• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax calculation not working - please help!

pcdreno

Recently I removed one zone and now the system refuses to charge tax on any order, regardless of state. I've read so many other forum posts on this that my eyes hurt. Here's my current configuration (this is after completely removing everything tax related and starting over - numerous times):

Tax Zones: California

Details: Country: United States, Zone: California

Tax Classes: Taxable Goods

Tax Rates: Priority: 0, Tax Class: Taxable Goods, Zone: California, Tax Rate: 8.25%

Order Total Module: Sub-Total: 1, Shipping: 2, Tax: 3, Total: 4 (I've tried switching shipping and tax) -- Display Tax: true

Configuration: Display prices with tax: false

All products have tax class of Taxable Goods and the Net/Gross prices are different.

I think that's it. Ultimately, I need to add multiple states (like I had before) and one, and only one, state needs to calculate the tax based on the cost of shipping charges, the other states do not. This can come later, I just want the tax to start working again.

I would really appreciate some help on this as I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening here? Ideas on how to debug a problem like this?

Thanks in advance!

Recently I removed one zone and now the system refuses to charge tax on any order, regardless of state. I've read so many other forum posts on this that my eyes hurt. Here's my current configuration (this is after completely removing everything tax related and starting over - numerous times):

Tax Zones: California

Details: Country: United States, Zone: California

Tax Classes: Taxable Goods

Tax Rates: Priority: 0, Tax Class: Taxable Goods, Zone: California, Tax Rate: 8.25%

Order Total Module: Sub-Total: 1, Shipping: 2, Tax: 3, Total: 4 (I've tried switching shipping and tax) -- Display Tax: true

Configuration: Display prices with tax: false

All products have tax class of Taxable Goods and the Net/Gross prices are different.

I think that's it. Ultimately, I need to add multiple states (like I had before) and one, and only one, state needs to calculate the tax based on the cost of shipping charges, the other states do not. This can come later, I just want the tax to start working again.

I would really appreciate some help on this as I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening here? Ideas on how to debug a problem like this?

Thanks in advance!

Check to make sure that "state" is a required user attribute. I had the same problem, and it turned out that user accounts did not include state (although that did have zip code.)

programmer != graphic designer

I'm really hoping someone can give me some insight into the problems I'm experiencing. Something is broken, or I'm completely overlooking something. The problem, it was working just fine before. Even suggestions on how to debug something like this would be nice. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really hoping someone can give me some insight into the problems I'm experiencing. Something is broken, or I'm completely overlooking something. The problem, it was working just fine before. Even suggestions on how to debug something like this would be nice. Thanks!

Hi Chris,

I had the very same problem as you and it nearly drove me nuts for 48 hours. I employed the above fix and it worked fine for the totals. What you need to do is go into Admin/Configuration/Customer Details and change the" State" option to "true" then register as a new customer and fill in the new form. This should do the trick. I had set "State" to "false" because I live in Ireland and the option really did not apply. I am now trying to figure out how to change it to "County" but this might really muck up the sync. between files. If you or anybody else have any ideas on this I would appreciate same.

Best of Luck

Gerry

At tax can be mapped to a zone or to all.

So You need to cretae zones.

and apply tax to the zone.

You need to place the area that needs to taxed in the Zone.

You might have named a zone as California that does not meancalifornia is considered You need to add california in that Zone.

Also make usre Billing adress Zone is the Zone to which Tax gets applied.So order billing address has californis as the state.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 4 years later...

Try removing all the payment modules and the re-install them.

Do not make them zone specific.

Test.

Then if they work you can make them zone specific and re-test.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived