• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I can't get STS to do anything.

Working with a clean install of oscommerce 2.2RC2 and the latest copy of sts4.5.8(the one under the spanish edition/version), I then copied all the needed files(I've checked and they were all correctly copied). I then log in to admin panel,

modules-->sts--> click install default--> edit, change use template value to true-->click update.

Now, I should see the immediate change on my catalog page, right? But I don't. It remains the same.

What are the options here?

Hi,

Can you help me with my problem. Is it possible to use STS template in Wishlist 2.0? Is there a way to connect this 2 addon?

Thanks in advance.. ^_^ ^_^

Have you tried it yet??

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I can't get STS to do anything.

Working with a clean install of oscommerce 2.2RC2 and the latest copy of sts4.5.8(the one under the spanish edition/version), I then copied all the needed files(I've checked and they were all correctly copied). I then log in to admin panel,

modules-->sts--> click install default--> edit, change use template value to true-->click update.

Now, I should see the immediate change on my catalog page, right? But I don't. It remains the same.

No help?

No help?

I find it difficult to provide FREE STS support when one begins with:

"I can't get STS to do anything."

STS is very powerful and very easy to install. Please follow the directions very closely. If all else fails, use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare your installed files with those from the contribution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I find it difficult to provide FREE STS support when one begins with:

STS is very powerful and very easy to install. Please follow the directions very closely. If all else fails, use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare your installed files with those from the contribution.

Hi Bill!

I wonder if you can give me some hint how i can manage to include the additional_image to product_info.php.html.

Is there a guide or something how to include contributions in sts? how to code for example attributes etc etc so i can figure out how to make the codes for the different logics of each contribution i want to make possible to include in product_info.php.html?

Regards Tony

Hey Bill, thank you very much for the Free Support on STS. I appreciate it a lot and I bet many of us feel the same way.

Hello everybody,

I have a question. Do any of you have successfully installed Ajax Search Suggest with STS?

:P Let me know!

Mulldog.

STS works. I know it's a long process to get it installed at your site but don't give up. Maybe the version you installed is buggy but I have installed this contribution many times and I haven't had a problem. If you picked the Spanish version... well, there might a chance that the instructions are not 100% correct. This is the version I always install:

* Simple Template System (STS)

==============================

Latest version of STS is 4.5.8 - 13 Jun 2008

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1524

Now, when you install it.. make sure you copy and paste the code provided and read instructions at least twice to make sure you are doing it well.

By the way... when you go to Modules > STS > and you enable the STS Module you will see that in the options panel there is a Folder/Directory field where you can specify which template to use. You might be seeing a template that is very similar to the standard osCommerce's template. Look at your folders under Templates STS and I think you should find a couple of Template sets... like "Test" and "Full". Change the directory field to either one of them and see if the look of your site changes. What I do... is to duplicate the "Full" test and rename it to whatever I want.... and then build my own template around it.

I hope it helps!

Ed.

Hi Bill!

I wonder if you can give me some hint how i can manage to include the additional_image to product_info.php.html.

Is there a guide or something how to include contributions in sts? how to code for example attributes etc etc so i can figure out how to make the codes for the different logics of each contribution i want to make possible to include in product_info.php.html?

Regards Tony

Tony,

STS works seamlessly with most contributions that are coded "correctly" to osC standards, meaning they follow the same suit as a typical page/function is written in a stock osCommerce shop.

UltraPics adds a lot of custom functions that STS will automatically pick up in the page templates using the $content variable. What you are wanting is for STS to pick up the custom code from UltraPics in a content template and not use the standard $content variable. This is fine as STS allows those "in the know" to integrate custom code into a "content template" and the sky is the limit. The key here is those "in the know".

You will need to take the code that UltraPics integrates into the stock osC product_info.php file and integrate it into the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file.

At the moment I do not have the time to write the code for you. Try one of the image variables at a time until you get it right. The rest should be a breeze after that.

FYI: As I mentioned above, STS will work flawlessly with UltraPics as long as you do not use the product_info content template. You may find it easier to go this route and simply modify the stock product_info.php file the way you want it. If you have a lot of contributions that effect the product_info.php file, I suggest this method.

Sorry I could not be much of a help,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I think i've got 4.5.8 loaded - does anyone know if this is compatible with Mysql5?

The host is upgrading to Mysql5 in the near future so I'm trying to find out which contributions are/may be effected. nothing more.

Thanks for the reply - that's one more i can tick off!

Hi everybody,

i used oscommerce on two online stores with a lot of contributions, and thank you all for that, is very powerfull.

Now, i have a fresh install on my computer local, instaled with succes.

I tried to use EXACTLY the indications in documentation to install STS 4.5.8, but after i replaced all the files when i acces localhost/admin there is a blank page.

No error, just blank page.

Actually i can't acces my admin section to enable STS.

The oscommerse was fresh installed, with no modification.

Searching for answer i found this topic.

I checked twice, and the indications is exactly like is describe in documentation to install STS.

I search for code like in manual install to see , and looks ok.

Before install STS, admin works great.

Any sugestions?

Thank you in advance,

Edmond

Me, again :)

I guess i have no luck with STS in this evening..

After i enabled, installed buton, and update the setting via admin on Modules/STS in catalog main page is nothing.

Only blank page, without any errors.

If i set to false the STS default, back to normal oscommerce.

The paths are correct to sts templates, to test, etc.

There is another precess to enable STS ?

Thank you

I every body i want to make a different template for my infobox's

all are working but not this

infobox_categorybox.php.html

is it wrong or is it not supportet?

ok i have found the right name for it

infobox_categories.php.html

Hi Bill,

I really like sts and the new template which is provided with Power Pack - thanks much!

After I installed STS + Power Pack + Couple of Contributions my store looks like this: http://tangoadamor.com/store/index.php

I have questions about HTC.

1. Is Power Pack have Header Tags Controller already installed or do I have to install it? Is it works the same for sts? How can I enter meta tags? I could not find documentation in sts manual.

2. In STS manual I found topic "Replace Page Heading Title with the name of Categories or Subcategories", which I would like to use , but it have following warning *Attention HTC users* Do not use this hack if you are using the Header Tags Controller modifications to the catalog/index.php file. HTC uses settings in the admin to dynamically add the page title and category descriptions. But I don't see any...

I am confused,

Lana

I paged through the forums (albeit slowly, as these forums are SLOW from behind the Great Firewall) but couldn't find anything relevant to the problem at hand.

The store: www.de-maritime.com/store

My STS settings:

Default: Use Templates? true Code for debug output debug Files for normal template sts_user_code.php Base folder includes/sts_templates/ Template folder full Default template file sts_template.html Use template for infoboxes false

Popup Image: True, popup_image.php

When clicking on any of the life buoys on the two test products we have up, I only get the index page template. Did I miss a step somewhere upon installation? I edited popup_image.php.html only adding a copyright notice. And according to the instructions, it'll look for that if it's present, otherwise using popup_image.php from the catalog page.

Only other contributes I have is easypopulate & Header Tags SEO installed before this.

Also, I know I read somewhere that STS can be used to make simple HTML pages that have nothing to do with osCommerce pages but would still be "wrapped" into the storefront. Is this the case? I need to make a few contact forms that none of the contribs can handle. Probably using a java pop-up similar to the image preview.

Cheers,

Eric

I paged through the forums (albeit slowly, as these forums are SLOW from behind the Great Firewall) but couldn't find anything relevant to the problem at hand.

The store: www.de-maritime.com/store

My STS settings:

Default: Use Templates? true Code for debug output debug Files for normal template sts_user_code.php Base folder includes/sts_templates/ Template folder full Default template file sts_template.html Use template for infoboxes false

Popup Image: True, popup_image.php

When clicking on any of the life buoys on the two test products we have up, I only get the index page template. Did I miss a step somewhere upon installation? I edited popup_image.php.html only adding a copyright notice. And according to the instructions, it'll look for that if it's present, otherwise using popup_image.php from the catalog page.

Only other contributes I have is easypopulate & Header Tags SEO installed before this.

Also, I know I read somewhere that STS can be used to make simple HTML pages that have nothing to do with osCommerce pages but would still be "wrapped" into the storefront. Is this the case? I need to make a few contact forms that none of the contribs can handle. Probably using a java pop-up similar to the image preview.

Cheers,

Eric

You should NEVER enable the "Use Search Engine Friendly URLS" as the code is still in development. Disable this in the admin. If you need this option, install one of the SEO URL contributions instead.

As for the pages, follow my step by step for "Adding new pages using STS" that is available in the STS Add-on site named STS Power Pack (see link in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

I really like sts and the new template which is provided with Power Pack - thanks much!

After I installed STS + Power Pack + Couple of Contributions my store looks like this: http://tangoadamor.com/store/index.php

I have questions about HTC.

1. Is Power Pack have Header Tags Controller already installed or do I have to install it? Is it works the same for sts? How can I enter meta tags? I could not find documentation in sts manual.

2. In STS manual I found topic "Replace Page Heading Title with the name of Categories or Subcategories", which I would like to use , but it have following warning *Attention HTC users* Do not use this hack if you are using the Header Tags Controller modifications to the catalog/index.php file. HTC uses settings in the admin to dynamically add the page title and category descriptions. But I don't see any...

I am confused,

Lana

STS Power Pack is NOT a contribution but rather a COLLECTION of STS Add-ons. For example: You can find a FREE STS Template to add to your already installed STSv4.5.8 installation on the STS Power Pack site.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am setting up a new shop using STS 4.5.8 and I would like to be able to have the category box as a long menu with all the categories and sub categories listed on it, without needing to click on a category to see its subcategories. I implemented this with a contribution on another shop (without STS). You can see it here:

http://ayurvedayogashop.com

I tried to install the same contribution (Box Categories Pro), but for some reason it would break my store, so I am guessing that it is not compatible with STS, since it's a pretty simple, straightforward contribution.

Is there any way I can create this type of category box using STS?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Is there any documentation to load EP Easypopulate 2.76g and STS 4.5.8 together? Or at least some FYI's in how to combine the two without writing over some files that both may use?

I loaded OSC 2.2RC2a, worked perfectly. Loaded EP, worked perfectly. I then loaded STS 4.5.8 and now, when I try to log into

catalog/admin, I get the error below.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/apluscp1/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sts.php on line 181

I am afraid to back out STS 4 because in doing so, this does not mean that the error will go away if it is EP giving the error because files were changed while uploading STS4.

So, the million dollar question is? Has anybody had this happen to them and what was you resolution. Is there a way that I can install both contribs without this error? I need my admin.....

Thanks

Edited by beanzy

Is there any documentation to load EP Easypopulate 2.76g and STS 4.5.8 together? Or at least some FYI's in how to combine the two without writing over some files that both may use?

I loaded OSC 2.2RC2a, worked perfectly. Loaded EP, worked perfectly. I then loaded STS 4.5.8 and now, when I try to log into

catalog/admin, I get the error below.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/apluscp1/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sts.php on line 181

I am afraid to back out STS 4 because in doing so, this does not mean that the error will go away if it is EP giving the error because files were changed while uploading STS4.

So, the million dollar question is? Has anybody had this happen to them and what was you resolution. Is there a way that I can install both contribs without this error? I need my admin.....

Thanks

Roy,

The best option for you would have been to do a "manual" installation instead of simply uploading files from STS over your existing EP modified files. The copy files method is only suggested over a stock osCommerce in which the code base has not been messed with.

At this point, the best option for you (in my opinion) would be to use a file comparison utility such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare your current files with those files from EP and even STS. I can bet that EP and STS DO NOT share any of the same lines of code but DO SHARE some of the same files. This would be very easy to merge the two together and hopefully fix your issue.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions