• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

It seems that the custom images feature added in v4.4 is sometimes buggy, so modifications in html_output.php should not be done unless you want to make some debug.

If somebody with the image bug could place this code at the beginning of tep_image function, instead of the original STS code, and post the result here, it would help us a lot:

// START STS v4.4:
  global $sts;
	if (is_object($sts)) $sts->image($src); // Take image from template folder if exists.
	  else die (var_dump(debug_backtrace()));
// END STS v4.4

Thanks,

Rigadin

Hi Rigadin,

Looks like I was coming at that the wrong way. I'd like to understand what the vardump is telling me here. Would you explain the results and what you're looking for (just for my own learning)

Thanks!

array(4) { [0]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(84) "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/classes/message_stack.php" ["line"]=> int(43) ["function"]=> string(9) "tep_image" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &string(24) "images/icons/success.gif" [1]=> &string(7) "Success" } } [1]=> array(7) { ["file"]=> string(84) "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/classes/message_stack.php" ["line"]=> int(30) ["function"]=> string(3) "add" ["class"]=> string(12) "messageStack" ["object"]=> object(messageStack)#5 (8) { ["table_border"]=> string(1) "0" ["table_width"]=> string(4) "100%" ["table_cellspacing"]=> string(1) "0" ["table_cellpadding"]=> string(1) "2" ["table_parameters"]=> string(0) "" ["table_row_parameters"]=> string(0) "" ["table_data_parameters"]=> string(0) "" ["messages"]=> array(0) { } } ["type"]=> string(2) "->" ["args"]=> array(3) { [0]=> &string(5) "login" [1]=> &string(61) "Success: A new password has been sent to your e-mail address." [2]=> &string(7) "success" } } [2]=> array(7) { ["file"]=> string(78) "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php" ["line"]=> int(500) ["function"]=> string(12) "messageStack" ["class"]=> string(12) "messageStack" ["object"]=> object(messageStack)#5 (8) { ["table_border"]=> string(1) "0" ["table_width"]=> string(4) "100%" ["table_cellspacing"]=> string(1) "0" ["table_cellpadding"]=> string(1) "2" ["table_parameters"]=> string(0) "" ["table_row_parameters"]=> string(0) "" ["table_data_parameters"]=> string(0) "" ["messages"]=> array(0) { } } ["type"]=> string(2) "->" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [3]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(59) "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/osc/catalog/login.php" ["line"]=> int(13) ["args"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(78) "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php" } ["function"]=> string(7) "require" } }

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Also, you mentioned that you have ACA installed. Did you be sure not to use the categories.php file from the HTC contribution but use the HTC files for ACA instead? There should be four files needed from the ACA contribution for the languages and modules category and product folders. I didn't mention this before since you had said that you were already on the HTC forum and they sent you over here so I figured this was already discussed. :-

Hi!

At first I did use the HTC contribution files. Since I got a problem in the middle of installation, I was adviced that I should use the HTC from STS package. I reinstalled HTC again from STS pack . I made the necessary manual modifications except the ones for admin/categories.php. The admin/categories.php is with ACA modifications. As I understand, I have to do all the HTC modifications leaving only categories.php file, which is to be enabled at the ACA module. Hopefully I am on the right track.

Thanks for your effort. :blush:

Hi!

I am looking for the header_contact_us.gif as part of $contactlogo at full/images/english. It was written on page 17 of STS4.4.doc that. It should be added from STSv.4.3, but it seems to be lacking. Is it really lacking?

Thanks!

Fidela :blush:

Hi,

I'm completely new with Oscommerce, and only in the process of learning PHP - I'm literally a few days in.

I managed to successfully install Oscommerce ms2.2 060817 and everything worked fine after downloading and implementing the register_globals fix.

After the installation, my next step was to install STS4.4 - which I did, and this is where things went a bit wrong. After installing STS4.4, the register_globals problem returned. I trusted that repatching the installation with the register_globals fix would circumvent this problem, but I am now left with the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 78

I installed Oscommerce on a local server, using XAMPP set for PHP 4.4.4

What am I doing wrong, and what would I need to do to fix the problem? I've tried enabling register_globals in the php.ini file in the XAMPP folder, but this seems to have little effect, plus I'd like my Osc installation to work with register_globals off as it will in its final hosting environment.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by laprisamata

Hi,

I'm completely new with Oscommerce, and only in the process of learning PHP - I'm literally a few days in.

I managed to successfully install Oscommerce ms2.2 060817 and everything worked fine after downloading and implementing the register_globals fix.

