• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone Based Shipping Rate - Change Field size

hennanra

Hello,

I remember in an old installation I had to modify the field sizes in the database (I think) for the Zone based shipping table. However, I do not remember the table or field that was changed for this. Basically, I am entering a very long list of shipping weight and prices for some zones - the field in the admin panel (Modules > Shipping > Zone Based Shipping Rates) is too small to accomodate all of these.

Also, the Zone Countries fields in this section is too small. Please can someone advise where I need to change both of these fields. I remember something like the database field size being set to a given number of characters and therefore it restricts the number of text characters that can be entered - although I managed to change this in an old installation - but don't remember how.

Kind Regards,

Raheel

all these go in configuration table.

Should configuration value table.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hello,

Thanks for guidance. For reference as to what I did (in case anyone else benefits from this post) - I checked in the configuration table and changed the field type for the "Configuration Value" field from VarChar(255) to Text. Whilst this field is applied across all data including those not related to shipping - the shipping records require a far longer string (at least in my case).

I therefore changed the field type to Text - with no field size specified. I was finding it a bit awkward to enter records in using control panel (could be that I didn't close and restart session) - so I used PHP my admin to enter data and it worked fine.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards.

Raheel

all these go in configuration table.

Should configuration value table.

Satish

• 1 year later...

I have tried to follow at zones.php instruction. but i still cant add any zone.

only the default zone appeared which is

Zone 1 Countries

US,CA

Zone 1 Shipping Table

3:8.50,7:10.50,99:20.00

can anyone explain to me more details ..

I have tried to follow at zones.php instruction. but i still cant add any zone.

only the default zone appeared which is

Zone 1 Countries

US,CA

Zone 1 Shipping Table

3:8.50,7:10.50,99:20.00

can anyone explain to me more details ..

Hi

You have to go into the zones.php file in catalog/includes/modules/shipping - there's a line in there that says something like 'number of zones =1', change that to how ever many you want. The extra zone fields will then appear in admin>shipping>zones

Graeme

Hi

You have to go into the zones.php file in catalog/includes/modules/shipping - there's a line in there that says something like 'number of zones =1', change that to how ever many you want. The extra zone fields will then appear in admin>shipping>zones

Graeme

thanks for your reply, the extra zone field is supposed to appear in admin>modules>shipping>zone rates ..is it true? ..

i have change the number of zones to 7 and when i go to admin>modules>shipping>zone rates, the part that change is under zone 1 handling fee .. by default it has only one textfield ..after i change to 7 it has 18 textfield under the zone one handling fee ..

can you explain why it is so and how i can actually add more zone?

Thanks in advance .. :D

• 1 month later...
i have figure out the solution ..

to change the zone rate, i follow the instruction at zones.php ..

after i edit it ..

i have to reinstall the zone rates part ..then only it can apply ..

Then did you get the zones? I would be most grateful if you explain what you mean because I have the same problem - when I changed the number of zones from 1 to 7 they all appeared under Zone 1 handling fee. What does reinstall mean? Please help. Thanks in advance. Muzaffar