• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I have a new issue.

I installed STS v4 this version, and compared files to be certain all the changes appear in all my online server folders and files, and they do. Checked the lines in the code and they are there.

But :

Configuration

Go to admin panel – modules. You should see a new link in the left column: “STS”.

Click on it and a list of modules appears. Those modules are in “catalog/includes/modules/sts”.

Four modules are included with this contribution (v4.4):

I don't get the new STS link in the left colum in modules--or configuration. I'm stumped.

Anyone have a clue what's up with that? I can't access it without that STS link in Admin appearing.

I have a new issue.

I installed STS v4 this version, and compared files to be certain all the changes appear in all my online server folders and files, and they do. Checked the lines in the code and they are there.

But :

Configuration

Go to admin panel – modules. You should see a new link in the left column: “STS”.

Click on it and a list of modules appears. Those modules are in “catalog/includes/modules/sts”.

I don't get the new STS link in the left colum in modules--or configuration. I'm stumped.

Anyone have a clue what's up with that? I can't access it without that STS link in Admin appearing.

hi, i installed STS and found the module in the configuration-panel.

But i´m not able to save configurations.

when i try f.e. to set the "default module STS(use templates)-configuration "true", the settings are not saved.

its not possible to install the sts properly.

what reasons are there?

kind regards

cd

when i try f.e. to set the "default module STS(use templates)-configuration "true", the settings are not saved.

what reasons are there?

kind regards

cd

I have a new issue.

But :

Configuration

I am new and still learning as well, but I believe if you are having trouble with STS showing up in the Admin modules section , then make sure you have uploaded the "modified" /admin and /inclues files from the 4.4 install.

I hope this helps,

Dano

Bill,

That dynamenu fix worked great!

The only problem is I am unable to get it to work with infobox templates set to "true" in admin.

I really would like to use the sts custom box options.

Anyone any ideas?

-Dano

what reasons are there?

kind regards

cd

cd, this not a problem with STS but rather with the 060817 version of osCommerce itself. I have posted a fix on the STS download page called "060817 Module Patch".

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

The error I get when I set "use infobox templates" to "true" using dynamenu with sts 4.4 is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_make_cat_dmlist() (previously declared in /home/dnxdistr/public_html/osC/catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php:220) in /home/dnxdistr/public_html/osC/catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 220

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Dano

Update: I also implemented Tracy's dynamenu upgrade (which looks great!), but think it might have botched my admin panel.

I get

Categories / Products

1030 - Got error 12 from table handler

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

eeek! I cannot modify/add/delete catagories and products. Ideas?

-Dano

The error I get when I set "use infobox templates" to "true" using dynamenu with sts 4.4 is:

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Dano

Dan, this error must be from making a mistake in using Tracy's code for Dynamenu. Remove that code for now.

Here is a work around for Dynamenu not working when "Use infobox templates" = True:

Make a copy of the infobox.php.html infobox template.

Rename it as follows: infobox_dm_categories.php.html

Just before the <table> that holds the $content tag, You must add the JavaScript needed for the flyout menu to work for this infobox template only:

Here is the java script:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
		<!--
			// PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="http://www.marcopratesi.it/"]http://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url]

DOM = (document.getElementById) ? 1 : 0;
NS4 = (document.layers) ? 1 : 0;
// We need to explicitly detect Konqueror
// because Konqueror 3 sets IE = 1 ... AAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!
Konqueror = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
// We need to detect Konqueror 2.2 as it does not handle the window.onresize event
Konqueror22 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 2.2') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/2.2') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Konqueror30 =
(
 navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.0') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.0') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3;') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3;') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3)') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3)') > -1
)
? 1 : 0;
Konqueror31 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.1') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.1') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
// We need to detect Konqueror 3.2 and 3.3 as they are affected by the see-through effect only for 2 form elements
Konqueror32 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.2') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.2') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Konqueror33 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.3') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.3') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera5 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera 5') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera/5') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera6 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera 6') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera/6') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera56 = Opera5 || Opera6;
IE = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
IE = IE && !Opera;
IE5 = IE && DOM;
IE4 = (document.all) ? 1 : 0;
IE4 = IE4 && IE && !DOM;

// -->
	</script>
	<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu-library.js"></script>
	<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu.js"></script>
<!-- beginning of menu header - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="http://www.marcopratesi.it/"]http://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url] -->

