• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Sorry i've answered my own question i was being stupid I just had to rename the index.php to index.php.html.......doh :blink:
James, you are ever so close but still missing it....

Name the template that you want to be your home page "index.php_0.html" and that will solve your problems.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Name the template that you want to be your home page "index.php_0.html" and that will solve your problems.

wow thanks so much bill thats great, am i missing something i mean where would i be able to read about thing like this is there a simple guide to sts somewhere as im not finding the pdf that came with it that much use :(

James

I'm looking for tips on how to troubleshoot the header tags portion of this installation. I installed STSv42HTC259 on a clean OSC. I did not attempt to use the HTC part initially. After quite a bit of modifications to my site, I activated HTC according to the instructions and received a few parsing errors assocated with my allprods page (using the All Products V4.4b contribution) so I turned the header tags back off. I actually turned of STS at first and played around with HTC controls in admin. I then truned STS back on without HTC.

I later tried to turn HTC back on to troubleshoot. I don't get any errors. It just doesn't do anything. The only page titles I get is the main title defined in /catalog/includes/languages/english.php. I don't seem to have any of the HTC features.

I here is what I have setup for STS:

Default --> Use templates is set "true"

Files For Normal Template: sts_user_code.php; header_tags.php

Use templates is set "false" for Index and Product Info allthough I have experimented with setting true.

I have entered various titles in the Text Control area under Header Tags but nothing seems to change.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this and get my page titles working I would appreciate it.

Keith

wow thank you so much for this answer this is exactly what i was looking for.

i can't believe it's such a simple solution. i guess i don't know how to ask the right questions....

thanks again. :)

Followup to my earlier issue:

Unfortunately I am still unable to get any of the included template infoboxes or any that I create to work with the infobox template system.

To recap: I've uploaded all new files, and no matter what I do, when I set the "full" template that comes with STS to "true" (infoboxes) the green border around the information box is nowhere to be found.

I've done a lot of thinking and poking around and have come to the conclusion that this problem absolutely cannot be:

1) css related

-it can't be related to CSS -- the table background for the information infobox template is clearly set to green

table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#00FF00" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111"

in the HTML template. I can't even FIND a CSS file that came with the template, so it must be using the default "catalog/stylesheet.css", which would obviously have nothing to do with an STS demo information infobox having a green border. So I have to scratch CSS as the problem, this is very clearly not it. :(

2) my template's problem

-It does not work on the "full" included STS template, before I've even turned my template on. So I'm stopped cold before I even get a chance to try my own template - if it doesn't work with the included example, I certainly can't expect it to work with mine!

Not being a full blown OSC guru, I'm happy to admit that I may be wrong. Just the same, I have come up with a suggestion that this probably is caused by:

1) me missing one little line in the installation of STS

-where can I find the code that is supposed to determine whether the "true" for infoboxes has been set or not? The only conclusion that I can come to now is that i've missed one step on installing STS and that was the step that made this feature work.

Obviously everyone else has this working for them - at least those of you who want it working. This comes "built in", right? then what could I have done to prevent this from working, especially when the rest of the template in question (full) works flawlessly?

Please, any suggestions would be most appreciated as I am completely stumped here. "It just doesn't work."

I haven't made any changes to OSC other than to add in a Canada Post Shipping module, a Moneris CC payment module and a PO#/credit module. no design changes, no code changes other than installing these, and STS of course.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have folks, I really really really really don't want to have to go and edit OSC's crazy HTML manually. Isn't that why we all installed STS in the first place? :)

sean

:-" I need help. I am trying to add a new page I am using sts v4. I want the link to this page displayed

1) before the 'My Account' link at the top of the page

and

2) in the Information box

I have checked documentation for hours. Nothing clearly tells me how to do this:

All I have done so far is:

create the page in: catalog/

and catalog/includes/languages/english

I tried adding : $sts->template['MyText']='Hello World'; to sts_user_code.php

Nothing happened.

Please help with clear instructions..

