• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Anybody else having problems displaying secure and unsecure items using STS for RC1?

I have tracked it down to the way the graphics for my templates are being hadnled, even though all the path are relative for some reason in a secure environment they come up as non-secure.

Could this be due to the same bug that was in the STS Power Pack or something else?

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

Anybody else having problems displaying secure and unsecure items using STS for RC1?

I have tracked it down to the way the graphics for my templates are being hadnled, even though all the path are relative for some reason in a secure environment they come up as non-secure.

Could this be due to the same bug that was in the STS Power Pack or something else?

Two things...

1. Give an example of the relative paths that you are using. Try using a forward slash at the begining of the link.
  2. What bug are you referring to and what add-on in the STS Power Pack are you referring to as well?

:thumbsup: The STS Power Pack is NOT a contribution but rather a site that is designated to collect STS Add-ons in one central download site. Most if not all of the add-ons require that STS be installed or the add-on will not work.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I have installed STS and successfully implemented a template system for my store- it works great, thanks!! :D

However, I do not know how to create a product template. I have read the user docs. and I can't get it to work. I have installed the neccessary module in the admin area. Anyone able to give me a step by step guide on what to do?

Cheers!

Andy.

Andy, what type of product template are you trying to make? There are two types: 1: A template for the entire page, and 2: A template just for the content area.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

STS Is GREAT! One problem though....when I click on a category, and then on the product there are no images. I can see the image placeholders loading, but I only get the alt text for the images, and no buttons, except on the checkout page and beyond.

Example here: My Website

Thanks a ton,

Colinz,

Your category links are not correct. If you did not create this manually, then the error resides in your configure.php files (catalog paths).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Two things...
  1. Give an example of the relative paths that you are using. Try using a forward slash at the begining of the link.
  2. What bug are you referring to and what add-on in the STS Power Pack are you referring to as well?

:thumbsup: The STS Power Pack is NOT a contribution but rather a site that is designated to collect STS Add-ons in one central download site. Most if not all of the add-ons require that STS be installed or the add-on will not work.

Hi Bill thanks for your response, here is a snippet of html that is used to make up a section of my site. adding a forward slash to the url breaks the images.

<td width="28" background="styles/apollo/images/tr.jpg"> </td>

As for the bug I was referring to, it was in STS Plus sorry not the Power Pack, here is a link to the post regarding what I was talking about.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=918563

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Eighteen48

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

Colinz,

Your category links are not correct. If you did not create this manually, then the error resides in your configure.php files (catalog paths).

Bill, thanks for the quick response. I'm a bit confused....and please forgive my ignorance....why do the images show on a stock template, but not on my custom? I've checked and rechecked everything, and my config file has not been modified from stock to custom templates. I see the product images and buttons on the shopping cart page and checkout, but just not on the product info pages. :'(

Bill, thanks for the quick response. I'm a bit confused....and please forgive my ignorance....why do the images show on a stock template, but not on my custom? I've checked and rechecked everything, and my config file has not been modified from stock to custom templates. I see the product images and buttons on the shopping cart page and checkout, but just not on the product info pages. :'(

Take a look at the link that is being produced in your catagories box:

http://www.uwconnection.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21

That is not correct. It should read:

http://www.uwconnection.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

If you have the following option in your store's admin set to "true", you should set it to "false":

Admin/Configuration/"Use Search Engine Friendly URLs (still in development)"

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill thanks for your response, here is a snippet of html that is used to make up a section of my site. adding a forward slash to the url breaks the images.

<td width="28" background="styles/apollo/images/tr.jpg"> </td>

As for the bug I was referring to, it was in STS Plus sorry not the Power Pack, here is a link to the post regarding what I was talking about.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=918563

Thanks for your help.

Are you sure your images are at fault?

• Recheck each page that is showing unseccur- it may even be something in your header for example.
  • Be sure you do not have any hard coded references to "http:"
  • Be sure you are not referencing images or pages or anything else (logos) that is not located on your server. Sometimes people will do this in good faith such as when using a payment gateways logo hosted on the gateways server.
  • Be sure your configure files have the correct paths for the https: which should be the domain name and not the url i.e the path for https: you should not have www in it.

Have you tried: ../apollo/images/tr.jpg

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Take a look at the link that is being produced in your catagories box:

http://www.uwconnection.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21

That is not correct. It should read:

http://www.uwconnection.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

If you have the following option in your store's admin set to "true", you should set it to "false":

Admin/Configuration/"Use Search Engine Friendly URLs (still in development)"

Brilliant! Thanks Bill....worked like a charm! Definitely worth a contribution to your efforts.

Best,

Colin.

Brilliant! Thanks Bill....worked like a charm! Definitely worth a contribution to your efforts.

Best,

Colin.

Glad it worked for you Colin. Thanks for the donation. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey, I have gone through the installation instructions, (i have a standard install of the OSC v2.2 RC1 which is in /var/www/oscommerce i literally copied over the directories of the sts_453 directory to that of /var/www/oscommerce/catalog directory, hence it would have overwritten the necessary files.

I have checked the files, and can see them there from the list of files it gives for installation. However when i go to the test/sts_template.html page, i manage to get the osCOMMERCE image and some of the CSS elements i.e. the grey footer and the top and the bottom which contain the account, cart contents and checkout links, but the variables actually display on the screen and are not being parsed!

I have the actual variable names $catmenu $categorgrybox $manufacturerbox $content $whatsnewbox $specialbox $searchbox $informationbox etc on the left hand side and the other variable names on the righ thand side.

I can't figure out why it isn't parsing them, i ran through the manual configuration in the install documents, and i can see the snippets of code available. I installed the module from the admin panel, and edited the areas i.e. default and selected true for it to be used, and such so i am a little confused.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello.

Is there any way to use a specialized popupimage template per product ID?

popup_image.php.html --> popup_image.php_29.html

Or does the STS code not check for a product-level popup template?

Thanks

Amy

Hey, I have gone through the installation instructions, (i have a standard install of the OSC v2.2 RC1 which is in /var/www/oscommerce i literally copied over the directories of the sts_453 directory to that of /var/www/oscommerce/catalog directory, hence it would have overwritten the necessary files.

I have checked the files, and can see them there from the list of files it gives for installation. However when i go to the test/sts_template.html page, i manage to get the osCOMMERCE image and some of the CSS elements i.e. the grey footer and the top and the bottom which contain the account, cart contents and checkout links, but the variables actually display on the screen and are not being parsed!

I have the actual variable names $catmenu $categorgrybox $manufacturerbox $content $whatsnewbox $specialbox $searchbox $informationbox etc on the left hand side and the other variable names on the righ thand side.

I can't figure out why it isn't parsing them, i ran through the manual configuration in the install documents, and i can see the snippets of code available. I installed the module from the admin panel, and edited the areas i.e. default and selected true for it to be used, and such so i am a little confused.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

That is what will happen if you are trying to access the template by name in the browser. STS is designed to represent the page that is being called for in the browser, not the template page itself.

You should be calling up http://www.yourstore.com/oscommerce_directory/

STS will pull up the template needed for the index.php page, in your case, the test/sts_template.html.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Andy, what type of product template are you trying to make? There are two types: 1: A template for the entire page, and 2: A template just for the content area.

Hi,

I'm trying to make a template for the content area, so that the product info layout is "static" whilst the rest of the page (menus etc) are just the stanard "universal" template.

Thanks,

Andy.

Are you sure your images are at fault?
  • Recheck each page that is showing unseccur- it may even be something in your header for example.
  • Be sure you do not have any hard coded references to "http:"
  • Be sure you are not referencing images or pages or anything else (logos) that is not located on your server. Sometimes people will do this in good faith such as when using a payment gateways logo hosted on the gateways server.
  • Be sure your configure files have the correct paths for the https: which should be the domain name and not the url i.e the path for https: you should not have www in it.

Have you tried: ../apollo/images/tr.jpg

have no idea what happened, but when i went to back back-up everything up so I can add Featured Products for STS everything is working fine.

Thanks for the help anyways.