• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Futomart

monster061

Hi,

I really worked hard on my site starting from 0 and made it up to putting the site up and opening it live. Now I want you to help me make it a little bit better.

Every single thing that you tell me to add or delete I will do.

Site is: Futomart

Thanks

The creator of www.futomart.com

All I have time to say tonight is that there's no point in disabling "View Source" because all anyone has to do is to elect to save that page to their PC as "Web Page (complete)" and they get all the source code and all of the files.

Vger

All I have time to say tonight is that there's no point in disabling "View Source" because all anyone has to do is to elect to save that page to their PC as "Web Page (complete)" and they get all the source code and all of the files.

Vger

I have not dissabled anything really, not a thing. Actually I don't know what are you talking about to be honest. I am no expert.

First of all....I GOT TO GET ME SOME OF THOSE FLY JUMPERS!!! Those look like great fun!

The site looks great and I love the features on the left column and the included YouTube embedded video. When I first got to the site I didn't know what those things were and then I clicked on the YouTube video. SOLD! Great idea to showcase your product!

The design of the site is professional looking and clean. I'm fairly new to osC and working on my first customized site now so I can't offer much in the way of osC based technical comments/suggestions.

Well done. Love it.

First of all....I GOT TO GET ME SOME OF THOSE FLY JUMPERS!!! Those look like great fun!

The site looks great and I love the features on the left column and the included YouTube embedded video. When I first got to the site I didn't know what those things were and then I clicked on the YouTube video. SOLD! Great idea to showcase your product!

The design of the site is professional looking and clean. I'm fairly new to osC and working on my first customized site now so I can't offer much in the way of osC based technical comments/suggestions.

Well done. Love it.

Thanks alot pal, I really appreciate your comment it encouraged me to continue my hard work :).

If you are interested in purchasing don't forget to mention that you are a member on this forum during the checkout procedure (its for the special discount oscommerce members have :) )

The amount of times you keep posting this site really is getting to be spam.

Besides plugging your templated site, have you made any changes or is there anything we just so desperately need to see from the other times you've posted it?

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

The amount of times you keep posting this site really is getting to be spam.

Besides plugging your templated site, have you made any changes or is there anything we just so desperately need to see from the other times you've posted it?

diglee I advise you to waste more time on your website (which is in a very poor condition) than wasting it in these forums being rude all the time. I just asked people for their opinion, take it easy.

I did heavy changes to the site btw, having in mind that my knowledge of php and oscommerce functioning is very low. After all it is in 3 languages.

Continue to leave your opinions

Nice site, looks good! However you are missing SSL it looks like, also your chat script is causing an error in the bottom left corner of my browser (IE 7).

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Nice site, looks good! However you are missing SSL it looks like, also your chat script is causing an error in the bottom left corner of my browser (IE 7).

I will try to fix this somehow.

Thanks for the comments

Thanks guys, unfortunately no orders yet.... I am starting to loose hope :'(

Don't lose hope, there's still a number of things you can do to improve your conversion rate. The first thing I noticed was that your items are high ticket items, setting customers back hundred of dollars. While the top part of your info pages look tidy, the descriptions are just plain text that go on and on without any structure. It would be nice to see this info better organized, because, I hate to say it, but the text looks like it's from a cheap ebay ad. Try this addon to see if it helps...

Additionally, when signing up, you're asking for my gender, DOB, phone number, and pretty much all of my personal info. I'm not sure why you need DOB/Gender, but I would certainly appreciate SSL on this page... ;)

The Purchase Without Account contrib might prove useful, as some people don't like having to create accounts, but this is your call.

Finally, the quality of your images could be better, especially since the items are all so expensive... my thinking is that if I'm going to spend $300+ on an item I pretty much have to trust with my life (Powerboking sounds hard!), I'd like to see some close up shots of the item, and different angles. All of your pictures are more or less identical, and are fuzzy when enlarged.

Hope this helps!

Janna

You are totally right and 100% helpful. These kind of critics make a store good.

Now my part is to do all these things which is really hard for me as I started out as a newbie and am strugling with meta tags, advertising, speaking to customers and design.

Your critics will be my bible for the next two weeks as I will try to accomplish all what you said.

Thanks allot, god bless people like this

Actually, I didn't have a clue what your site was selling until I saw the image which said "The truth behind jumping stilts" - until I saw that I thought they were bicycle parts or something. And that image has no alt text, so I'd suggest you add some text to the homepage which search engines can pick up.

You also need good Meta Tags, and Ultimate SEO URLs - without those you're never going to get noticed.

Vger

That is very true however I want to keep it simple and keep the index.php clean and understandable for both computer literate and not so computer literate people.

Once I tried installing the Ultimate Seo's but it didnt work out for me. I assume that they are good looking.

I've seen this site a few times and the only thing wrong with it in my eyes, is the header. The lines extending to the sides is annoying to me and it creates a box that is out of place.... Just my opinion.

Oh ya, you really do need Ultimate SEO URL's... Pretty or not, the search engines like them, and that's one of the goals here.

Oh ya, you really do need Ultimate SEO URL's... Pretty or not, the search engines like them, and that's one of the goals here.

:D Yeah thats true

I dont know which lines ? They seem ok do they ? They were added later on from the stylesheet and they are supposed to look natural

Without the extended lines it looks really plain

That's because they're not working.

I'm talking about the "Ultimate SEO URLs" contribution released by Chemo. You should not install any version later than 2.1d by Yesudo, which I believe was done with Chemo's help.

Vger

I installed the latest version of the SEO urls and I cannot see a difference :)

I installed Product Tabs 2.1 and it works perfectly well. This is one of the highly recomended addons for your those who dont have it yet.

Thanks jbastow !

Vger I will try to install the Ultimate SEO's you are suggesting. The ones I installed blocked my categories ect. Hope I will make it.

Thanks for the support

That's because they're not working.

I'm talking about the "Ultimate SEO URLs" contribution released by Chemo. You should not install any version later than 2.1d by Yesudo, which I believe was done with Chemo's help.

Vger

I did it !!! THANK GOD

It would have been waaaaay easier if I first did the SEO's then the Product Tabs.... This way I had to find each word containing seo from the SEO package and then put it in my admin/categories.php file

But now I am done !

Whew.....i am tired now

P.S

Now that I have the SEO's, what happens ? As I can see I still have the ugly OsCsid in my urls, however categories are listed as well

Set 'Force Cookie Use' to 'True' . This will hide the session id - although may create problems for the few customers out there who have disabled cookies in their browsers.

:)

I did it !!! THANK GOD

P.S

Now that I have the SEO's, what happens ? As I can see I still have the ugly OsCsid in my urls, however categories are listed as well

• 3 weeks later...

No buyers yet..... I dont know what is wrong with the site. The whole world is selling these stilts like mad and I hardly have 8 registered cusotmers :(

Do you think I should add/remove something ?

No buyers yet..... I dont know what is wrong with the site. The whole world is selling these stilts like mad and I hardly have 8 registered cusotmers :(

Do you think I should add/remove something ?

the sensation that I get when I visit your site is that it seems without life. It seems a completed web store, but nothing more than this. I don't know how to describe this feeling better.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Archived