Sign in to follow this  
AndreD

Stock not always deducted..

I am using PayPal standard payments 1.0

some orders are processed correctly, some logs payment recieved, but don't notifty customer (send mail), nor is the stock reduced accordingly.

why ? - what's going on ?

this is in norwegian: "bataling mottatt" (payment received) is what the PayPal contribution is told to set when ok.

Image below shows one OK payment "verified 420kr", please note column 2, row 2 "kunden er varslet"(notify customer) - customer got his order confirmation, and stock is reduced.

payment2-ok.png

Second image shows another OK payment, "unverified 103kr" ,please note column 2, row 3, "kunden er varslet"(notify customer) - customer got his order confirmation, and stock is reduced.

payment1-ok.png

Third image shows a *failed*, customer have never been notified about the order, nor is the stock reduced. - there is no green symbol in the "kunden er varslet(customer notified) column.

payment3-notok.png

I have learned:

-verified/unverified , have nothing to do with it.

-the notification can be sent before, or after the "paypal IPN verified" line is logged

-some orders, for unknown reason, does not reduce stock ad they should.

Why ? - does some orders stop before notifying cuatomer/reducing stock. ?

Please help. - selling many small parts, and having to update stock manually, is a big problem to me .

Thank you.

Edited by AndreD

this is in norwegian: "bataling mottatt" (payment received) is what the PayPal contribution is told to set when ok.

Image below shows one OK payment "verified 420kr", please note column 2, row 2 "kunden er varslet"(notify customer) - customer got his order confirmation, and stock is reduced.

payment2-ok.png

Second image shows another OK payment, "unverified 103kr" ,please note column 2, row 3, "kunden er varslet"(notify customer) - customer got his order confirmation, and stock is reduced.

payment1-ok.png

Third image shows a *failed*, customer have never been notified about the order, nor is the stock reduced. - there is no green symbol in the "kunden er varslet(customer notified) column.

payment3-notok.png

I have learned:

-verified/unverified , have nothing to do with it.

-the notification can be sent before, or after the "paypal IPN verified" line is logged

-some orders, for unknown reason, does not reduce stock ad they should.

Why ? - does some orders stop before notifying cuatomer/reducing stock. ?

Please help. - selling many small parts, and having to update stock manually, is a big problem to me .

Thank you.

Admin/Configuration/Stock Check to make sure the stock is subtracted when products are ordered

paypal problem => Are you using the paypal payment module that comes with osc?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Admin/Configuration/Stock Check to make sure the stock is subtracted when products are ordered

paypal problem => Are you using the paypal payment module that comes with osc?

-subtract stock is true

- I am using the contribution that came with latest RC2a , that is the same as: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655

stock is not reduced in the cases where customer does not even get an order confirmation (please observe missing green "check" symbol)

- I've even switched webhost -I am that desperate.

Is this because of "customer not returning" ?

- I use IPN, can that be the reason anyway ?