• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi Bill,

I am inserting my own actual template folder "mypage".

That means: includes/sts_templates/mypage/images/danish/buttons/. I tried setting the button folder and image files to permissions 755 or 777, but did'nt help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :blush:

Fidela

Fidela, In your template, did you happen to "hard code" the wrong path for your images? For example, are you coding the HTML image URL to the original image path instead of your template's image path?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi Bill,

The post I had found is located here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=409650

Regarding your original post...I have to ask what version of osCommerce are you using? I'm confused about the error messages that you would want to be displayed during the checkout process. I am led to believe that the code in the above link was meant for older osCommerce version (MS1) and is not needed in the current versions 060817 MS2.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Regarding your original post...I have to ask what version of osCommerce are you using? I'm confused about the error messages that you would want to be displayed during the checkout process. I am led to believe that the code in the above link was meant for older osCommerce version (MS1) and is not needed in the current versions 060817 MS2.

I'm using the MS2 060817 version.

I have Discount Coupon Codes installed. When there is an error with the coupon (let's say, for example, it is limited to specific products, and none of those products are in the cart. It would return an error letting you know that it is only good on x, y, z products.) it currently re-loads the checkout_payment.php page, but does not show you the error message on the page. It does have the error message in the URL field - just not anywhere on the page.

I don't know what it is I need to change in order to allow the error message to show up for Discount Coupon Codes the same way it currently does for Credit Card errors.

Which reminds me - the Credit Card error messages are not being changed to HTML. If I have a <br> in the message, it prints the <br> onto the page. Is it the same issue as what's not allowing the other error messages to show?

Thank you :blush:

~Tracy

I don't know what it is I need to change in order to allow the error message to show up for Discount Coupon Codes the same way it currently does for Credit Card errors.

PS - the errors for Discount Coupon Code are defined in the includes/languages/english.php file if that helps :blush:

~Tracy

I'm using the MS2 060817 version.

I have Discount Coupon Codes installed. When there is an error with the coupon (let's say, for example, it is limited to specific products, and none of those products are in the cart. It would return an error letting you know that it is only good on x, y, z products.) it currently re-loads the checkout_payment.php page, but does not show you the error message on the page. It does have the error message in the URL field - just not anywhere on the page.

Which reminds me - the Credit Card error messages are not being changed to HTML. If I have a <br> in the message, it prints the <br> onto the page. Is it the same issue as what's not allowing the other error messages to show?

Thank you :blush:

Tracy,

Try this on a test store (I have not had a chance to test myself, I am totally leaning on logic):

In your catalog/includes/classes/sts.php,

Find this:

// Add messages before the content
if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
  $this->template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $this->template['content'];
}

And Replace it with this:

// Add messages before the content
if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
  $template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];
}
////////Start Error Messages - Bill Kellum modified version of Tom Wojcik code for use with STS 4x
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
$messageStack->add('error_message', $HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']);
$this->template['content'] =  $messageStack->output('error_message') . $this->template['content'];
}
////// End Error Messages

I really think this will work for you. Please let me know. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tracy, also check your catalog/includes/header.php file to be sure you have the following code (it is usually at the end of the file):

<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
 <tr class="headerInfo">
<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I installed a clean OScommerce MS2 with this contrib, I also added googlesitemap generator but that did not change any of the files you had...

My only problem is that when I am in the admin panel I am getting warnings on the following pages:

Page control says:

Permissions settings for the /catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Permissions settings for the /catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Both of these are set to 777, I have also tried 755 but warnings still appear.

Also get this warning on text control:

Permissions settings for the /catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

The header tags appear to be working...

You can view my site at http://www.jteverettdesignstudio.com I am using a template I bought and then modified to suit my needs.

I asked this question before but did not get a reply.

Thanks for the help.

Pattie

In the documentation (for STSv4.4) it says, concerning the creation of templates for each manufacturer,

"The logic to find the template is made in the "Index" module, so it must be enabled from the admin side" and "When configuring the "Index" module, you have to give the list of files to include in order creating all the needed variables, in the same way as for the "Default" module". Im confused by this.

Does "give the list of files to include IN ORDER" mean I add index.php.html manufacturers_id=4

in admin (under index module) after my index.php_0.html entry (I have a separate front page)?

What I want is a unique header, footer, body, buttons, etc. for each manufacturer. I read this is possible by my small mind isnt grasping exactly how to go about achieving it!

Thanks so much.

Sorry for this post; even I dont understand what I was trying to convey.

I have a concern about the manufacturers box. When I click on this I get an security alert message and Im just wondering why and whether I should be concerned.

Thank you

I installed a clean OScommerce MS2 with this contrib, I also added googlesitemap generator but that did not change any of the files you had...

