• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I have completed installing STS 4.5.8 package on osCommerce 2.2-MS2, using STS installation guide.

I went to Admin Panel of my shop - > Modules - > STS, none of the 3 STS modules (Default, Index, Product Info) is listed.

Can anyone help?

I stepped through the code in admin//modules.php, notice that the classes for these 3 STS modules do not exist

if (tep_class_exists($class)) {
:
:
:
}

I have completed installing STS 4.5.8 package on osCommerce 2.2-MS2, using STS installation guide.

I went to Admin Panel of my shop - > Modules - > STS, none of the 3 STS modules (Default, Index, Product Info) is listed.

Can anyone help?

I stepped through the code in admin//modules.php, notice that the classes for these 3 STS modules do not exist

if (tep_class_exists($class)) {
:
:
:
}

You did not complete the installation or you broke the folder structure of the contribution. Re-install.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

hi bkellum,

thanks for your help. I finally made it.. it was just so stupid... require_once should help ^^.

by the way, my version works fine. I got no problems... probably because I didn't use infobox templates...

is it much to change to upgrade?

thx and greetz

futuredps

hi bkellum,

thanks for your help. I finally made it.. it was just so stupid... require_once should help ^^.

by the way, my version works fine. I got no problems... probably because I didn't use infobox templates...

is it much to change to upgrade?

thx and greetz

futuredps

No, the upgrade is very simple. I would suggest using a file comparison utility such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare (better) to compare your current site with the newer STSv4.5.8 files. It is just a few files and a few lines of code. You will run into problems once you start using infobox templates if you do not upgrade.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello,

I've added Customer Testamonials 3 to my store and added the the box info to sts_user_code as well as put the placeholder in my template. However, it works until someone tries to submit a testamonial. Then it returns the following code once they press the submit button.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/classes/sts.php on line 185

The store is located at http://www.buynintendowiiconsoleonline.com

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks

Lionel

Hello,

I've added Customer Testamonials 3 to my store and added the the box info to sts_user_code as well as put the placeholder in my template. However, it works until someone tries to submit a testamonial. Then it returns the following code once they press the submit button.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/classes/sts.php on line 185

The store is located at http://www.buynintendowiiconsoleonline.com

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks

Lionel

I agree with the assesment that Chris came up with in the following post regarding this issue:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1114742

This appears to be a problem with how Customer Testimonials does not have the proper PHP code regarding messagestack in the customer_testimonials.php file.

The following links gives a work around (I have not tested it though):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1115940

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am having a problem with a page heading image not showing up. I think it is because of the STS but im just not sure. The image is on the top in the page heading area when you click on one of my catagories and it goes to that page. This spot usually has one of the "Table_background" images but I cannot find which image is missing. I am using the latest STS and latest version of OSC. Here is the link Grillcharms.com Then click "grill charms" under the "category" infobox.

I am having a problem with a page heading image not showing up. I think it is because of the STS but im just not sure. The image is on the top in the page heading area when you click on one of my catagories and it goes to that page. This spot usually has one of the "Table_background" images but I cannot find which image is missing. I am using the latest STS and latest version of OSC. Here is the link Grillcharms.com Then click "grill charms" under the "category" infobox.

Hello Brian,

This has nothing to do with STS but more to do with how the image was uploaded in the admin. Open the category in the admin and then try to upload the image again.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I agree with the assesment that Chris came up with in the following post regarding this issue:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1114742

This appears to be a problem with how Customer Testimonials does not have the proper PHP code regarding messagestack in the customer_testimonials.php file.

The following links gives a work around (I have not tested it though):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1115940

Hope this helped,

Hey Bill,

The workaround did solve the problem, it allows the comment to be made and no errors. Unfortunately, it returns the customer to the exact entry screen, making them unsure if the comment registered (thus creating multiple entries when the customer hits submit a few times). It is a situation I am OK with for now. I wish I knew php (I am a novice hacker at best and not a programmer) so I could update the code. I pm'ed the maintainer. Hopefully he will have an opportunity at some point to update the code.

Thanks again for helping me with this!!

Hello Brian,

This has nothing to do with STS but more to do with how the image was uploaded in the admin. Open the category in the admin and then try to upload the image again.

Bill I couldn't figure out the name of what the picture was supposed to be there. I used firebug to try and figure it out and it just showed "images/". Any ideas on what the pic name is supposed to be there? or where I could edit the code and put my own pic there?

Bill I couldn't figure out the name of what the picture was supposed to be there. I used firebug to try and figure it out and it just showed "images/". Any ideas on what the pic name is supposed to be there? or where I could edit the code and put my own pic there?

Brian,

Just upload a new image from your computer.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This thread and contribution is absolutely magnificent!! I read it and learn new things ever day! Thanks a lot!

What I really want to know is if there is a way to make something like this on the product pages?

ed5fc3c140.jpg

I have tested the $optionnames$ and $optionchoices$ but don´t like that method too much. I´d prefer to have a check box and then "add to cart" or even better something like this:

c338183c34.jpg

That means I want to add products with different weight or packages but under same name. Could that be possible?

(No... I am not going to sell peanuts this was just to show you how I´m thinking) :blush:

Brian,

Just upload a new image from your computer.

Bill, I understand that but when you don't know the name of the image or where to edit the code to chage the image name, then this dosen't help. When I know the image name or where the file is that controls that section then I will upload a transparent image. Guess Im not explaining myself good enough.

Bill, I understand that but when you don't know the name of the image or where to edit the code to chage the image name, then this dosen't help. When I know the image name or where the file is that controls that section then I will upload a transparent image. Guess Im not explaining myself good enough.

That's OK...we'll connect sooner or later or someone else will understand what your issue is better than I am... :lol:

If I am hearing you correctly...

1. The category image is missing on the category page and only shows a x where the image should be.
  2. When right-clicking on the image in a browser, the properties of the image has the image name blank meaning either an image was not uploaded or was placed in the wrong folder.

My solution:

1. The only way to replace a missing image is to reupload that image. Sorry, I nor anyone else can tell you the name of the missing image or where that image might be on your computer. Didn't you create the image in the first place? Not being cocky here so please do not take these comments wrong.
  2. If you did not create the image, I can only assume that this was some sort of purchased template? If so, contact them to get a new image.

I'll stop there since I am not even sure I am barking up the right tree or not. :lol:

One more point...if you just do not want to have an image there, you can change the setting in the admin to not force images. This will remove the x from the page.

See this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3862

And this: Remove Category Images

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am new to all this but I think I am doing ok but any help would be appreciated.

I installed oscommerce 2.2 RC1 with not problems and installed STS v4.5.8 with no apparent problems, I went to admin installed the default template but when I check the site it has not changed from the normal Oscommerce one. I checked all STS directorys including the Full and test that need to be there an none are missing and all where the instructions say they need to be.

So if anyone knows what I am doing wrong I'll greatfully accept any help.

Thanks All

Bill I was able to workaround it with the required image setting in admin.... didn't know that was there. Thanks

The design wasn't a template, that image was supposed to be one of the table_background_whatever images. Figured there was a specific file that had the html coding for that section. In the sts_template i designed the center is only the $content. so this coding comes from somewhere within OSC.

Beats me..... but at least it's fixed. Thanks for your help Bill.

Brian

I am new to all this but I think I am doing ok but any help would be appreciated.

I installed oscommerce 2.2 RC1 with not problems and installed STS v4.5.8 with no apparent problems, I went to admin installed the default template but when I check the site it has not changed from the normal Oscommerce one. I checked all STS directorys including the Full and test that need to be there an none are missing and all where the instructions say they need to be.

So if anyone knows what I am doing wrong I'll greatfully accept any help.

Thanks All

Just to add to my problem the ?sts_debug=debug brings up all the correct results but still wont show the page I'm lost here

Just to add to my problem the ?sts_debug=debug brings up all the correct results but still wont show the page I'm lost here

Paul, can you give a link?

Keep in mind that the sample template was designed to simulate the default osC look. It is up to you to either edit the sample or create your own.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey all,

A quick question. So far everytime I've made an edit to my test store I have done so in a php page. Actually I just started so I only made any changed to index.php. With STS, should I be making the changes on the index.php.html files? It just seems like I installed the software and I still have no clue what I'm doing. I would like to change the look of my products page but not sure if I would do that in the product_info.php or the product_info.html

Thanks for the help. Hopefully someday I'll understand this enough to help some people out of my own.

-Kevin

Hey all,

A quick question. So far everytime I've made an edit to my test store I have done so in a php page. Actually I just started so I only made any changed to index.php. With STS, should I be making the changes on the index.php.html files? It just seems like I installed the software and I still have no clue what I'm doing. I would like to change the look of my products page but not sure if I would do that in the product_info.php or the product_info.html

Thanks for the help. Hopefully someday I'll understand this enough to help some people out of my own.

-Kevin

Hello Kevin,

STS becomes more clearer once you gain a good knoledge of how osCommerce functions and what pages are called.

Regarding your question about the product page, play around with the product_info.php.html template to get the design that you want for all your products.

If you want a particular design for a specific product, then create a template and call it product_info.php_x.html, where x is the product ID.

If you want to change the layout of the $content tag in your product template, then create a separate template product_info.php.html but this time save the template in the "content" folder. You can find an example of this in the sts_templates/full/content folder. *You will also need to enable the STS Product Info module in the admin. See the STS User Manual for more details.

:thumbsup: There is no need to edit the actual PHP files but if you do, the changes will be reflected (or pulled in) by the $content tag. The only $content template available at this time is the product_info.php.html in the content folder (mentioned above).

:thumbsup: I added little text indicators to the each of the sample templates to let you know what template pages are being called to assist in learning how STS works.

For example:

This is the template for index.php page. You can find it here: $templatedir/index.php.html

Remove this line once you are familiar with what is what in STS.

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Halo guys..I"m new a oscommerce and i alredy stumbeld acros a problem..I have innstalled osscomerce 2.2 and now i want to make ms site as i want..And i dont know what exatly do i have to do to install STS?i was looking for some instrustions,i did everything that is written in readme file but i dont know hot to go ahead?what to do to strart editing?

I did start on a short answer to kevin but bkellum already had the answer... sry!

No luck so far with my last question so I give another question a go and hope I'll have som luck. ;)

I have edited the index.php.html to have a different look. I did remove the $content and inserted som text etc...

When I click on a category that same look shows as on the index.html and not the category as I want.

How do I get around this? I tried to change in the admin section, uploaded various html files etc but have failed.

I want to have one template for my categories and in this include the $content. I did read about the manufacturer template in the index module documentation but that didn't make me any wiser...

Have read and tried everything I can now and I am getting crazy here soon!!

Please, please give me a hint!

Edited by Amrahp

Hello Kevin,

STS becomes more clearer once you gain a good knoledge of how osCommerce functions and what pages are called.

Regarding your question about the product page, play around with the product_info.php.html template to get the design that you want for all your products.

If you want a particular design for a specific product, then create a template and call it product_info.php_x.html, where x is the product ID.

If you want to change the layout of the $content tag in your product template, then create a separate template product_info.php.html but this time save the template in the "content" folder. You can find an example of this in the sts_templates/full/content folder. *You will also need to enable the STS Product Info module in the admin. See the STS User Manual for more details.

:thumbsup: There is no need to edit the actual PHP files but if you do, the changes will be reflected (or pulled in) by the $content tag. The only $content template available at this time is the product_info.php.html in the content folder (mentioned above).

:thumbsup: I added little text indicators to the each of the sample templates to let you know what template pages are being called to assist in learning how STS works.

For example:

This is the template for index.php page. You can find it here: $templatedir/index.php.html

Remove this line once you are familiar with what is what in STS.

Have fun,

Thanks Bill

That was a big help and I got most of that. Now I am lost on the $content. The instructions I believe say to edit the full/content/product_info.php.html file but when I look at it, It looks like the document for my products page.

What I'm lookin to do is on the main page I would like the "new products for (month)" box with my new products. Thats the only page I would like that box on and can't seem to figure out how to keep it to only the index page.

The site in question is http://www.bbpdesigns.com/clients/bbpdesigns/catalog/

Thanks again for the quick reply to my questions!

I did start on a short answer to kevin but bkellum already had the answer... sry!

No luck so far with my last question so I give another question a go and hope I'll have som luck. ;)

I have edited the index.php.html to have a different look. I did remove the $content and inserted som text etc...

When I click on a category that same look shows as on the index.html and not the category as I want.

How do I get around this? I tried to change in the admin section, uploaded various html files etc but have failed.

I want to have one template for my categories and in this include the $content. I did read about the manufacturer template in the index module documentation but that didn't make me any wiser...

Have read and tried everything I can now and I am getting crazy here soon!!

Please, please give me a hint!

John,

:thumbsup: Just a tip on forum edits...I personally do not go back and reread posts that I have already read. It would be better to post a new question instead of editing the content of a previous post since it might not get noticed by everyone. I just so happened to see yours since it was next to last at the time.

Try this:

Create a "home page" template called index.php_0.html and leave out the $content tag. Now create a index.php.html template as the default category template but insert the $content tag. You can still create as many specific category templates as you need (index.php_x.html where x is the category ID).

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks Bill

That was a big help and I got most of that. Now I am lost on the $content. The instructions I believe say to edit the full/content/product_info.php.html file but when I look at it, It looks like the document for my products page.

What I'm lookin to do is on the main page I would like the "new products for (month)" box with my new products. Thats the only page I would like that box on and can't seem to figure out how to keep it to only the index page.

The site in question is http://www.bbpdesigns.com/clients/bbpdesigns/catalog/

Thanks again for the quick reply to my questions!

Hello Kevin,

You have some work ahead of you in order to accomplish the above...

Since I do not know your PHP skill level, I am going to suggest using a contribution to get this done.

1. Install Featured Products (use my version as it has been tested extensively)
  2. You will noitice that Featured Products replaces the standard New Products For Month box with two options:
    • A new infobox
    • A replacement Infobox for the New Products

[*]Make the edits in the catalog/index.php and then comment them out ( use // ) This will cause PHP to skip these lines of code and therefore the Featured Products box that replaces the New Products box will not show.

[*]Add the new STS tag for the Featured Products infobox wherever you want it to be (in one of the columns or in the main content area).

[*]Control what products are displayed in the admin under Featured Products

I believe this will do what you are wanting to do with your templates and the New Products for month. By the way, you can still call the box "New Products for Month" or anything else you prefer. It does not have to say the default "Featured Products".

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions