• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I don´t get it, do not understand what i have to do, i am not a php programmer, some more simple instructions would be great.

I'm sorry that you do not get it but since this is not directly related to STS, its as far as I am going to go in this thread. Everything that you need is posted above. I just tried the example in the catalog/product_info.php file and it worked.

Here is another link for support on this topic.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi all, I have been searching the forums for a while now, and I have seen the question asked, but could not find an answer.

In the catogary drop down menu ($catmenu) I would like to change the spelling on the top level header from catalog to catalogue. I have change all the other references in english.php etc, but can not find where to change this last one.

I have search the DB on the chance that it is being pulled from there but to no joy.

Any help would be great as the only option would be to remove it the drop down box completly.

Many thanks

Jimmy

Hi all, I have been searching the forums for a while now, and I have seen the question asked, but could not find an answer.

In the catogary drop down menu ($catmenu) I would like to change the spelling on the top level header from catalog to catalogue. I have change all the other references in english.php etc, but can not find where to change this last one.

I have search the DB on the chance that it is being pulled from there but to no joy.

Any help would be great as the only option would be to remove it the drop down box completly.

Many thanks

Jimmy

Found it, for those who are looking for this it is in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php around line 42

look for if (!is_array($category_tree_array)) $category_tree_array = array();

if ( (sizeof($category_tree_array) < 1) && ($exclude != '0') ) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => '0', 'text' => "Catalog"); Change this to what ever suits.

You can see it at our site www.scootssuitsandboots.com

Hey Sts guru's... I'm pretty new to oSCommerce and the STS system. So please forgive me if this is as n00by (as i hope).

I have the current versions of Osc and STS installed and working fine, and have managed to make most of the template changes i wanted pretty easily thanx to STS..

BUT.. I have been banging my head against a wall for hours now.. I want my catalog / catagory list to list all the products full infomation.

i.e. Catagory 1

thumb1 | product name / desc | options / buy now

thumb2 | product name / desc | options / buy now

thumb3 | product name / desc | options / buy now

Rather then the standard

thumb1 | productname | more info/ buy now

can this be done? i would of thought it to be pretty simple. But i have searched all over and still haven't found out how to do it..

thank you in advance, bigdm

I would like to know this as well.

I have also been searching and reading various threads to another thing I am searching for pertaing to the STS system.

I am using the Modern Template for the STS however I don't want the categories/Sub-categories expanding out to the right of the Main Category folder. I would like to have it like the default templates of OSCommerce has ie:

Main Cat

Sub Cat

Sub Sub Cat

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Found it, for those who are looking for this it is in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php around line 42

look for if (!is_array($category_tree_array)) $category_tree_array = array();

if ( (sizeof($category_tree_array) < 1) && ($exclude != '0') ) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => '0', 'text' => "Catalog"); Change this to what ever suits.

You can see it at our site www.scootssuitsandboots.com

Yes, since the catmenu is a "custom" user tag that is not native to osCommerce, it would be listed within the sts_inc folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I would like to know this as well.

I have also been searching and reading various threads to another thing I am searching for pertaing to the STS system.

I am using the Modern Template for the STS however I don't want the categories/Sub-categories expanding out to the right of the Main Category folder. I would like to have it like the default templates of OSCommerce has ie:

Main Cat

Sub Cat

Sub Sub Cat

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Your answer is as close as the instructions that I inserted into the Modern Template for STS download. It states that if you do not want the CSS menu, simply remove the custom CSS menu tag and insert the default category menu tag in its place. Veolia...you have the default osCommerce menu back.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Your answer is as close as the instructions that I inserted into the Modern Template for STS download. It states that if you do not want the CSS menu, simply remove the custom CSS menu tag and insert the default category menu tag in its place. Veolia...you have the default osCommerce menu back.

Yup and I read the docs as I have for the last 18 Contributions I have installed without issue and when I went to the script catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php and searched for the string in the sts_column_left.php script for $category_cssmenu since you made mention of this and thought that is what I needed to search for in EditPlus and I got this:

Cannot find string "$category_cssmenu"

I also searched for "categories_cssmenu.php" to get another direction and this is all I found

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories_cssmenu.php');

Thats my reasoning for asking this question. Sorry for not being as script savvy as some, but I did put forth the effort ;).

Yup and I read the docs as I have for the last 18 Contributions I have installed without issue and when I went to the script catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php and searched for the string in the sts_column_left.php script for $category_cssmenu since you made mention of this and thought that is what I needed to search for in EditPlus and I got this:

Cannot find string "$category_cssmenu"

I also searched for "categories_cssmenu.php" to get another direction and this is all I found

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories_cssmenu.php');

Thats my reasoning for asking this question. Sorry for not being as script savvy as some, but I did put forth the effort ;) .

Ron,

Look in the install.txt from the Modern Template for STS contribution:

Notes regarding this STS template:

In order to display the custom categories CSS menu, a new STS tag ($category_cssmenu) was created in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php. This tag pulls in the new categories_cssmenu.php file included in this contribution. You still have the option of using the default category menu by simply removing the STS tag $category_cssmenu from your template page and then add in the STS tag $categorybox in its place.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Having problems with ccgv and sts, had a look and did find it mentioned a few years back, saying how many hours did it take to get it to work? but with no solutions available on I needed to check not sure where to go on this.

If there is anyone out there that can provide the files and or instructions to integrate the ccgv with sts, i would be ever so grateful. As it stands the gift voucher sort of works but the copons wont redeem.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Having problems with ccgv and sts, had a look and did find it mentioned a few years back, saying how many hours did it take to get it to work? but with no solutions available on I needed to check not sure where to go on this.

If there is anyone out there that can provide the files and or instructions to integrate the ccgv with sts, i would be ever so grateful. As it stands the gift voucher sort of works but the copons wont redeem.

Thanks

I'm not aware of any issues. I have them both installed in several shops. You may need to check your installation of CCGV, maybe a bogus version, I'm not sure.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Dillon,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Your issue is most likely due to uploading some of the catalog files over the admin files, therefore over-writing critical files on the admin side.

***NOTE: STSv4.5.8 will only work with osCommerce RC2a and below. It will not function on osCommerce v3.05a. None of the current osCommerce add-ons will not work on v3.05a.

1. Restore your backup or reinstall osCommerce.
  2. Reinstall STSv4.5.8 following the directions closely and keeping the folder structure in place.

Thanks! I had tried it twice before this post but i looked more carefully and saw a file that didnt get transfered!

-Dillon

I haven't find anything about this already.

What are the plans for STS on osCommerce 3?

Juan,

I was waiting for the final v3 release as I knew it would include some type of template system. With that said, Although v3.05a has a template system in place, it does not have a template engine so this leaves the door open for STS development for osCv3.

I am working on this but if anyone else beats me to it that is OK too. Its not about me anyway as this project is about all of us.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Ok back again now that Bill has straightened me out with my previous stupid and I mean stupid post earlier as I did overlook an important aspect. THANK YOU very Much Bill for your patinece, very much appreciated ;)

But anyways here is my situation. I have been able to successfully install everything STS and the Modern Template for STS without issue and got my other Category box resolved. I have also been able to successfully add 3 new boxes to the Modern Template.

Now I have tried using the format listed in the Manual and on several posts I found in the forum for 1 other Contribution but having some issues with it.

RapidSSL Box by olsonsp4c - I have this displaying on the home page just fine but have 2 javascript errors which I believe is coming from this issue - when I click on the link under the RapidSSL image nothing happens. I know there is a place to put the javascript code, just not sure where though.

$sts->start_capture();
// RapidSSL Infobox
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'rapidssl.php');
$sts->stop_capture('rapidssl', 'box');

I have searched Google sing this format to help me locate issues pertaining to this issue using the format of [Contribution] sts v4 Radpidssl but nothing showed in relevance as to this situation.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ron

Ok back again now that Bill has straightened me out with my previous stupid and I mean stupid post earlier as I did overlook an important aspect. THANK YOU very Much Bill for your patinece, very much appreciated ;)

But anyways here is my situation. I have been able to successfully install everything STS and the Modern Template for STS without issue and got my other Category box resolved. I have also been able to successfully add 3 new boxes to the Modern Template.

Now I have tried using the format listed in the Manual and on several posts I found in the forum for 1 other Contribution but having some issues with it.

RapidSSL Box by olsonsp4c - I have this displaying on the home page just fine but have 2 javascript errors which I believe is coming from this issue - when I click on the link under the RapidSSL image nothing happens. I know there is a place to put the javascript code, just not sure where though.

$sts->start_capture();
// RapidSSL Infobox
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'rapidssl.php');
$sts->stop_capture('rapidssl', 'box');

I have searched Google sing this format to help me locate issues pertaining to this issue using the format of [Contribution] sts v4 Radpidssl but nothing showed in relevance as to this situation.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ron

Ron,

Your box code is correct so no problems there. I'm not sure what JavaScript errors you would be since the JavaScript is included in the popup script of the contribution so no external JavaScript is required. Maybe you should post a question in that contributions support thread regarding the error message.

