• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Yes, you will need the "$" in the full STS tag name.

Hey Bill...I'm wondering if I uploaded the correct STS files. I thought that my template is MS2 because the title of my template manual is:'OsCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2...Update 051112', but I noticed that beneath the logo on my website, it's saying 'Online Merchant v2.2 RC1'. Does that mean I must upload the RC1 files instead?

leah

Hey Bill...I'm wondering if I uploaded the correct STS files. I thought that my template is MS2 because the title of my template manual is:'OsCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2...Update 051112', but I noticed that beneath the logo on my website, it's saying 'Online Merchant v2.2 RC1'. Does that mean I must upload the RC1 files instead?

leah

All STS users would upload the STS folder. Then, depending upon the version of osCommerce that you are running, you would merge in the differences from one of the following folders:

• 060817 and below: "Files for MS2"
  • RC1: "Files for RC1"
  • RC2 and RC2a: "Files for RC2"

NOTE: If you manually install STS (rather than uploading/merging the files provided, the manual instructions apply to all versions of STS.

Leah: You could download the latest version of osCommerce and then compare it to your version to verify if you are using RC2a or not.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

All STS users would upload the STS folder. Then, depending upon the version of osCommerce that you are running, you would merge in the differences from one of the following folders:

NOTE: If you manually install STS (rather than uploading/merging the files provided, the manual instructions apply to all versions of STS.

Leah: You could download the latest version of osCommerce and then compare it to your version to verify if you are using RC2a or not.

A quick way to find what version of osCommerce you are using:

Open includes/application_top.php and find the following line:

// define the project version

The code that follows after the above line will state your current version.

Your version will be one of the following:

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS1'); //released prior to July/2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-CVS'); //not sure of the release date but before 2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'); //released after July/2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2 051112 Update'); //released Nov 12, 2005

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2 060817 Update'); //released Aug 17, 2006

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1'); //released July 7, 2007

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2'); //release Jan 15, 2008

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a'); //release Jan 30, 2008

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 3.xxx'); //Beta release, not for live stores

The RC2a version is the most up to date release.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

A quick way to find what version of osCommerce you are using:

Open includes/application_top.php and find the following line:

// define the project version

The code that follows after the above line will state your current version.

Your version will be one of the following:

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS1'); //released prior to July/2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-CVS'); //not sure of the release date but before 2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'); //released after July/2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2 051112 Update'); //released Nov 12, 2005

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2 060817 Update'); //released Aug 17, 2006

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1'); //released July 7, 2007

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2'); //release Jan 15, 2008

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a'); //release Jan 30, 2008

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 3.xxx'); //Beta release, not for live stores

The RC2a version is the most up to date release.

Thank You. I'm glad I asked. It is v2.2 RC1 and I was thinking it was MS2 this whole time. Since I didn't do a whole lot to my design, I'm just going to do another clean install all over. Do you know if it costs anything to upgrade to the v2.2 RC2'? Does it matter whether you do the upgrade before or after you add STS?

Thank You. I'm glad I asked. It is v2.2 RC1 and I was thinking it was MS2 this whole time. Since I didn't do a whole lot to my design, I'm just going to do another clean install all over. Do you know if it costs anything to upgrade to the v2.2 RC2'? Does it matter whether you do the upgrade before or after you add STS?

Actually...I did add quite a few items. If I reinstall my osc template, will it wipe all that away, or does it just effect the design of the template?

leah

Actually...I did add quite a few items. If I reinstall my osc template, will it wipe all that away, or does it just effect the design of the template?

leah

ok...I took 2 steps foward and 3 steps back it seems. Scratch everything I wrote above. I just decided to overwite all the MS2 files w/ the RC1 files to make it easy...and then re-did the manual edits. But,now when I go to the www.nomoreuglyjars.com website, I'm getting a blank page that says this on the top:

Fatal error: Class 'infoBoxHeaderHeading' not found in /home2/shessofo/public_html/nomoreuglyjars/catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php on line 19

do you know what i did wrong now?

