• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi all

I am in the middle of installing the featured box contribution and am having a problem with one of the sts files.

It says....

15.3 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

$template['featuredbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['featuredbox'], 'featuredbox');

and further down

echo $sts_block['featured'];

Well, I eventually found the file in the modules folder but it doesn't say where to insert these lines. I gave it my best guess but just get errors. Would any of you know where it goes ?

regards

Graham

Edited by itsgraham

Hi BleuBayClothing, tnx for the quick response, I already looked at the manual but couldnt find whats wrong.

the page I showed in the previos post showed only if I enter the specific name of the page, if I enter just my root address all I get is this messege, so I guess I did something wrong.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in D:\webppliance\conf\domains\mstudiocoil\Inetpub\wwwroot\store\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php:13) in D:\webppliance\conf\domains\mstudiocoil\Inetpub\wwwroot\store\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

I already checked my settings and they all looks OK + if I turn off STS the default OSC is back.

Hi BleuBayClothing, tnx for the quick response, I already looked at the manual but couldnt find whats wrong.

the page I showed in the previos post showed only if I enter the specific name of the page, if I enter just my root address all I get is this messege, so I guess I did something wrong.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in D:\webppliance\conf\domains\mstudiocoil\Inetpub\wwwroot\store\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php:13) in D:\webppliance\conf\domains\mstudiocoil\Inetpub\wwwroot\store\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

I already checked my settings and they all looks OK + if I turn off STS the default OSC is back.

never mind the post above, I just solved it by reinstalling STS 3 times :-"

moving on to the next step :lol:

Tnx for a great product

if you dont mind me asking... what is this contribution called?

Yes, you can follow the directions but be careful because their is some really bad advice in that thread. Remember, in order for galleries.php.html to work, you need an actual galleries.php file. Like the thread points out, the easiest way to do this is to copy conditions.php and then rename it to galleries.php and make the noted edits.

**There is also a contribution out there that will create new pages for you and make sure the required PHP code is in place called "Unlimited Pages". thumbsup.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I follow this forum on how to easily add new pages. I followed Burts directions (excluding where he says to make changes to includes/application.top.php). A few entries below Burts, Vger says to update includes/filenames.php, not application_top. Its easy.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31019

Yes, you can follow the directions but be careful because their is some really bad advice in that thread. Remember, in order for galleries.php.html to work, you need an actual galleries.php file. Like the thread points out, the easiest way to do this is to copy conditions.php and then rename it to galleries.php and make the noted edits.

**There is also a contribution out there that will create new pages for you and make sure the required PHP code is in place called "Unlimited Pages". thumbsup.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I follow this forum on how to easily add new pages. I followed Burts directions (excluding where he says to make changes to includes/application.top.php). A few entries below Burts, Vger says to update includes/filenames.php, not application_top. Its easy.

I tried that way but since i use STS its kind of weird. I just got the contribution and have been on it for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to use it :-/ lol

I tried that way but since i use STS its kind of weird. I just got the contribution and have been on it for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to use it :-/ lol

I have STS too and it worked for me. Its not really a contribution (as in zip files to download). What are you having problems with?

I have STS too and it worked for me. Its not really a contribution (as in zip files to download). What are you having problems with?

i understand how ti works by creating the file and placing it in the information box. However, i cant find the file i created in my catalog? I want to link the page to my navigation instead of the information box. I also want to add links to the file i just created to take my visitors to the actual product page. I also dont get when u say "**There is also a contribution out there that will create new pages for you and make sure the required PHP code is in place called "Unlimited Pages". thumbsup.gif"

i understand how ti works by creating the file and placing it in the information box. However, i cant find the file i created in my catalog? I want to link the page to my navigation instead of the information box. I also want to add links to the file i just created to take my visitors to the actual product page. I also dont get when u say "**There is also a contribution out there that will create new pages for you and make sure the required PHP code is in place called "Unlimited Pages". thumbsup.gif"

This link is just a topic in the forums, it wont create pages for you. I have used it to create a page (other_services.php

) that I use in my navigation bar and which links to a page in my site.  Im not using the info boxes that are a part of  STSv4.3.3.  Ive noticed there is a contribution that helps you make pages but this link is not that.  I wish I could help more but I too am a novice.  Take a look at this:

This link is just a topic in the forums, it wont create pages for you. I have used it to create a page (other_services.php
) that I use in my navigation bar and which links to a page in my site.  Im not using the info boxes that are a part of  STSv4.3.3.  Ive noticed there is a contribution that helps you make pages but this link is not that.  I wish I could help more but I too am a novice.  Take a look at this:

I am doing the same thing as you. I am using it to create pages for my info box, but linking them to my navigation. Thanks for the help.

