong part).

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

Hello all

I love this contribution and use it already on three shops, more to come... but there is one Problem i could net find out how to do...

I have a file called google_sitemap.php that i wish that STS does not process as this is (obviously) the sitemap for google.. i think i have to do that in the sts class or so where it always searches for certain tags in the HTML and excludes evrything before and after the matching <-- body text ---> comment. but so far could no manage to get this working. Any other suggestion? Maybe there should be a possibility in the Module to exclude certain files from processing?

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with finding where the code is to change 2 things...

The new items box (standard on the bottom of the index page) is still in black. I wanted to change this to another color but i can't seem to find where to do this.

I've had a look in the stylesheet.css and in the code that makes up this table but i can't find where to do this. I also had a look with Firebug, It shows me that the tag <td bgcolor="#000000"> is responsable for this but when i look for using dreamweaver (search entire site) it doesn't find a single tag in the entire site.

I'm using STS v4.5.3 and an extra language as addon.

The second thing that i cannot figure out is where to change the width of the border of the infoboxes. They now have a large (about 3-4px) black border around them also this has cost me many hours to find out where this can be adjusted.

Thanks in advance guys.

Niki

P.S. you can find the webshop itself here

Hello all

I love this contribution and use it already on three shops, more to come... but there is one Problem i could net find out how to do...

I have a file called google_sitemap.php that i wish that STS does not process as this is (obviously) the sitemap for google.. i think i have to do that in the sts class or so where it always searches for certain tags in the HTML and excludes evrything before and after the matching <-- body text ---> comment. but so far could no manage to get this working. Any other suggestion? Maybe there should be a possibility in the Module to exclude certain files from processing?

Post #3669

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1222434

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with finding where the code is to change 2 things...

The new items box (standard on the bottom of the index page) is still in black. I wanted to change this to another color but i can't seem to find where to do this.

I've had a look in the stylesheet.css and in the code that makes up this table but i can't find where to do this. I also had a look with Firebug, It shows me that the tag <td bgcolor="#000000"> is responsable for this but when i look for using dreamweaver (search entire site) it doesn't find a single tag in the entire site.

I'm using STS v4.5.3 and an extra language as addon.

The second thing that i cannot figure out is where to change the width of the border of the infoboxes. They now have a large (about 3-4px) black border around them also this has cost me many hours to find out where this can be adjusted.

Thanks in advance guys.

Niki

P.S. you can find the webshop itself here

You may need to upgrade to v4.5.8 as I think their was a bug regarding the new products box with your version. I can't remember for certain.

Regarding your infoboxes:

Most of the color and border changes that you mentioned would be in your stylesheet. Temporarily turn off your stylesheet to know for sure.

The width can easily be adjusted directly in your template itself.

;) If you are using infobox templates, then review the following tips:

Post #3772

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1227769

Post #3757

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1227006

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello again,

I have a (hopefully) easy question. How can I link to my "What's New" page in my STS template? I'm not looking for the what's new infobox, just a text link.

I would like a link to that page next to "My Account" on my top navigation bar. I guess I could just link to products_new.php but I figured that was not the correct way to do it. I couldn't find anything related to this in the user manual or by searching the forums using google. (I think... I could be looking at the wrong part).

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

Sarah,

There are a couple of options to do this.

1. You can create a new STS tag in your includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file:
    $sts->template['urlcontactus'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'SSL');
    $sts->template['urlconditions'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS, '', 'SSL');
    $sts->template['urlreviews'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'SSL');

The above examples create 3 new tags: $urlcontactus (link to contact_us.php), $urlconditions (link to conditions.php) and $urlreviews (link to reviews.php).

2. Create the link directly in your template as so:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('reviews.php', 'NONSSL'); ?>">See my Reviews</a>

3. Here is how you would link Categories and Products:

STS Link to a category:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php', 'cPath=21&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Category Name Here</a>

STS Link to a product:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=53&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Product Name Here</a>

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Well since there are 254 pages of info and search isn't narrowing things down beyond telling me somewhere in the 254 pages might be my answer, guess I'll post and see what I get. After searching and reading for a couple days now I still don't have an answer so here goes.

Got a new osc setup, with the STS 4.5.8 setup, managed to work with my stylesheet and get satisfied for an initial setup. Think I have the Carousel setup already, once I get to adding it to a template (not verified yet but all file mods and uploads have been made)

The store has about 8 catagories, 2 of which I want to have the $content display a repeating table of the catalog (almost 500 items in one catagory and 100 in the other) 4 or 5 columns of icons linking to product details. I have DW CS4 so this is no problem, I can do, without to much loss of hair.

Figure I need to create an html template for the $content area. As I see so far, I create an html as 'tabledisplay.php.html' in the '/catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/content' folder, how do I call it to $content when someone selects one of the 2 catagories only.

My Html is fairly good, but my php and java is "just enough to be dangerous".

Quick question... How do I prevent the prices from showing on the new products module on the main page (Products for...)? I tried editing catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php by changing:

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

to:

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a>)));

but it messes my shop up. Everything disappears (columns, images, everything except the main text). So I am guessing this has to do with STS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Never mind... Nothing to do with STS. There was an error on the code... It should have been:

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a>');

I'm just posting it here so that someone else can use it, if needed.

Sorry!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Can anyone offer any tips on modifying the content template. (product.info.php_26.html I have looked it over but there seems to be lots of place holders in it that are already in the left and right columns. And yes I have been reading on this I just wish that the person who made these instructions in PDF format also made them in .doc the text in the pdf file is so small even with my glasses on I cant read what I printed, and i'm the type that like to print and read and study away from the PC.

Pat

Hi

I want to edit the conent part of my homepage of my shop. Should I make a new template based on test/sts_template.html, rename it index.php_0.html, remove the $content placeholder and replace it with my own content, or is there a way of putting a html file in the content folder so I don't have to worry about the outside banners and just change the content part. Sorry just couldn't figure out the name of the file for the homepage content part to put in the content folder. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry, if the question was asked already (I used the search, but could not read 255 pages of answers :blink: )

I want to use my own product_info content area.

I put my own product_info.php.html in the content directory and I installed the STS product_info module in the admin area.

But nothing happend - the default template is shown.

Can anybody help me with this question.

I really hope someone reads this and can offer a suggestion. It seems that all of a sudden my product info pages stopped reading the CSS file. I was working on only one page trying to get a background to show up in the middle section. The only thing I altered in the CSS file was that I created a class for the background. Then I put the class on one page and all of a suddenbow none of my 20 info pages are reading the CSS file. I even removed the class from the CSS file and still did not change anything. This is really strange that it is doing this and I can not understand why. Can anyone else offer any tips/

Pat