• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution

mpiscopo

first you have to export orders through your admin panel in oscommerce. then you save it somewhere like your desktop or whatever (it's an .iif file). then you import that into quickbooks.

would you know if this will work with the the free vertion of Quickbooks?

at the end of the day the code will be good

would you know if this will work with the the free vertion of Quickbooks?

no, i don't use quickbooks. but if it reads .iif files, you should be ok, although you might not be able to define custom fields that you might need since there is an apparently unfixable undefined method in the code.

:angry:

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Kira,

That should work fine.I don't know why it does not work for you the same.

Maybe we can have a chat on that.

My email is [email protected] or IM: [email protected]

Regards,

Bogdan

no, i don't use quickbooks. but if it reads .iif files, you should be ok, although you might not be able to define custom fields that you might need since there is an apparently unfixable undefined method in the code.

:angry:

I sent you a PM. Thanks for trying to help. I'm frustrated!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have installed the contribution and everything went without a hitch. Thank you for sharing this. It is very handy.

I have one issue with inventory of Quickbooks assemblies not being transferred to OSC. Has anybody figured out how to bring over the assembly inventory into OSC. The inventory counts are in the IIF file but they are not being read into OSC. All the inventory items are working fine, it's just the assemblies.

Still wondering about this. Is there any way to do account number matching? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

I installed this contribution and everything works great! Thank you SO much for all your hard work!

I do have a question from a client:

Do you know if you can assign all sales product items to 46000 merchandise sales and shipping to 47000 shipping in Quickbooks?

Thanks!

I am currently using QBI and it has worked well for us, but we need it to be able to handle item custom fields, for the same reason the OP started this version; to be able to have a bin/shelf location for the products.

I implemented the script to add a custom field to oscommerce for this, and have the custom field set up in quickbooks.

So, I can either start using this script or hire a programmer to make QBI work. Did you decide to do a custom script because of any limitations on QBI? Seems it would make more sense to have QBI tweaked by a programmer?

Could you pm me your programmer's contact information?

Hi,

I am currently using QBI and it has worked well for us, but we need it to be able to handle item custom fields, for the same reason the OP started this version; to be able to have a bin/shelf location for the products.

This is easy to do in QBI. The EZ contribution was written by someone who wanted to create their own QB add-in, which is fine, but it does not do anything that QBI doesn't do.

I implemented the script to add a custom field to oscommerce for this, and have the custom field set up in quickbooks.

So, I can either start using this script or hire a programmer to make QBI work. Did you decide to do a custom script because of any limitations on QBI? Seems it would make more sense to have QBI tweaked by a programmer?

The commercial version of QBI, currently 3.80 at http://www.qbisoftware.com, uses output template files that are completely separate from the main program code, which makes it very easy to add custom fields. You can do the same thing in QBI 2.10, it's just that the output lines are within the code and not separated.

Thanks

Adam

(Creator of QBI)

Edited by adam5532

• 1 month later...

I've posted this in the past, but haven't received a reply. I have installed this

contribution and had no errors. However, when the import is done into QuickBooks

it doesn't apply the shipping and tax to the correct accounts in QB. Please tell

me how I can do this. Can I use the category matching to assign these items

to the correct Accounts in QB?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I've been trying to get this code up and running but have come across an error. I have read and read this thread and can see that a few members have also had the same error..... but instead of posting an answer they have posted "never mind I've fixed it"

Anyway I would really appreciate a little help if someone was kind enough to help.

I have this code error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW

And it is caused by this code:

'payment_method' => $order['payment_method'],

Can anyone please advise me.

Thanks

Sorry forgot to mention that this is in the order.php

Edited by Halfhidden

Not to worry I've found the error. In case anyone else get this error here's what to do:

Error after editing order.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW

The instructions said this:

"
	 $this->info = array('order_id' => $order_id,
				  'currency' => $order['currency'],
								'currency_value' => $order['currency_value'],
				  'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),
							  'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title'])),
								'shipping_cost' => strip_tags($shipping_method['value']));						  
	  "

First of all don't include the speech marks " " at the beginning and the end. Don't include the dotted line either....... But the reason for the error I had was because the code was closed off early.

In the above code after ($shipping_method['value'] ends with )); but it shouldn't it should read ($shipping_method['value']),

So in stead I posted this code and it worked:

$this->customer = array('id'	=> $order['customers_id'],
						  'name' => $order['customers_name'],
						  'company' => $order['customers_company'],
						  'street_address' => $order['customers_street_address'],
						  'suburb' => $order['customers_suburb'],
						  'city' => $order['customers_city'],
						  'postcode' => $order['customers_postcode'],
						  'state' => $order['customers_state'],
						  'country' => $order['customers_country'],
						  'format_id' => $order['customers_address_format_id'],
						  'telephone' => $order['customers_telephone'],
						  'email_address' => $order['customers_email_address']);

Hope this helps?

OK... stuck again!

I'm getting this error:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/recomco/public_html/test_shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1369

when I try to Load Quickbooks Categories > Check > Action> update

I guess this has a lot to do with the import export files in the contribution.... Have I placed them in the wrong directory?

Any help is appreciated. :blush:

Edited by Halfhidden

Ok this is for anyone who wants to install this contribution. You'll see from my posts above that I have a lot of trouble getting this to work, and this is compounded by the lack of installation support.

So I struggled on and found a lot of errors in the code and corrected them... whilst re-writing the installation instructions to make this contribution easier install.

So here's how to install this contribution with the edited code.... just cut and paste :)

Step 1:

--------

BACKUP your database and any files that will be amended before beginning

Step 2:

--------

Back up the files you are about to edit that are listed below incase you make an error.

Step 3:

--------

Open db/quickbooks_integration.sql file and run this as a SQL Querry on your server, It will prepare the database for this

module.

Step 4:

--------

Now copy the files in code_files folder to their respective places on your server. As an example open folder admin and copy

the contents to your server in the directory admin; Then open admin/includes and copy the files to the admin/includes

directory on your server and so on. DO NOT copy the folders as they will over right your directories.

Step 5:

--------

Upload the quickbooks folder containing the Import and export folders to your catalouge directory

Step 6:

--------

MODIFY the following files: (don't forget to back up)

File: admin/includes/application_top.php

Find:

// set application wide parameters
 $configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . 

TABLE_CONFIGURATION);
 while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {
define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);
 }

Add below:

//set quickbooks parameters
$quickbooks_configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from 

' . TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIG);
while ($quickbooks_configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($quickbooks_configuration_query)) {
  define($quickbooks_configuration['cfgKey'], $quickbooks_configuration['cfgValue']);
  }

File: admin/includes/classes/box.php

Find:

?>

Replace with:

function simpleBox($contents){
		return $this->tableBlock($contents);		
		}
?>

File: admin/includes/classes/order.php

Find:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Replace with:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_id, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Find:

$totals_query = tep_db_query("select title, text from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' order by sort_order");

Replace with:

$totals_query = tep_db_query("select title, text from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' order by sort_order");

$order_total_query = tep_db_query("select text from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' and class = 'ot_total'");
  $order_total = tep_db_fetch_array($order_total_query);

$shipping_method_query = tep_db_query("select title,value from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' and class = 'ot_shipping'");
  $shipping_method = tep_db_fetch_array($shipping_method_query);

Find:

$this->info = array('currency' => $order['currency'],

Replace with:

$this->info = array('order_id' => $order_id,
					  'currency' => $order['currency'],
					  'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),
					  'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? 

substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title'])),
								'shipping_cost' => strip_tags($shipping_method['value']),

Find:

$this->customer = array('name' => $order['customers_name'],

Replace with:

$this->customer = array('id'	=> $order['customers_id'],
						  'name' => $order['customers_name'],

Find:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Replace with:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, products_warehouse_location, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Find:

while ($orders_products = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_products_query)) {
	$this->products[$index] = array('qty' => $orders_products['products_quantity'],
									'name' => $orders_products['products_name'],

