• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Choices Problem

ExactlyHow

Does anybody know how to keep the UPS selection in the checkout shipping selection page from showing if the weight is over 150 lbs? Since that shipping option can't be selected, there seems no point in it being there. Some of my customers have told me it's a little confusing.

Does anybody know how to keep the UPS selection in the checkout shipping selection page from showing if the weight is over 150 lbs?

It seems you haven't read the Knowledge base on configuring the shipping. UPS is very well able to ship boxes that total over 150 lbs. But they don't take single boxes that weigh over 150 lbs.

There are no limits to the total weight of your shipment or the total number of packages in your shipment.

Packages can be up to 150 lbs (70 kg)

It seems I wasn't detailed enough. Any total shipment over 150 lbs, regardless of the number of packages, is shipped by freight. Any total shipment under 150 lbs is shipped UPS, regardless of number of packages. So, when total weight is under 150 lbs, I would like only UPS to show, and over 150 lbs have only freight. Freight is based on billythekid's Four-region State contribution.

Thank you for your prompt and polite response, Jan.

It seems you haven't read the Knowledge base on configuring the shipping. UPS is very well able to ship boxes that total over 150 lbs. But they don't take single boxes that weigh over 150 lbs.

It seems I wasn't detailed enough. Any total shipment over 150 lbs, regardless of the number of packages, is shipped by freight. Any total shipment under 150 lbs is shipped UPS, regardless of number of packages. So, when total weight is under 150 lbs, I would like only UPS to show, and over 150 lbs have only freight. Freight is based on billythekid's Four-region State contribution.

You can trigger what shipping options to load based on certain criteria. This is a post detailing code that triggers UPS only when the cart contains products that are too long for other shipping options (mail). Not exactly what you need, but you get the picture.