• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I have a problem...

When I set the "Use template for infoboxes" as true,

The box of "New Products For (month)" is disappear...

It shows as normal when the "Use template for infoboxes" is false,

But my infoboxes need a template, How can I solve this problem?

Take a look at this site : http://www.oscommerce-packages.com/

Thanks for the link. I also have my own version of osCommerce that I give away for free. It is not a fork, just simply osCommerce with over 40 major contributions installed, including STSv4.5.8 of course. :rolleyes:

Regarding the main page text:

The change for the generic text that is on the default osCommerce store's introduction and welcome is altered in the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file. This index.php file will need to be changed in all of the language folders. The words "There are no products to list in this category." on the bar that comes up when you click a category is also changed in this file.

FInd the following in includes/languages/english/index.php:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. <b>Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Error Messages</b><br><br>If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.<br><br>Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete <span class="messageStackError">background</span> color.<br><br>Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Editing Page Texts</b><br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:<br><br><nobr class="messageStackSuccess">[path to catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . '</nobr><br><br>That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Languages->' . 
blah blah blah

Change to:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Now, you can add anything you want inside the template page itself.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have a problem...

When I set the "Use template for infoboxes" as true,

The box of "New Products For (month)" is disappear...

It shows as normal when the "Use template for infoboxes" is false,

But my infoboxes need a template, How can I solve this problem?

This should not happen.

1. You either have a template specifically for the new products for month (infobox_new_products.php) that is messed up, or
  2. You have installed a contribution that does not have the proper code that relates to the includes/modules/new_products.php file, or
  3. You have not installed or configured STS correctly.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thank You Bill...got it to work... got just acouple other questions. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to center my $content area on my home page (sts_template.html) or my new costumes.php.html page I created. I made sure to set the middle <td> to 100% and centered it...also double checked the cell padding & cellspacing to see if that's the problem and didn't see anything there...am I missing something? (it's probably right in front of my nose)

You may have some CSS that is causing the problem. Use the IE Developer Toolbar (if your browser is IE) to allow you to click on the center content to display the CSS that is associated with it. Then, modify that class to include

text-align : center;

Also, I've spent hours trying to get my buttons to show and can't seem to figure it out. If you see on www.foxysally.com, you'll see that all the buttons are broken. I created some directories as the instructions say in the sts manual to place the buttons in ...sts_templates/full/images/english/buttons, but they are still not showing up. I also placed them in includes/languages/english/images/buttons to see if that'd work, but still nothing. It might be worth noting that I recently transferred all my mysql databases over from my other website and since doing that, I can't preview the images in my admin when I add them to my product listings, however I can see them on the actual public website. I just thought I'd throw that in there since maybe that could be related to this other image issue I'm having, but I don't know.

It appears that your admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php files are not pointing to the correct image path for your shop. Check these files and make the path correction.

Tip: Link to your images using the $templatedir tag. Here is an example linking to a styelsheet located inside your current template folder:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You can see an example here:

http://www.tutete.com/tienda_def/index.php?

Category box is generated by dynamenu contrib.

Some idea?, thak you

Rafa,

You need to make sure you have all of the language files necessary to support the extra languages. Look in includes/languages/english/ and compare with all other languages in similar folders such as includes/languages/german, includes/languages/french, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey,

I have read though as many as I can, and still reading though all the post, so sorry if I missed it or have not gotten there yet,

1st AWESOME MOD!! I thought it was gonna be hard to add my own template to my store, and even put it off and was getting ready to pay someone, when i thought what the hey, and let me tell you, you guys have actually made it idiot proof (and i am a idiot when it comes to the WWW) but here goes.

The template looks good, but I decided to add my own tables as part of my new template, BUT for some reason, I can still see the outline or latest the table header part from the old template or original template. Also, the header titles that they used, I want it in a different location for example, right now on my table, I have a different row for the table title, and then another row for the content, and I can hand right the title right now, and it looks good, but where the content goes, it will show the title that the original template showed, so it would say Search twice once me typing it, and once it inserting it somewhere. how can I fix this.

take a look: unitedwholesale.mpsites.com

basically which ones are the ORIGINAL files that I need to edit to get rid of all that other stuff and leave just the content it self.

thanks in advance

~:MP:~

Mike,

I went to your site and it appears you figured it out.

By the way, here is some helpful information on infobox templating that allows you to separate the header from the content of the infoboxes:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1227006

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

I have searched but not found, so maybe you can help me. I want to add stock levels to the product_info.php page. Page is all made and looks good, I just need the $stock$ or whatever the code is to get the stock amount shown on screen. I did download a contrib that made it work but not with sts! Is there such a thing? Your help is apprectiated!

Thanks.

Denz

Since you did not mention it above, I am assuming you are referring to the use of the product info template feature of STS.

With that said, you need to add the code from the other contribution (the part that says to install to catalog/product_info.php) to the catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file. Othewise, turn off the product_info template feature and STS will pick up the stock amount automatically.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I'm working a newly migrated STS based store. We're had any number of problems, and seem to have many of them whipped - but when I try to order the checkout confirmation page comes up blank.

View source reveals a few header lines, but no html opening tag.

<title>****.com -Your military surplus gear, camping and hiking supplier for outdoor and more</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="Online sales for military surplus/commercial gear.   Your place for military apparel, insignias, survival gear, hunting, tents, knives, footwear, parachutes, unusual collectibles and more at almost wholesale prices."/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="Military surplus gear,hunting and camping gear,knives,sporting goods,kids military clothing,costumes,survival, collectibles,military insignias,vintage,dog tags,carhartts,leather flight jackets,army,navy,marines,coast guard,air force,search and rescue,military tactical gear,"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

I have NEVER worked with STS before, but have checked the files in the catalog root for (and fixed) short tags and whitespace issues. I don't see anything blatent and have checked the header tags and meta tags files, which seem to work just fine on other pages.

I'm now searching this topic for similar events/solutions. But would appreciate any pointers - can someone throw me a clue?

David

I'm working a newly migrated STS based store. We're had any number of problems, and seem to have many of them whipped - but when I try to order the checkout confirmation page comes up blank.

View source reveals a few header lines, but no html opening tag.

<title>****.com -Your military surplus gear, camping and hiking supplier for outdoor and more</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="Online sales for military surplus/commercial gear.   Your place for military apparel, insignias, survival gear, hunting, tents, knives, footwear, parachutes, unusual collectibles and more at almost wholesale prices."/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="Military surplus gear,hunting and camping gear,knives,sporting goods,kids military clothing,costumes,survival, collectibles,military insignias,vintage,dog tags,carhartts,leather flight jackets,army,navy,marines,coast guard,air force,search and rescue,military tactical gear,"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

I have NEVER worked with STS before, but have checked the files in the catalog root for (and fixed) short tags and whitespace issues. I don't see anything blatent and have checked the header tags and meta tags files, which seem to work just fine on other pages.

I'm now searching this topic for similar events/solutions. But would appreciate any pointers - can someone throw me a clue?

David

Never mind - fixed and nothing to do with STS itself. Sometimes, you just GOTTA make a fool of yourself to get the right answer to pop into your head.

Thanks.

David

Thanks for the link. I also have my own version of osCommerce that I give away for free. It is not a fork, just simply osCommerce with over 40 major contributions installed, including STSv4.5.8 of course. :rolleyes:

Regarding the main page text:

The change for the generic text that is on the default osCommerce store's introduction and welcome is altered in the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file. This index.php file will need to be changed in all of the language folders. The words "There are no products to list in this category." on the bar that comes up when you click a category is also changed in this file.

FInd the following in includes/languages/english/index.php:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. <b>Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Error Messages</b><br><br>If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.<br><br>Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete <span class="messageStackError">background</span> color.<br><br>Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Editing Page Texts</b><br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:<br><br><nobr class="messageStackSuccess">[path to catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . '</nobr><br><br>That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Languages->' . 
blah blah blah

Change to:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Now, you can add anything you want inside the template page itself.

I tried that , but still I am not able to remove it. Any help

Where can I find your contribution / version of Oscommerce ?

regards

This should not happen.

1. You either have a template specifically for the new products for month (infobox_new_products.php) that is messed up, or
  2. You have installed a contribution that does not have the proper code that relates to the includes/modules/new_products.php file, or
  3. You have not installed or configured STS correctly.

Thanks for the reply,

I replace the template folder and make a different name, but without charging any files,

and It works as normal. I don't know why~

Anyway I'm so glad to fix this problem~

Quick question, do I need to make a special product_info template for every product? Or is there a way I can just make on which applies to all?

STS allows you to do both.

TIP

Here is a quick rundown of common template names:

• sts_template.html
    • = Default template

[*]index.php.html

• = Default Category template (used for all category pages that do not have a specific template page created for it – if you didn’t have this template, STS would use sts_template.html).

[*]index.php_0.html

• = Home page template

[*]index.php_x.html

• = Specific category template where x = the category ID.

[*]index.php_x_y.html

• = Specific subcategory template where x = the category ID and y = the subcategory ID

[*]product_info.php.html

• = Default Product template (used for all products, in all categories, if no specific product template is found).

[*]product_info.php_c23.html

• = Product template for all products in a specific category (23 in this example – change to the category ID needed)

[*]product_info.php_23.html

• = CONTENT template for product ID 23. All content template should be saved in the SGP/content/ folder. Review the sample content template provided in the STS template “full/content” folder. The STS Module Product Info must be enabled in order to use this STS feature. This template is not recommended unless you really know what you are doing since you would need to make modifications to it if you ever added new osCommerce contributions to your shop.

[*]popup_image.php.html

• = Template for the product popup image.

[*]index.php.mfr.html

• = Default Manufacturer template page (used for all manufacturer pages that do not have a specific template page created for it - if you didn’t have this template, STS would use sts_template.html).

[*]index.php.mfr_x.html

• = Specific Manufacturer template where x = the manufacturer ID.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Rafa,

You need to make sure you have all of the language files necessary to support the extra languages. Look in includes/languages/english/ and compare with all other languages in similar folders such as includes/languages/german, includes/languages/french, etc.

Hi Bill,

I notice that when i click on English button, all the texts turn into english.

The problem is when i click on any Category box link, the category names turn into spanish again, the variable $languages_id=3 (spanish) instead $languages_id=5 (english)

Where and what is needed to be modified in order to languages_id variable takes the right value?

Thank you

Hi Bill,

I notice that when i click on English button, all the texts turn into english.

The problem is when i click on any Category box link, the category names turn into spanish again, the variable $languages_id=3 (spanish) instead $languages_id=5 (english)

Where and what is needed to be modified in order to languages_id variable takes the right value?

Thank you

Check the following tutorial just to be sure your cart is configured correctly for the extra languages:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...ocalization/163

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello Bill Kellum,

Any news on your free contribution with that 40 Major Contribution installed

regards

PM me or visit my web site (see link in my forum profile). Forum rules prohibit me from listing the link here. B)

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi All,

I'm using a fresh install of RC2.2 for a new shop, and have installed the latest version of STS.

All my templates are working great, except for infobox templates.

I have double/triple checked all admin configurations etc.

Any ideas? I have used STS on many stores for a long time, but never had this problem.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

Hi All,

I'm using a fresh install of RC2.2 for a new shop, and have installed the latest version of STS.

All my templates are working great, except for infobox templates.

I have double/triple checked all admin configurations etc.

Any ideas? I have used STS on many stores for a long time, but never had this problem.

Thanks,

Rob

Hello Rob,

What kind of infobox template problems are you having?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks Bill - i was JUST about to post that i finally got it working.

It was very odd - it simply didn't render the infobox templates - almost as if i had switched the option off (definately checked it and it was on).

I am using the new header tags controller, and i think i managed to mess something up in the install - was just odd that everything else is working.

Having effectively removed the header tags contributions, it's working now - so i'll go back through everything and see what broke it :D

rob

Edited by shooter-boy

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

Just a quick question. Has anyone managed to get the next and previous buttons working on the lightbox when using STS and ultrapics?. I have the lightbox working well but just have the close X button showing. It would be nice to get navigation added when there is more than one picture. If this needs moved to a different section of the forum please feel free to shift.

You may have some CSS that is causing the problem. Use the IE Developer Toolbar (if your browser is IE) to allow you to click on the center content to display the CSS that is associated with it. Then, modify that class to include
text-align : center;

It appears that your admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php files are not pointing to the correct image path for your shop. Check these files and make the path correction.

Tip: Link to your images using the $templatedir tag. Here is an example linking to a styelsheet located inside your current template folder:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

Thank You Bill...thank you for introducing that Developer Toolbar to me. I didn't know they had something like that for IE. Anyway, I did figure out the problem with not centering, but still finagling w/ the images issue. I thought that when you transfer all your databases over that somehow your images would transfer over too, so I think that is why the images (the product images anyway) are broken. I am ftp-ying them over right now, so we'll see if that fixes that. I think that the button images problem is a whole separate issue though. I did check in the configure.php file and everything seems to be pointing correctly. I thought that maybe it was a permissions problem but the permissions are set as the same as before at my other domain. To link my images using the $templatedir tag as you described, where might I put that piece of code to make that work (sorry you have to be real specific with me since I'm still such a newbie at this)?

1. While I'm at it, perhaps you could help me with a couple of small issues. There must have been some things I didn't do right when transferring over a site to this new domain because it seems that some things are off ever since I did that. One other issue is that I changed the color of the boxes to pink before I transferred my site over and the change was applied to all the boxes. But now, I am trying to re-size those little corners located in ...sts_templates/full/boxes/infobox.php.html ('corner_left.gif' & 'corner_right.gif'). All of them have re-sized correctly with exception to the 'manufacturers' box and the 'categories' box and I can't seems to figure out why (I did install that catalog add-on that lists the categories as an unordered list...perhaps that might have something to do w/ it, but the manufacturer box is having the same problem though).

2. I would like to add an image above the 'tell-a-friend' form inside the 'tell-a-friend' box. Where might I add that image? Would I have to add it in the actual script; in the ...includes/boxes/tell_a_friend.php file?

3. How can I change the text 'Shopping Cart' to say 'My Cart' in the header of the shopping cart box?

4. And last thing...I noticed in my admin that in the Default Module, the Default template File is set to 'sts_template.html', however when I make changes to that file, nothing happens. But when I make changes to the index.php.html template file, the changes are applied. So it seems that even though the module is set to use 'sts_template.html', it's not using it and only using index.php.html which is really weird. Is this suppose to happen? I'm wondering if this could be why I'm encountering some of the problems I'm having.

Sorry to jump around so much. This is my ADD in action. :)

-Leah

Just a quick question. Has anyone managed to get the next and previous buttons working on the lightbox when using STS and ultrapics?. I have the lightbox working well but just have the close X button showing. It would be nice to get navigation added when there is more than one picture. If this needs moved to a different section of the forum please feel free to shift.

Hello Brian,

I just installed this for a client but currently he is only using one image so all I'm getting is the X Close button as well. I'll upload an additional product image tonight to see if there is any issues and post back my results.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I think I have encounterd a serious problem.

When I have STS active I can't add products to my shopping cart. When I disable STS I can add them easily and don't have problems at all.

I am using STS4.5.8 on MS2.2 also using 'Featured Products 161 with STS 453 instructions'