• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

does anyone else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Here is an image showing how the product attributes are showing next to each other, not listed vertically.

product_info_attributes.png

How can I fix this?? My product_info.php.html template has this:

<table class="options">
		<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td>$optionnames$</td>
			<td>$optionchoices$</td>
		  </tr>		
		</tbody>
	  </table>

per the documentation.

also, I am getting the $mopics$ variable printed out, instead of the No Image image that shows on all the other pages. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

Edited by jrthor2

What exactly do you mean by page template? how does that differ from a content template and how do I make one?

Well a product page template is a template of the whole website when your on a product_info page. Where as a content template only changes the layout in.. $content.. your main content box.

-----

I have a question.

Is there anyway to show a row of New Products in your main content box ($content)? As $whatsnewbox only shows 1 product and I have to place it under $content on my HTML file which means this shows up on every page. I only want a row of new products to show on the index page.

Any ideas?

Well a product page template is a template of the whole website when your on a product_info page. Where as a content template only changes the layout in.. $content.. your main content box.

-----

I have a question.

Is there anyway to show a row of New Products in your main content box ($content)? As $whatsnewbox only shows 1 product and I have to place it under $content on my HTML file which means this shows up on every page. I only want a row of new products to show on the index page.

Any ideas?

You do know that you can create a home page template separate from your other template pages. Simply name it index.php_0.html.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Ok forget about that for the moment as I have a more serious problem which I'm sure others have had!

Please, take a look at my shop (as it's the best way at explaining the problem): www.coastelectronics.co.uk/shop

Please remember its still under construction.

The problem lies on the, "Blackberry" products page. As you can see, the page has split in pieces. The page was fine when I had only 8 products. But adding another to make 9 products splits the page. Also the same in "List View". I don't know why this has happened as their not even at the bottom of the page yet. You can see there the bottom is, but the white has stretched over it.

Now I'm not sure how this can be done but I need a way to automatically extend the page somehow. So the products can fit on there. Is there anyway this can be done?..

Please let me know, Regards.

Edited by jakedavi

Ok forget about that for the moment as I have a more serious problem which I'm sure others have had!

Please, take a look at my shop (as it's the best way at explaining the problem): www.coastelectronics.co.uk/shop

Please remember its still under construction.

The problem lies on the, "Blackberry" products page. As you can see, the page has split in pieces. The page was fine when I had only 8 products. But adding another to make 9 products splits the page. Also the same in "List View". I don't know why this has happened as their not even at the bottom of the page yet. You can see there the bottom is, but the white has stretched over it.

Now I'm not sure how this can be done but I need a way to automatically extend the page somehow. So the products can fit on there. Is there anyway this can be done?..

Please let me know, Regards.

JD,

This has nothing to do with STS but more to do with your HTML or CSS in your template. Please search the web for info on how to create fluid layouts, table cells, CSS, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have a question about the files in the download.

the instructions say "Upload the new "/modernrc2a/" template folder and all of its contents to your "your-domain.com/catalog/includes/sts_templates/" folder. " and then there are some *optional* files to upload in the optional folder. What about the other files in the catalog folder? There is some mention of breadcrumbs, etc. but what about the others? Are they necessary? Are they optional? What do they do?

Also I put the images into the sts_templates/modernrc2a/images folder (instead of catalog/images where they were in the download) but they are still showing the default oscommerce images. Oh wait they are showing different images but default buttons. Is there a way to change that per template, that will restore upon not using the STS system within the store? That way Continue, etc., could be changed for holidays etc.

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a question about the files in the download.

the instructions say "Upload the new "/modernrc2a/" template folder and all of its contents to your "your-domain.com/catalog/includes/sts_templates/" folder. " and then there are some *optional* files to upload in the optional folder. What about the other files in the catalog folder? There is some mention of breadcrumbs, etc. but what about the others? Are they necessary? Are they optional? What do they do?

Also I put the images into the sts_templates/modernrc2a/images folder (instead of catalog/images where they were in the download) but they are still showing the default oscommerce images. Oh wait they are showing different images but default buttons. Is there a way to change that per template, that will restore upon not using the STS system within the store? That way Continue, etc., could be changed for holidays etc.

You are referring to the STS Add-on from the Power Pack site.

Yes, if you want your template to look exactly as the screen shots, then you will need to upload everything that is inside of the catalog folder. The template folder is the only thing that is required but the other files are there for your convienence. For example, tranparent image files are included that hide the corners of the infoboxes to allow the infoboxes to blend into the template. The instructions give the details of the remaining extra files.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You are referring to the STS Add-on from the Power Pack site.