I am doing the same thing as you. I am using it to create pages for my info box, but linking them to my navigation. Thanks for the help.

Are you sure you've correctly turned on STS (for info boxes) in admin?

Hi All,

I am nearing the end of building our store. I'm using OSC2 MS2 with toe following contributions: STS 4.3; SEO URL's; discount coupon codes;

I was hoping to add the Worldpay payment gateway as our main payment processing gateway but I've seen some rather unsettling articles on the forums about STS and Wroldpay not working together. The issue as I understand it is that the Worldpay call back requires that the file it runs NOT use an STS template as STS removes some required information returned by Worldpay in the header.

In any event the solution I've seen proposed involves a small code to change to disable use of templates. This involves modifying the sts_display_output.php file. Most of the posts I saw were relatively old and did not seem relevant to STS 4.3.3 so yy questions are this:

2) What is the correct way to disable the use of templates for a specific file. The solution posted on the forums was this:

Add this following in sts_display_output.php

CODE// override if $notemplate is set in the page **********

if(isset($notemplate) && $notemplate == "YES") {

$display_template_output = 0;

$display_normal_output = 1;

}

// **** end notemplate-mod RE

Then, open wpcallback.php (the one in your catalog base directory) and add the following code directly after the opening PHP tag (<?php).

CODE// ****** flag to prevent STS template-system

$notemplate = "YES";

// ****** end

If I use this method then I should be able to set $notemplate = "YES" in any module that I do not require to use STS templates.

However I tried this and it appears to suppress the output of the template file but it does not display anything else either - just a blank screen. Therefore can someone tell if this is indeed the correct way to suppress template use on a per file basis in STS 4.3.3

2) Does anyone have STS and Worldpay working nicely together? It would be reassuring to know that at least it can be done!

I'd really appreciate any input on this issue.

Many thanks

Bill

Hi guys,

I'm running STS v4.2 and I'm adding the Hide Products and Categories for SPPC contrib and just wanted to make sure what files (if any) from STS I need to modify. Here is the list of files that this contrib modifies:

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

catalog/admin/categories.php

catalog/index.php

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php

catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php

catalog/includes/boxes/best_seller.php

catalog/includes/boxes/reviews.php

catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php

catalog/includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php

catalog/products_new.php

catalog/advanced_search_result.php

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/product_reviews.php

catalog/product_reviews_info.php

catalog/product_reviews_write.php

catalog/reviews.php

catalog/includes/column_right.php

The only STS file I've currently modified is sts_inc/product_info.php

Is that the only one I need to modify?

Thanks! :)

~Tracy

As my client has requested, I am beginning to customize the material that makes up the $content variable contents. But the php files which cobble the data together are a mess in terms of presentation and styling. Is there a way that STS'ers have tackled this? Is there a clean way to do it without mucking around with the actual php files? ...an additional contribution perhaps?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Hi guys,

I'm running STS v4.2 and I'm adding the Hide Products and Categories for SPPC contrib and just wanted to make sure what files (if any) from STS I need to modify. Here is the list of files that this contrib modifies:

The only STS file I've currently modified is sts_inc/product_info.php

Is that the only one I need to modify?

Thanks! :)

Well - I am completely at a loss and hoping maybe there's something in STS that I need to edit. All appears to be working correctly with the Hide Products and Categories from Customer Groups for SPPC contrib - except for one thing. The checkout button. If I log into my site as a retail customer I can add items to my cart and checkout just fine. However, if I log in as a Wholesale customer - everything appears fine until I click the Checkout button. It won't do anything but re-load the shopping_cart.php page :blink:

I have been through the code multiple times and I cannot locate anything that would cause this. Is there somewhere else in the STS files that has something to do with the function of the Checkout button?

~Tracy

As my client has requested, I am beginning to customize the material that makes up the $content variable contents. But the php files which cobble the data together are a mess in terms of presentation and styling. Is there a way that STS'ers have tackled this? Is there a clean way to do it without mucking around with the actual php files? ...an additional contribution perhaps?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

If I get you right, and you want to change the text that shows in the main page of the shop, you can simply add another templet file that calls index.php.html to you templet directory (If you are using a diffrent name then "index.php" for your main page then you should change it in the templet too ( your main page here.php.html)

hope that helps :P

Hi all

I got my shop working pretty well except the Click To Enlarge that does not work when i have sts enabled. i get a javascript error when i click, I searched for a solution and I have <!--$headcontent--> in all of the pages, I also checked my header.php but couldn't figure what to do in there, does anyone have an idea

Tnx alot :thumbsup:

Edited by artico

Well - I am completely at a loss and hoping maybe there's something in STS that I need to edit. All appears to be working correctly with the Hide Products and Categories from Customer Groups for SPPC contrib - except for one thing. The checkout button. If I log into my site as a retail customer I can add items to my cart and checkout just fine. However, if I log in as a Wholesale customer - everything appears fine until I click the Checkout button. It won't do anything but re-load the shopping_cart.php page :blink:

I have been through the code multiple times and I cannot locate anything that would cause this. Is there somewhere else in the STS files that has something to do with the function of the Checkout button?

Ok - We found the fix to this problem (YAY!!!) - but I would still appreciate it if someone could review the list of files that Hide Products and Categories from Customer Groups for SPPC modifies and let me know if there are any sts v4.2 that I should be editing as well ;)

Thanks!

~Tracy

If I get you right, and you want to change the text that shows in the main page of the shop, you can simply add another templet file that calls index.php.html to you templet directory (If you are using a diffrent name then "index.php" for your main page then you should change it in the templet too ( your main page here.php.html)

hope that helps :P

I'm not being clear. My apologies. When creating a new user, or going to the account page, the text is pulled from an includes/languages/english/account.php or some such file. Inside the php file, the text is easily editable, but what I can't figure out is how to keep it from rendering in an awful unmanageable table. Is there a contribution that manages those tables into clean CSS friendly divs and classes? Is there an STS trick? Or do I have to do that manually?

What have other people done?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

I'm not being clear. My apologies. When creating a new user, or going to the account page, the text is pulled from an includes/languages/english/account.php or some such file. Inside the php file, the text is easily editable, but what I can't figure out is how to keep it from rendering in an awful unmanageable table. Is there a contribution that manages those tables into clean CSS friendly divs and classes? Is there an STS trick? Or do I have to do that manually?

What have other people done?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

You can use your own styles and add them to the catalog stylesheet. There is a contribution for available for ideas called: "tablelessCSS_osc"

if you dont mind me asking... what is this contribution called?
Sorry, I thought I made this clear in my original post. The contribution is called "Information Pages Unlimited". You can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1026

Sorry for the delay...I was away for the weekend...took time off to be at the Bears game. Da Bears! :D

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi all

just installed the latest OScommerce and the latest STS, i followed all the instructions I could findand all I got was this (picture).

(picture - omited)

is there any start point I can look for to solve this prob ? or any step by step guide to aid such beginers like me :blush:

Im all fresh in oscommerce so please be eazy on me :P .

tnx for any help

Artico, you did not correctly define the end character in your template file. You should have a line of code in your template files such as:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_END_CHAR', '#'); ?>

In this example code, your end character is defined as "#". You can set it up as anything you want but keep in mind that all of your sts tags should end with that character. If they do not, then you will end up with your tags showing up in the browser instead of the PHP content that they represent. :thumbsup:

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Graham,

What contribution are you trying to get to work with STS? I do not know of a "featured box" contribution. Do you mean "Featured Products"? Also, regarding the instructions that you posted, did that come from the mentioned contribution? If so, I would check on what version of STS they were referring to. :blink:

To integrate custom infoxes into STS, just follow these easy instructions:

For example:

The code below will create a sts user tag for the infobox "search.php" and the tag will be "$whatever":

$sts->start_capture();
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');
  $sts->stop_capture('whatever', 'box');

You will save this code just before the last ?> in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file.

Hope this helps you out. :thumbsup:

Hi all

I am in the middle of installing the featured box contribution and am having a problem with one of the sts files.

It says....

15.3 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

$template['featuredbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['featuredbox'], 'featuredbox');

and further down

echo $sts_block['featured'];

Well, I eventually found the file in the modules folder but it doesn't say where to insert these lines. I gave it my best guess but just get errors. Would any of you know where it goes ?

regards

Graham

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Artico, you have declared something twice and that is why you are getting the error message above. STS does not make any modifications to the "categories.php" file so maybe you have another contribution causing the problem?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions