• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Eduardo,

STS does not come with the Portuguesse language by default. You will need to add this to your setup and then select this as your defualt language in your shop's admin so that your store will display this language by default.

This is not a difficult thing to accomplish. You will need to add the following:

• includes/languages/portuguesse/modules/sts/
    • sts.default.php
    • sts.index.php
    • sts.popup_image.php
    • sts_product_info.php

Hope this helped,

bkellum,

I already know that STS don't come with my language. ;)

Well, I tried several times to use the add-on without success. I upload all the files correctly (I'm sure of that), including the folder 'sts' above and the setup of the desired language like the default isn't possible. I'm thinking about to exclude the other languages but we never know when the store can expand, right?

[]'s

Edu

Well... I did manage to solve my problem by myself. :rolleyes:

Here is what I did if someone else has the need for it (show model in $cartbox)

In includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php around line 43 find:

$cart_contents_string .= $products[$i]['name'] . '</span></a></td></tr>';

Replace it with:

$cart_contents_string .= $products[$i]['name'] . ', ' . $products[$i]['model'] . '</span></a></td></tr>';

Me too, Amrahp.

What it's important to say: to install the STS on a really fresh install of OSC. ONLY, and ONLY after this, to add a new language and copy the necessary folders on the new language's folder.

Working fine. It's an amazing add-on.

[]'s

Eduardo

Me too, Amrahp.

What it's important to say: to install the STS on a really fresh install of OSC. ONLY, and ONLY after this, to add a new language and copy the necessary folders on the new language's folder.

Working fine. It's an amazing add-on.

[]'s

Eduardo

Eduardo,

It really does not matter if you install STS first or not. All you need to do is make sure you have the proper language packs installed for any specific language that you may need. Anyway, glad you got it working.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi

I'm new to pretty much all of this and would really appreciate some help. I am trying to install STS and when I try to go to my website I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/naturenu/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 312

I don't know what it means or how to fix it as I didn't actually edit that file to begin with, only uploaded the new one directly from the RC2 folder.

Thanks for your help!!

Hi

I'm new to pretty much all of this and would really appreciate some help. I am trying to install STS and when I try to go to my website I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/naturenu/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 312

I don't know what it means or how to fix it as I didn't actually edit that file to begin with, only uploaded the new one directly from the RC2 folder.

Thanks for your help!!

Be sure that you uploaded all of the files from the STS folder as well as the files from the RC2 folder (that is if you are using the RC2 version of osCommerce).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Be sure that you uploaded all of the files from the STS folder as well as the files from the RC2 folder (that is if you are using the RC2 version of osCommerce).

I'm going to have to start all over again aren't I?

I'm going to have to start all over again aren't I?

I went back and doubled checked everything and reuploaded the files and I am still getting that error message and now I get an internal server error message - it happens when I upload the files instead of edit them manually for some reason :(

Edited by naturenu

I went back and doubled checked everything and reuploaded the files and I am still getting that error message and now I get an internal server error message - it happens when I upload the files instead of edit them manually for some reason :(

What version of osCommerce do you have installed?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

V2.2 RC2

OK. At this point I would have to point you to your FTP client software. Some have been known to not upload complete files and folders.

Also, do a file comparison of your files verses the files from the contribution using Beyond Compare or WinMerge. This operation will let you right away where the missing/misplaced code or files are.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK. At this point I would have to point you to your FTP client software. Some have been known to not upload complete files and folders.

Also, do a file comparison of your files verses the files from the contribution using Beyond Compare or WinMerge. This operation will let you right away where the missing/misplaced code or files are.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. I ended up having to manually edit one of the files because when I used the one that came in the RC2 folder it wouldn't work and would give me error messages, it was catalog\admin\modules.php causing the problems.

Now that I have that fixed and I'm starting to mess around with my site could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or module or something that will help me add my business logo and other stuff to the top of my pages? And maybe something for changing footers? :) And maybe a way to change the color scheme and well anything else good for someone just starting out. Thanks!

Edited by naturenu

New into osC and STS

osC V2.2 RC2

STS V4.5.8

Assistance required: editing php file that is called by $content

Wish to edit the file that starts with the following

<!-- start Index content //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"></td>

</table></td>
     </tr>
   </table>
<!-- end Index content //-->

I want to remove the class: "pageHeading", actually.

This partially depends on what page you want to edit the $content.

index.php has the content info for your categories pages and index page. The content for your product pages though is in product_info.php and the pages it "requires" and/or "includes"

If you let us know what page you are wanting to change the pageHeading tag on - we will better be able to help you.

New into osC and STS

osC V2.2 RC2

STS V4.5.8

Assistance required: editing php file that is called by $content

Wish to edit the file that starts with the following

<!-- start Index content //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"></td>

</table></td>
     </tr>
   </table>
<!-- end Index content //-->

I want to remove the class: "pageHeading", actually.

~Tracy

Hello,

I am new to osC and STS as well, and am having some difficulty. I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I am trying to add my logo to the top of my page and it isn't showing up. It worked fine before installing STS, but now doesn't. Can someone help? Thanks!

I think this is an STS problem, but not sure. The STS manual clearly states to NOT put page titles in the <head> but that the tag $headcontent will do it for you, but in the store that I'm building, none of the pages display a title other than 'Untitled Document'. Anybody else have this problem? Can you suggest a fix?

thanks,

Jerry

Hello,

I am new to osC and STS as well, and am having some difficulty. I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I am trying to add my logo to the top of my page and it isn't showing up. It worked fine before installing STS, but now doesn't. Can someone help? Thanks!

There is more than one way to do this.

1. Insert an image just as you would insert images into a typical HTML page.
  2. Rename your store logo to match the name of the stock osCommerce logo and then upload this image into your images folder.
  3. Use the STS tag: $cataloglogo
    This tag is an Image with link to index.php. Multilanguage.
    The image is header_logo.gif, located in [template folder/]images/english (and other languages). Before STS v4.3: image was oscommerce.gif in catalog/images folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I think this is an STS problem, but not sure. The STS manual clearly states to NOT put page titles in the <head> but that the tag $headcontent will do it for you, but in the store that I'm building, none of the pages display a title other than 'Untitled Document'. Anybody else have this problem? Can you suggest a fix?

thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

STS will pick up what ever you have listed for your store title. It works with the $headertags variable. This placeholder contains the meta tags to be placed in the header of the page. By default it contains only the <TITLE> tag with the constant TITLE defined in includes/languages/english.php and other languages. You do not need to place $headertags on your template, STS automatically adds this placeholder to $headcontent.

The $headcontent works best when paired with the Header Tags Controller contribution which allows you to control all of your meta-tags in the Admin.

Be sure you inserted the $headcontent tag correctly as so or it will not work correctly:

<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>

The $headcontent tag is created in includes/classes/sts.php so check there to be sure you have that page. You may have uploaded the wrong sts.php file as there are a couple different sts.php files in other locations.

I have created a step by step on how to install HTCv2.6.3 (preferred version) onto a STS shop (the link is in my signature below).

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am new to STS and would like to give it a try. I have STS V4.5.8 installed on a test computer running V2.2 RC2a. If STS does what I hope it does, this will be excellent for making a template. I do have one small problem though. I have Cart in Header 1.23 installed and would like to keep it however STS makes it disappear. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

a quick question, before I used STS, I was able to do this...

<?php  echo sizeof($products = $cart->get_products()).' items'; ?>

I am quite a noob with these stuff. But basically, what that code did was display "# items" that is in the cart already.

Is it possible to do this in STS? Would be awesome if someone could help me with this as soon as possible.

thanks in advance.

You can include PHP in your templates. Depending on where you want to show the information though would determine where it would be best to include the code. Do you want this on the shopping cart page itself, in the shopping cart infobox, or on a category or product page?

a quick question, before I used STS, I was able to do this...

<?php  echo sizeof($products = $cart->get_products()).' items'; ?>

I am quite a noob with these stuff. But basically, what that code did was display "# items" that is in the cart already.

Is it possible to do this in STS? Would be awesome if someone could help me with this as soon as possible.

thanks in advance.

~Tracy

thanks for replying TracyS,

well that code used to belong in the header, so it'll appear on every page.

When I put that code in my new STS template.. i get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_products() on a non-object in /home/themaste/public_html/includes/sts_templates/tmm/sts_template.html on line 26

line 26 is where that php code is.

Edited by Chinmi

The only thing I am struggling with is finding the CSS stylesheet that control the elements with in STS. I tried changing the stylesheet catalog/stylesheet.css but it doesn't reflect the changes.

Also when i change the index page it does not reflect on all the pages throughout - is this normal? If so how to I edit the other pages?

If I could just get everything to work this tool would be priceless :) Thanks to all who have contributed to it.

if at first you do succeed...try not to look surprised!

Bill:

Thanks for the reply. The problem remains, in spite of the following in includes/languages/english.php:

// page title

define('TITLE', 'ClearViewBuilding.com');

Also checked includes/classes/sts.php & it is there. And, verified the <head> contents are placed correctly. Still getting "Untitled Document' on all pages.

Jerry,

STS will pick up what ever you have listed for your store title. It works with the $headertags variable. This placeholder contains the meta tags to be placed in the header of the page. By default it contains only the <TITLE> tag with the constant TITLE defined in includes/languages/english.php and other languages. You do not need to place $headertags on your template, STS automatically adds this placeholder to $headcontent.

The $headcontent works best when paired with the Header Tags Controller contribution which allows you to control all of your meta-tags in the Admin.

Be sure you inserted the $headcontent tag correctly as so or it will not work correctly:

<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>

The $headcontent tag is created in includes/classes/sts.php so check there to be sure you have that page. You may have uploaded the wrong sts.php file as there are a couple different sts.php files in other locations.

I have created a step by step on how to install HTCv2.6.3 (preferred version) onto a STS shop (the link is in my signature below).

Hope this helped,

Please forgive me, but without understanding the end result you want, I am having a hard time determining what to suggest.

If the code is in the header of the page - where is the result being displayed? Why is the total number of items in the cart needing to be pulled by every page?

I'm asking because the answers will help me to know where the best place for the code might be as I'm having a hard time visualizing the point behind pulling to total number of items in the cart, especially since it is already done on every page that you show the shopping cart infobox on :blush:

thanks for replying TracyS,

well that code used to belong in the header, so it'll appear on every page.

When I put that code in my new STS template.. i get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_products() on a non-object in /home/themaste/public_html/includes/sts_templates/tmm/sts_template.html on line 26

line 26 is where that php code is.

~Tracy