• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hmmm... wondering if there is a way in the catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php with this bit of code:

$sts->template['templatedir'] = substr(((($request_type == 'SSL') ? DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG) . STS_TEMPLATE_DIR),0,-1);

Is that the only bit of code that checks the database to see what is set as the templatedir ? If so, do you think this could be set to alternate between two different directories on the initial visit (so that way it doesn't change the templates while the customer is going through the order process or browsing through the site)?

I want to try A/B Split Testing. I have Google Analytics Module setup and I need to figure out how, using STS, to create two different versions of the home page and then somehow rotate them so a visitor to our site will see one or the other.

I'm almost thinking I need to have two separate template folders for the entire site because I would need to use separate profiles on Google to track each one individually and see which has a better conversion rate. (which would mean separate tracking numbers for each version of the site).

~Tracy

contact_us.php.html would be the template for the entire contact_us.php page - not just the content. Therefore, you would need to create the contact_us.php.html the way you want the entire page to look, with the $content tag where you want the content information to be.

Personally, I would create contact_us.php.html as I want the page to look, with the address, phone, map link etc... and then put $content underneath of your address, phone and map link.

The template files that go in the "content" folder are strictly to handle how the information in the $content tag for that page is displayed, where the files that go in the "full" or "test" folder would be templates for the entire page.

Ok, I put it there. But then the contact_us.php.html covers the whole screen. It does not show up in the middle of the shop.

Can you give me a short example of how a contact_us.php.html should be done?

What I would like to do is adding the company adress for visitors, telephone number and maybe a link to a map. And below that, the standard contact form.

Regards

Stefan

~Tracy

Hi Bill, sorry I meant I placed the information in header.php.html and that I have not created _1 or _2 or whatever it is to have a different header for a product or category.

Just having trouble getting bits of code inside the header functioning, such as a list of categories, from the menu. I am guessing this code I need from elsewhere and just have to work out what it is I actually need to get it to work.

Also wondered how I would get the $content part of the shopping cart infobox showing up in my header file.

as I can put the $carbox up there but cant split it and use the content part.

Thanks for your help,

Hi Mate,

Managed to get it working. Im using RC2. Dont know what i done before but i started from Scratch...re installed and the default template works.

This seems pretty good and pretty powerfull.... I could in theory remove the stuff from the right column and stick and image there that will curl around the Header?

Amit

Amit,

Are you using an older version of osCommerce such as the 060817 release (August 2007)? This release had a module refresh bug that prevented any of the modules to be installed from the admin. See the following post for my solution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1117449

Otherwise, use a file comparison tool to compare your files with the files from the contribution to make sure you did not miss anything. Remember, you need the new files as well as make the modifications to some of your existing files according to the installation instructions.

Hi Mate,

Managed to get it working. Im using RC2. Dont know what i done before but i started from Scratch...re installed and the default template works.

This seems pretty good and pretty powerfull.... I could in theory remove the stuff from the right column and stick and image there that will curl around the Header?

Amit

PS. Sorry for double post. Qhoted someone else by accident.

Hmmm... wondering if there is a way in the catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php with this bit of code:

$sts->template['templatedir'] = substr(((($request_type == 'SSL') ? DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG) . STS_TEMPLATE_DIR),0,-1);

Is that the only bit of code that checks the database to see what is set as the templatedir ? If so, do you think this could be set to alternate between two different directories on the initial visit (so that way it doesn't change the templates while the customer is going through the order process or browsing through the site)?

Tracy,

The code above is what creates the STS tag: $templatedir

I'm confused as to what your "switch" will be based? The closest switch tag currently in place is the $langid tag that will switch images based on the language ID selected by the "user".

Here is an idea...

Create a global variable in which your switch is based on. Let's call it $templateswitch.

in index.php_0.html, remove everything and only add the following:

<?php

Global $templateswitch;

include (STS_TEMPLATE_DIR.'template_'.$templateswitch.'.html');

?>

Now, create your separate homepage templates naming them "template.a.html" and "template.b.html".

To the newbie...please ignore the above. Tracy and I are throwing out ideas for her custom project. :blink:

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Amit

Yes, you can add "anything" you want, even have a single column layout, leaving out the right and left columns entirely.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

You should upload your image to your template folder (for example: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\images) and then link to them using the $templatedir tag as so:

$templatedir/images/myimage.gif

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My content template is located in sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html, iv tried using $templatedir/images/image.jpg with the image located in both sts_templates/test/images/image.jpg and sts_templates/test/content/images/image.jpg but the image dosent show up with either.

Is there somethibng else i can do?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My content template is located in sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html, iv tried using $templatedir/images/image.jpg with the image located in both sts_templates/test/images/image.jpg and sts_templates/test/content/images/image.jpg but the image dosent show up with either.

Is there somethibng else i can do?

Thanks for your help.

Hi sorry for the repost, i copied the wrong thing. Iv sorted the problem. Using the $content template, when viewing the page source i noticed the $templatedir tag does not work, it simply stays as $templatedir rather than calling up the location to the image. All iv done is wrote the location to the image to get it to work.

Many thanks.

contact_us.php.html would be the template for the entire contact_us.php page - not just the content. Therefore, you would need to create the contact_us.php.html the way you want the entire page to look, with the $content tag where you want the content information to be.

Personally, I would create contact_us.php.html as I want the page to look, with the address, phone, map link etc... and then put $content underneath of your address, phone and map link.

The template files that go in the "content" folder are strictly to handle how the information in the $content tag for that page is displayed, where the files that go in the "full" or "test" folder would be templates for the entire page.

I have created a layout of the shop, this file is called sts_template.html and it located in folder ...full/

This layout is pretty much like the "standard" shop but it's centered and some other modifications are made.

When I click on products, privacy and conditions it shows up in the center of the shop, between left and right navigation.

But when I create a custom contact_us.php.html to add some information in, this file is displayed over the whole screen, not just betwen the navigation colums.

This is just what i did but it does not work. Here is the code in it:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<p>Here I will put some contact information..</p>
	<p> </p>
	<p>$content</p>
	</body>
</html>

Why is the complete shop replaced by this file when I click on the link contact_us.php??

Maybe its hard to understand what I mean, my English is not very good.

I hope you understand the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Stefan

Hi,

When creating a $content template, and using the $reviews tag (the text with the number of reviews for the item. Empty if no reviews are available), is it possible to make it display "Current Reviews: 0" if no reveiws are available, rather than it just not displaying anything at all?

Many thanks.

Hi Bill,

I am plodding away with my header.php.html file and have got the categories to drop down from the menu.

However for some reason it only works when I enter a value (1, 2 or 3) for the language_id, rather than using $languages_id to fill in the language value.

Ie. 1 for english, 2 for deutch, 3 for spanish.

havent a clue where the error is or how to fix it.

I have header tags and sts installed at the moment.

Be gratefull if you can suggest where I can look to get the language to be automatic.

Must be something simple somewhere, but where?

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi Bill,

I am plodding away with my header.php.html file and have got the categories to drop down from the menu.

However for some reason it only works when I enter a value (1, 2 or 3) for the language_id, rather than using $languages_id to fill in the language value.

Ie. 1 for english, 2 for deutch, 3 for spanish.

havent a clue where the error is or how to fix it.

I have header tags and sts installed at the moment.

Be gratefull if you can suggest where I can look to get the language to be automatic.

Must be something simple somewhere, but where?

Thanks

Johnny

The correct tag to use would be $langid.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill

I installed Modern RC2a STS Template and loved it, however, the it looks like the css and images are not acquired when accessed by https. This is not a problem with the other STS template that come in the STS4 distribution. Any ideas why?

Hi Bill

I installed Modern RC2a STS Template and loved it, however, the it looks like the css and images are not acquired when accessed by https. This is not a problem with the other STS template that come in the STS4 distribution. Any ideas why?

Your https configuration must not be correct. The template uses relative links for the css and the images and that is what you want in order to work with SSL.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Your https configuration must not be correct. The template uses relative links for the css and the images and that is what you want in order to work with SSL.

Bill,

Please look at the code from the catalog home page when referenced from https:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Glimmer Sample Store</title>

<base href="https://host8.webserver1010.com/glimmer/catalog/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/catalog/includes/sts_templates/modernrc2a/stylesheet.css">

Note that the "base href" correctly has the path through the secure server.

Note that the "link rel" has an additional "/catalog" in its href .

Is this a problem ? The stylesheet is definitely being ignored. The rest of the STS processing seems to be working.

Bill,

Some additional information about the problem of finding the stylesheet when accessing a page from https with the Modern RC2a STS Template:

My Secure Server Path to root: https://host8.webserver1010.com/glimmer

My Non-Secure Path To Root: http://glimmer.com

My Path from Root to Store: /catalog

When a catalog page is accessed from https the following is in the head portion and the style sheet is NOT found:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/catalog/includes/sts_templates/modernrc2a/stylesheet.css">

Since the "base href" for the page is correct, it appears that the additional "/catalog" in the "link rel" is the problem. This appears to be a problem only when a stylesheet is used from the STS directory. Do you know what file sets "link rel" ? If so, I will take a look and see if I can determine the problem.

Thanks for your help,

John

Hi,

I'm using this contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3329 (the very first one) and added search2.php to boxes and added another placeholder in sts_column_left. Anyway this seems to show and work fine I just want to increase the size of the box (higher - i can make it longer easy enough as defined in search2.php). I thought just changing the font size etc would work but no joy. Also I tried to get V2.3 working (allows text to be pre-populated into box and clear on box selection, proper buttons etc) but couldn't - do you think this is a javescript issue?

Many thanks

Hi Bill,

I used the code from the contribution you linked to (on another reply) to get a search box anywhere. This was my original message above. I am populating the box with 'search here...' but I would still really like to get it to empty on the click. i've tried putting the code from V2_3 of the link above (different contribution to the one you pointed to as it includes the javascript) straight into a template but no joy, do you know how I could get this javascript working correctly? at the moment when you click in it there is an 'object expected' error. of course the code from V2_3 might not work in the first place but i'm presuming it does!

At the moment I'm using the search anywhere code directly in the template:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('search', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get') . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description','1') . tep_draw_hidden_field('inc_subcat','1') . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', 'Search here...', 'size="10" maxlength="40" style="height: 22px; font: 12px; width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH+40) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() .tep_image_submit('header_search.gif', 'Search the Site!', 'align="absmiddle"') . '</form>'; ?>

I want to get the javascript code from the contribution linked above to work on this box, do you know if it will work with STS?

Many thanks

Sorry for the double post, I forgot to ask another question!

I want to put just the name of someone when they have logged in into the header, so instead of all the greeting text just the name. I found a post regarding $greeting# which i can't find anywhere. is it possible to create a placeholder for

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><u>new products</u></a> are available to purchase?');

i thought I could then edit this line in english.php to just the name as i'm not using it anywhere else.

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', <span class="greetUser">%s!</span>');

What do you think?

Thanks again :)

Hi Bill,

Please could you help me with a small problem i have?

Iv used the $addtocartbutton tag to insert the add to cart button in my $content template, however it does not work when clicked, when i take a look at the code i notice the tag is only calling up the image, there is no link.

I know with the $reviewsbutton tag there is also the $reviewsurl tag, is there something similar for the $addtocart button? There is no mention of it in the STS documentation.

Many thanks

Hi Bill,

Please could you help me with a small problem i have?

Iv used the $addtocartbutton tag to insert the add to cart button in my $content template, however it does not work when clicked, when i take a look at the code i notice the tag is only calling up the image, there is no link.

I know with the $reviewsbutton tag there is also the $reviewsurl tag, is there something similar for the $addtocart button? There is no mention of it in the STS documentation.

Many thanks

Hi, sorry iv solved it, i was missing the $startform and $endform tags.

Thanks.

Bill,

Sorry for all the posts but I don't know how to edit a reply that I have already submitted. Anyway, below is an analysis of the problem and a purposed solution.

My Site Configuration:

HTTP_SERVER 'http://glimmer.com

HTTPS_SERVER 'https://host8.w4ebserver1010.com/glimmer'

DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG '/catalog/'

DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG '/catalog/'

Description of code:

In sts_template.html the following is supposed to be the link to the stylesheet in the same directory:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

sts_inc/general.php appears to be where $templatedir is set using the command:

Note that $template is correct as far as it goes. It is the path from the web root to the template directory which includes the catalog directory.

The problem is that in the sts style sheet "link rel" it is proceeded by <--$headcontent--> which despite its looks, is an active command. This results in a "base ref" command that references the the path from the web root to the catalog. In this case:

Note that this also includes the catalog directory which is correct for the other relative references in the code.

With the "link rel" command using $templatedir, however, it means that both the "base ref" and the $templatedir have a reference to the catalog directory. This creates two

'catalog' directory references in the path for the stylesheet which is incorrect.

Solution:

What is need is a new variable that is the path to the template relative to the catalog directory.

Create a new variable in sts_inc/general.php :

$sts_>template['templatereldir'] = substr((STS_TEMPLATE_DIR),0,-1);

Then in sts_template.html use the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatereldir/stylesheet.css">

My php isn't all that good but I am sure you get the idea. There may even be an existing variable like "templatereldir" but I couldn't find it. I hope this helps in the next version of STS. It's a great program.

John

Bill,

Sorry for all the posts but I don't know how to edit a reply that I have already submitted. Anyway, below is an analysis of the problem and a purposed solution.

My Site Configuration:

HTTP_SERVER 'http://glimmer.com

HTTPS_SERVER 'https://host8.w4ebserver1010.com/glimmer'

DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG '/catalog/'

DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG '/catalog/'

Description of code:

In sts_template.html the following is supposed to be the link to the stylesheet in the same directory:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

sts_inc/general.php appears to be where $templatedir is set using the command:

Note that $template is correct as far as it goes. It is the path from the web root to the template directory which includes the catalog directory.

The problem is that in the sts style sheet "link rel" it is proceeded by <--$headcontent--> which despite its looks, is an active command. This results in a "base ref" command that references the the path from the web root to the catalog. In this case:

Note that this also includes the catalog directory which is correct for the other relative references in the code.

With the "link rel" command using $templatedir, however, it means that both the "base ref" and the $templatedir have a reference to the catalog directory. This creates two

'catalog' directory references in the path for the stylesheet which is incorrect.

Solution:

What is need is a new variable that is the path to the template relative to the catalog directory.

Create a new variable in sts_inc/general.php :

$sts_>template['templatereldir'] = substr((STS_TEMPLATE_DIR),0,-1);

Then in sts_template.html use the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatereldir/stylesheet.css">

My php isn't all that good but I am sure you get the idea. There may even be an existing variable like "templatereldir" but I couldn't find it. I hope this helps in the next version of STS. It's a great program.

John

John,

I have to disagree with your problem as well as your solution. If you had your SSL configured correctly as well as osCommerce installed correctly, then you wouldn't have an issue at all with the current $templatedir tag.

I don't agree with installing your secure pages in a separate location outside of the "catalog" which is basically "splitting" your osCommerce installation. This is not necessary in order to get SSL. It also will screw things up for you when trying to get other contributions installed and working correctly as you are experiencing with STS. OsCommerce is designed to utilize SSL "out of the box" without splitting up the catalog files. They should all be located on the same server either in the root of your domain or in a catalog directory such as your "glimmer" folder.

If you do in fact have all of your osC files in one folder, then be sure your config files are setup correctly (see below).

Your glimmer/includes/configure.php would have the following defines (I left out the database stuff):

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://glimmer.com');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://glimmer.com');
define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'glimmer.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'glimmer.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://glimmer.com');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://glimmer.com');

And your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php would look like this (I left out the database stuff):

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://glimmer.com');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://glimmer.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://glimmer.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

So, in my opinion, you messed yourself up by not installing osC correctly when trying to setup your SSL.

See the following post for more details:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1015415

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

The correct tag to use would be $langid.

Hi, after looking around a bit, I came up with a solution that works, but the question is why doesn't $languages_id work and $GLOBALS[languages_id] does in my header.

The script is java based for the header menu.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.