• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi

I´m working on my product_info.php content template, and I would like to change:

- a Placeholder $product_popup (the javascript with small image and link to popup window) not with small image but with intermediate size that then are linked to a popup window. This Because I would like to have 3 sizes for same image ($imagesmal; intermediate (this will have the popup) and $imagelarge).

What´s could be the best way to do that?

Tks.

Isa

Hello to all...

Im having problems to create a new uniques templates for each of my products...

i'll relate what i do:

I download the product_info.php_3.html from my sts_templates/full. I change the name to product_info.php_c21_25.html that is the product that i create....

So i edit this file product_info.php_c21_25.html with pure HTML code and so upload it to my content folder.

After i done this, i run the site and the page appear look, but the buttons ADD TO CART disappeared from the page modified product_info.php_c21_25.html.

I think its because i put pure HTML code, and the buttons are php.

So, what i need do to put the ADD to CART buttons back on product_info.php_c21_25.html ???

Thank you

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Hello All,

Quick question about Google Analytics. There is a module that helps us to install google analytics. I only have one template for my whole site... could I just add the google analytics code to that template, instead of installing the module?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

Chris

Hello All,

Quick question about Google Analytics. There is a module that helps us to install google analytics. I only have one template for my whole site... could I just add the google analytics code to that template, instead of installing the module?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

Chris

No, you will need to install the Google Analytics module and then add the code to each of the STS Templates that you use.

:thumbsup: There are some instructions on the Google Analytics download page for use with STS4.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Help!Help

I use STSv 4.5 to creat the product_info.php layout, and I put $addtocartbutton Placeholder in product_info.php.html, but I found the $addtocartbutton just own the add to cart button,without url,when I click add to cart button,It is not work,what shoud I do ,give me a suggestion,thank you!!!!!

I am attempting to use css withing my templates... i am putting a series of links over an image to use as a menu (which i cant get actually over, they always appear under any ideas?). I can seem to change most attributes except text-decoration and color... why? is it being overided by a global attribute?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Help!Help

I use STSv 4.5 to creat the product_info.php layout, and I put $addtocartbutton Placeholder in product_info.php.html, but I found the $addtocartbutton just own the add to cart button,without url,when I click add to cart button,It is not work,what shoud I do ,give me a suggestion,thank you!!!!!

Try $addtocartbutton$ and be sure you have enabled the STS Product Info Module in your store's Admin.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I am attempting to use css withing my templates... i am putting a series of links over an image to use as a menu (which i cant get actually over, they always appear under any ideas?). I can seem to change most attributes except text-decoration and color... why? is it being overided by a global attribute?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Yes, your stylesheet.css file located in your shops root folder by default would over-ride text styling. You could remove the link to the stylesheet.css file from within your STS template to rule this out.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all,

I'm in trouble guys. After installation is done I cant switch 'Use Template?' function to True mode. Dont know why <_<

I tried to install STS both replacing the files and editing manually but it doesnt work anyway.

Suggestions please.

Thanks in advance. Any help will be great appreciated.

Hi all,

I'm in trouble guys. After installation is done I cant switch 'Use Template?' function to True mode. Dont know why <_<

I tried to install STS both replacing the files and editing manually but it doesnt work anyway.

Suggestions please.

Thanks in advance. Any help will be great appreciated.

Ivan, you ran up against the osC 060817 refresh bug.

This link should help you out:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1086031

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Try $addtocartbutton$ and be sure you have enabled the STS Product Info Module in your store's Admin.

Thanks bkellum's help , I tried $addtocartbutton$ and I'm sure I had enabled the Product Info Module in admin panel,but it still does't work,still no url .I want know,Is there has a placeholders like :" $reviewsurl " for $addtocartbutton????

because I use <a href="$reviewsurl">$reviewsbutton</a> ,then the reviewsbutton is ok.

Question 2: I aslo want creat templates for specific categories, use index.php_x.html ,I don't like the defaule layout list the product one per line,I want several per line,like the index.php list new products, what placeholders should be put in index.php_x.html,or what should I do???that's all

waiting for your help, Thanks bkellum again ;) ;)

Edited by masikuer

Thanks bkellum's help , I tried $addtocartbutton$ and I'm sure I had enabled the Product Info Module in admin panel,but it still does't work,still no url .I want know,Is there has a placeholders like :" $reviewsurl " for $addtocartbutton????

because I use <a href="$reviewsurl">$reviewsbutton</a> ,then the reviewsbutton is ok.

Question 2: I aslo want creat templates for specific categories, use index.php_x.html ,I don't like the defaule layout list the product one per line,I want several per line,like the index.php list new products, what placeholders should be put in index.php_x.html,or what should I do???that's all

waiting for your help, Thanks bkellum again ;) ;)

In order for the $addtocartbutton to function properly, you need to make sure you have correctly inserted the following tags into your product template:

• $startform :Required as the first item in the content area. This starts the HTML form needed for adding things to your cart
  • $endform :This should be the last item in the content area. This closes the HTML form needed for adding things to your cart

You will also need to enable the STS Product Info Module in your store's Admin.

Also, compare your product_info.php with a stock osCommerce product_info.php file to be sure you didn't modify this file (possibly from a separate contribution installation) to a point that it is not functioning properly. :thumbsup: NOTE: For contributions that modify the product_info.php file, you should make the same changes in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file as well.

STS does not change the way the products are sorted or listed, such as modifications to columns and such. It can be done but you would have to create a separate module for that (PHP coding).

I would suggest installing a separate contribution that would do this modification for you. Here is one that may interest you:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,112

Hope this has helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Please help

I have installed sts 4.5

i have tried in admin tools, modules , to change the setings MODULE_STS_DEFAULT_TITLE

for example if i want to switch templates from false to true

or if i change template folder to full

when i click accept i dosent changes any thing

sorry for my english

Please help

I have installed sts 4.5

i have tried in admin tools, modules , to change the setings MODULE_STS_DEFAULT_TITLE

for example if i want to switch templates from false to true

or if i change template folder to full

when i click accept i dosent changes any thing

sorry for my english

Sorry .. but i have solved the problem . i have found a thread in this forum ......

Thanks

Life Saver!

I spent an embarrasing amount of hours trying to work out why my STS & HTC weren't talking - plowing through endless lines of code and confusing instructions that came with the contributions.

I dont understand why this simple bit of info isnt included - or maybe its is - but I couldnt find it.

Now I can sleep. What a relief! THANKS.

FFS this forum is hard to use - I was trying to reply to

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1086557

Some simple instructions that explains the HTC & STS merge

Anthony, you posted in the right place. Thanks for the "THANKS". I try to make things as simple as possible. :-

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

i am using sts and its great, i am just having a small problem i am have put in meta tags and Title on each of my index page with my hand. but i found that the " <!--$headcontent--> " tag is giving me problem by creating its own title and meta. me being an dumb guy who dose not think before doing things just removed it and for that reason the pop up images stopped working as pointed out by " :thumbsup: Bill" . But now i`m in a proble that if i keep the headcontent tag i stand to lose out on search engine ranking (not that i have much) and if i don`t i can`t see the pop up images.

could some one please tell me how to edit " <!--$headcontent--> " :blush:

Thanks

Ajay.

Ajay,

Put this in the head of your template and your popup images should work:

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=50,screenY=50,top=50,left=
50')
}
//--></script>

Hi,

i am using sts and its great, i am just having a small problem i am have put in meta tags and Title on each of my index page with my hand. but i found that the " <!--$headcontent--> " tag is giving me problem by creating its own title and meta. me being an dumb guy who dose not think before doing things just removed it and for that reason the pop up images stopped working as pointed out by " :thumbsup: Bill" . But now i`m in a proble that if i keep the headcontent tag i stand to lose out on search engine ranking (not that i have much) and if i don`t i can`t see the pop up images.

could some one please tell me how to edit " <!--$headcontent--> " :blush:

Thanks

Ajay.

Hi,

i am using sts and its great, i am just having a small problem i am have put in meta tags and Title on each of my index page with my hand. but i found that the " " tag is giving me problem by creating its own title and meta. me being an dumb guy who dose not think before doing things just removed it and for that reason the pop up images stopped working as pointed out by " :thumbsup: Bill" . But now i`m in a proble that if i keep the headcontent tag i stand to lose out on search engine ranking (not that i have much) and if i don`t i can`t see the pop up images.

could some one please tell me how to edit " " :blush:

Thanks

Ajay.

Ajay,

My suggestion would be to install the Header Tags Controller contribution to manage your meta tags. You can follow my step by step guide (see link in my signature) or install the STS/HTC bundle available on the STS4 Power Pack site (link also in my signature).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hmm.. the link I posted above didnt go to exactly the right post, so it wont help anyone. Fortunately I saved a shortcut to it when I found it originally & here it is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...00#entry1086557

Strangely, if I use the "show link to this post" feature - top right of every post - then that gives the following URL:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1086557

Which doesnt seem to relate to to the page that had the very helpful information.

Seems to be a different topic altogether to this one... I dont trust this forum ... so heres a pasting of the info:

How to install Header Tags Controller with the Simple Template System v4x:

Simple Instructions:

HTC installation:

Step 1: Make the necessary changes in the DB, like mentionned in the HTC instructions.

Step 2: Install the files on the admin side, like mentionned in the HTC instructions.

For the catalog side, do NOT follow the HTC instructions, but:

Step 3: From the HTC distribution, copy the following files to your store:

- catalog\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php

- catalog\includes\functions\header_tags.php

- catalog\includes\header_tags.php

- catalog\includes\boxes\header_tags.php

- catalog\includes\languages\english\header_tags.php (for each language in your shop)

STS side installation:

Step 4: Download the headertags.php file located on the STS Power Pack site. You can find this file in the very first contribution (dated August 14, 2006). Here is the link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

Step 5: Copy the headertags.php module (from the download above) to the following folder in your store: - catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php

Step 6: Go to your admin panel, Modules, STS.

- For each module installed, add 'headertags.php' to the list of files to include.

For example:

- In the Default Module, you have a parameter named 'Files for normal template'. By default it contains only 'sts_user_code.php'. If you modify this parameter to 'sts_user_code.php;headertags.php' you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template.

Do the same for the Index module and the Product_info Module.

- Index Module: the parameter is called 'Files for index.php template'.

- Product_info Module: there are 2 parameters: 'Files for normal template' and 'Files for content template.

Step 7: Be sure you have the following line of code at the beginning of your includes/header_tags.php file:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

- or -

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Step 8: Operate HTC as you normally would from the admin according to the HTC instructions.

--------------------------------

If all of the above is too daunting for you, I have bundled the two contributions together into one seamless install package located in the STS4 Power Pack site (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456).

Hope this has helped you out in getting STSv4.5.2 and HTCv2.6.3 installed and working well with each other,

Ajay,

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=50,screenY=50,top=50,left=
50')
}
//--></script>

hi Debbie i did put your script in my page but for some reason it is not working. you can see it here Image it is just not poping.

Ajay,

My suggestion would be to install the Header Tags Controller contribution to manage your meta tags. You can follow my step by step guide (see link in my signature) or install the STS/HTC bundle available on the STS4 Power Pack site (link also in my signature).

Hi Bill i did use header tag control at first but i made some mistakes due to which i was having problem when i was modifying or adding a page which is why i removed it.

but if you say it is good i`ll give it a try again.

Thanks.

ajay.

Ajay,

50')
}
//--></script>

hi Debbie it is working now don`t know why i just put it at the top of the <head> tag.

Thanks

Ajay