Sign in to follow this  
tenaja

contribution ratings

Is there any system to rate the contributions? I look in the library, and there are dozens of contributions that appear to have duplicate functions (i.e. SEO & search-engine friendly URL's). Almost all of the contributions seem to have numerous "bug fixes"--so how do you tell when one is finally functional? (Do any of the contributors actually test their work thoroughly before posting?) Is there a way to tell if two seemingly identical contributions have been subjectively compared?

Not trying to be negative, but trying to figure out how to select one.

Thanks!

Is there any system to rate the contributions? I look in the library, and there are dozens of contributions that appear to have duplicate functions (i.e. SEO & search-engine friendly URL's). Almost all of the contributions seem to have numerous "bug fixes"--so how do you tell when one is finally functional? (Do any of the contributors actually test their work thoroughly before posting?) Is there a way to tell if two seemingly identical contributions have been subjectively compared?

Thanks!

yes

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Thanks!

No, there's not an objective rating system in place. You can look at the most recent downloads in the contributions section and the number of posts/views, as well as the rating, on the support threads for each contribution, but those results are all skewed so they won't help a lot. Most experienced contribution authors test their code, in my opinion, but there are many contributions that have clearly not been properly tested. The trouble is, you can't tell which is which by looking at them unless you are familiar with the authors work.

Jack

Nothin' like playing Russian Roulette with your shopping database!

(This being an international site, does the non-US world use "Russian Roulette" the same way it's used in the USA?)