• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

and when I mean about uploading it with dream weaver, is that I had propably done the same thing many many times yesterday thorugh out the day, testing it. And one more try, and it went BLANK, all from editing the html template file

and when I mean about uploading it with dream weaver, is that I had propably done the same thing many many times yesterday thorugh out the day, testing it. And one more try, and it went BLANK, all from editing the html template file

Allen,

Try using one of the template files that came with the contribution to help rule out any errors within your template itself. Also be sure your STS Module settings are pointing to the correct template folder.

Also, since this appears to be a FTP problem, check the dates and times of all your osCommerce files to be sure no files were inadvertantly copied over or corrupted during the timed out upload.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Allen,

Try using one of the template files that came with the contribution to help rule out any errors within your template itself. Also be sure your STS Module settings are pointing to the correct template folder.

Also, since this appears to be a FTP problem, check the dates and times of all your osCommerce files to be sure no files were inadvertantly copied over or corrupted during the timed out upload.

WOW! This is even CRAZIER!!! Now it works! I tried all day replacing via ftp the file, and it wouldnt work. I tried with the template files that came with the contribution also, and IT DIDNT WORK. I finally gave up everything and decided to upgrade to 4.5.2, i started comparing and merging the files in includes (right and left column, application top and bottom, header and footer), then I stopped to go do something else. Later I came back and refreshed my site and MAGICALLY IT WORKED!!! I never fully upgraded, just those files, which had never been touched since months ago that I started building this site and installed STS.

I guess it had to be the issue with the FTP timing out on upload, but I didnt really do anythiing to fix? Any comments on this Bill? Has this happened to anybody before?

Thanks for all the help, Bill and others, I appreciate it.

Allen

WOW! This is even CRAZIER!!! Now it works! I tried all day replacing via ftp the file, and it wouldnt work. I tried with the template files that came with the contribution also, and IT DIDNT WORK. I finally gave up everything and decided to upgrade to 4.5.2, i started comparing and merging the files in includes (right and left column, application top and bottom, header and footer), then I stopped to go do something else. Later I came back and refreshed my site and MAGICALLY IT WORKED!!! I never fully upgraded, just those files, which had never been touched since months ago that I started building this site and installed STS.

I guess it had to be the issue with the FTP timing out on upload, but I didnt really do anythiing to fix? Any comments on this Bill? Has this happened to anybody before?

Thanks for all the help, Bill and others, I appreciate it.

Allen

FTP Voo Doo (no offense to the Voo Doo practitioners out there) :lol:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have been having a few problems since my last post (on older STS thread) - see

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...541&st=3797

and hope you can put me on straight and narrow to get this site up in August.

I have posted elsewhere for advice on getting osC main and therefore the opening STS template page with its $content placeholder to feature five main categories simply as images with title under (similar to New Products layout) which then link to page of images for products in that selected category - this time with layout just as New Products. Is there a route I can go down with STS templates or a simpler route with osC coding? Cart before the horse - I have achieved the main template layout to my specification and am content with the product page layout (as now is).

There are two areas where placeholders are giving me problems - (1) $manufacturerbox (I have this under "Search by" in index left of page on link above but it does not show and (2) on same page how do I link $reviewsbutton to actual take customer to reviews?

I am an amateur at this but getting there - with a little help....

Hi Bill,

I am having trouble integrating STS with Customer Testimonials 2.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,839/category,all/search,testimonials)

Like many other people I am getting the error when I post a testimonial whilst using STS

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in F:\home\impactnz\public_html\includes\classes\sts.php on line 185

I tried your suggestion on http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=263281 but it did not seem to make a difference.

I was going to make a post offering a reward for anybody who could fix it, but I thought I should probably ask you first as you know STS inside out and probably deserve the reward more than anybody else.

Kind Regards,

Ryan

Hi everybody, I'm in the process of upgrading to the latest version of STS but have run into a small problem as I upgraded to v4.3.2 w HTC 2.6. At the bottom of every page there is a pile of code outlining what every file has done. I'm having a hard time explaining this but if you go here, www.beaddiva.ca you'll see what I mean. I had this problem when I first setup the site but can't for the life of me remember how to fix it.

Thanks for your help

Joe

I have been having a few problems since my last post (on older STS thread) - see

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...541&st=3797

and hope you can put me on straight and narrow to get this site up in August.

I have posted elsewhere for advice on getting osC main and therefore the opening STS template page with its $content placeholder to feature five main categories simply as images with title under (similar to New Products layout) which then link to page of images for products in that selected category - this time with layout just as New Products. Is there a route I can go down with STS templates or a simpler route with osC coding? Cart before the horse - I have achieved the main template layout to my specification and am content with the product page layout (as now is).

There are two areas where placeholders are giving me problems - (1) $manufacturerbox (I have this under "Search by" in index left of page on link above but it does not show and (2) on same page how do I link $reviewsbutton to actual take customer to reviews?

I am an amateur at this but getting there - with a little help....

Before I get too deep on this, have you considered the categories on main page contribution?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2125

I'm not sure if that is what you are after so I will start with that.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi everybody, I'm in the process of upgrading to the latest version of STS but have run into a small problem as I upgraded to v4.3.2 w HTC 2.6. At the bottom of every page there is a pile of code outlining what every file has done. I'm having a hard time explaining this but if you go here, www.beaddiva.ca you'll see what I mean. I had this problem when I first setup the site but can't for the life of me remember how to fix it.

Thanks for your help

Joe

Joe,

In the STS Default Module, what do you have listed under "Files to Include" as well as what is your template folder setup as? You are using the Debug feature of STS and that is what is causing the code to appear.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Joe,

In the STS Default Module, what do you have listed under "Files to Include" as well as what is your template folder setup as? You are using the Debug feature of STS and that is what is causing the code to appear.

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Hi Bill,

I am having trouble integrating STS with Customer Testimonials 2.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,839/category,all/search,testimonials)

Like many other people I am getting the error when I post a testimonial whilst using STS

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in F:\home\impactnz\public_html\includes\classes\sts.php on line 185

I tried your suggestion on http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=263281 but it did not seem to make a difference.

I was going to make a post offering a reward for anybody who could fix it, but I thought I should probably ask you first as you know STS inside out and probably deserve the reward more than anybody else.

Kind Regards,

Ryan

Ryan, compare your installation of the following file: includes/application_top.php with the file of the same name from the STSv4.5.3 contribution.

Tracy (a few pages back) is using that contribution with STSv4.5.2. She reported that everything works with STS. Maybe she can comment on any special modifications she may have made other than what I suggested.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Joe, add the word "debug" (without the quotes) in "Code for Debug output" field.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Joe, add the word "debug" (without the quotes) in "Code for Debug output" field.

Thank you Bill that was it. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to sort out why my infoboxes don't look the same anymore, but I will leave that until tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Thanks again Bill.

Joe

I have STSv4 and Header tags installed, and working wonderfully.

I tried to install the CCGV gift voucher contribution but have hit lots of problems. The user responsible for that contribution has been incredibly helpful but it seems that these contributions may not work together.

Does anyone have them working together or know of a gift voucher contribution I can install safely with sts

Thanks Lotti

I have STSv4 and Header tags installed, and working wonderfully.

I tried to install the CCGV gift voucher contribution but have hit lots of problems. The user responsible for that contribution has been incredibly helpful but it seems that these contributions may not work together.

Does anyone have them working together or know of a gift voucher contribution I can install safely with sts

Thanks Lotti

Please, does anyone have a voucher system and sts working together?

Thanks

Please, does anyone have a voucher system and sts working together?

Thanks

Lotti, It would be easier to assist you if you would describe the issues you are having.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Lotti, It would be easier to assist you if you would describe the issues you are having.

Sorry, I should have done that.

I installed CCGV, but the admin side did not work. I uninstalled it all (I think, removing the tables and the entries in the configuration table). But it didn't remove the voucher bit from the Admin panel. I was getting help on the CCGV forum but once they realized I had sts they couldn't help me. So I'm kind of stuck.

I can't fully remove it, and I can't get it to work. I wondered if any one had had any luck with a voucher system either this one or any other as I am no way going to remove sts - would be lost without it! But I have to have a voucher system.

Does that explain my situation or do you need more information. I can give the error message I get when I click on the voucher link in admin:

Since installing CCGV(trad) when I go to voucher in admin I get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_COUPON_ADMIN was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks

Lotti

If you have problem in admin, it's not related to STS. And as far as I know, there is no incompatibilities between STS and CCGV.

Your problem is a missing definition in includes/filenames.php

- Chris

If you have problem in admin, it's not related to STS. And as far as I know, there is no incompatibilities between STS and CCGV.

Your problem is a missing definition in includes/filenames.php

- Chris

thank you so much, you could have hit the nail on the head, will go through the filenames.php.

Thanks for confirming they are not incompatible, at least I know it's worth persevering!!

Lotti

Before I get too deep on this, have you considered the categories on main page contribution?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2125

I'm not sure if that is what you are after so I will start with that.

Hope this helped,

Bill

For reference firstly let me give you these links...

Catalogue Opening Page - COP

First Layer Down Sub Category - SUB

Products in Sub Category - PRODLIST

Products Page

...it will save on words. Contribution 2125 works as in COP but has issues in that colour changes to match background only partially work when hover on etc (STS clash?). I need to progress downward via SUB and PRODLIST to actual product page with image links as shown. You can, of course, access all the above directly via the URL shown on those page images.

Clearly whilst osC Admin>Config>Images allows me to play with COP image sizes which is fine for purpose on that page, I do not want them anywhere else or image sizes in SUB dictated by that same control. Hence my original comments as to whether STS can give me a SUB page as illustrated?

Grateful for any guidance or help you may be able to offer and response to my original query on $manufacturerbox and $reviewsbutton link - see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...381&st=2431

Michael

thank you so much, you could have hit the nail on the head, will go through the filenames.php.

Thanks for confirming they are not incompatible, at least I know it's worth persevering!!

Lotti

Chris

I've reinstalled everything and the instructions do not appear to make any reference to the filenames. php - do you know which definition needs to be added?

Thanks

Upper case in infobox header?

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to change infoboxes header text to upper case, just using the template file (without changing STS module code).

I've tried to change $headertext to <?php echo strtoupper($headertext) ?> in infobox_header.php.html file but obviously it didn't work.

I know I can change this directly in languages' files but I prefer asking before making any changes.

Best Regards,

Joaquim.

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use the Service Form contribution, where someone can fill out a form with personal information, and then mail a printed copy to me with their product for servicing. The basic form works great with STS, but when I click "continue" the completed form should show as a printer ready document. Instead, I get my template with all the placeholder names showing such as $categories, etc. You can see what I mean here: Visit My Website

How can I generate a printer friendly version of this form, please?

Thank you for your help.

Colin.

Chris

I've reinstalled everything and the instructions do not appear to make any reference to the filenames. php - do you know which definition needs to be added?

Thanks

I've got it working - thank you so much!