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--

menuTopShift = 0;
menuRightShift = 4;
menuLeftShift = 4;

var thresholdY = 1;
var abscissaStep = 140;

toBeHidden = new Array();
toBeHiddenLeft = new Array();
toBeHiddenTop = new Array();

listl = ['L1','L10','L14'];
var numl = listl.length;

father = new Array();
for (i=1; i<=20; i++) {
father['L' + i] = '';
}
father_keys = ['L2','L3','L4','L5','L6','L7','L8','L9','L11','L12','L13','L15','L16','L17','L18','L19','L20'];
father_vals = ['L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L10','L10','L10','L14','L14','L14','L14','L14','L14'];
for (i=0; i<father_keys.length; i++) {
father[father_keys[i]] = father_vals[i];
}

lwidth = new Array();
var lwidthDetected = 0;

function moveLayers()
{
if (!lwidthDetected) {
 for (i=0; i<numl; i++) {
  lwidth[listl[i]] = getOffsetWidth(listl[i]);
 }
 lwidthDetected = 1;
}
if (IE4) {
 for (i=0; i<numl; i++) {
  setWidth(listl[i], abscissaStep);
 }
}
var catmenuTOP = getOffsetTop('catmenu');
var catmenuLEFT = getOffsetLeft('catmenu');
var catmenuWIDTH = getOffsetWidth('catmenu');
setLeft('L1', catmenuLEFT + catmenuWIDTH - menuRightShift);
setLeft('L10', catmenuLEFT + catmenuWIDTH - menuRightShift);
setLeft('L14', catmenuLEFT + catmenuWIDTH - menuRightShift);

}

back = new Array();
for (i=1; i<=20; i++) {
back['L' + i] = 0;
}

// -->
</script>

<!-- end of menu header - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="http://www.marcopratesi.it/"]http://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url] -->

Now you can template any of the infoboxes including the dm_categories.php box from the Dynamenu contribution and the flyout menus will work.

I'm sure there is a better way to do this but this is simple enough.

Let me know what you think,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Fresh install of 4.4

Did not install Tracy's Contribution

Fresh install of Dynamenu=

Error in admin admin panel catalog=

Categories / Products

Search:

Go To:

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

:blink:

-Dano

Or how can I creat the placeholder and how does it work? Pls. help. Thanks in advance.

I believe the new products box that shows with the default store is appended to the main content which is then made into a placeholder called $content#. I haven't seen a separate placeholder and i presume it would be slightly involved to create one but bill or chris may be able to point you in the correct direction!

Hi Bill,Chris,all

I noticed I was getting about 60 of the same sort of queries, such as

[35] => select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[36] => select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '22' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

I saw somewhere else on the forum deleted some code form sts_user_code.php. So i deleted it and found that all the queries were dropped and everything seemed to still work fine but obviously i'm not 100% sure. Could you tell me what this piece of code actually is used for and whether it is ok just to delete? This cat drop down menu - is that the one you have on the advanced search page? It seems still to work on that page?

Also the code in the same file for old STS compatability - is it OK to delete that as I'm running V4.3 - will it help at all.

Many Thanks once again

$sts->start_capture();
echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";
echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');
echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
echo "</form>\n";
echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";
$sts->stop_capture('catmenu');

Becki

Edited by Becki

Hi Bill,Chris,all

I noticed I was getting about 60 of the same sort of queries, such as

I saw somewhere else on the forum deleted some code form sts_user_code.php. So i deleted it and found that all the queries were dropped and everything seemed to still work fine but obviously i'm not 100% sure. Could you tell me what this piece of code actually is used for and whether it is ok just to delete? This cat drop down menu - is that the one you have on the advanced search page? It seems still to work on that page?

Also the code in the same file for old STS compatability - is it OK to delete that as I'm running V4.3 - will it help at all.

Many Thanks once again

$sts->start_capture();
echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";
echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');
echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
echo "</form>\n";
echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";
$sts->stop_capture('catmenu');

Becki

That's the dropdown category menu that is on the test index page (at least in v4.2 - I don't know if they kept it on the template in the new version). It's only needed if you want to use it - if you aren't using it then it is fine to comment it out :thumbsup:

~Tracy

That's the dropdown category menu that is on the test index page (at least in v4.2 - I don't know if they kept it on the template in the new version). It's only needed if you want to use it - if you aren't using it then it is fine to comment it out :thumbsup:

Thanks Tracy,

I have posted again in the speed optimisation thread to thank you! http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...9077&st=380

Is there any other sts code that would be as simple to comment out as this to save queries. Obviosuly the code has to be there if people want to do certain things, I'm really just using the standard cat menu and rest of the standard boxes and some of my own placeholders. Are there any more bits of code that are not needed that will have a significant effect? I think this would be very beneficial to all sts users.

Many Thanks

Becki

I believe the new products box that shows with the default store is appended to the main content which is then made into a placeholder called $content#. I haven't seen a separate placeholder and i presume it would be slightly involved to create one but bill or chris may be able to point you in the correct direction!

Thank you Becki.

Hi bill, Chris and all,

Could anyone pls. help me if I could create the "New Products of the month" box placeholder?

In january 2007 I finally got STSv4_3_3 to work (I thought)

The template system worked, but I couln't get the tables and background transparent because I wanted to use the background picture I have used for the rest of the site.

I had edited the stylesheet.css so that the background picture showed when I turned the STS module off in the admin section.

I have installed the globals patch, Dutch language translation contribution, and the Ideal payment module.

Now when I turn on STS in the admin/modules section, I don't have my background, when I turn it off, I have my background

*) What can I do to have my background show in STS?

So now I have installed STS v4.4 from scratch, and I get the error message

"Template file does not exist: [MODULE_STS_TEMPLATES_FOLDERtest/sts_template.html]"

The sts_template.html resides in the catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/ folder, ofcourse.

I remember I tackled that problem a few months ago, I found the solution using the seach function in this forum, but now it just shows me the initial page of this thread and I have re-red all the 174 pages but I can't find the solution.

*) How can I solve this "Template file does not exist" issue?

Can anyone help me?

This error was a result of a database error server side. Whoops!

maybe time for another host?

hrmmm

Fresh install of 4.4

Did not install Tracy's Contribution

Fresh install of Dynamenu=

Error in admin admin panel catalog=

Categories / Products

Search:

Go To:

[TEP STOP]

Looks like I found out about the "no stylesheet " part of my question by wading though 86 pages of this thread:

Here (it's on the 86 th page of this thread) Bill Kellum says:

"If you are depending upon the stylesheet.css file to sytle your infoboxes, then you need to be sure you have the link to the stylesheet.css file in your template so STS knows where to look to bring in those styles."

So it looks like I must put the link into the sts_template.html. I will try that and see what happens.

Now, let's first put my old version of STS back and fix the "no stylesheet" problem.

*) How can I solve this "Template file does not exist" issue?

Can anyone help me?

Do a Google search:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t204381 "template file does not exist"
For troubleshooting, make sure that you did not change any of the default settings in the STS Default Module other than changing the "Use Templates" to TRUE.

If you want to use the "infobox template" feature, then you need to be sure the "boxes" folder that holds the infobox templates are in your default STS template folder. Currently, your default STS template folder is "test", however, this folder does not include the infobox template folder "boxes". If you want to continue to use the STS "test" folder for your templates, just copy over the catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/boxes folder into your test folder so it would have a directory like this: "catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/boxes".

After doing the above, you will no longer get the error and you will also be able to edit the infobox templates in the "test/boxes/" directory.

Keep in mind, you could always just change your default STS template folder to "full" in the admin panel and store all of your templates there and this would take care of your error message as well.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

How to get Dynamenu to work with STSv4x

(There are a couple ways of implementing this so pay close attention to the "TIPS" that follow various steps)

1. Upload all of the files from the contribution.

2. Add the css code from the "dynamenu_for_osc_styles.txt" to your "stylesheet.css" file for the menu type that you would like to use in your templates.

3. You must include the following line of code in your template where you would like the menu to appear:

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php'); ?>

TIP: You can create a STS variable for the above and then just add the variable into your template inplace of the code above. If you decide to go this route, you can use the sample code below and insert it into your includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file:

$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
$sts->stop_capture('dmbox', 'box');

Now you can add the box into your STS Template pages by using the $dmbox tag (or $dmbox# depending on what you are using for your stop character).

4. You must include the following line of code in each of your templates that will be using the menu (The "footer" should be echoed *just before* the closing </BODY> tag.):

<?php echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter']; ?>

TIP 1: It may be easier to just create a file with the above code and then save this file to includes/modules/sts_inc/file_name and then add the file_name to the list of files to include in the STS admin.

TIP 2: It may be easier to just add the above line of code to your application_bottom.php file just before the last closing ?>.

If you do all of the above then STSv4x will work with Dynamenu. If you are modifying a new installation of STS, be sure you have STS installed and configured correctly before doing any of the above modifications.

NOTE: The above is also listed in the STS4 Power Pack contribution site.

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

I did all of the above and Dynamenu works perfect. I have a vertical flyout menu in my page. The menu has just that ugly categoriebox around it, so in catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php[ on line 29 I changed $show_dmcats_as_box = true; to $show_dmcats_as_box = false;

The layout looks good after this change but the menu won't fly out anymore. Does anyone know what to do about this?

1) I'm not sure if this is what you want to do but for example i wanted another page just with text on - say an about us page. This can work exactly the same as the shipping page that comes with oscommerce. I basically took the shipping page and duplicated it calling it about_us.php for example. You then can make a link to it via the information box etc - just go and edit the information box file to create another link in there (using the same method - using 'tep_href_link' this will pass on the SID). If you want to link to it from say a footer navigation bar or a top navigation bar that is in your template file you need to go about it the same way - using the tep_href_link function. If though you atre forcing cookies you do not need to pass on the session ID abnd don't need the tep_href_link function.

2) To create links that worked in my template file for the header navigation I created extra placeholders in the sts/general.php file. Following the same method as is already there for a simple url link you can create another link still using the tep_href_link function. I think what i did then was make the header navigation just using text (i.e home) and then gave that text a link - the link being the placeholder, such as #home. I can double check all this is if you want me to, I'm not siure that is the best way to do it but it seems to work, i.e getting the php links (as you need to use tep_href_link function) into the html template.

Becki

1)

Thank you Becki.

i tried doing what you wrote but i couldn't realy understand everything in there. :'(

i did manage to add a new link in the information box and it did pass on the SID to the duplicated shipping page (changed to "solutions") and it's working great.

is there a way to make a link from the information box to an already existing html page?

i think the best way to explain my problems is by seeing the site...

when you Visit My Website you can see the "index.php_0.html" page.

when you click any of the top navigation bar links it gets you out of the shop -$placeholders not working...

this is problem #1.

problem 2 is when you click on the "PRODUCTS" child links also in the to navigation bar you do get to the chosen page, but without the SID. this is problem #2...

i'm new to php so i'm looking for more html solutions, however if the only way to solve this problem is php programing

please tell me what to do so i can try it before i give up.

thank's in advane for any help you can give.

Dan, in my tutorial, I mentioned that you MAY have to add the above code to your includes/application_bottom.php file. Well, as it turns out, YOU HAVE to add the above code in order to make the flyouts work in STS.

Here is the "above code" that the tutorial was referring to:

// Output the footer for Dynamenu for osCommerce
echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter'];
?>

Add this code to your includes/application_top.php as well as everything else mentioned in the tutorial and you will get your flyout menus to work.

I will update my tutorial on the STS4 Power Pack site to reflect these additions.

By the way...just so everyone knows:

I installed Dynamenu (May 2006) according to the exact instructions given in the contribution. (Even the footer.php echo code just in case you decide to keep using the menu with STS turned off. This will not casue a problem with your site.)

I then created my STS tag in my "sts_column_left.php" page directly after my manufacturerbox define (you can modify this for your header page, etc):

$sts->restart_capture ('manufacturerbox', 'box');

$sts->restart_capture('dmbox', 'box'); // Get Dynamenu Category box

Now replace the $categorybox STS tag with $dmbox STS tag in your STS Template.

Of course I added ALL of the Dynamenu styles to my stylesheet.css file even though I will only be using one style at a time (it doesn't hurt to have them all defined).

Oh, and I kept with the defaults, meaning I did not change anything in the "dm_categories.php" file just to make sure everything worked.

You can see an example of Dynamenu working with STS here:

http://soundsgoodpro.com/dynamenu/

Let me know if you have any issues.

Bill Kellum

Bill,

The part about modifying sts_column_left.php has me confused. I was under the impression that the

$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('dmbox', 'box');

Inserted into includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php enabled the $dmbox tag.

I'm still having trouble with the infobox templates=true.

The menu works perfectly when set to false.

I inserted the java script into the new infobox_dm_categories.php.html like you said...still no dice.

On your example page did you set infobox temps to true?

-Dano