• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution

mpiscopo

I just read that the QBI contribution isn't compatible with QuickBooks POS. If so, then this one probably isn't either as they both create pretty much the same import file for orders. If you know what the differences are, then I'm pretty sure the changes should be pretty easy.

Yeah, I was looking over intuits site and they have different API's for quickbooks and Quickbooks POS. I think a simple workaround is to just use quickbooks as an intermediary between QB POS and osCommerce. You can set QB POS to automatically update every night with Quickbooks, and then you can do the updates from quickbooks to oscommerce.

As for the changes, I do my own programming for the most part, so I might be able to figure out a workaround to get it to work with only one vendor. The MVS contribution already specifies a Vendor ID, so I could porbably just use that to flag it.

As of now I am not using quickbooks at all to keep track of the site. The site isnt live yet either so it's not a big issue. I guess I could use quickbooks to keep track of my own orders/inventory and then for the dropship orders I will just have oscommerce keep track of them as well as the dropshipper.

Hi All,

I'm new to osc and want to add this contrib. I extracted the files from the zip but don't know where to put the code_files Folder. The instructions didn't mention if they go in a new directory named code_files before the /catalog/ directory in the path, or after /catalog/. Then do all the other directories stay in the code_files folder? Or should they be inserted to the /catalog/admin/includes... structure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The directory called "code_files" is the name of the directory which holds the files with the php progamming code. Under that directory there is an admin directory - that admin directory matches the admin directory under your /catalog/admin. Just copy the /code_files/admin directory to /catalog/admin.

Hi All,

I'm new to osc and want to add this contrib. I extracted the files from the zip but don't know where to put the code_files Folder. The instructions didn't mention if they go in a new directory named code_files before the /catalog/ directory in the path, or after /catalog/. Then do all the other directories stay in the code_files folder? Or should they be inserted to the /catalog/admin/includes... structure?

I'm using it with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 7.0. There are no changes in the import/export files between 7.0 and 8.0, so it should work fine.

Very interested in this but will it work with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0

Hi lyonsperf,

You need to place the files in folder "code_files" in the same directory structure as it placed in this contribution.

For example the "code_files/admin" goes in your "<application_install_directory>/admin" and

Same for the other one, "code_files/quickbooks goes" in "<application_install_directory>/"

Regards,

Bogdan

Hi All,

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be dim but I have loaded everything as per the instructions however I am unable to export the orders - the info is drawn from the database and updated to 1(exported) but I get an error that IE cant download quickbooks_export_orders.php from......................... any ideas whether this is a problem with the contribution or my settings?

Hi wintecs,

This i guess is a server settings issue, even if the application does not require some special settings.It work on default configuration of php.

When orders are exported it sets is_exported to 1 in orders table (as you noticed) and creates a file called orders.iif (this is the default name). The best thing can do is have a debug on "admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php" file.

This way will have know for sure what is wrong there.

Let me know if can be of more help.

Greetings,

Bogdan

Sorry to be dim but I have loaded everything as per the instructions however I am unable to export the orders - the info is drawn from the database and updated to 1(exported) but I get an error that IE cant download quickbooks_export_orders.php from......................... any ideas whether this is a problem with the contribution or my settings?

You really should be matching part numbers as they are unique. I don't believe you can import a qbi file into QuickBookswithout part numbers - OB won't allow that.

Is there any code I can use so that my Quickbooks Item Name will correspond with my osCommerce product name instead of product model? It would be so much more convenient.

This is an excellent add-on. I recommended and installed it for a friend. He upgraded to QuickBooks POS Pro and does not have the option to export in IIF format. (FYI, I upgraded my 2005 vers to QuickBook Simple Start 2008 which has NO export features.)

My friend is only able to export in Excel format. When he uploads the file into your add-on he gets "Page can't be found".

Is there much of a difference between these formats? Do you have a workaround for Excel files?

You can try opening the file with Excel then saving it as a tab delimited file. The IIF file QuickBooks creates is tab delimited.

This is an excellent add-on. I recommended and installed it for a friend. He upgraded to QuickBooks POS Pro and does not have the option to export in IIF format. (FYI, I upgraded my 2005 vers to QuickBook Simple Start 2008 which has NO export features.)

My friend is only able to export in Excel format. When he uploads the file into your add-on he gets "Page can't be found".

Is there much of a difference between these formats? Do you have a workaround for Excel files?

Jesse, Did you figure this out? If not, send me a copy of your export file so I can look at it. You can also look at your export files to see if the transactions are in them - or if there's a problem. Open it with Excell and you'll be able to see the customer information and the order information.

Mark

:huh: When I import orders.iif into my Quickbooks, the customers are updated correctly, but no transactions or orders are recorded in Quickbooks. Why is this?

Looks potentially great!!! I have been avoiding upgrading my website until I could find something that dealt with the QB Integration problem. Couple questions:

1) Does it work with Inventory assemblies in QB Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale (I have 2006). I assemble some of my products.

2) Does it work with product attributes such as color or size?

3) Can it deal with unique items such as artwork?

Thanks! Appreciate any suggestions to make it work.

terrafairtrade

Jesse, Did you figure this out? If not, send me a copy of your export file so I can look at it. You can also look at your export files to see if the transactions are in them - or if there's a problem. Open it with Excell and you'll be able to see the customer information and the order information.

Mark

I copied the text from my export file and sent it to you. Let me know if you have any problems with it. Thanks for your help!

Hi Lynn,

1) I don't know how the Inventory Assemblies works, so I can't answer that.

2) No, it doesn't work with product attributes as I don't use this in osCommerce and am not familiar the use of that feature.

3) Does each unique piece of artwork have its own part number? If so, then it's the same as any other inventory item and should work.

The programmer who created this contribution for me is in this forum (Bogdan) and can be hired to add other features. He does a great job and is very reasonable in his pricing. Many of these features I don't use so I really can't work with him on them - since I wouldn't be able to define the requirements accurately and test the resulting program.

Mark

Looks potentially great!!! I have been avoiding upgrading my website until I could find something that dealt with the QB Integration problem. Couple questions:

1) Does it work with Inventory assemblies in QB Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale (I have 2006). I assemble some of my products.

2) Does it work with product attributes such as color or size?

3) Can it deal with unique items such as artwork?

Thanks! Appreciate any suggestions to make it work.

Lynn,

It looks like you're missing the items in the export file - everything else seems to be there. I'll look at it closer today. Did you doublecheck your log files to see that the import matched products in QB to those items?

I copied the text from my export file and sent it to you. Let me know if you have any problems with it. Thanks for your help!

I noticed that the SALES TAX didn't seem to be showing up in the export (quickbooks_export_orders.php).

I know nothing about Quickbooks so I am not sure exactly what AUTOSTAX is (Seems like it tells Quickbooks to Auto calculate the tax based on the Taxable flag.)

Anyway I looked at the export files and the sales tax section was hard coded for $transaction_detail_amount = 0.

Again I assume because AUTOSTAX was set in the file?

If I am correct in this guess...does Quickbooks use a flat rate somewhere to auto calculate?

I don't see the actual TAX RATE exported in the export.

I modified the export to actually calculate the sales tax per item in the prior loop (at line 148) for products:

$sales_tax .= ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['price'])*($order->products[$i]['tax']/100);

Comments or info on the AUTOSTAX would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi!

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong, I have double checked my install....but I can't get the box for quickbooks to show up in the admin area. I have checked and quickbooks.php is installed in admin/includes/boxes...admin/includes/column_left.php has "require quickbooks.php" listed.... For example, if I type in http://mydomain.com/admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php the correct page comes up. I'm not sure why the main box link does not show up.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

Hi!

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong, I have double checked my install....but I can't get the box for quickbooks to show up in the admin area. I have checked and quickbooks.php is installed in admin/includes/boxes...admin/includes/column_left.php has "require quickbooks.php" listed.... For example, if I type in http://mydomain.com/admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php the correct page comes up. I'm not sure why the main box link does not show up.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

Make sure your catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php file has this code inserted anywhere in the file:

//Quickbooks contribution start

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_PREREQUISITES', 'quickbooks_prerequisites.php');

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_PRODUCTS', 'quickbooks_update_products.php');

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'quickbooks_custom_fields.php');

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_UPDATE_LOG','quickbooks_update_log.php');

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_CONFIGURATION', 'quickbooks_configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_QUICKBOOKS_EXPORT_ORDERS', 'quickbooks_export_orders.php');

//Quickbooks contribution end

I don't know if that is the answer you're looking for, but that is the same type of code that was missing in my filenames.php file when I installed other modules.

Lynn,

It looks like you're missing the items in the export file - everything else seems to be there. I'll look at it closer today. Did you doublecheck your log files to see that the import matched products in QB to those items?

I use the actual names of the products in Quickbooks for the product models because I sell things like books and DVDs that don't necessarily have a manufacturer model. Therefore, some of my names have an apostrophe in the name. My SQL database will not accept those names unless I place a backslash before the apostrophe, as in \'s. Anyway, my item list will not import into osCommerce unless I manually edit with a text editor and place backslashes in all the appropriate places. After that the products imported just fine. So I'm wondering if it's because of that problem that my export file will not match the products correctly. Did you find anything else that may cause the problem with the export file?

Edited by God's Eternal Masterpiece

I did recheck to make sure I had filenames.php definitions entered...they were all there....I rechecked my installation again.....and still no quickbooks references show up in the column left in admin. I just don't get why it's not there. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

I don't know how no one else seems to have problems.

I followed instructions to the letter, and there were problems in syntax from the get go. I had to remove a comma in general.php... i was asked insert customers_fax into an array, but not create a database entry for it.

I fixed those, but now when I try to upload .IIF, I get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '70s Guitar Classics'' at line 1

select products_id, products_model, products_quantity from products where products_model =''70s Guitar Classics'

ALSO, when I try to make a custom field, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in /home/rrmusicc/public_html/catalog/admin/quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54

What's going on?