• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I have taken an existing OSCommerce store I built and copied it over a new OSCommerce store so I don't have to install all the contributions etc again. But I noticed the client side had not picked up the STS template. When I went to Admin to see if it needs to be turned on and select STS I get this error

STS Modules

Warning: main(/home/effortle/public_html/hair/includes/languages/english/modules/sts/sts_home.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/effortle/public_html/hair/admin/modules.php on line 136

Warning: main(/home/effortle/public_html/hair/includes/languages/english/modules/sts/sts_home.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/effortle/public_html/hair/admin/modules.php on line 136

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/effortle/public_html/hair/includes/languages/english/modules/sts/sts_home.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/effortle/public_html/hair/admin/modules.php on line 136

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class sts_index in /home/effortle/public_html/hair/includes/modules/sts/sts_index.php on line 15

Does anyone know what I've done wrong? I've gone through the STS installation manual to ensure all files an manual changes have copied over correctly and they are all present.

Thanks

Lotti

Well after a long trying to figure out the infobox problem I have to say that I am still stuck deep in the mud!

I found that if I remove all the infobox templates and switch infobox templates on then it registers a problem in that it cant find them, but the text is the size it should. Now, if I ten place the basic infobox template in then the text goes to a larger size for some reason and its this problem that I am still trying to figure out.

I have tried to make the text smaller on dreamweaver and while this works when it is previewed as soon as I switch on sts infoboxes then the text goes large again.

I am really stuck and its driving me mad and really not sure how to correct this, any ideas as I am all out even after trying all the suggestions so far.

Hi,

I'm using oscommerce and STS for a while already. Recently i found out that when Google tries to crawl my pages, it returns a HTTP 500 error (internal server error). I checked my website (www.dollpoint.de) with the Live Headers Firefox extension and found out that i can see all pages but they all return the http status 500.

I also use the SEO-G extension. I first thought that would cause the problem but it doesn't. I can turn it off and the problem is still there. Only when i turn off STS, i get the http status 200. I also have the problem with different sts templates so it must be a problem of sts itself. Does anybody know where it could come from?

Blank pages help!

I am having this issue that all I get are blank pages. Even in dbug mode.

I installed twice and still nothing, been searching for hours for an answer. Alot of people seem to have this issue, but no answers.

Hi,

i solved the problem: I used the wrong PHP-Version. STS seems to have problems with PHP 5.x but works with 4.x

Thanks for giving me the idea with the other server.

Ben

Wrong again...STS works on PHP 4 & 5.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Nobody can help me with this? I'm very frustrated.

Im going nuts trying to find out why all I get is a blank page. Nobody is answering any of my posts on this.

I know someone has been thru this b4.

Edited by a1sports

Nobody can help me with this? I'm very frustrated.

Im going nuts trying to find out why all I get is a blank page. Nobody is answering any of my posts on this.

I know someone has been thru this b4.

Tim,

I know you said you tried installing it several times but you still did not install it correctly. My suggestion would be for you to compare your live shops files with the files from the contribution to make sure all of the code changes were made in the correct spot as well as all of the files being uploaded in the correct file structure.

:thumbsup: The best way to do the above is by using a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I prefer horizontal menus - so $hlist works brilliantly for me.

What I'd like to do is to have an "$hlist2" which does the same for level 2 categories and is invoked by clicking (or mouseover) on items in $hlist.

Has anyone achieved this?

Tim,

I know you said you tried installing it several times but you still did not install it correctly. My suggestion would be for you to compare your live shops files with the files from the contribution to make sure all of the code changes were made in the correct spot as well as all of the files being uploaded in the correct file structure.

:thumbsup: The best way to do the above is by using a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge.

Ok I will tray again.

One silly question though...when the instructions say to insert code at the beginning or end of a file, it still needs to be inside the <?php or ?> right? Or is that the reason I am having trouble?

Ok I will tray again.

One silly question though...when the instructions say to insert code at the beginning or end of a file, it still needs to be inside the <?php or ?> right? Or is that the reason I am having trouble?

Yes, you need to have it inside the opening <?php and closing ?> tags. To be sure, just compare it with the file of the same name in the contribution (all of the code has already been placed in the correct location).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

How do I show field without showing field title.

For example I wasn to show Catagories but I don't want the word "Catagories" to appear in my template?

Thanks

Steve

Simply create an infobox template for the categories box and leave out the STS tag $headertext

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Can anyone tell me what name I need to save the cartbox as to make the infobox template for the cartbox appear?

I have tried saving it as 'infobox_cartbox.php' and 'infobox_cart.php' but whichever I save it as the box does not appear?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what name I need to save the cartbox as to make the infobox template for the cartbox appear?

I have tried saving it as 'infobox_cartbox.php' and 'infobox_cart.php' but whichever I save it as the box does not appear?

Thanks.

Gareth,

The infobox names are listed in includes/boxes/ and includes/modules.

Your particular box would be infobox_shopping_cart.php.html.

I answered your same question a few pages back:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1227006

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with STS 4.5.8 and Header Tags SEO v3 (the new version of the old Header Tags Controller).

On the products info page, there is some text at the bottom that Header Tags SEO puts in which says "Currently Viewing:"

Unfortunately it does not have the link after it that it should have.

I have already contacted Jack (creator of Header Tags SEO) and he says that the problem is probably between STS and Header Tags SEO somewhere, but was unable to help at this stage.

I have followed the instructions in both packages, and the writeup from bkellum on the older HTC version with STS, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? And does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance, Owen.

Edited by pinballfixer

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with STS 4.5.8 and Header Tags SEO v3 (the new version of the old Header Tags Controller).

On the products info page, there is some text at the bottom that Header Tags SEO puts in which says "Currently Viewing:"

Unfortunately it does not have the link after it that it should have.

I have already contacted Jack (creator of Header Tags SEO) and he says that the problem is probably between STS and Header Tags SEO somewhere, but was unable to help at this stage.

I have followed the instructions in both packages, and the writeup from bkellum on the older HTC version with STS, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? And does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance, Owen.

Another thing I have noticed is that because the "Currently Viewing:" code from Header Tags SEO doesn't work properly with STS, it also screws up the page view in Internet Explorer, but not in FireFox.

I only have one category and want to display the products contained in this single category on the index page.

I've created index.php_0.html and included the line

<?php include("index.php_21.html"); ?>

at the point where I want to display the list of products. (21 being the category id)

I've also created index.php_21.html. The problem I have is knowing what code to put in index.php_21.html

I'm guessing I have to copy this from the main index.php and make a few amendments.

At the moment I have the following in index.php_21.html but it's obviously not correct

<?php
$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '21' and cd.categories_id = '21' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		  <tr>
<?php

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
		}
?>

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in these forums but after a long search I haven't been able to find it.

Another thing I have noticed is that because the "Currently Viewing:" code from Header Tags SEO doesn't work properly with STS, it also screws up the page view in Internet Explorer, but not in FireFox.

If you are using content templates for product_info pages, turn off this option in the STS Product Info module. Does the HTSEO link display correctly? If so, the problem lies with missing HTSEO code in the sts_inc/product_info.php file.

:thumbsup: Note: Any contribution that makes edits to the stock product_info.php script, AND YOU USE PRODUCT_INFO CONTENT TEMPLATES, then those same edits would need to be duplicated in the sts_inc/product_info.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I only have one category and want to display the products contained in this single category on the index page.

I've created index.php_0.html and included the line

<?php include("index.php_21.html"); ?>

at the point where I want to display the list of products. (21 being the category id)

I've also created index.php_21.html. The problem I have is knowing what code to put in index.php_21.html

I'm guessing I have to copy this from the main index.php and make a few amendments.

At the moment I have the following in index.php_21.html but it's obviously not correct

<?php
$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '21' and cd.categories_id = '21' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	  <tr>
		  <tr>
<?php

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
		}
?>

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in these forums but after a long search I haven't been able to find it.

You would need to install one of the following contributions:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4474

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5699

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5351

These contributions will take the user directly to the product page if only one category/product.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You would need to install one of the following contributions:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4474

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5699

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5351

These contributions will take the user directly to the product page if only one category/product.

Thanks for the reply but none of these do what I'm after. I want to list all the products on the home page (i.e put the product listing in place of new products for month)

This must be something that is frequently required. There must be lots of small online stores with only one category containing a limited number of products

Had a quick question, what would be the easiest way of setting the page width to a fixed width I have RC2, STS 4.5.8 and HTC SEO.

The site looks fine but I had to go and view it on a 1280x1024 enabled monitor and now my OCD has kicked in : )

Would like to set the site to 1024 centered.

I assume this would be done in my default STS template somewhere?

Thanks for any help you guys may have.

Edited by sitefire