Replace with:

while ($orders_products = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_products_query)) {
	  $this->products[$index] = array('qty' => $orders_products['products_quantity'],
									'name' => $orders_products['products_name'],
									'products_warehouse_location' => $orders_products['products_warehouse_location'],

File: admin/includes/column_left.php

Find:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'catalog.php');

Replace with:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'catalog.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'quickbooks.php');

File: admin/includes/configure.php

Find:

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Replace with:

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
 define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'javascript/');

File: admin/includes/database_tables.php

Find:

define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD', 'orders_products_download');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY', 'orders_status_history');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL', 'orders_total');

Replace with:

define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD', 'orders_products_download');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY', 'orders_status_history');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL', 'orders_total');
 define('TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIG', 'quickbooks_configuration');
 define('TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_CUSTOM_FIELDS_TO_PRODUCTS', 'quickbooks_custom_fields_to_products');
 define('TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_SESSION', 'quickbooks_session');
 define('TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_IMPORT_LOG', 'quickbooks_import_log');
 define('TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_TO_OSCOMMERCE_CATEGORIES', 'q_to_o_categories');

File: admin/includes/filenames.php

Find:

?>

Replace with:

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_PREREQUISITES', 'quickbooks_prerequisites.php'); 
 define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_PRODUCTS', 'quickbooks_update_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'quickbooks_custom_fields.php');
 define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_LOG','quickbooks_update_log.php');
 define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIGURATION', 'quickbooks_configuration.php');
 define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_EXPORT_ORDERS', 'quickbooks_export_orders.php');
?>

File: admin/includes/functions/general.php

Find:

?>

Replace with:

////
 // need to get a unique naming format for export by orders 	
  function tep_get_name_export_orders($accountId, $first_name = "", $last_name = "", $company_name){

$name_export_orders = '';
  	   switch (QUICKBOOKS_NAME_FORMAT){   	   	  
  	   	  case 'Last Name, First Name':
  	   		   $name_export_orders = ucfirst($last_name) . ', ' . ucfirst($first_name);				
  	   		   break;
  	   	  case 'Last Name, First Name (osCommerce Acct. Number)':
  	   		   $name_export_orders = ucfirst($last_name) . ', ' . ucfirst($first_name) . ' (' . $accountId . ')';
  	   		   break;
  	   	  case 'First Name Last Name' :
  	   		 $name_export_orders = ucfirst($first_name) . ' ' . ucfirst($last_name);
  	   		 break;
  	   	  case 'First Name Last Name (osCommerce Acct. Number)':
  	   		 $name_export_orders = ucfirst($first_name) . ' ' . ucfirst($last_name)  . ' (' . $accountId . ')';
  	   		 break;
  	   	  case 'Company Name (osCommerce Acct. Number)':
  	   		  if ($company_name)
  	   			 $name_export_orders = ucfirst($company_name)  . ' (' . $accountId . ')';
  	   		  else 
  	   			 $name_export_orders = ucfirst($last_name) . ', ' . ucfirst($first_name) . ' (' . $accountId . ')';
  	   		 break;
  	   	  case 'Company Name' :
  	   		 if ($company_name)
  	   			 $name_export_orders = ucfirst($company_name);
  	   		 else
  	   			 $name_export_orders = ucfirst($last_name) . ', ' . ucfirst($first_name);	
  	   		 break;	   		 
  	   	  default:
  	   		 break;	   	   		 
  	   }
  	  return $name_export_orders;		   
  }

/**
* Retrieves the QUICKBOOKS category equivalence for a given model id
* @param String $model_name
* @return String $quickbooks_category
*/
  function tep_get_quickbooks_category($model_name){   	
  	   $query = tep_db_query("select quickbooks_categories from " . TABLE_QUICKBOOKS_TO_OSCOMMERCE_CATEGORIES . " where 

model_id ='" . $model_name . "'");
  	   $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($query);

if ($categories['quickbooks_categories'])   {   		
  	 	   return $categories['quickbooks_categories'];   	 	   
  	   }
  	   else {   	   	   	 
  	   	   return $model_name;

}   		  
  }
  	/**
  	 * Prepares a folder for upload
  	 * @param String folder path and name
  	 * @return void
  	 */   
  	function prepare_folder_for_upload($folder_name){

//if not exists, create it
  		if (!is_dir($folder_name))
  		  mkdir($folder_name);

//if not writable, make it writable
  		if (!is_writable){
  			chmod($folder_name, '0777');
  		}
  	}
?>

File: admin/includes/languages/english.php

Find:

define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Specials');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Products Expected');

Replace with:

define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Specials');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Products Expected');

//categories box text in includes/boxes/quickbooks.php
define('BOX_HEADING_QUICKBOOKS', 'QuickBooks');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_PREREQUISITES', 'Prerequisites');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_PRODUCTS', 'Update Products');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'Custom Fields');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_LOG', 'Update Log');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_EXPORT_ORDERS', 'Export Orders');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIGURATION', 'Configuration');

Find:

define('IMAGE_UPDATE_CURRENCIES', 'Update Exchange Rate');
define('IMAGE_UPLOAD', 'Upload');

Replace with:

define('IMAGE_UPDATE_CURRENCIES', 'Update Exchange Rate');
define('IMAGE_UPLOAD', 'Upload');
define('IMAGE_ARCHIVE', 'Archive');
define('IMAGE_EXPORT', 'Export');

Find:

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_ZONES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> tax zones)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_RATES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> tax rates)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> zones)');

Replace with:

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_ZONES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> tax zones)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_RATES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> tax rates)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> zones)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_IMPORT_SESSIONS', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> import sessions)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_IMPORT_PRODUCTS', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> import products)');

File: admin/includes/languages/espanol.php

Find:

define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Ofertas');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Próximamente');

Replace with:

define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Ofertas');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Próximamente');

define ('BOX_HEADING_QUICKBOOKS', 'QuickBooks');
define ('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_PRODUCTS', 'Productos De la Actualizacion');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'Campos De encargo');
define ('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_LOG', 'Actualizacion Log');
define ('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_EXPORT_ORDERS', 'Ordenes De la Exportacion');
define ('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIGURATION', 'Configuraciguracion');

Find:

define('IMAGE_UPDATE_CURRENCIES', 'Actualizar Cambio de Moneda');
define('IMAGE_UPLOAD', 'Subir');

Replace with:

define('IMAGE_UPDATE_CURRENCIES', 'Actualizar Cambio de Moneda');
define('IMAGE_UPLOAD', 'Subir');

Find:

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_CLASSES', 'Viendo del <b>%d</b> al <b>%d</b> (de <b>%d</b> tipos de impuesto)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Viendo del <b>%d</b> al <b>%d</b> (de <b>%d</b> zonas)');

Replace with:

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_CLASSES', 'Viendo del <b>%d</b> al <b>%d</b> (de <b>%d</b> tipos de impuesto)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Viendo del <b>%d</b> al <b>%d</b> (de <b>%d</b> zonas)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_IMPORT_SESSIONS', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> import sessions)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_IMPORT_PRODUCTS', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> import products)');

File: admin/includes/languages/german.php

Find:

define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Sonderangebote');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'erwartete Artikel');

Replace with:

define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Sonderangebote');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'erwartete Artikel');

define('BOX_HEADING_QUICKBOOKS', 'QuickBooks');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_PRODUCTS', 'Update Products');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'Custom Fields');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_LOG', 'Update Log');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_EXPORT_ORDERS', 'Export Orders');
define('BOX_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIGURATION', 'Configuration');

Find:

define('IMAGE_UPDATE_CURRENCIES', 'Wechselkurse aktualisieren');
define('IMAGE_UPLOAD', 'Hochladen');

Replace with:

define('IMAGE_UPDATE_CURRENCIES', 'Wechselkurse aktualisieren');
define('IMAGE_UPLOAD', 'Hochladen');

Find:

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_RATES', 'Angezeigt werden <b>%d</b> bis <b>%d</b> (von insgesamt <b>%d</b> Steuersätzen)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Angezeigt werden <b>%d</b> bis <b>%d</b> (von insgesamt <b>%d</b> Bundesländern)');

Replace with:

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_RATES', 'Angezeigt werden <b>%d</b> bis <b>%d</b> (von insgesamt <b>%d</b> Steuersätzen)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Angezeigt werden <b>%d</b> bis <b>%d</b> (von insgesamt <b>%d</b> Bundesländern)');

File: admin/includes/stylesheet.css

At the end of the file add this:

.okText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #14a005; }
.visibilityOff {visibility:hidden;}
.visibilityOn {visibility:visible;}

Hope this helps others.... Halfhidden

Hello,

I made some research and this module was the only module that I found that was "open source" and that did the import and export of inventory between Quickbooks and Os Commerce. I followed the instructions and I ran into couple of minor issues due to copy-paste. But the instructions were written well in general. I would like to thank to the developers who have contributed this module into the Os Commerce Community. I might be interested in contributing to this module in the near future.

Here is a small note about this module that might help some people :

Initially I thought that this module would help to import all the contents of inventory.iif into Os Commerce. I tried clicking on "Update Products" under the "Quick Books" menu and browsed for my file "inventory.iif" and every time I would do this there would be a log entry in the Quick Books module but nothing would get inserted into the products database or anywhere else .. And the log would be an empty entry. (There were no error messages or warnings. So I wasn't sure if it was an issue because I was using the Canadian version of Quick Books) By examining the code I learned the following : This module does the "matching" of your existing products that you may have previously entered into Os commerce system with the products in the inventory.iif file . (One doesn't need to be genius to understand that much ) But here is what I would have liked to see in the documentation: "The products are matched using the product model attribute of a product from the Os commerce with NAME attribute in the inventory.iif file.

I hope that this will help someone to save some time .. Once again thank you for your contribution.

Best regards

http://www.itmontreal.ca

I have just installed contrib EZ_Quickbooks_Integration_v1.00

When running Load Quickbooks Categories I get teh following error Destination not found.

Does anyone know what i have done wrong.

Thanks

Steve

When running Load Quickbooks Categories I get teh following error Destination not found.

Thanks

Steve

Just a wild guess. Have you uploaded the QuickBooks folder to your catalogue directory and changed the chmod to 777 (writable)

Just a wild guess. Have you uploaded the QuickBooks folder to your catalogue directory and changed the chmod to 777 (writable)

No i haven't, When you say the quickbooks folder surely you dont mean the one on the PC (Windoze version)

Thanks

Steve

OK, uploading the quickbooks folder has sorted that problem, now I get an HTTP 550 when running quickbooks_export_orders.php any ideas

OK, uploading the quickbooks folder has sorted that problem, now I get an HTTP 550 when running quickbooks_export_orders.php any ideas

An HTTP 550 is an internal server error.

Did you run the sql querry script at the begining of the tutorial?

An HTTP 550 is an internal server error.

Did you run the sql querry script at the begining of the tutorial?

Yes I did and it all seemed to go well

@ steve

It might be an idea to chat with your hosting company to see if they can help resolve this. The HTTP 550 is a server error and I believe it is a connection error..... So assuming that your site is up and running ok and your configs are set up correctly there is no reason I can thing of for getting this error except server side.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am going to use this contribution and have been testing it

Can you advise on a few thing

If you have a customer with the same name will there be 2 entries in quick books with the same name or will all orders be assingened to the one customer name?

When i import all the countries in the address information are set to the united States. I ship to countries in Europe only how to i pass the country information

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello, I thought I had installed EZ GB correctly but, I'm having a few errors.

The prerequisites is all verified.

I created a new customer and purchased an item.

When to >Customers > Orders > "arrow" and I get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'products_warehouse_location' in 'field list'

select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, products_warehouse_location, final_price from orders_products where orders_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Also when I try to export orders under the Quickbooks > Export Orders I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'is_exported' in 'where clause'

SELECT orders_id FROM orders where is_exported = 0

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know why I am getting these errors?

Thank you