I've installed STS V4.4.

Recently, I've installed Dynamic Sitemap V2.0. However, the sitemap work only when STS was disable. I've read the posts here and noticed that a few members encountered the same problem too.

I'm just wondering what I should do to make the sitemap worked with STS V4.4.

What STS files I should modified ? or

How could I define $XXXX for the site map and then insert site map variable on the template.

Appreciate if someone may help.

Regards

Jason

Try adding dynamic_sitemap.php to "files to include" in the sts admin panel.

Hope this helps,

Hi bill

I'm interested to know how to make Dynamic Sitemap work with STS V4.4. The site map doesn't show up when STS is enable.

I've tried to include the dynamic_sitemap.php in the STS admin panel , like what we did for header_tags.php , but it doesn't wrok.

I'm wondering if I should define a unique variable for dynamic sitemap and then insert it on the template. However, I'm afraid I do not know exactly how to do that .

may you suggest the way / the step to define a new variable $ for dynamic_sitemap.php file ?

Hope you might help, which is much appreciated.

Regards

Jason

Hi bill

I'm interested to know how to make Dynamic Sitemap work with STS V4.4. The site map doesn't show up when STS is enable.

I've tried to include the dynamic_sitemap.php in the STS admin panel , like what we did for header_tags.php , but it doesn't wrok.

I'm wondering if I should define a unique variable for dynamic sitemap and then insert it on the template. However, I'm afraid I do not know exactly how to do that .

may you suggest the way / the step to define a new variable $ for dynamic_sitemap.php file ?

Hope you might help, which is much appreciated.

Regards

Jason

Jason, I am not familiar with Dynamic Sitemap at the moment but I did find this on the forums that might interest you:
Oct 2006 Dynamic Sitemap forum:

I had the same problem of a blank page using dynamic sitemap and STS. I followed your advice and got it working. Then, because I just couldn't stand it, I compared the files to see what the error was. I found it in line 90 of catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php:

If you are using STS and getting a blank site map page, you just need to change line 90 from:

<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

to:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

In other words, uncomment the require.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

For the moment you can remove the STS entry that appears in html_output and that should fix it. There's a few brains poking at the issue (see above) but no resolution yet.

HTH,

Iggy

I've just enabled register_globals through xampp to fix the problem for now, STS 4.4 works fine until I attempt the register_globals fix.

Does this mean I'll likely run into the problem again when I eventually upload to a remote host, and how will I go around combing STS 4.4 and the register_globals fix? Or is my host likely to turn register_globals on for me? (I've heard this is a pretty bad thing to do, however)

Sorry if this is a daft question....

Thanks in advance.

R.

For the moment you can remove the STS entry that appears in html_output and that should fix it. There's a few brains poking at the issue (see above) but no resolution yet.

HTH,

Iggy

I've just enabled register_globals through xampp to fix the problem for now, STS 4.4 works fine until I attempt the register_globals fix.

Does this mean I'll likely run into the problem again when I eventually upload to a remote host, and how will I go around combing STS 4.4 and the register_globals fix? Or is my host likely to turn register_globals on for me? (I've heard this is a pretty bad thing to do, however)

Thanks in advance.

R.

Lance,

Some hosts look at permission settings differently. Try this: Set the permission settings for the files above to the same permission settings that your images folder is set at.

Thanks Bill,

Thats fixed it!!

Thanks in advance.

R.

Hi Ross,

I don't recall there being any issues with the RG fix and STS 4.4. There weren't any gets or posts I needed to track down specific to it at least so I wouldn't think STS is the problem there.

My strategy when I run into things like this and I can't find the problem is to isolate the change and confirm it works on a stock osC then merge my changes to the store. It's sort of the long way around but generally gets me where I want to go :)

Hope that helpful,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Hi all,

I just installed a fresh osCom v2.2 and sts v4.4

The instructions state:

"4) Some osCommerce files need to be modified. If you have a clean osCommerce install, you can just copy the files located in the "modified_files/catalog" folder over your catalog. If you have already installed other contributions, you can use a comparison program or make the changes manually."

I put the files to the fresh oscommerce/catalog file on the remote server. Then opened the admin consol for osCom and clicked modules link.

I see STS on the left, and the +install on the right, but when I depress said install button, nothing special happens, rather nothing at all. I tried the "refresh bug" fix to no avail.

I clicked on "online catalog" and 3 errors occurred:

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 509

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 509

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 509

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SORRY FOR THE SPAM....THINGS ARE LAGGIN ON MY END>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi all,

The instructions state:

"4) Some osCommerce files need to be modified. If you have a clean osCommerce install, you can just copy the files located in the "modified_files/catalog" folder over your catalog. If you have already installed other contributions, you can use a comparison program or make the changes manually."

I put the files to the fresh oscommerce/catalog file on the remote server. Then opened the admin consol for osCom and clicked modules link.

I see STS on the left, and the +install on the right, but when I depress said install button, nothing special happens, rather nothing at all. I tried the "refresh bug" fix to no avail.

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 509

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by dealindano

Hi all,

The instructions state:

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Generally the "No such file or directory in /some/dir/ on some line" won't lie to you. Check your install over and confirm that you have indeed uploaded the files to the right places.

HTH,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Hi Dan,

Generally the "No such file or directory in /some/dir/ on some line" won't lie to you. Check your install over and confirm that you have indeed uploaded the files to the right places.

HTH,

Iggy

Thanks iggy:)

I got it figured out!

Really appreciate it!

-Dan

Jason, I am not familiar with Dynamic Sitemap at the moment but I did find this on the forums that might interest you:

Hi Bill

thanks .

the problem was solved. it is nice to have STS work with other nice contributions. once again, thanks for your time and your help.

Regards

Jason

Thankyou. I've finally sorted it! :thumbsup:

Just one more question. Not sure if this is the right place to post it??? I need to make the link colours in the infoboxes a different colour to the rest of the links on my site. Is there a way to do this? I have tried to do it with my template in dreaweaver, but with no luck, and I have tried the stylesheet but I can't see a way to define the boxes separately with different coloured links.

I've not tried out the latest version of STS - but double check in your stylesheet and you should find a class for the infoboxes (possibly for each individual box - not sure how they did the customization on the new STS). Basically, in the style for the infoboxes you can set what you want your links to look like.

For example - lets say you have .infobox as the class governing your infoboxes - you can create:

.infobox a {

fonts, colors etc.. here;

}

and repeat the process for the rest of the "a" options

.infobox a:link {

.infobox a:hover {

.infobox a:visited {

Hope that helps ;)

~Tracy

Hi Bill

thanks .

the problem was solved. it is nice to have STS work with other nice contributions. once again, thanks for your time and your help.

Regards

Jason

Sounds good Jason. What finally solved your problem? Was it my solution or something else? Thanks for the follow up post.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello Everyone. I was recently asked offline to assist in how to create a "new page" in STS as well as create the link in the header navigation next to the "My Account" link. I'll post my guide here for all to benefit as well.

How to create new pages in your shop and then link to them in your STS template navigation:OsCommerce has a file structure that you will need to adhere to so that everything works properly.

1. FTP a copy of the following files to your PC to be used as templates:
    "catalog/shipping.php".
    "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/shipping.php".
  2. On your PC, rename these files to something like "catalog/newpage.php" and "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php".
  3. Now you will need to edit your copied newpage.php files.
    Open your "catalog/newpage.php" file and locate the following code:
    require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHIPPING);

Change it to:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_NEWPAGE);

Find:
    $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING, '', 'NONSSL'));
    Change it to:

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWPAGE, '', 'NONSSL'));

Now edit the copied file "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php".

Find:

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

Change it to:

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Newpage Template');
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Newpage Template');

4. Download a copy of "catalog/includes/filenames.php" to your PC.
    Add the following line of code:
    define('FILENAME_NEW_PAGE', 'newpage.php');

5. Upload all three files to:
    "catalog/newpage.php"
    "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php" ("your_language" will be for each language folder that you use)
    "catalog/includes/filenames.php "
  6. Now add the following line to your “includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php” file:
      /*New Page Template link below. Change "newpage" to whatever your actual new page name is */
     $sts->template['urlmynewpage'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWPAGE, '', 'SSL');
     $sts->template['newpage'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWPAGE, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . 'New Page' . '</a>';

The code above represents the following:
    STS tag: $urlmynewpage (use this tag to create a link to your new page anywhere in your STS Template)
    File Name: newpage.php
    File Location: catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php (Actual PHP page that will be templated with STS)
    STS Template File Location: sts_templates/my_template_folder/newpage.php.html (to be created by you)
    Actual Text Link: New Page
    CSS Class: headernavigation (you can leave this out or change to whatever class you want)

In each of the above steps, easily substitute "newpage" with the actual name of the page that you want to add and "New Page" for the link text you want to appear in your template. Note: The edits made in your "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php" control how the breadcrumbs trail and page title is displayed in your template as well as globally in osCommerce.

Hope this guide has helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Let me change that just a bit for clarity:

Hello Everyone. I was recently asked offline to assist in how to create a "new page" in STS as well as create the link in the header navigation next to the "My Account" link. I'll post my guide here for all to benefit as well.

How to create new pages in your shop and then link to them in your STS template navigation:

OsCommerce has a file structure that you will need to adhere to so that everything works properly.

1. FTP a copy of the following files from your store to your PC to be used as templates:
    "catalog/shipping.php".
    "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/shipping.php".
  2. On your PC, rename these files to something like "catalog/newpage.php" and "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php".
  3. Now you will need to edit your copied newpage.php files.
    Open your "catalog/newpage.php" file and locate the following code:
    require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHIPPING);

Change it to:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_NEWPAGE);

Find:

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING, '', 'NONSSL'));

Change it to:

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWPAGE, '', 'NONSSL'));

4. Now edit the copied file "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php".
    Find:
    define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');<BR>define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

Change it to:

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Newpage Template');<BR>define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Newpage Template');

5. Download a copy of "catalog/includes/filenames.php" to your PC. Add the following line of code:
    define('FILENAME_NEW_PAGE', 'newpage.php');

6. Download a copy of "catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php" from your store to your PC.
    Now add the following line to your “includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php” file:
      /*New Page Template link below. Change "newpage" to whatever your actual new page name is */<BR>  $sts->template['urlmynewpage'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWPAGE, '', 'SSL');<BR>  $sts->template['newpage'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWPAGE, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . 'New Page' . '</a>';

The code above represents the following:
    STS tag: $urlmynewpage (use this tag to create a link to your new page anywhere in your STS Template)
    File Name: newpage.php
    File Location: catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php (Actual PHP page that will be templated with STS)
    STS Template File Location: sts_templates/my_template_folder/newpage.php.html (to be created by you)
    Actual Text Link: New Page
    CSS Class: headernavigation (you can leave this out or change to whatever class you want)

7. Upload all four files to:
    "catalog/newpage.php"
    "catalog/includes/languages/your_language/newpage.php" ("your_language" will be for each language folder that you use)
    "catalog/includes/filenames.php"
    "catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php"

In each of the above steps, easily substitute "newpage" with the actual name of the page that you want to add and "New Page" for the link text you want to appear in your template.

Hope this little guide has helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

By following the guide above, I was able to create a new page (newpage.php), the sts tag ($newpage), and the link to the page by adding the $newpage sts tag in my default template. It worked great!

:blink: I am having problems creating a template for the newpage.php. I created the template newpage.php.html but when I click on the link to the newpage, the default template is being used instead of the newpage.php.html template. :blink:

Anyone know why this is doing this? Did I miss something? Thanks for any help.