• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I have been playing around with STS but I am having problems with edditing the products list boxes,

hxxp://www.mobim8.com/index.php?cPath=57_65_1031_1037

Take this page, I wanted to edit this page to look more like the layout on this website here

hxxp://www.memorybits.co.uk/categories/bluetooth-headsets/792

Is this posible? and if so how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, by editing the CSS file:

TR.accountHistory-odd, TR.addressBook-odd, TR.alsoPurchased-odd, TR.payment-odd, TR.productListing-odd, TR.productReviews-odd, TR.upcomingProducts-odd, TR.shippingOptions-odd {
 background: #FFFFFF;
}

TR.accountHistory-even, TR.addressBook-even, TR.alsoPurchased-even, TR.payment-even, TR.productListing-even, TR.productReviews-even, TR.upcomingProducts-even, TR.shippingOptions-even {
 background: #E9E9E9;
}

TABLE.productListing {
 border: 1px;
 border-style: solid;
 border-color: #999999;
 border-spacing: 1px;
}

.productListing-heading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 background: #999999;
 color: #FFFFFF;
 font-weight: bold;
}

TD.productListing-data {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
}

Play around with the TR.productListing-even and TR.productListing-odd to make the most radical changes.

Note: The above is the settings that I use most often. Keep in mind, you can use background images as well to get the look your after.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Nvm again managed to after playing again :D

ADD TO BOTTOM OF /includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php BEFORE ?>

$sts->start_capture();
print '<input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" maxlength="2" size="2">';
$sts->stop_capture ('quantbox');
$template_pinfo['quantbox']= $sts->template['quantbox'];

Then in includes\application_top.php

FIND:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

REPLACE WITH:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+(empty($_POST['quantity']) ? 1 : intval($_POST['quantity'])), $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

Hope it helps.

Nvm again managed to after playing again :D

ADD TO BOTTOM OF /includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php BEFORE ?>

$sts->start_capture();
print '<input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" maxlength="2" size="2">';
$sts->stop_capture ('quantbox');
$template_pinfo['quantbox']= $sts->template['quantbox'];

Then in includes\application_top.php

FIND:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

REPLACE WITH:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+(empty($_POST['quantity']) ? 1 : intval($_POST['quantity'])), $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

Hope it helps.

You may be interested in my previous post # 2778:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1151515

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I am a very new oscommerce user and successfully installed 2.2RC2 it and was customizing it (ridiculous when you don't know php) when I saw STS and knew that was the answer to my problems. I have tried to install it but am doing something wrong. When I go into admin/modules/STS, I see the same thing as when I click the "Payment" module. I rechecked to make sure everything is in the right place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (sorry if this is answered somewhere else ... I've looked).

Yeah got that quantity one allready. The shop is coming together gradualy, just want it right for lanuch. Wouldnt have been possible without STS though so thanks!

Also if you have any ideas why possibly when I go on catagory it shows subcatagory images like it should. But if I go inside one of them subcatagories it then doesnt show any it just says No products even though there are 2 more subcatagories. thanks a million though!

I am a very new oscommerce user and successfully installed 2.2RC2 it and was customizing it (ridiculous when you don't know php) when I saw STS and knew that was the answer to my problems. I have tried to install it but am doing something wrong. When I go into admin/modules/STS, I see the same thing as when I click the "Payment" module. I rechecked to make sure everything is in the right place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (sorry if this is answered somewhere else ... I've looked).

You need to focus on the installation instructions as you have not installed STS correctly. Suggestion: Use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare the files in your shop to the files from the contribution. This will easily show you where you went wrong in the installation and allow you to easily merge in the code to the correct locations in the files.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Okay, I've finally got everything installed and working mostly how I want it.

The last thing I have to do is to go through and edit all of the content stuff to fit in my content box. Just adding a padding (10-15px) should do it.

Is there an easy way to do with with STS? If so I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks!

Hi. I would like to know if anyone already tryed to install Magic Zoom of http://www.magictoolbox.com/ with STS. Tks

See Post #4791 in the STSv4 Forum:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1307400

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I installed the latest version of STS but the module is not displaying. When I click on the STS link under modules, the payment module opens. Can you help? Thanks.
You either did not complete the installation or you placed some code/files in the wrong location.

Use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare your files with the files from the contribution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello.

I have a clean RC2 shop.

First i added HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7, then STSv4.5.8.

Everything seems fine until i change the following:

1A) ********* FOR STS USERS ONLY *********

STS should be installed first. Upload the file located in the STS_Only

directory of this archive to the same location on your server. Then goto

admin->Modules->STS and edit the default module. In the

"Files for normal template box," make the following change and then proceed

with the rest of the installation, starting at Step 2.

sts_user_code.php

to

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

It displays the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\osc\includes\functions\header_tags.php:15) in C:\xampp\htdocs\osc\includes\functions\header_tags.php

A step back (sts_user_code.php) and it seems ok again ....

Hello.

I have a clean RC2 shop.

First i added HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7, then STSv4.5.8.

Everything seems fine until i change the following:

It displays the following error:

A step back (sts_user_code.php) and it seems ok again ....

The problem lies with adding "too much" code in your HTC SEO installation. When using STS, it should be an either/or type of installation when it comes to adding the HTC code to each page since the $headcontent tag does this already in combination with the headertags.php file listed in the "Files to Include" in the admin.

So...you need to backtrace your installation to remove the HTC code in the PHP pages but keep the headertags.php file in the Files to Include in the STS modules in the admin.

To help explain this more, see my installation instructions for an older version of HTC listed in my signature below.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello, lads :)

I have a question about boxes outlook with STSv4.5.8.

I am loading a template with separate stylesheet, but when i insert a placeholder into it (for instance):

<tdclass="box_heading">$categorybox</td>

the placeholder is not influenced by the stylesheet's visual changes (size and padding works).

visual example

This is the code in the template file:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/style.css">
</head>

Can anyone help ...

Thanks in advance :)

That web link does not go to anywhere.

Check your template to make sure everything is in order (look at the blank template as an example).

Does your site function corrrectly with STS turned off?

can somebody please look at this

www.mazmak.co/osc/catalog/

header tabs are working but not the ones below.

I added a template from

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

but still the same problem,

would somebody please help!!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi, Bill

I want to add some new content in my site. For exemple: a link "contact us" make the $content of the page change to some text.

Could you tell me how to do this please? Should I create a new script PHP? Or any other idear?

Thanx !

That web link does not go to anywhere.

Check your template to make sure everything is in order (look at the blank template as an example).

Does your site function corrrectly with STS turned off?

thankyou for replying

here missed a letter

http://www.mazmak.com/osc/catalog/

yes it works fine with sts turned off

best

I am not sure I'm asking in the right place, but perhaps somebody here can help.

I have STS installed on a heavily modified version of osCommerce but needed to upgrade to the RC version, so I basically am starting from scratch and reinstalling using all the latest versions of my favorite contributions (like STS!). I have everything almost ready for prime time. The one thing I wasn't able to get ported over was the actual product/orders data for the "Bestsellers" info box. I moved over all the data from my live site's customers and orders tables, but it doesn't show up.

If I put in a fake order, the product shows up as a bestseller, so I know it's working right in STS. I was just hoping to port over the historical data from the old site.

When recreating the site I wasn't able to match up all my category ids, and I'm sure my product ids are also not the same... can somebody tell me if this is the problem with the data not transferring? If so, I'll just call it a night!

Thanks so much, and again, thanks for a great contribution... this one makes all the difference!

Janet

I am not sure I'm asking in the right place, but perhaps somebody here can help.

I have STS installed on a heavily modified version of osCommerce but needed to upgrade to the RC version, so I basically am starting from scratch and reinstalling using all the latest versions of my favorite contributions (like STS!). I have everything almost ready for prime time. The one thing I wasn't able to get ported over was the actual product/orders data for the "Bestsellers" info box. I moved over all the data from my live site's customers and orders tables, but it doesn't show up.

If I put in a fake order, the product shows up as a bestseller, so I know it's working right in STS. I was just hoping to port over the historical data from the old site.

When recreating the site I wasn't able to match up all my category ids, and I'm sure my product ids are also not the same... can somebody tell me if this is the problem with the data not transferring? If so, I'll just call it a night!

Thanks so much, and again, thanks for a great contribution... this one makes all the difference!

Janet

Janet,

Nothing to do with STS but everything to do with your database. You will need to merge in the data from your old database into the new one using phpMyAdmin or something similar.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

thankyou for replying

here missed a letter

http://www.mazmak.com/osc/catalog/

yes it works fine with sts turned off

best

Are you using the template from the Modern RC2a STS Template as I designed it or did you make any modifications to it?

I ran the STS Debug on your index.php page and you are missing some code from the STS contribution. This is either because it is missing from the actual template page or missing from your shop altogether. It you are using the stock template with no changes on your part, then I would have to say you did not install STS correctly or completely. This could also be related to a bad FTP client software not uploading the pages correctly or completely.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi, Bill

I want to add some new content in my site. For exemple: a link "contact us" make the $content of the page change to some text.

Could you tell me how to do this please? Should I create a new script PHP? Or any other idear?

Thanx !

I'm not sure what you are asking but if you are wanting to create a new page with some custom text and then link to it, take a look at my "Add New Pages using STS" add-on in the STSv4 Power Pack site (a site dedicated to STS add-ons - link in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Are you using the template from the Modern RC2a STS Template as I designed it or did you make any modifications to it?

I ran the STS Debug on your index.php page and you are missing some code from the STS contribution. This is either because it is missing from the actual template page or missing from your shop altogether. It you are using the stock template with no changes on your part, then I would have to say you did not install STS correctly or completely. This could also be related to a bad FTP client software not uploading the pages correctly or completely.

I just up loaded your template as it was,

i will try with clean install of ocs and then sts

thank you for your help