Then, be sure you have the basic STS tags in each of your templates. These tags are listed in the sample "blank" template in the template folder called "test". The basic tags bring in data such as meta tag info, external JavaScript, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your prompt reply. After posting this I went back into the template where I added the boxes and started to remove the ones I added starting with the RapidSSL and saved the template and uploaded to see what was causing the error. Well after removing each one individually, saving and uploading back to the server none of them that were removed, removed the javascript Error. Probably another error on my part, LOL.

I will look into it more though.

But the Error is as such:

Line: 49

Char: 3

Error: 'document.getElementById[...]' is null or not an object

Code: 0

URL: http://www.mydomain.com/

Now every page I go to produces the same error so I am sure something isn't right on my end and will let you know how I made out. If anyone has ever received this error in the past would you be so kind in posting what you did to correct it?

Thanks much and Again Bill thanks for the prompt reply.

Ron

UPDATE...

I found the issue. Since I wasn't using the flyout menu I didn't remove this code from the sts.template.html.

<script type="text/javascript">

//SuckerTree Vertical Menu (Aug 4th, 06)
//By Dynamic Drive: [url="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/"]http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/[/url]

var menuids=["suckertree1"] //Enter id(s) of SuckerTree UL menus, separated by commas

function buildsubmenus(){
for (var i=0; i<menuids.length; i++){
 var ultags=document.getElementById(menuids[i]).getElementsByTagName("ul")
for (var t=0; t<ultags.length; t++){
ultags[t].parentNode.getElementsByTagName("a")[0].className="subfolderstyle"
ultags[t].parentNode.onmouseover=function(){
this.getElementsByTagName("ul")[0].style.display="block"
}
ultags[t].parentNode.onmouseout=function(){
this.getElementsByTagName("ul")[0].style.display="none"
}
}
 }
}

if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener("load", buildsubmenus, false)
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent("onload", buildsubmenus)

</script>

Once I removed that the Javascript went away. Not sure if this was the proper way of removing the error but at least it worked for now.

Now I need to figure out why the Link at the bottom of the RapidSSL image does not work. But now when I click that link I get another Javascript Error it says

Error: Object Expected. So now I got to figure this one out or just remove the link all together.

ROn

This is probably an embarressingly stupid problem but when I try to save includes\sts_templates\full\boxes\infobox.php.html I keep getting the error cannot save webpage. Should I be saving the source code rather than the html files? I would be grateful for any advice or posts to point me in the right direction.

This is probably an embarressingly stupid problem but when I try to save includes\sts_templates\full\boxes\infobox.php.html I keep getting the error cannot save webpage. Should I be saving the source code rather than the html files? I would be grateful for any advice or posts to point me in the right direction.

This would have to do with either your web editor settings or file pemissions on your web server. Every file within your includes folder should be writable.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This would have to do with either your web editor settings or file pemissions on your web server. Every file within your includes folder should be writable.

Thank you very much for your assistance, it has resolved itself, a strange one for sure as I have been trying to install for the last 24hours and did nothing different and it uploaded fine. Thanks again.

Hi please look at this topic http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1386076. It's a very strange issue and BTW the default oscommerce structure doesn't do this. If you have an idea please reply here quoting this reply.

It's best to post the entire issue in this thread as this is the STS Support Thread.

Hi, am using STS and have applied style to infoboxes. Problem is that when one table isn't selected it still renders some of the styling! For example I add 1px border around info boxes, if one of the info boxes isn't displayed it adds 2px margin where that invisible info box would normaly be if needed. I've tested and it's the 1px border (1x2=2), it's rendering border but really funny thing is it doesn't render the color of border. Any ideas?

This is most likely due to your template (a stock osCommerce does not use STS so it doesn't really matter here).

Did you know that you could create a template for each individual infobox and add the border there? You can also add the border to the infobox CSS class in the stylesheet.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I´m using sts and want insert a javascript at my index page, how ca I do that? Sorry for the bad eng

You would add JavaScript to your template just as you would any other web page. If you only want it to appear in your home page, then you would add it to your index.php_0.html template only.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello :)

I'm hoping somewhere here can point me in the right direction as to what files I should be double checking. I am trying to add an option to a slave product. For some reason it isn't showing up when viewing the Master or when clicking to Buy Now or Add to Cart. I can see options if I apply them to the Master products, but not to the Slaves. I do realize that this is the STS thread and not the Master Products thread - but I'm pretty sure there is an STS page that affects the display of the product_info.php file - isn't there?

I can find php coding for options on the catalog/product_info.php file and on the includes/modules/master_listing.php file. However, I don't have any options coding on the includes/modules/product_listing.php file. Should I? Any other files you can think of that I should check for the display of products? Should the options show in the cart?

Sorry - I've done so much modification and it was so long ago that I'm trying to jog my memory :blush:

~Tracy