My only problem is that when I am in the admin panel I am getting warnings on the following pages:

Page control says:

Permissions settings for the /catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Both of these are set to 777, I have also tried 755 but warnings still appear.

Also get this warning on text control:

The header tags appear to be working...

You can view my site at http://www.jteverettdesignstudio.com I am using a template I bought and then modified to suit my needs.

I asked this question before but did not get a reply.

Thanks for the help.

Pattie

Pattie, try reinstalling HTC, you may have one or more files corrupt from that contribution. You can go to the STS 4 Power Pack contribution page to download a STS/HTC bundle that includes instructions on how to get them both installed correctly. I'm not suggesting that you start over but it would be a good idea to do a file comparison of the files in the bundled version compared to what you have on your store. It might show you what is missing.

By the way, where did you purchase your graphics? You can PM on that one. :rolleyes:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Pattie, try reinstalling HTC, you may have one or more files corrupt from that contribution. You can go to the STS 4 Power Pack contribution page to download a STS/HTC bundle that includes instructions on how to get them both installed correctly. I'm not suggesting that you start over but it would be a good idea to do a file comparison of the files in the bundled version compared to what you have on your store. It might show you what is missing.

By the way, where did you purchase your graphics? You can PM on that one. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the help. Just sent you a PM.

:thumbsup:

Pattie

Hi Bill/All

Just a quick question to see if anyone has a wysiwyg editor for the new product page working with STS 4.2 and HTC 2.6?

Many Thanks

Becki

(I have tried Tinymce but I have problems!)

Edited by Becki

Fidela, In your template, did you happen to "hard code" the wrong path for your images? For example, are you coding the HTML image URL to the original image path instead of your template's image path?

Hi Bill!

Thank you for your response.

I placed "mypage" on the default at the admin side of the STS module. I uploaded the button files under catalog/includes/sts_templates/mypage/images/buttons/. Tried the permissions 755 and 777 on the button folder and button files. That's all what I did.

I am not sure what coding of HTML image URL you are refering to. I did'nt code anyting, I just did the above under the STS module.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks! ;)

Hi Bill!

Thank you for your response.

I placed "mypage" on the default at the admin side of the STS module. I uploaded the button files under catalog/includes/sts_templates/mypage/images/buttons/. Tried the permissions 755 and 777 on the button folder and button files. That's all what I did.

I am not sure what coding of HTML image URL you are refering to. I did'nt code anyting, I just did the above under the STS module.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks! ;)

Hardcoding means using the actual image url as your link in the template you are working with. http://www.mysite.com/catalog/includes/sts...buttontouse.gif

To make is "flexible" you should only need to link as images/buttontouse.gif and when uploaded things will display correctly.

I am very bad about hardcoding my links and that is one thing I am working on. I hardcoded mine because I use MS Frontpage and like to see the pictures as I work...

LOL

Pattie

Tracy,

Try this on a test store (I have not had a chance to test myself, I am totally leaning on logic):

In your catalog/includes/classes/sts.php,

I really think this will work for you. Please let me know. :thumbsup:

Hi Bill,

Thank you, I gave it a try, but still no luck showing the error messages :huh: Any other thoughts on what to tweak?

Also - I went through the manual, but I didn't see anything specific on templates for the checkout pages. Would it make a difference if they used a template? I didn't notice any code for putting on a template where you want error messages to appear so I wasn't sure if it would really matter or not if they were governed by the index template (which is set as my default) or had their own template :blush:

~Tracy

Hi Bill,

I have it working now! YAY!! Kristen (creator of Discount Coupon Codes) recommended this and it worked.

Add to checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php:

<?php
?>
 <tr class="headerError">
<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Thanks!

~Tracy

Hi Bill,

I have it working now! YAY!! Kristen (creator of Discount Coupon Codes) recommended this and it worked.

Add to checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php:

<?php
?>
 <tr class="headerError">
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Thanks!

Tracy, was that in addition to the code I suggested or did Discount Coupon errors work with the code above by itself? It appears this was an isolated issue with the Discount Coupon contribution and not a bug in STS. STS will show all system messages just fine "out of the box".

To answer you checkout payment template question: No, you do not need one as it is totally "optional" just as whether or not to create a product template or any other template other than the default template. ;)

Glad you got the error message working for your checkout pages!

-Bill Kelllum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill/All

Just a quick question to see if anyone has a wysiwyg editor for the new product page working with STS 4.2 and HTC 2.6?

Many Thanks

Becki

(I have tried Tinymce but I have problems!)

Becki, have you tried "TinyMCE Anywhere"? I have installed this contribution for some clients and it installed very seamlessly. If you were going to use an editor in the admin, I would suggest this one. Very easy to configure as it comes with all of the files needed and it is configured "out of the box" to use all features. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tracy, was that in addition to the code I suggested or did Discount Coupon errors work with the code above by itself? It appears this was an isolated issue with the Discount Coupon contribution and not a bug in STS. STS will show all system messages just fine "out of the box".

To answer you checkout payment template question: No, you do not need one as it is totally "optional" just as whether or not to create a product template or any other template other than the default template. ;)

Glad you got the error message working for your checkout pages!

-Bill Kelllum

The code change to includes/classes/sts.php did not seem to do anything. If I only change that file I do not see my errors on the checkout pages for the coupons. If I add the code that Kristen recommended I do see the errors - whether includes/classes/sts.php has been changed as you recommended or not. So I guess the answer to your question is yes, it works all by itself ;) But it also works with your modifcations too. ;)

Dunno what causes the problem - just glad I have it fixed :thumbsup:

Thanks!

~Tracy

The code change to includes/classes/sts.php did not seem to do anything. If I only change that file I do not see my errors on the checkout pages for the coupons. If I add the code that Kristen recommended I do see the errors - whether includes/classes/sts.php has been changed as you recommended or not. So I guess the answer to your question is yes, it works all by itself ;) But it also works with your modifcations too. ;)

Dunno what causes the problem - just glad I have it fixed :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Good to know...thanks!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I want to create unique style for each artist (manufacturer): header, footer, body, buttons, etc.. I read this is possible by my small mind isnt grasping exactly how to go about achieving it! Is it as simple as creating a new template folder inside my_templates folder and including files as Ive done for my_templates? I read in the doc that I can create new sts modules; would this be a better approach? Ive already created a template for one of my artists but it has the same header, etc as my index.php_0.html page.

Really appreciate any help. Thank you

Becki, have you tried "TinyMCE Anywhere"? I have installed this contribution for some clients and it installed very seamlessly. If you were going to use an editor in the admin, I would suggest this one. Very easy to configure as it comes with all of the files needed and it is configured "out of the box" to use all features. :thumbsup:

Hi Bill,

I haven't actually yet - i tried the other contribution package of TinyMce but it gave me all sorts of problems with the meta tags etc appearing at the top of my product_info page etc. Although i did read that might be fixed by using 'stripslashes' as in the TinyMce documents it says there are soemtimes issue swhen using it on a php page.

I know the core files are the same for tinymce and the only thing to change is the text in product_info. Have you set it so it only works for the description box rather than all the text boxes (HTC text field etc etc) as i ened up with about 9 instances of it! If you have time is there any chance you could post your code between the head tags for your product_info page?

I shall give 'Tinymce anywhere' a go but i checked and the install instruction were pretty much the same as the one I tried - I don't know maybe there was some issue on running on a local install?

many thanks once again

Becki

If you have time is there any chance you could post your code between the head tags for your product_info page?

many thanks once again

Becki

Sorry I meant the code in the admin/categories.php page so that I can use it when creating a new product?

Becki

helo.

i'm now here to oscommerce and sts, i have installd osc and sts v4, and a'm trying to make a tamplete for my site, but i need a little help,

here is what am trying to do,

i don't want the left and right colum so i'm making a single html box in the templete with links like categories, ect. and i'm trying to make like a onmouseover pop up, thet if you hold your mouse over the categories link , the categories box should popup by the side,

so what sould i put in, i tried to put in the tag for the categories box, but then it shows the categories box in th tamplete, in other words the browser read's the tag and outputs the categoris box, ignoring the script,

can any body help me with dhis or show me where i can look it up, cuz my search didn't come up with any thing,

thanks, sorry for my bad english, and maybe stopid ?,

thanks again

helo.

i'm now here to oscommerce and sts, i have installd osc and sts v4, and a'm trying to make a tamplete for my site, but i need a little help,

here is what am trying to do,

i don't want the left and right colum so i'm making a single html box in the templete with links like categories, ect. and i'm trying to make like a onmouseover pop up, thet if you hold your mouse over the categories link , the categories box should popup by the side,

so what sould i put in, i tried to put in the tag for the categories box, but then it shows the categories box in th tamplete, in other words the browser read's the tag and outputs the categoris box, ignoring the script,

can any body help me with dhis or show me where i can look it up, cuz my search didn't come up with any thing,

thanks, sorry for my bad english, and maybe stopid ?,

thanks again

I'm not sure if this would work or not - but you could try modifying Son of a Suckerfish code (just do a search on the internet like this: "Son of a Suckerfish") and have the $categories tag inside the <div> that you are offsetting with the Suckerfish code. You would have the link as regular HTML inside your template. Something like:

<div id="menu">

<ul><li>Categories</li></ul>

</div>

<div id="categories">$categories</div>

~Tracy