• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

helo.

i'm now here to oscommerce and sts, i have installd osc and sts v4, and a'm trying to make a tamplete for my site, but i need a little help,

here is what am trying to do,

i don't want the left and right colum so i'm making a single html box in the templete with links like categories, ect. and i'm trying to make like a onmouseover pop up, thet if you hold your mouse over the categories link , the categories box should popup by the side,

so what sould i put in, i tried to put in the tag for the categories box, but then it shows the categories box in th tamplete, in other words the browser read's the tag and outputs the categoris box, ignoring the script,

can any body help me with dhis or show me where i can look it up, cuz my search didn't come up with any thing,

thanks, sorry for my bad english, and maybe stopid ?,

thanks again

You might want to check out this web site. There is a download section for osc that might be what you are looking for:

Nate Welch

helo.

i'm now here to oscommerce and sts, i have installd osc and sts v4, and a'm trying to make a tamplete for my site, but i need a little help,

here is what am trying to do,

i don't want the left and right colum so i'm making a single html box in the templete with links like categories, ect. and i'm trying to make like a onmouseover pop up, thet if you hold your mouse over the categories link , the categories box should popup by the side,

so what sould i put in, i tried to put in the tag for the categories box, but then it shows the categories box in th tamplete, in other words the browser read's the tag and outputs the categoris box, ignoring the script,

can any body help me with dhis or show me where i can look it up, cuz my search didn't come up with any thing,

thanks, sorry for my bad english, and maybe stopid ?,

thanks again

I got around this by using the category names and entered them myself and then linking to the appropriate caetgory myself. It does mean that you have enter everything into your template but you can customize the look better. I don't have alot of cats so this was okay for me but if you have alot then perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Here's my site (I don't use the cool script- but I didn't use the tags on my caetgory listing either) My Site

Hope this helps a bit?

Pattie

Sorry I meant the code in the admin/categories.php page so that I can use it when creating a new product?

Becki

OK - I tried 'TinyMce Anywhere' and it worked fine this time - there must be some issue with the other one I tried as the author even mentioned she has having characters show up on the product_info page when they shouldn't be. Also the anywhere contribution tells you how to edit newsletter and mail files and also only put the editor on the language boxes not the meta tag boxes - just thought I'd mention incase anyone else wants to have a wysisyg editor.

Becki

Hi All!

1)i have installed fresh milestone 2.2

2)i have tested and work fine

3) i have read instructions for install STS 4.4

4----1) Make a backup of your application.

------2) Do it again

------3) Copy all the new files to your store: copy the files from the folder "new_files/catalog" over your catalog.

------4) Some osCommerce files need to be modified. If you have a clean osCommerce install, you can just copy the files located in the "modified_files/catalog" folder over your catalog. If you have already installed other contributions, you can use a comparison program or make the changes manually.

5) i go to admin panel and i find STS on section modules.

6) i install the default module

7) i want to set tru the option Code for debug output

8) i don't change anithing on the text box

9) i update

10) the option appares eviritime set to false and the catalog stay as was before all operations....

can anyone help me?

sorry for my english

tanks

Hi All!

1)i have installed fresh milestone 2.2

2)i have tested and work fine

3) i have read instructions for install STS 4.4

4----1) Make a backup of your application.

------2) Do it again

------3) Copy all the new files to your store: copy the files from the folder "new_files/catalog" over your catalog.

------4) Some osCommerce files need to be modified. If you have a clean osCommerce install, you can just copy the files located in the "modified_files/catalog" folder over your catalog. If you have already installed other contributions, you can use a comparison program or make the changes manually.

5) i go to admin panel and i find STS on section modules.

6) i install the default module

7) i want to set tru the option Code for debug output

8) i don't change anithing on the text box

9) i update

10) the option appares eviritime set to false and the catalog stay as was before all operations....

can anyone help me?

sorry for my english

tanks

This is not an STS issue but it is a known bug in the latest osCommercer 060817 release. Here is the fix:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Any way to modify template of popup_image.php, login.php, contact_us.php and create_account.php with STS V4.4 ?
Thomas, Yes to all of the above. Look in the template folder and you will already see a template for the popup_image.php.html and you can create your own custom template for any of the pages in osCommerce including the pages you mentioned. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I'm not sure what would be causing your permissions issues but wanted to let you know that the bundled version of HTC will work with any STS4.x version.

Check to make sure you uploaded each file in the correct folder and that you have all of the files. Use a file comparison tool to compare what you have currently in your osCommerce files to the files in the STSv4.4 & HTC 2.6.0 bundle that I sent you. Make sure nothing is missing and everything is in the right place. Then follow the instructions in the install text to set the permissions correctly. There are only two files that need permissions set in order for HTC to work properly.

Hi Bill,

I still have the same issues. I tried even installing it fresh from the modified and new files from this version you sent me. Where can I see it that it is working even though the warnings are showing? Which file includes this warning signs? I just want to verify where the warnings are coming from. Probably I just have to ignore it if it\s working.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks! :blush:

Fidela

Hi Bill,

I still have the same issues. I tried even installing it fresh from the modified and new files from this version you sent me. Where can I see it that it is working even though the warnings are showing? Which file includes this warning signs? I just want to verify where the warnings are coming from. Probably I just have to ignore it if it\s working.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks! :blush:

Fidela

Fidela, did you do the file comparisons? After that, did you change the file permissions to the following files to 777, or 775?

• catalog/includes/header_tags.php (CHANGE PERMISSIONS OF THIS FILE TO 755 OR 777)

• catalog/includes/lanquages/english/header_tags.php (CHANGE PERMISSIONS OF THIS FILE TO 755 OR 777)

Use the 777 first, but if your host will not allow you to do that then use the 755 instead.

**IMPORTANT** Some hosts use different settings then those above and Header Tags will flag an error in those cases. The best thing to do is to check the permissions that is being used on the images directory and set the ones on the Header Tags files to the same type of permissions.

**Also, the permissions error messages have to do with the Header Tag portion of the bundle and not with STS so we should continue any type of support discussions in the HTC forum. Try the above and if that does not work post any issues in the HTC forum and I will help you out over there. This way we won't clog up the STS forum with issues unrelated to STS. :blush:

Please be sure to try the above suggestions before we go any further in trying to diagnose your permissions problems.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK - I tried 'TinyMce Anywhere' and it worked fine this time - there must be some issue with the other one I tried as the author even mentioned she has having characters show up on the product_info page when they shouldn't be. Also the anywhere contribution tells you how to edit newsletter and mail files and also only put the editor on the language boxes not the meta tag boxes - just thought I'd mention incase anyone else wants to have a wysisyg editor.

Becki

Hi Bill,

Sorry this isn't really the place for this but just a quick question to ask whether when you installed 'TinyMce anywhere' did it work for the newsletter? I get the editor to appear etc on newsletter.php by following the instructions but then when you go to preview it seems to lose some formatting - when I actually read the email from my email account after it has been sent it appeas as just html code. Whereas when i send an email from admin via 'Email' rather than newsletter it shows just fine when read from my email account.

Thanks

Becki

Thomas, Yes to all of the above. Look in the template folder and you will already see a template for the popup_image.php.html and you can create your own custom template for any of the pages in osCommerce including the pages you mentioned. :thumbsup:

Yea, you're right ... I have to change my glasses.

By the way, i've try to put my own image button in folder images put in the folder template.

But nothing change, i have already ugly arrow button by default....

Fidela, did you do the file comparisons? After that, did you change the file permissions to the following files to 777, or 775?

• catalog/includes/header_tags.php (CHANGE PERMISSIONS OF THIS FILE TO 755 OR 777)

• catalog/includes/lanquages/english/header_tags.php (CHANGE PERMISSIONS OF THIS FILE TO 755 OR 777)

Use the 777 first, but if your host will not allow you to do that then use the 755 instead.

**IMPORTANT** Some hosts use different settings then those above and Header Tags will flag an error in those cases. The best thing to do is to check the permissions that is being used on the images directory and set the ones on the Header Tags files to the same type of permissions.

**Also, the permissions error messages have to do with the Header Tag portion of the bundle and not with STS so we should continue any type of support discussions in the HTC forum. Try the above and if that does not work post any issues in the HTC forum and I will help you out over there. This way we won't clog up the STS forum with issues unrelated to STS. :blush:

Please be sure to try the above suggestions before we go any further in trying to diagnose your permissions problems.

Bill,

THANKS FOR THIS POST! I too was getting the same errors and when I looked at the images folder- the permission were 775. when I changed the header_tags.php pages to that...all errors went away.

I can't tell you how many hours i spent looking at code to make sure I didn't change the wrong thing. Thanks so much for this help, it worked for me.

:thumbsup:

Pattie

Edited by pattie1970

The best thing to do is to check the permissions that is being used on the images directory and set the ones on the Header Tags files to the same type of permissions.

Hi Bill!

Hurraayyyy! Thanks a lot. Now the permission warnings are gone. The only thing I did is the above suggestion which I have'nt tried before. It is chmod 757, same permissions as used on images directory. I just wasted a lot of time before.That is really the best suggestion BILL. You are a genius.!!!!

Fidela, In your template, did you happen to "hard code" the wrong path for your images? For example, are you coding the HTML image URL to the original image path instead of your template's image path?

Hi Bill!

This problem was solved after my header tags controller permissions was solved. The buttons suddenly show up. Isn't it great? Just for you to know. Probably it will help somebody who has the same problem.

Best regards. :thumbsup:

Fidela

Edited by star8

I copied all the files in v4.4.zip to my catalog and I dont know what to do from here....
John, first take both of your legs and cross them over until your feet hit the floor and then try with all of your might to lift yourself out of bed and then.... :lol:

Just kidding... :lol:

I know, I've been where you are now and it can be kinda scary.

With STS, you can design your page the way YOU want and then "bring in" the osCommerce functionallity using the STS tags or tags that you create yourself.

***IMPORTANT*** Take a look at the "sts_blank_template.html" in the sts_templates/test folder. This template has the required code that is needed in each one of your HTML templates in order to get STS to do "it's thing".

Read the User Manual and get aquainted with everything that STS can do, especially the section defining the default STS tags and what osCommerce PHP script they represent.

And most of all...Have fun doing it! :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill...

I have installed STS 4.4 on osCommerce 2.2-MS2 060817: - No HTC

- edited the application top (non member function)

- edited the compatibility.php (reset)

so far, i got no error... the shop is perfect & waiting to lauch. just wondering is there anything that i missed...

Congratulation!.. Thank You - osCommerce 2.2 - MS2 with STS 4.4 is PEEEEEEEEEERRRFECT!

* where can i find the STS official logo?

Thanks.

syrimo

osCommerce 2.2

* where can i find the STS official logo?

Thanks.

syrimo

syrimo, what logo are you referring to? If you are referring to the header logo for your store you can link to it in your template's image folder and use any graphic that you want.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

syrimo, what logo are you referring to? If you are referring to the header logo for your store you can link to it in your template's image folder and use any graphic that you want.

ooohh.. i mean STS Logo (if any). i want to put it in credits page along with osCommerce logo.. hehe

Hi guys,

I use filezilla as my FTP. I checked both my local site and my remote site to make sure all the STS files were in both places.

I still cannot see the STS under Admin module. OsCommerce is a part of my Hosting package with Host Excellence. The FTP manager they use is Webshell. I checked the files in Webshell as well to make sure the Filezilla uploaded them correctly and they all show up there as well.

How come I still can't see the STS under the modules. I have tried this several times.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks. :D

Hi there,

As a newbie to OScommerce and PHP stuff in general, this contribution looks like my life just got a whole lot easier so many thanks for that. One question if I may, (And apologies if this has been asked and asnwered before but I couldn't find anything regarding) if I build a basic informational website in html with frontpage using a frontpage theme, is it possible to use STS to integrate that theme into the OScommerce shop to make the site as a whole all look the same or (As the thought just occurs to me) would it be simpler to get the shop looking the way I want and then build the website to suit?

Many thanks in advance for anyone's time :)

Hi everyone, 2 things really...

First, how do i edit the 'Category' section so say i could have a small dotted line and an arrow next to each of the different categories, i can't seem to find a simple solution to this.

And lastly, how would i go about editing the way products are displayed (ie. i would like to add a border around the products and add an 'add to cart button') both on the 'new products for february' and the actual category list.

I hope someone can help

James

Hi Folks,

First off, I'd like to add my congratulations to Bill on V4.4 of the STS contribution. I tried this out about 2 years ago and well let's just say that the new version is IMPRESSIVE! How easy it is!

On to my issue (easiness notwithstanding)

Everything works beautifully, with the exception of the infobox templates. Really - everything else is perfect, but when i'm using the 'full' demo template and I go into infobox.php.html in the sts_templates/full/boxes folder and make even a small change - like adding a background colour or even just putting some random text into the template to ensure it's working - nothing changes on the index page.

I've verified that i've set the Use template for infoboxes setting to "true".

this behaviour persists with the "full" template, the "test" template and with my own working template. Adding the boxes folder and the proscribed template files produces no change in the output.

Any thoughts? I read the first 40 pages of this thread before it dawned on me that v4.4 support would be closer to "today" - so i then went through the last 10 or so pages and only found one reference, which suggested moving the infobox CSS to my template's css file, which I did and yes there were some changes - so at worst I can use that to style them for myself. But, it doesn't answer the issue of why the built-in and obviously working for most people infobox template system isn't working for me!

Thanks in advance, what a great community.

Sean

edit: and, as usual - immediately after posting it has dawned on me that the infobox templates are likely just placeholders and in fact, I SHOULD be using the CSS to style these properly. Of course i'm going to give it a shot, but I would still appreciate any other thoughts that may come along.

thanks

sean

Edited by sean_nerd

Followup: Yes, the CSS works to a degree. I can get my coloured backround and text dealt with in this manner.

However, i'm still getting the corner_left.jpg image and it's not in my template anywhere, which leads me to believe that I've been successful with the CSS portion of our program, but I'm not yet convinced that the infoboxes are being used from my template's boxes folder.

As above, any and all thoughts would be most appreciated!

thank you

sean