Another q. and i'm done.. :)

if I put like that in sts_user_code.php:

$sts->template['specialprice'] = "<div style=\"float:left;z-index:100;margin-left:0px;margin-top:-80px;position:relative;font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;font-family:Georgia;color:#fff;width:150;height:74px;padding-top:30px;padding-left:25px;text-align:justify;background:url(/img/pret.png) no-repeat;\">" . $sts->template['specialprice'] . "</div>";

it still shows me with no <div> ... only the price .... when i put in template $specialprice.

what i am doing wrong ? :huh:

i'm in total darkness, show me the light bill :)

But in the HTC admin I can see the new pages! there in the list. But I can't modify the tags?

see screenshot:

HTC1.jpg

HTC2.jpg

All the "default" pages of oscommerce works perfect with HTC+STS!!

The only problem I have is in the new added pages.

This is in the source of the new page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="nl">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title></title>

<meta name="Description" content="" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

So it seems to work, but I can't modify the tags in the admin panel.. I get 3 red bars....

Can somebody please help me! I am so close finishing my store...

Regards,

Dirk

All the "default" pages of oscommerce works perfect with HTC+STS!!

The only problem I have is in the new added pages.

This is in the source of the new page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="nl">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title></title>

<meta name="Description" content="" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

So it seems to work, but I can't modify the tags in the admin panel.. I get 3 red bars....

Can somebody please help me! I am so close finishing my store...

Regards,

Dirk

Just a guess, I'm wondering if HTC SEO is having issues with the hyphens you have in your page names.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just a guess, I'm wondering if HTC SEO is having issues with the hyphens you have in your page names.

Hi Bill,

I sort it out!!! yeeeeeeehh!!!

I'd made a mistake with the names in header-tags.php.... It has nothing to do with the hyphens, but when I took al look at it, some other thing got my attention... Now it's working perfect!

Tanx for the support!

I'm sort of a noob with STS, I'd like to know how to ensure that my category pages use sts-template.html and not index.php.html.

I only need two files: index.php.html to control the home page and sts-template for everything else. The problem is category pages are displayed under index.php, so now I have to create a special template every time the client creates a new category.

Sample:

http://www.sexysolution.com/index.php?cPath=22

This page is using index.php_22.html, I want it to refer to sts-template.html instead.

Any help with this? thanks

Edited by hodgejr

Hi Bill,

I sort it out!!! yeeeeeeehh!!!

I'd made a mistake with the names in header-tags.php.... It has nothing to do with the hyphens, but when I took al look at it, some other thing got my attention... Now it's working perfect!

Tanx for the support!

Glad to hear and thanks for posting back.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I'm sort of a noob with STS, I'd like to know how to ensure that my category pages use sts-template.html and not index.php.html.

I only need two files: index.php.html to control the home page and sts-template for everything else. The problem is category pages are displayed under index.php, so now I have to create a special template every time the client creates a new category.

Sample:

http://www.sexysolution.com/index.php?cPath=22

This page is using index.php_22.html, I want it to refer to sts-template.html instead.

Any help with this? thanks

Richard,

Use index.php_0.html for your home page template and then use index.php.html for your default category template to be used for all categories.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Richard,

Use index.php_0.html for your home page template and then use index.php.html for your default category template to be used for all categories.

Thank you! That did the trick nicely...

Hi all,

I am very pleased with STS4 and made a nice styled site layout without changing any osC pages.

At this moment I'm trying to figure out how I can maintain the class infoBoxContents in my CSS with a border and backgroundcolor

AND use STS infobox templates with a transparent background.

The problem is that all over osC the CSS class infoBoxContents is used, and I am pleased to use one and the same class all over the site.

For me the problem seems to be that in my infobox.php.html I can't prevent the class infoBoxContents to be used within $content.

I also did not manage to overrule infoBoxContents within $content in my infobox.php.html with classes, div's, span, TR's or TD's.

Can anyone help me out?

I would like to:

- for all the 'non-infoboxes' in my site using CSS class infoBoxContents with a border and backgroundcolor (like standard osC does)

- and have only one infobox.php.html for all my infoboxes with a transparent background (box and contents transparent)

- without having to delete all the 'class=infoBoxContents' on every .php in my site

I hope STS does have a 'setting' I did overlook.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hi all,

I am very pleased with STS4 and made a nice styled site layout without changing any osC pages.

At this moment I'm trying to figure out how I can maintain the class infoBoxContents in my CSS with a border and backgroundcolor

AND use STS infobox templates with a transparent background.

The problem is that all over osC the CSS class infoBoxContents is used, and I am pleased to use one and the same class all over the site.

For me the problem seems to be that in my infobox.php.html I can't prevent the class infoBoxContents to be used within $content.

I also did not manage to overrule infoBoxContents within $content in my infobox.php.html with classes, div's, span, TR's or TD's.

Can anyone help me out?

I would like to:

- for all the 'non-infoboxes' in my site using CSS class infoBoxContents with a border and backgroundcolor (like standard osC does)

- and have only one infobox.php.html for all my infoboxes with a transparent background (box and contents transparent)

- without having to delete all the 'class=infoBoxContents' on every .php in my site

Kind regards,

Patrick

Patrick,

Simply modifiy the stylesheet you are using.

1. Use your stylesheet to set the background to transparent to better match your customized template page \
  2. Look for the following code in your stylesheet.css file:

/*This is the INFOBOX Background Style, one shade darker than the Infobox Header color*/ 
    .infoBox { 
    background: #0000FF; 
    } 

/*This is the INFOBOX Contents Style, one shade lighter than the Infobox Header color*/ 
    .infoBoxContents { 
    background: #FFFFFF; 
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; 
    font-size: 10px; 
    }

/*This is the INFOBOX Notice Style, a pale salmon color*/ 
    .infoBoxNotice { 
    background: #FF8E90; 
    }

/*This is the INFOBOX Notice Contents Style, a very pale salmon color*/ 
    .infoBoxNoticeContents { 
    }

/*This is the INFOBOX Heading Style, SAME AS HEADER AND FOOTER GRAY BARS*/ 
    TD.infoBoxHeading { 
    font-weight: bold; 
    color: #ABDA4E; 
    } 
    TD.infoBox, SPAN.infoBox { 
    }

3. Just by changing the above, you can make the borders, backgrounds and more completely dependent upon your design. In other words, it is now a lot easier to integrate STS into a store bought HTML template. You can also take advantage of newer CSS dynamic boxes. Have fun, be creative.
  4. The default tables show a gray background around each infobox. This can easily be removed by editing the table and cell within the infobox template. You may want to replace the corner images with transparent gifs. These images are located in catalog/images/infobox/.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I just installed the STS & HTC combo contribution and now I cannot access my admin. (I wanted to search this topic for an answer, but wasn't sure how to do that.) Any ideas?

Except for a few small changes, I basically had a new install of the OSC v2.2 RC2a.

Thanks!

oops...just found the search topic button... :)

Edited by vicster

Hi...well im new to all of this, so its really confusing me...my question is i just downloaded a fresh version of the RC2, so i would still upload the STS folder, and then id merge the differences onto what/where? how?...and where do you go after to make all the editing to the code?

Thanks

Agh. Can I make a template for my search box only?

My client wants it to be as smple as possibe in the upper right corner of her site.

A search text field and submit button only... no background or borders or anything.

I can't fugure out what I'd need to remove from search.php, so I'm hoping sts can help.

thank you!

I just installed the STS & HTC combo contribution and now I cannot access my admin. (I wanted to search this topic for an answer, but wasn't sure how to do that.) Any ideas?

Except for a few small changes, I basically had a new install of the OSC v2.2 RC2a.

Thanks!

oops...just found the search topic button... :)

If you used the STSv4.5.2 and HTC bundle, you would have to do a manual install over an osCommerce Online Merchant RC2 version since that bundle was created for the previous osC version 060817. All of the STS & HTC files are compatible with osC RC2 but you just can't overwrite RC2 files with the files that came with that STS/HTC bundled contribution.

For a manual install of HTC over an existing STS installation, you can use the link in my signature below for an easy step by step.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi...well im new to all of this, so its really confusing me...my question is i just downloaded a fresh version of the RC2, so i would still upload the STS folder, and then id merge the differences onto what/where? how?...and where do you go after to make all the editing to the code?

Thanks

Hello Daniel and welcome to STS (and osCommerce).

If you have a freshly installed osCommerce RC2, with no changes to the code on your part, then you could simply upload the files from the STS and RC2 folders (keeping the residing folder structure in tact).

Then, you need to configure the STS Default Module to enable the Simple Template System (and the template folder to be used - it is set to "test" out of the box, change it to "full" to take advandage of the advanced sample template set named "full").

Refer to the STS User Manual and the Docs folder for explainations on the template and variable (placeholder) names.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Agh. Can I make a template for my search box only?

My client wants it to be as smple as possibe in the upper right corner of her site.

A search text field and submit button only... no background or borders or anything.

I can't fugure out what I'd need to remove from search.php, so I'm hoping sts can help.

thank you!

To add the search function to your template, you could simply add the actual form:

<form name="advanced_search" action="advanced_search_result.php" method="get">

<td bgcolor="anycolor">

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="navigation">Search ;</td>

<td align="center"><input type="hidden" name="search_in_description" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="inc_subcat" value="1" 1><input type="text" name="keywords" size="10" maxlength="30" class="searchForm" style="width: 95px"></td><td align="center"> <input type="image" src="$templatedir/images/gobutton.gif" border="0" alt="Search" title=" Search "></td></tr></table>

</td></form>

The above code can be used anywhere in your template and can be styled anyway you desire. The items in bold need to be changed to your liking.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

To add the search function to your template, you could simply add the actual form:

<form name="advanced_search" action="advanced_search_result.php" method="get">

<td bgcolor="anycolor">

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="navigation">Search ;</td>

<td align="center"><input type="hidden" name="search_in_description" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="inc_subcat" value="1" 1><input type="text" name="keywords" size="10" maxlength="30" class="searchForm" style="width: 95px"></td><td align="center"> <input type="image" src="$templatedir/images/gobutton.gif" border="0" alt="Search" title=" Search "></td></tr></table>

</td></form>

The above code can be used anywhere in your template and can be styled anyway you desire. The items in bold need to be changed to your liking.

Oh my gosh, wow. That answer is almost too easy. I gotta get a grasp of php. Thanks once again Bill!

Patrick,

Simply modifiy the stylesheet you are using.

Bill,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did search all forums and also did try your sugestion (you mentioned this before in this forum) but it would not work.

If I change CSS infoBoxContents background to transparent ALL the pages in my site with class=infoBoxContents will change to transparent.

This is because almost every .php page of osC uses the infoBoxContents class.

As mentioned before I would like to:

- for all the 'non-infoboxes' in my site to use the CSS class infoBoxContents with a border and backgroundcolor (like standard osC does)

Kind regards,

Patrick

Bill,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did search all forums and also did try your sugestion (you mentioned this before in this forum) but it would not work.

If I change CSS infoBoxContents background to transparent ALL the pages in my site with class=infoBoxContents will change to transparent.

This is because almost every .php page of osC uses the infoBoxContents class.

As mentioned before I would like to:

- for all the 'non-infoboxes' in my site to use the CSS class infoBoxContents with a border and backgroundcolor (like standard osC does)

Kind regards,

Patrick

Patrick,

If I am understanding you correctly, you will need to create a new class for your boxes to use and then call this class in each of the box files.

See the following knowledge base article:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C..._Area/Boxes/248

It would probably be easier to create a new class for your non-infobox item (you can use the above example for that as well).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions