• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Donation

thebuzzman

Hello with all and all,

Does there exist a contribution donation, which allows that the customer can insert directly in an unspecified cell an amount and that this amount is posted at the time of the purchase of a product, in complement with the selling price and this in the caddie?

Thank you for your answer or contribution.

Hello with all and all,

Does there exist a contribution donation, which allows that the customer can insert directly in an unspecified cell an amount and that this amount is posted at the time of the purchase of a product, in complement with the selling price and this in the caddie?

Thank you for your answer or contribution.

If anyone can find this, it would be great! I'm setting up a store for a charitable organization who sells books, etc., but also takes charitable donations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I need this as well. Foundation site that would like to accept donations but would like the donor to specify the amount rather that set up donation 'products' in a fixed amount.

Anything out there? I thought I saw thin on another site....

Any luck on this? Seems like this contribution is needed...

i have been waiting for a GOOD donation contribution to come out as well.. i wanted it to calculate the change to round up to the nearest dollar and ask the person to DONATE THE CHANGE.. If i come across anything like that, i will let you all know, but so far, nothing.. an di was told it would be expensive to pay someone to com eup with something like that

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 3 months later...
i have been waiting for a GOOD donation contribution to come out as well.. i wanted it to calculate the change to round up to the nearest dollar and ask the person to DONATE THE CHANGE.. If i come across anything like that, i will let you all know, but so far, nothing.. an di was told it would be expensive to pay someone to com eup with something like that

Well, specific to what you are asking, there is the Charity Round-up module that supposedly does that.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6073

Unfortunately for me, I'm still looking for the one everyone above still needs.

I'm a little surprised that the only Donation product available isn't even a product - its that Round Up at Check Out option you mentioned above.

I really need Donation Product where there's a list of recommended donation amounts with an optional "other" field where the customer enters the amount they wish to donate.

Sorry for the partisan link, I just know there is a good example here: https : // donate . barackobama . com / page / contribute / dncd4p1

There's a few recommended values and an OTHER box.

Is this really that hard to create??

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Gary,

That is a much better option that the "round up for charity" add on, but what if all a visitor to your site wanted to do was make a donation?

Do you send them to an empty cart?

I really need an individual product option with a fixed quantity of 1 and a variable for the price.

I wish I knew how to code that myself.

• 4 months later...

Anything new on this? I wandered away from this for a while, but I'm back ... has everyone else wandered from it as well? It continues to be something that would be great to have. I have more than one charitable organization I'm working with who could make use of something like this.

While having an item for which a person can enter an amount for would be great, Gary's solution is definitely a good alternative.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Having searched everywhere for a oscommerse contribution or donations modification I decided to do it myself. And very successfully I might add. This was not an easy task and I can see why there does not appear to be one.

To see this modification use this link. Enter any donation amount. Take it all the way to where you would add a credit card. :) make a donation if you’d like. Notes: You can add as many items as you want to the shopping cart and add a donation as well. The modification uses sessions and database calls.

http://www.rickamatolive.com/donations.html

As much as I love and appreciate Open Source Coding, I do not have the time to make this a formal contribution. I code for all the major eCommerce packages. If your interested in applying this to your site. Contact me thru the forums section here.

Greg