The e-commerce.

P&G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.1 posted

New module

P&G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.1 was posted under contribution/features

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,808/type,3

we describe again functionalities of the module

Functionalities:

----------------

This module does NOT modify in any way the original order data. All new info entered during the processing of an order

is saved in new tables.

This allow to keep a perfect audit trail.

This module allows the following

-> Admin side

-------------

A. Manage processing of orders placed directly through oscommerce

B. Allows to enter Phone order or orders coming from other sources( fax, mail ,auctions....) through ADMIN login

This modified login allows an administrator to create an account and enter manual order for the account of a client.

(no emails ar sent during the manual entry.)

When all infos are entered, the admin can send an email to the client with all data info and login info to access his account.

C. Allows administrator to login with an ADMIN login under any client email (convenient for some of orders: Paypal is a good example

where client would not press the return to catalog button on paypal site. the result is that the client paid Paypal but items stay in shopping

cart instead of being proceesed as a confirmed order)

D. Payment Info : Administrator can enter payment ref, payment date, check number.....

E. Auction Info : if you place as well auctions on ebay or other, allows you to create an order in catalog and enter as well auction number auction end date....

gives possiblity to send order status to person who won the auction: advantage is that you make the winner aware of your catalog

You ask him to login in the catalog part to see his auction status and tracking number. Thus he may come back directly to your site the next time.

Automated direct link to auction page on major auction sites. you can add any auction site where you place auction through an admin page.

F. Tracking number Info: Entry of shipping date, tracking number, direct link to shipper site to track package.

G. Entry of qty shipped vs qty ordered. This allows to keep track of all back ordered items through a report and classify the order

as "Partial Shipment" status. you can review the items and qunatities you still neded to ship.

H. Allows to send an email when package is sent with all infos above: in particular shipping date, carrier and direct link to track order on shipper site.

email date and time recorded and shown.

I. New templates of invoice and packing list with above information.

Company address, "Thank you Note" at bottom of printed invoice or email sent can be modified through admin. extra comment field for auctions can be managed through admin

for specific feedback or comments.

J. All the validations tables records can be modified through admin interface screens.

K. 2 new comments fields were added : one for shipping, one for billing. both can be seen by client through the catalog side.

A third comment field for shipping dept was added for private comments . not shown to client.

NOTE: we created new validation tables for payment methods, shipping carriers specific to the shipping modules.... the tables are NOT linked to the actual shipping and payment modules.

The reason for that is the flexibility. Even though you would not accept for online orders a particular payment method (like western union Bidpay for example)

you can use it for manual entry of orders.

-> Catalog side

---------------

A. Client can login to his account and see online all infos entered in the admin

(Payment Info, Shipping Date, Tracking Number, auction info if auction.....)

B. Client can print the invoice template under order details.

Hi,

Thank you for this much needed contribution.

Is the contribution for New checkout or does it work with the older snapshot?

Regards,

Jalil

Please give your rating on OSCommerce at FreebiesCafe.com, a search directory for free scripts, software, services and resources.

The install text stated it was develop for latest snapshot after Nov 25, anyway it can be modified for the older snapshot pre-Nov'02, any takers?

Regards,

Jalil

Please give your rating on OSCommerce at FreebiesCafe.com, a search directory for free scripts, software, services and resources.

I think version prior to nov25 did not have breadcrumb function and order table did not billing address fields.

We are not full time developers and we did not had the time to test every snapshot on every OS.

We use this module everyday for our shipping under Free BSD and it is stable and works fine.

Install.txt file gives the snapshot used as the beginning I think.

Installation is quick simple since you need only to change usual files to add new defines (application_top, configure, english)

We did not touch anything in the core application apart from 2 files.

We welcome all feedbacks or bugs of course.

Hi,

I (halfway) tested it using snapshot dated Sept. 6, 2002 and it seems to be working.

However, I need help with the followings:

1. When I activate the Manual Entry in the admin page, I got this error message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_loginform() in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/spg_manual_info.php on line 199"

2. When I view the order history under My Account, I got this error message:

"1146 - Table 'mysite_catalog.TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING' doesn't exist

select payment_type, payment_ref, payment_date, comment_pay from TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING where orders_id = '34'

[TEP STOP]"

Appreciate if anybody can point out any mistake I might have done or anything I might have missed during the installation.