Yes, if you want your template to look exactly as the screen shots, then you will need to upload everything that is inside of the catalog folder. The template folder is the only thing that is required but the other files are there for your convienence. For example, tranparent image files are included that hide the corners of the infoboxes to allow the infoboxes to blend into the template. The instructions give the details of the remaining extra files.

Well if those files are already modified then I'm not sure if I want to upload/overwrite them. That's all.

I installed STS on a new store and now cannot find a way to edit meta tags.

Is it necessary to install HTC? Is there a way to control tags without it?

btw I noticed it's crucial to install STS before HTC or you end up overwriting files or something. At least in my 2nd store I installed both HTC first and then STS and it all messed up. The top of the store just says " HEADER_TITLE_TOP » HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT | HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS | HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT" -- horrible

I installed STS on a new store and now cannot find a way to edit meta tags.

Is it necessary to install HTC? Is there a way to control tags without it?

btw I noticed it's crucial to install STS before HTC or you end up overwriting files or something. At least in my 2nd store I installed both HTC first and then STS and it all messed up. The top of the store just says " HEADER_TITLE_TOP » HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT | HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS | HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT" -- horrible

TIP: It is not necessary to install HTC before or after STS. No matter what contribution you add to your store, you ALWAYS need to be aware of your existing contributions that are already installed. This is done fairly easily using a File Comparison Utility such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge.

Regarding Meta Tags: Since osCommerce is serving up dynamic pages, I strongly recommend HTC SEO add-on by Jack. You should install his latest release. Jack provides excellent support of his contributions and I communicate with him anything relating to STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

Any news about making Ajax Shopping cart compatible with STS ?! huh.gif

Been wating for 3 months or so... :(

Thank you

At the moment I am too busy supporting my family to fix anything wrong with contributions that I did not author.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Is there anyway to show a row of New Products in your main content box ($content)? As $whatsnewbox only shows 1 product.

Regards.

Yes, install the Featured Products contribution and STS will automatically pull in this data using the $content tag.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Well if those files are already modified then I'm not sure if I want to upload/overwrite them. That's all.

Same answer as above post...Use a File Comparison Utility such as Beyond Compare to merge in the differences. Very Easy to do especially since I provided the files with the code changes already present.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

I'm having troubles making a placeholder for a new file i just created for my oscommerce site.

Here is the error output :

Warning: require(/skydog/catalog/splitres.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/terencepires/Sites/htdocs/skydog/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 34

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/skydog/catalog/splitres.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Users/terencepires/Sites/htdocs/skydog/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 34

And here is the placeholder's code :

$sts->start_capture();

require('/skydog/catalog/splitres.php');

$sts->stop_capture('$artists', 'box');

the path to the file is good, I just don't understand what could be wrong !

Can you help me ?

Hi Bill,

I'm having troubles making a placeholder for a new file i just created for my oscommerce site.

Here is the error output :

Warning: require(/skydog/catalog/splitres.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/terencepires/Sites/htdocs/skydog/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 34

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/skydog/catalog/splitres.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Users/terencepires/Sites/htdocs/skydog/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 34

And here is the placeholder's code :

$sts->start_capture();

require('/skydog/catalog/splitres.php');

$sts->stop_capture('$artists', 'box');

the path to the file is good, I just don't understand what could be wrong !

Can you help me ?

You have some errors in your code:

Try this:

$sts->start_capture(); 
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'splitres.php'); 
$sts->stop_capture('artists');

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You have some errors in your code:

Try this:

$sts->start_capture(); 
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'splitres.php'); 
$sts->stop_capture('artists');

Many thanks Bill for your brilliant support, it works perfectly now !!

Cheers

Terence

I've installed the easy meta tags v1-6. On my index page and the product pages the meta tags are fine, however on other pages all that shows up is HEADING_TITLE. In those pages I've added the <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?> to the header. An example of this is http://inveniotechnology.com/clients.php.

If anyone can provide any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

I've installed the easy meta tags v1-6. On my index page and the product pages the meta tags are fine, however on other pages all that shows up is HEADING_TITLE. In those pages I've added the <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?> to the header. An example of this is http://inveniotechnology.com/clients.php.

If anyone can provide any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

In my opinion, you would have been better off installing HTC SEO contribution to handle your meta tags.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

In my opinion, you would have been better off installing HTC SEO contribution to handle your meta tags.

I appreciate the advice. Can you give a brief explanation why?

Much appreciated,

Dale