• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

im trying to edit the product_info.php page, why does it look like this, instead of being part of the site and also not showing what the placeholders are supposed to show?

http://newindex.kumarsbookstore.com/catalo...;products_id=37

Looks like you messed up on your product_info.php.html template. If you did create such a template, then you still need the header, columns and footer. Don't confuse the product_info content templates with the product_info page templates. If you don't have such a template, then the problem lies with your index or default template.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Quick question for someone: (forgive me if these sound irrational or if they have been answered already)

After adding my template to my site, the styles for the $content tag do not seem to apply themselves.

I have the stylesheet.css set to use the correct functions (found from viewing page source), yet I am not able to see them take hold.

Must I find the actual file ($content, wherever that may be..?) and set the template there?

If so, shouldn't the template already take precedence over this? Thus disregarding my attempt to find it?

I guess I'm just confused as to how I get the $content items to use the stylesheet I have created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick question for someone: (forgive me if these sound irrational or if they have been answered already)

After adding my template to my site, the styles for the $content tag do not seem to apply themselves.

I have the stylesheet.css set to use the correct functions (found from viewing page source), yet I am not able to see them take hold.

Must I find the actual file ($content, wherever that may be..?) and set the template there?

If so, shouldn't the template already take precedence over this? Thus disregarding my attempt to find it?

I guess I'm just confused as to how I get the $content items to use the stylesheet I have created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris,

If you made the changes in the stylesheet.css file as well as linking the stylesheet to the template page (see below for the details on how to link), then you should be seeing your styles. If not, then I would say that you are not linking them correctly from the template to the stylesheet.css file.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

i have a product_info.php.html, i thought whatever was inside that product info would be shown on the $content on my index page????

i have product_info.php.html at the very top level (sts_templates/template_name/product_info.php.html)

do i have to make a content folder under template name and then place the product info under that?

Also, how can i make all the "header/top" parts on the right look like the one on the left???

headerro8.jpg

So is it possible to make (remove products, qty) have the same header style as the categories?

Edited by kewldude_3001

i have a product_info.php.html, i thought whatever was inside that product info would be shown on the $content on my index page????

i have product_info.php.html at the very top level (sts_templates/template_name/product_info.php.html)

do i have to make a content folder under template name and then place the product info under that?

You can use multiple template files that will change according to the product selected in product_info.php. The logic to find the template is made in the "Product info" module, so it must be enabled from the admin side. Once enabled, you can create a template in the following path to be used for all products:

yourdomain.com/catalog/includes/sts_templates/*your template fodler*/product_info.php.html.

To change the position of the content elements of the product_info page, you have to create a content template. The folder to put these templates is named "content" and is located inside the folder having all of the other STS templates. For example: includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*/content.

The module "Product info" must be installed and enabled for this system to work.

How it works, general template:

Main templates are templates countaining the columns, header and footer. The center of the page only contains the $content placeholder.

With this module you have the possibility to define a separate "content template" that will replace the $content of the main template. Content templates must be located in the "content" folder inside the templates folder: includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*/content (by default)

When the Product Info module is enabled, it looks in the template folder to view which templates exist. It is possible to define templates based on the product ID or it's category ID. Templates must be located in the templates folder: includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*. It works like so (first found first used):

1. Check for a main template based on the product ID, for example product with ID 4:

1.1 Use product_info.php_4.html if exists.

2. Check for category specific main template, based on the category ID where the product is located. (Example below with a product located in category 22, located in subcategory 11)

2.1 Use product_info.php_c11_22.html if exists.

2.2 Use product_info.php_c11.html if exists.

2.3 Use product_info.php.html if exists.

3. No specific template found, use default template like defined in Default module (by default it is sts_template.html)

Now that we have a main template, look if there is a content template, based on product ID and the category where it belongs: example with product ID4:

1.1 Use product_info.php_4.html if exists.

2. Check for category specific content template, based on the category ID where the product is located. (Example below with a product located in category 22, located in category 11)

2.1 Use product_info.php_c11_22.html if exists.

2.2 Use product_info.php_c11.html if exists.

2.3 Use product_info.php.html if exists.

If no content template is found then do not use any, $content will come from the original catalog/product_info.php .

Hope that clears things up for you,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

headerro8.jpg

So is it possible to make (remove products, qty) have the same header style as the categories?

Yes, edit the stylesheet.css file. An easy way to find what parts of the CSS control a particular style, use the IE Developers Toolbar, which is a free download from Microsoft:

IE Developers Toolbar "FREE"

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I'm still confused! haha

I've gone through TONS of examples. Cleaned up, validated, and tested my index.html and stylesheet.css elsewhere to work and still nothing!!!

The weird part is that the frame I designed for the page will show up, but the elements that I enter ($categorybox, $manufacturerbox, $whatsnewbox, and $content) still show up the way the original install has designed them. Everything else is fine.

Is this a problem with my css and html files? I'm out of ideas on this one..

If possible could someone send me a copy of their html and css files so that I can compare against what I have.

lol im still confused about the product_info, i have it enabled and everything so why is it showing by itself on a different page again???

and also what file would i edit if im trying to change the layout of what shows when you click on a category, for instance if you click on accounting, what page do i edit for the page that shows the items for that category?

lol im still confused about the product_info, i have it enabled and everything so why is it showing by itself on a different page again???

and also what file would i edit if im trying to change the layout of what shows when you click on a category, for instance if you click on accounting, what page do i edit for the page that shows the items for that category?

I believe if you log in to the admin side. There is a side panel option of "Catalog/ Products"

If you already have the Accounting (catalog) item. Click on 'New Product' and create the product you wish to add to the Accounting section.

When its created you will see the list of items in the main portion of the window. Click on your new product and to the right side of the window there is a button labeled 'Move' that will allow you to move it to the Accounting section.

Now when you click on the Accounting link from the main page (or admin) it will show you those products.

well i had it working where if you click on a category, it shows u the products inside and then you could go to that products page, but this (product displaying on its own page, instead of showing up in the $content tag on my index) started happening when i enabled the product_info.php.html for the STS template.

I still have the question of what php file to edit so i can change the design of the column of the product listing, where it shows you the ProductName(able to sort), Price (able to sort), Buy Now.

well i figured out i am supposed to edit the index.php file under catalog but can someone tell me who to make edit index.php so:

1) Remove "Show" and the Manufacturers box

2) Remove Let's See what we have here image

3) Basically delete that row

4) Change the column heading (Product Name+......) to the same style as the Categories Box

5) Also shorten the Product name column so everything fits.

Thanks

<?php
// optional Product List Filter
if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
	$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
  } else {
	$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
  }
  $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
  if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
	echo '			<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
	} else {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
	}
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
	while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
	  $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
	}
	echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
	echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
  }
}

// Get the right image for the top-right
$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
  $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
} elseif ($current_category_id) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $image = $image['categories_image'];
}
?>

I deleted this part and it took away the Show: and the Manufacturers drop down list, it doesnt affect anything else right, I got 1-4 done, what i have left is 5

Edited by kewldude_3001

i just installed featured products, and i didnt do these two steps because i didnt have the files at the specified place....

15.1 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_template.html

$featuredbox

15.2 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/column_right.php or column_left.php

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'featured.php');

// STS: ADD
 $sts_block_name = 'featuredbox';
 require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 // STS: EOADD

15.3 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

$template['featuredbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['featuredbox'], 'featuredbox');

and further down

echo $sts_block['featured'];

Im guessing thats why featured products isnt showing up on my template page???? (it is enabled in admin)

i just installed featured products, and i didnt do these two steps because i didnt have the files at the specified place....

15.1 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_template.html

$featuredbox

15.2 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/column_right.php or column_left.php

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'featured.php');

// STS: ADD
 $sts_block_name = 'featuredbox';
 require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 // STS: EOADD

15.3 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

$template['featuredbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['featuredbox'], 'featuredbox');

and further down

echo $sts_block['featured'];

Im guessing thats why featured products isnt showing up on my template page???? (it is enabled in admin)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ash, Did you not see my contribution in the Featured Products section? My contribution WILL WORK with STSv4.x. Download it and follow my instructions and you will see. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

lol sigh :(, i'll try i used that one since i alreay had that version installed on my other site and since im using the same database i didnt want to run the same query but i'll try.

the one i installed was Featured Products 1.5.9 Complete Pack (installation guide modified)

Edited by kewldude_3001

lol, i started to backup my files, so i could replace them with the modified files, and i the first file i replaced was the index.php and for some reason i decided to see if that changed everything and guess what? it showed up so i didnt have to change anything else :)

now the hard part of making that look like the featured products below it :(

Edited by kewldude_3001

lol, i started to backup my files, so i could replace them with the modified files, and i the first file i replaced was the index.php and for some reason i decided to see if that changed everything and guess what? it showed up so i didnt have to change anything else :)

now the hard part of making that look like the featured products below it :(

If you added the code to the sts_user_code.php file that was suggested in my contribution, then you could easily make an infobox template for the featured area. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

which featured_products.php would i even start to edit so i can change how it looks on the index.php

I'm not intending to be rude but these types of questions should be asked in the proper forum that is specific to it so as not to confuse other STS users.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

i only need to add this code right?

$sts->start_capture();
 include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/featured.php');
 $sts->stop_capture('featuredbox');

now if i make an infobox template exactly like the one i have on the site (the bottom one), do i just insert productname1, productname 2 and so on so it displays each one or do i have to do some kind of loop????