Regards,

Jalil

1. When I activate the Manual Entry in the admin page, I got this error message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_loginform() in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/spg_manual_info.php on line 199"

Sorry, please ignore item no. 1, I forgot to upload the /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file.

But I got a different error message when creating a new order:

"Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_SHIPPINGkey_generate.php' (include_path='') in /home/mysite/public_html/create_account_admin.php on line 74"

It works fine after I changed the 'DIR_WS_SHIPPING' to 'DIR_WS_SPG_SHIPPING'.

Regards,

Jalil

Sorry again, another error when I try to Admin Login under Existing Account Name:

"Fatal error: Failed opening required './includes/languages/english/FILENAME_LOGIN_ADMIN' (include_path='') in /home/mysite/public_html/login_admin.php on line 96"

Regards,

Jalil

2. When I view the order history under My Account, I got this error message:

"1146 - Table 'mysite_catalog.TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING' doesn't exist

select payment_type, payment_ref, payment_date, comment_pay from TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING where orders_id = '34'

[TEP STOP]"

You will find TABLE_SPG_ORDERS_SHIPPING 2 times from file account_history_info.php . Remove TABLE_ and it works.... allmost. I'll don't get link to any Tracking services. There is only text -> Click Here to.

Sorry about v0.1

Update to zip files v0.1

if you already downloaded v.01 discard the v0.1 zip file and use this new one v0.2

-> addition to zip v0.2

1. added missing declare (filename) ,(table) in catalog/application_top.php causing error message (undeclare file and table)

2. added latest version of catalog/spg_print_invoice.php

all variables correctly defined now.

This is a very worthwhile contribution. One of the most useful I've seen.

It allows for many extremely useful features i.e. manual order entry, ability to leave hidden(unseen by customer) comments for every order , tracking url included within url, easily modified header, footer, title and body text for store e-mails and more.

It is very useful, but the way in which it was presented has either alienated people thinking this contribution another shipping mod and/or frustrated the hell out of those that try to install it. It is missing 1 file some of the directory commits are improperly labeled in the files, a database field called customer_blacklist is supposed to exist in the customer field, and in order status admin the textfield and a delete button are missing ? I took the validation string out of the file but why is it there in the first place?

I don't want to criticize too much but I could see this becoming a very important contribution and it needs to be repackaged so that it works without flaws. After I finally worked through the problems and recoded bits it seems to work great and could serve to eliminate the need for CRM packages or contact databases with a bit more expansion.

H

we will post an updated package this weekend

We will make sure all files are in directories and variables defined in apllication _top in order to ease the installation.

we fixed anyway some little bugs in the invoice templates (catalog & admin)

and we will upload a new release this saturday.

sorry about that.

We posted version 0.3 of module

it should fix all identified bugs in your email

download v0.3 can be found at

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,831

thank you for feedback

P & G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.3

Modifications made to v0.3

-> fix to javascript Help call

-> fix to templates spg_print_invoice. (was showing id instead of name for payment method, shipping method.

-> fix to template packing list (was shwoing amounts for attributes)

Rewrote install.txt to make installation in 10 easy steps.

(reinstall on a fressh snapshot to reverify all variables and talbes defined)

New module

P&G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.3 was posted under contribution/features

we describe again functionalities of the module

Functionalities:

----------------

This module does NOT modify in any way the original order data. All new info entered during the processing of an order

is saved in new tables.

This allow to keep a perfect audit trail.

This module allows the following

-> Admin side

-------------

A. Manage processing of orders placed directly through oscommerce

B. Allows to enter Phone order or orders coming from other sources( fax, mail ,auctions....) through ADMIN login

This modified login allows an administrator to create an account and enter manual order for the account of a client.

(no emails ar sent during the manual entry.)

When all infos are entered, the admin can send an email to the client with all data info and login info to access his account.

C. Allows administrator to login with an ADMIN login under any client email (convenient for some of orders: Paypal is a good example

where client would not press the return to catalog button on paypal site. the result is that the client paid Paypal but items stay in shopping

cart instead of being proceesed as a confirmed order)

D. Payment Info : Administrator can enter payment ref, payment date, check number.....

E. Auction Info : if you place as well auctions on ebay or other, allows you to create an order in catalog and enter as well auction number auction end date....

gives possiblity to send order status to person who won the auction: advantage is that you make the winner aware of your catalog

You ask him to login in the catalog part to see his auction status and tracking number. Thus he may come back directly to your site the next time.

Automated direct link to auction page on major auction sites. you can add any auction site where you place auction through an admin page.

F. Tracking number Info: Entry of shipping date, tracking number, direct link to shipper site to track package.

G. Entry of qty shipped vs qty ordered. This allows to keep track of all back ordered items through a report and classify the order

as "Partial Shipment" status. you can review the items and qunatities you still neded to ship.

H. Allows to send an email when package is sent with all infos above: in particular shipping date, carrier and direct link to track order on shipper site.

email date and time recorded and shown.

I. New templates of invoice and packing list with above information.

Company address, "Thank you Note" at bottom of printed invoice or email sent can be modified through admin. extra comment field for auctions can be managed through admin

for specific feedback or comments.

J. All the validations tables records can be modified through admin interface screens.

K. 2 new comments fields were added : one for shipping, one for billing. both can be seen by client through the catalog side.

A third comment field for shipping dept was added for private comments . not shown to client.

NOTE: we created new validation tables for payment methods, shipping carriers specific to the shipping modules.... the tables are NOT linked to the actual shipping and payment modules.

The reason for that is the flexibility. Even though you would not accept for online orders a particular payment method (like western union Bidpay for example)

you can use it for manual entry of orders.

-> Catalog side

---------------

A. Client can login to his account and see online all infos entered in the admin

(Payment Info, Shipping Date, Tracking Number, auction info if auction.....)

B. Client can print the invoice template under order details.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just installed the newest version of this contrib and I must say that this is the most useful contrib yet! Very well done!!

I just wanted to point out one thing that might confuse some people installing this. You need to change (in catalogcreate_account_admin.php) this:

<?php  

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'login_admin') {	

require(DIR_WS_SHIPPING . 'key_generate.php');

$login_query = tep_db_query("select p.spg_man_key2, p.spg_man_key3, p.status from " . TABLE_SPG_MANUAL_INFO . " p where p.status = 1 ");

$login_query_values = tep_db_fetch_array($login_query);    

if (($login_query_values['spg_man_key2'] = $newkey2) && ($login_query_values['status'] !=0) && ($login_query_values['spg_man_key3'] = $osCAdminsID))  {

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {

?>

to this...

<?php  

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'login_admin') {	

require(DIR_WS_SPG_SHIPPING . 'key_generate.php');

$login_query = tep_db_query("select p.spg_man_key2, p.spg_man_key3, p.status from " . TABLE_SPG_MANUAL_INFO . " p where p.status = 1 ");

$login_query_values = tep_db_fetch_array($login_query);    

if (($login_query_values['spg_man_key2'] = $newkey2) && ($login_query_values['status'] !=0) && ($login_query_values['spg_man_key3'] = $osCAdminsID))  {

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {

?>

Also, in the archive and in the install instructions, admin/includes/functions/html_output.php is misspelled as admin/includes/functions/htlm_output.php and should be admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

Other than that - this is a fantastic contrib! Thank you very much!!

Rick

Ok, found something else....

I am getting this error "The requested URL /catalog/FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS_ADMIN was not found on this server."

and I have a feeling it is from this code found in the catalogcreate_account_admin.php

<td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="account_edit" method="post" <?php echo 'action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS_ADMIN, '', 'SSL') . '"'; ?> onSubmit="return check_form();"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="process">

What am I missing here? Obviously is is looking for the filename "FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS_ADMIN" instead of "create_account_admin_process.php" but I do not see why. Is there a quote missing somewhere?

This error occurs when signing up a new customer and clicking on the "continue" button at the bottom of the page after entering all their personal info.

Thank you

A new ZIP version of the order processing & manual entry will be posted on dec 08 afternoon.

we did a new install file and fiexed little bugs.

The new zip will contain new functionalities:

-> possibility to add cost for items

-> new reports