• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi Tracy, Ok I am very confused now.

I have not installed the Megapower packs at all.

I have downloaded it as you suggested and I have compared all the files from dynameu with the dynamenu files in the mega power pack, there is no differences.

I have not compared the other files as the mega power pack isn't installed and would therefore show up numerous differences. Please Advise

Marco

Go here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

Click on and download the STS_MEGA_POWER_PACK_BUNDLE files (both sets) and the megapwrpckfix file. Put the new general.php file (from the fix download) where it goes in the Mega Power Pack Bundle download. Then compare your site's files with the file's in the download :thumbsup:

Hi Bill

Following exactly you instructions and refreshing at each point.

Added the following to the sts_column_left.php

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

$sts->restart_capture('dmbox', 'box'); // Get Dynamenu Category box

Causing the up the following error

Categories

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/…../catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 267

LayersMenu Error: setMenuStructureString: empty string.

Halted.

Added the following to my sts_template.html under the breadcrumb trail

<table border="1" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr><td>$dmbox</td></tr>

</table>

Causing the following error:

Categories

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/…../catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 267

Halted.

The error remained the same for the last additions

Do you have any more ideas what might be causing this problem?

Tracy had me compare the dynamenu files to those in the mega power pack, they are identicle

Marco

Marco,

Try the following to make sure Dynamenu works with STS:

• Install STSv4.5.8
  • Install Dynamenu and be sure to do the following:
  • Add this line of code in includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php:

• Add the $dmbox tag in your template where you want the menu to appear.
  • Add this line of code in includes/application_bottom.php just before the last ?>:

// Output the footer for Dynamenu for osCommerce
echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter'];

• Find this line of code in includes/column_left.php:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

• Add this just after:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

That should get you where you need to go.

Hope this helped,

I need to add a row of 3 products for every category in my store to the main page.

Something like the attached image but the blank squares would have 3 products from the category listed to the left of it.

front.jpg

I apologize for not going into extensive detail but I have been up for 24 hrs and beating my head against the wall over the problem for days!

If you can help in any way . . . . . . . the beer is on me!

Thanks,

Snikle

Would this contribution do what you are needing?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/112

I need to add a row of 3 products for every category in my store to the main page.

Something like the attached image but the blank squares would have 3 products from the category listed to the left of it.

front.jpg

I apologize for not going into extensive detail but I have been up for 24 hrs and beating my head against the wall over the problem for days!

If you can help in any way . . . . . . . the beer is on me!

Thanks,

Snikle

~Tracy

Nope - that looks good so I'm off to find other differences ;)

Back at it again today - LOL So far I have learned that the menu footer is actually being output twice - once above and once below the <html> & </html> tags -weird!

The pages that are NOT messed up are the index, category and product pages. Every other page seems to have this problem.

Anyone got any ideas on what scripts affect all BUT the index, category & product pages? :huh:

~Tracy

Getting Closer - It IS something to do with STS. I normally just change the Default from true to false to turn off using STS templates, decided to see what would happen if I turned Default AND Index to false - and wouldn't ya know, the problem goes away!

So - somewhere, somehow, there is a difference in how STS is handling the templates of everything other than the index, category and product pages.

Anybody know where I might look for this?

:blush:

Back at it again today - LOL So far I have learned that the menu footer is actually being output twice - once above and once below the <html> & </html> tags -weird!

The pages that are NOT messed up are the index, category and product pages. Every other page seems to have this problem.

Anyone got any ideas on what scripts affect all BUT the index, category & product pages? :huh:

~Tracy

WOOHOO!! Ok- for anyone else who has this issue in the future with Dynamenu & STS - I had this:

Admin->Modules->STS

In my "Default" area, under "Files for normal template", I had included this line:

;dynamenu_footer.php

It was not on the "Index" area.

Once I removed that bit of code, I no longer had the issue of the submenu text loading before everything else on the page, and being both above and below the opening and closing HTML tags!!

:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Getting Closer - It IS something to do with STS. I normally just change the Default from true to false to turn off using STS templates, decided to see what would happen if I turned Default AND Index to false - and wouldn't ya know, the problem goes away!

So - somewhere, somehow, there is a difference in how STS is handling the templates of everything other than the index, category and product pages.

Anybody know where I might look for this?

:blush:

~Tracy

Hum...another minor problem...

If I activate templates, the category "pages" don't respect the Configuration->Images->"Image Required" setting and display a broken image. Setting Modules->STS->"Use Templates" to false eliminates the problem.

Is it something I did in screwing around with the templates? Seems to be using the standard sts_template.html $content replace, and although the list itself is coming from infobox_product_listing.php.html, the head ("Let's See What We Have Here" and graphic) doesn't seem to be something I'm mucking with. (I'm already planning on a workaround using a blank image, but I wouldn't mind tracking this down...)

I have a couple of things I am looking to you for help with.

First, I have read all of the documentation I can find on how to use and apply templates to the site I am building using STS. While I have been able to implement some of the basics of these instructions, the majority of the escape me. I guess I am hoping someone can explain to me in very plain english what it is I need to do in order to apply the same look and feel I have applied already, to the rest of my store.

Very Under Construction !

www.simplerelocation.com

As you can see from the site above, I have been able to apply my own styles to the framework of the site. I have done this by editing the full/index.php.html and stylesheet.css files. I have created a full/product_info.php.html and a full/content/product_info.php.html to control all of the product info pages as well as edited the full/sts_template.php.html for all others.

1) What I am unable to do is edit any of the content areas for pages that draw for the index.php file, and the reading I have done to try and find out, I guess might be over my head.

2) I can only guess that if I create the file full/content/advanced_search.php.html I will be able to control the look and feel of the content area on this page. But I have no idea what the calls ( $xxxxxxx$ ) would be to place the functions on this page (categories pull-down, manufacturers pull-down, search in product descriptions checkbox etc.).

I truly appreciate any light you can shed!

Snikle :'(

@bkellum

Hi ! Hope you find a moment to take a look at my files....perhaps you can see what is going wrong with importing that strange code in my system...

thanks !!!

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

I am still having problems. People keep giving me suggestions, and I look in the files and the text is not there. I never customized the text, so I am not sure where it is coming from. I even did a full text search and I am not finding the text or even part of the text. Also, even after I changed the "Cart Contents" text it did not do anything. Any ideas what is going on? I tried posting to this but I did not get a reply:

osCommerce Community Support Forums > osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x > General Support

I am still having trouble with all of these for some reason. See post Post #3497 for my code modification. Even when I changed 'cart contents' to 'shopping cart' it still did not update. I can not find number 2 anywhere:

1. Cart Contents (change to "Shopping Cart") Also one of the settings in my images category is duplicated (I think I ran a SQL script 2 times). But I looked everywhere in my SQL database. Any ideas how to get to this?

2. How can I change the processing time... of this:

Your Order Has Been Processed!

Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days.

3. Email is not working, even tough I think it used to work. How can I fix this/test this? Is there a way to set options for the SMTP? What about SMTP with a password? What files are involved with sending email? Is there a configure file?

I found this if it helps. This is from my provider, and I think it will fix my email problem, but I am not sure where to put it:

Subject: How to use CT mail servers with a custom PHP script

Article #1067

Input these three lines into your coding to specify the server, port, and from address:

ini_set("SMTP","mail.yourdomain.com");

ini_set("smtp_port","25");

ini_set("sendmail_from","[email protected]");

I think STS must be doing something, because I just checked the file, and the message is not in there:

checkout_confirmation.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_confirmation.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Checkout');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Confirmation');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Order Confirmation');

define('HEADING_DELIVERY_ADDRESS', 'Delivery Address');
define('HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Method');
define('HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('HEADING_TAX', 'Tax');
define('HEADING_TOTAL', 'Total');
define('HEADING_BILLING_INFORMATION', 'Billing Information');
define('HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS', 'Billing Address');
define('HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Payment Method');
define('HEADING_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'Payment Information');
define('HEADING_ORDER_COMMENTS', 'Comments About Your Order');

define('TEXT_EDIT', 'Edit');
?>

I am still having problems. People keep giving me suggestions, and I look in the files and the text is not there. I never customized the text, so I am not sure where it is coming from. I even did a full text search

(*sigh*) Clearly you didn't do a "full text search," since I did and found what you seek. And seriously - if you're talking about your #2, two of us have already told you (one publically, one privately) that it is in the file:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php:define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days.');

This is clearly not an STS4 issue. If you are referring to #1, it is defined in variables in two seperate files. A simple grep -r will show you which files. This is not an STS4 issue, either.

As for number 3, third verse same as the others - nothing to do with STS4.

Please learn how to use grep -r, and post to the appropriate threads. This thread is large enough without being cluttered with questions having nothing to do with the thread topic.

Edited by CharlieSummers

Jessica,

Take a look at my "Add New Pages to STS" contribution listed on the STSv4 Power Pack site (a site dedicated to STS add-ons, link is in my signature below). Use the Dec 18, 2007 version.

There is another way to do it but it is a little more complicated. Look up Chapter 3.11 in the STS User Manual for STSv4.5.8.

Hope this helped,

It truly did Bill! You´re a star! Many thanks!

Btw.. Do you have any clue why the pop up image won´t work properly? I am using the product_info.php.html and popup_image.php template. When the "click to enlarge" is used I get "popupWindow is not defined" in Firefox web developer toolbar and the image won´t pop up...

In IE I get "error on page". :angry:

I did look around in the forum and followed some tips, for example did I add some code etc. Seems weird though because I´m pretty sure that you guys made the pop up feature work without hassle and the need of changing code..

Well.. I´ll take a break now and my dog for a walk instead. :rolleyes:

Kind Regards.

Hi to everyone, sorry if this question has been answered already, please point me in the right direction :thumbsup:

I am trying to get a list of folders in DIR_FS_CATALOG . MODULE_STS_TEMPLATES_FOLDER . MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER and display it instead of the database value of the current template folder, I need some help, I think it will be great if it can be added to the existing contribution, as I think many people will find it useful

so far I have

////
// Construct a drop down list of templates (MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER) in folder (MODULE_STS_TEMPLATES_FOLDER) 
function get_sts_templates()
  {
   $basedir = DIR_FS_CATALOG . MODULE_STS_TEMPLATES_FOLDER . MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER;
   $ret_str = '<select>';

if ($handle = opendir( $basedir )) {
	   while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) {
		   if ( $file != "." && $file != ".." && is_dir( "$basedir/$file" ) )
		   {
			   $ret_str .= "<option>$file</option>\n";
		   }
	   }
	   closedir($handle);
   }
   $ret_str .= '</select>';
   return $ret_str;
  }

Can anyone tell me how i can accomplish this? and possibly help me?

Many thanks, you guys rock!

Riaan

I'm an osCommerce Pimp ..

Hi Bill,

Today I did a fresh install and I installed my downloaded version of dynamenu, without STS.

It worked perfectly, there is definatly an issue with STS and Dynamenu as I have tried twice to install it over fresh installs with STS.

Can you please offer any further advice?

Many thanks

Marco

Hi Bill

Following exactly you instructions and refreshing at each point.

Added the following to the sts_column_left.php

Causing the up the following error

Categories

Halted.

Added the following to my sts_template.html under the breadcrumb trail

<table border="1" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr><td>$dmbox</td></tr>

</table>

Causing the following error:

Categories

Halted.

The error remained the same for the last additions

Do you have any more ideas what might be causing this problem?

Tracy had me compare the dynamenu files to those in the mega power pack, they are identicle

Marco

Charlie,

How do you use grep -r on a Windows OS ? Can it be used through FTP? :huh:

(*sigh*) Clearly you didn't do a "full text search," since I did and found what you seek. And seriously - if you're talking about your #2, two of us have already told you (one publically, one privately) that it is in the file:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php:define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days.');

This is clearly not an STS4 issue. If you are referring to #1, it is defined in variables in two seperate files. A simple grep -r will show you which files. This is not an STS4 issue, either.

As for number 3, third verse same as the others - nothing to do with STS4.

Please learn how to use grep -r, and post to the appropriate threads. This thread is large enough without being cluttered with questions having nothing to do with the thread topic.

~Tracy

This has been driving me crazy, I know it has to be something easy cause if it wasn't I would have figured it out by now.

On the login.php page I want to have the the two different boxes "New Customer" "Returning Customer" on top of one another instead of side by side like how it is by default in osC.

I have checked the User Manual but could not find any tags for those two boxes. without actually editing the login.php file can I achieve this when creating a login.php.html file?