After the installation, my next step was to install STS4.4 - which I did, and this is where things went a bit wrong. After installing STS4.4, the register_globals problem returned. I trusted that repatching the installation with the register_globals fix would circumvent this problem, but I am now left with the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 78

I installed Oscommerce on a local server, using XAMPP set for PHP 4.4.4

What am I doing wrong, and what would I need to do to fix the problem? I've tried enabling register_globals in the php.ini file in the XAMPP folder, but this seems to have little effect, plus I'd like my Osc installation to work with register_globals off as it will in its final hosting environment.

Many thanks in advance.

For the moment you can remove the STS entry that appears in html_output and that should fix it. There's a few brains poking at the issue (see above) but no resolution yet.

HTH,

Iggy

Hi!

I am looking for the header_contact_us.gif as part of $contactlogo at full/images/english. It was written on page 17 of STS4.4.doc that. It should be added from STSv.4.3, but it seems to be lacking. Is it really lacking?

Thanks!

Fidela :blush:

If you want to use this placeholder, you have to create an image and place it in the folder mentionned.

- Rigadin

Iggy,

the backtrace function returns the list of all the files where the php parser has been and gives as well the parameters passed to functions. The var_dump just displays the content of an array or object.

With the backtrace you can see that we start from login.php, then application_top, message_stack class and we stop in tep_image.

The message_stack object is created in application_top.php and if there is a message to display, it is added to the stack here. With each message we also display a small icon and we use tep_image for that. If you look well, you'll see that we create the message_stack object just before we create the sts object => problem in tep_image with a non existing sts object?

OK, solution now:

At the end of application_top.php, remove this code:

require (DIR_WS_CLASSES.'sts.php');
 $sts= new sts();
 $sts->start_capture();

and move it just before this code (few lines up):

// initialize the message stack for output messages
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');
 $messageStack = new messageStack;

That't all.

- Rigadin

Iggy,

the backtrace function returns the list of all the files where the php parser has been and gives as well the parameters passed to functions. The var_dump just displays the content of an array or object.

With the backtrace you can see that we start from login.php, then application_top, message_stack class and we stop in tep_image.

The message_stack object is created in application_top.php and if there is a message to display, it is added to the stack here. With each message we also display a small icon and we use tep_image for that. If you look well, you'll see that we create the message_stack object just before we create the sts object => problem in tep_image with a non existing sts object?

OK, solution now:

$sts= new sts();
 $sts->start_capture();

That't all.

- Rigadin

I feel like a mole that's been given a flashlight. I always just traced back by hand and intuition.

Thanks for that.

Iggy

Hello Becki,

You should use index.php_0.html for your home page and then index.php.html would be used for all others. Of course you will have to enable the index module in the admin for STS.

Thanks Bill, I new there must be a more logical way!

Thanks

Becki

Hello community,

thanks a lot for this great software and all its contributions. Starting using it a few days ago and it really easy to get along with. Except one thing ;) I've been reading and the manual back and forth, tried tons of things, studied the including templates... But i seem unable to get the content template per category working. I put my wannabe layout into my sts_template/theme/content/index.php_1.html but it refuses to appear.

Did i forget anything?

Cheers,

Ronny

Hello, I have combined STS 4.4 with HTC 2.6.0 but have not uploaded it as a contribution yet because I have not had time to update the documents. I can give you the files only if that will help you out. Just send me an email. I plan to upload to osC STS4 Power Pack contribution site as soon as I update the documentation. You could use these files to compare with what you have to help you find your errors.

I sent you an e-mail regarding this matter. Thanks for your support.

:blush:

Fidela

$sts= new sts();
 $sts->start_capture();

That't all.

- Rigadin

Thanks Chris! That worked perfectly!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

In case any newbies want to see what the code will end up looking like in the edited version of catalog/includes/application_top.php for the fix by Chris above, here it is:

At the very end of application_top.php, it should look like this:

// START STS 4.1
 $sts= new sts();
 $sts->start_capture();
 // END STS 4.1

// set which precautions should be checked
 define('WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE', 'true');
 define('WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE', 'true');
 define('WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE', 'true');
 define('WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'true');
 define('WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE', 'true');
?>

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I've never really explored what STS can and can't do since I was told it didn't work alongside many contributions.

Is that still the case? Was that ever the case? Can anyone advise please on the pro's and con's of installing this?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I've never really explored what STS can and can't do since I was told it didn't work alongside many contributions.

Is that still the case? Was that ever the case? Can anyone advise please on the pro's and con's of installing this?

Hello chooch, My vote may be biased but I think STS is very easy to install and work with many and if not all other contributions out there. STS allows you to create tags that represent PHP scripts within osCommerce. If you have a contribution that creates a custom infobox, then you will need to configure a tag in STS to call up that custom infobox. That is where the problems start for those that have issues with STS. They do not create the tag for the custom box (or other custom script) that was created in the installation of the new contribution and then incorrectly think that STS just doesn't work with that contribution.

There is a site with tips on getting advanced contributions to work with STS. You can find it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

There is a site with tips on getting advanced contributions to work with STS. You can find it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply.

It doesn't matter if you're biased - we all are biased towards something or another :thumbsup:

I liked the site link you gave to someone else in the forum: hatoverheels.com

The main thing is, I took a stock download of oscommerce and jam-packed it with contributions left, right and centre. The idea behind it is to keep a super-duper loaded osc version as a base to build websites for clients and myself. Keeping your post above in mind I don't know if it will work properly with a loaded version so I will add the latest download of STS to a stock/vanilla install and take it from there.

Thanks again Bill

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply.

It doesn't matter if you're biased - we all are biased towards something or another :thumbsup:

I liked the site link you gave to someone else in the forum: hatoverheels.com

The main thing is, I took a stock download of oscommerce and jam-packed it with contributions left, right and centre. The idea behind it is to keep a super-duper loaded osc version as a base to build websites for clients and myself. Keeping your post above in mind I don't know if it will work properly with a loaded version so I will add the latest download of STS to a stock/vanilla install and take it from there.

Thanks again Bill

There is an individual in this forum that has 35 plus contributions on a 060817 version osCommerce (stock not a fork version) with STS v4.4 included. I use his version as a base store for clients and it works great. Saves me a ton of time. It would be great if he could upload it as a "loaded" contribtution but I think it would be incorrectly classified as a "fork" even though the code is only osc and several contributions integrated into the install. He offers it as a "free" download from his site. If he see this maybe he will contact you about it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I gave out his info but I will let him do it just in case. :-

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello community,

thanks a lot for this great software and all its contributions. Starting using it a few days ago and it really easy to get along with. Except one thing ;) I've been reading and the manual back and forth, tried tons of things, studied the including templates... But i seem unable to get the content template per category working. I put my wannabe layout into my sts_template/theme/content/index.php_1.html but it refuses to appear.

Did i forget anything?

Cheers,

Ronny

I just noticed that i didn't point out clearly enough what i'm after. sorry. I don't want to change the overall look per category like i would achive with using the index.php_catnr.html way, i want to change the content of the category lists. Is there a way to alter the standard table via STS or does one have to work on the core osC files?

Ronny

There is an individual in this forum that has 35 plus contributions on a 060817 version osCommerce (stock not a fork version) with STS v4.4 included. I use his version as a base store for clients and it works great. Saves me a ton of time. It would be great if he could upload it as a "loaded" contribtution but I think it would be incorrectly classified as a "fork" even though the code is only osc and several contributions integrated into the install. He offers it as a "free" download from his site. If he see this maybe he will contact you about it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I gave out his info but I will let him do it just in case. :-

Hi Bill!

I would like to know where this individual's site is, so I can make use of it too. Woud you send me info to my e-mail about this?

Thanks! ;)

Fidela

Edited by star8

Hi!

I am using STSv4.4, Basic Design Pack and ACA installations.

I noticed that my header was moved more to the right and showing 1/4 of the header twice on the Internet explorer but is fine on Firefox.

The content template i used, product_info.php_26.html, drags the content page to the right out of the whole page border on Firefox, while it is fine on Internet explorer.

How do I resolve these problems?

Thanks. :blush:

Fidela

Hi,

I've installed Multi-Store v1.9 on the base of a clean oscommerice and then with a STS v4.4. However I could not configure the STS module in admin panel - module: sts, there is no response when I click on the install button, no matter which store I chose.

Could anyone help me solving this problem, pls.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have install STS v4 on a brand new clean OSC install, but every time I tried and edit the default settings to true ---- full ------ true it won't save and reverts back yo false ---- test ----- false, can anyone here help me

This is a bug in the last osC release. Check STS contribution page, there is a patch for that (osc module patch or something like that, from BKellum, last year)

- Rigadin2

Hi!

I am using STSv4.4, Basic Design Pack and ACA installations.

I noticed that my header was moved more to the right and showing 1/4 of the header twice on the Internet explorer but is fine on Firefox.

The content template i used, product_info.php_26.html, drags the content page to the right out of the whole page border on Firefox, while it is fine on Internet explorer.

How do I resolve these problems?

Thanks. :blush:

Fidela

Hello anyone?

This is my second time to post this message. It is really an urgent matter. I have to fix this otherwise, it is waste for me to use the content template.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Hello anyone?

This is my second time to post this message. It is really an urgent matter. I have to fix this otherwise, it is waste for me to use the content template.

Thanks in advance. ;)

I'm not sure what is causing your issue exactly but the first place I would look is in the CSS or HTML in the template or even in the header.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions