• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping

olsonsp4c

This is the support topic for the addon USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping. This shipping module is a quick way to add USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping to your store without dealing with connecting to the USPS web API. There are limitations to this addon (ie. does not allow for more than 1 package). This will potentially save you and your customers some money as the USPS Flat Rate Shipping Boxes are FREE delivered to your home by the USPS and to ship they are the same cost regardless of the weight (no weight limit). Also, you can buy the postage online and print it at home and even schedule the USPS to pick it up at your home

online all for FREE, meaning you never have to leave your home to ship your products saving time, gas, frustration, etc...

The contribution can be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5783

Scott (olsonsp4c)

Edited by olsonsp4c

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question. Is there a way to limit what items can and can't use this? Most products will NOT fit into one of the Post Offices Flat Rate Boxes.

Not at that point, that could be an enhancement for the future. As I wrote, this addon is for people who only use 1 box per order to ship. thanks for inquiring.

Scott

now that the post office is adding the larger 12.95 box is there a why to have mulitple flat rate options? also, I teach classes and students pay upfront so there is no delivery of any product. I thought that this would be an easy way to do a 0 delivery? or is there an easier way? my head is swimming at the different pickup mod's

Please help.

now that the post office is adding the larger 12.95 box is there a why to have mulitple flat rate options? also, I teach classes and students pay upfront so there is no delivery of any product. I thought that this would be an easy way to do a 0 delivery? or is there an easier way? my head is swimming at the different pickup mod's

Please help.

This is the pickup module I use on my store - it works great: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3354 (the 2nd newest with the address link)

Thanks for the suggestion - i wasn't aware of the 2nd option - I'm going to write an adjusted Priority Shipping Flat Rate Module with this option. It just might take a few days.

Scott

I have now updated this addon to version 1.1 a significant update:

Changes since v1.0

------------------

* Added a link to the USPS website in the admin to check current USPS flat rate shipping rates

* Added the capability to quote the 12 x 12 x 5.5 package rate

* Added the capability to choose a maximum package weight to toggle between the two rates

* Added the ability to quote the correct amount if multiple shipping boxes are to be shipped for 1 order

* Added the ability to add a handling fee

* Updated the description and added update instructions

* Updated the english file

* Updated the screenshots

Download it here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5783

Enjoy!

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
I have now updated this addon to version 1.1 a significant update:

Changes since v1.0

------------------

* Added a link to the USPS website in the admin to check current USPS flat rate shipping rates

* Added the capability to quote the 12 x 12 x 5.5 package rate

* Added the capability to choose a maximum package weight to toggle between the two rates

* Added the ability to quote the correct amount if multiple shipping boxes are to be shipped for 1 order

* Added the ability to add a handling fee

* Updated the description and added update instructions

* Updated the english file

Enjoy!

Scott

We use both of the flat rate boxes + the $4.60 flat rate envelope. + international rates.

Is there a way to add the $4.60 envelope to this.

Also, is there a way to add the international flat rate prices as well?

Canada & Mexico

$29.95 for the large flat rate box

$23.00 for the regular flat rate box

$9.00 for the flat rate envelope

Other countries

$49.95 for the large flat rate box

$37.00 for the regular flat rate box

$11.00 for the envelope

I am still new to php. Is this something that I can edit into the two files or do you plan on adding this later?

Thank you for this great addon! I have been wanting this for so long...

Brad

P.S

Is there anyone who has found a contribution to add individual shipping prices per item in the create new listing/edit listing form. I need to add the shipping rate per item to all my listings like in ebay. Some of our items take 3 regular flat rate boxes and we need the shipping for that item to be $26.85, etc.

Edited by vhyprkjp

We use both of the flat rate boxes + the $4.60 flat rate envelope. + international rates.

Is there a way to add the $4.60 envelope to this.

Also, is there a way to add the international flat rate prices as well?

Canada & Mexico

$29.95 for the large flat rate box

$23.00 for the regular flat rate box

$9.00 for the flat rate envelope

Other countries

$49.95 for the large flat rate box

$37.00 for the regular flat rate box

$11.00 for the envelope

I am still new to php. Is this something that I can edit into the two files or do you plan on adding this later?

Thank you for this great addon! I have been wanting this for so long...

Brad

P.S

Is there anyone who has found a contribution to add individual shipping prices per item in the create new listing/edit listing form. I need to add the shipping rate per item to all my listings like in ebay. Some of our items take 3 regular flat rate boxes and we need the shipping for that item to be $26.85, etc.

if you wanted the envelope vs the boxes determined by weight it would not be difficult to add. Also, international would not be difficult to add, I'm planning on adding these things in the next month or so if you can wait :)

also, here is the addon you are looking for: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4674

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

is there a way to use this only for orders under a set max weight? for example, i want to use a flat rate on all orders up to 25 lbs. beyond that weight, i don't want the flat rate to show up as an option. as it is now, it just shows the larger box price beyond the max weight.

is there a way to use this only for orders under a set max weight? for example, i want to use a flat rate on all orders up to 25 lbs. beyond that weight, i don't want the flat rate to show up as an option. as it is now, it just shows the larger box price beyond the max weight.

Ted,

This should not be difficult to add, it would mean 1 additional database field and a compare statement... good idea - i'll work on it.

Scott

Version 1.3 is out!

Changes since v1.2

------------------

* Added the capability to choose a minimum weight for both sizes of Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes

* Added the capability to choose a maximum weight for the large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box

* Added the test - if the package weight is less than the small Priority Mail Flat Rate Box minimum

weight or is greater than or equal to the large Priority Mail Flate Rate Box maximum weight, no flat

rate option will appear on the checkout shipping page

* Fixed Tax Class issue (was not showing up in the admin)

* Removed duplicate key entry

* Added support for international shipping

* Updated the english file (description, link, naming, etc.)

* Updated the description

* Updated the "what I could use help with" section

Scott (olsonsp4c)

Version 1.3 is out!

Changes since v1.2

------------------

* Added the capability to choose a minimum weight for both sizes of Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes

* Added the capability to choose a maximum weight for the large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box

* Added the test - if the package weight is less than the small Priority Mail Flat Rate Box minimum

weight or is greater than or equal to the large Priority Mail Flate Rate Box maximum weight, no flat

rate option will appear on the checkout shipping page

* Fixed Tax Class issue (was not showing up in the admin)

* Removed duplicate key entry

* Added support for international shipping

* Updated the english file (description, link, naming, etc.)

* Updated the description

* Updated the "what I could use help with" section

Scott (olsonsp4c)

We are looking for a way to offer three flat rate shipping options to our customers. One rate for the US, one rate for Canada and Mexico, and one rate

for the rest of the world. With the USPS flat rate boxes we can ship things for $8, $23, and $37 respectively. We are selling clothing, so I am less concerned with the weight of the items, if someone buys over 25lbs of clothing from us, I can pay for the extra shipping. I am looking to see if there is a way to set up

three flat rates based on country or postal codes with the existing flat rate shipping module, or if I need to have a newer shipping module installed.

I am new to all this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Dave C

We are looking for a way to offer three flat rate shipping options to our customers. One rate for the US, one rate for Canada and Mexico, and one rate

for the rest of the world. With the USPS flat rate boxes we can ship things for $8, $23, and $37 respectively. We are selling clothing, so I am less concerned with the weight of the items, if someone buys over 25lbs of clothing from us, I can pay for the extra shipping. I am looking to see if there is a way to set up

three flat rates based on country or postal codes with the existing flat rate shipping module, or if I need to have a newer shipping module installed.

I am new to all this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Dave C

Dave,

this module does not currently support using country or postal codes; however, you are welcome to modify it to do so. It does support shipping to can/mex and international. It currently only supports the 2 boxes sizes. Weight is the only determiner of which method is quoted; however, you can change this weights to suit your particular store needs.

thanks!

Scott

• 2 months later...

Everyone, note that usps priority mail prices have changed... so update your addon!

Scott

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I would like to add the flat rate shipping modules to my oscommerce.

I am very new to oscommerce and have never added a contribution.

I have been reading for the past two days trying to figure out how to add the contribution to my site, exactly where to add it to, where is the file I am to put it into?

Can you direct me to the right place so I can understand how the contributions are added to the current shipping module?

thank you,

• 1 month later...

New version 1.5 out: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5783

Changes since v1.4

-----------------

* Added catalog and admin functions to general.php

* Added an edit that was missing from all previous versions in modules.php

* Recoded the entire module to display all USPS domestic and international flat rate shipping methods

* Updated the Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping rates links at the top of the admin panel

* Updated instructions

* Updated screenshots

Scott

Just tried this out. When I apply STEP 4 in the instructions it crashes my admin. Any ideas? Using usps methods 3.02.

I guess I'm unsure what you mean - I use this with USPS Methods 3.0.2 - I wrote both of them so that they would work together. So, I need more details.

Scott

I found the issue... if you have 3.0.2 installed, you don't need the 1st function in the insert in admin/includes/functions/general.php

So, only insert this:

// USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping
// Alias function for Store configuration values in the Administration Tool.
// Creates multiple text input boxes in a list.
// Remember to add blank default values: 1, 2, , , 5, 6, ...
 function tep_cfg_multiinput_list($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
$key_values = explode( ", ", $key_value);

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($select_array); $i++) {
  $name = (($key) ? 'configuration[' . $key . '][]' : 'configuration_value');
  $string .= '<br><input type="text" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $key_values[$i] . '"> ' . $select_array[$i];
}
$string .= '<input type="hidden" name="' . $name . '" value="--none--">';
return $string;
 }

////
// USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping
// Alias function for Store configuration values in the Administration Tool.
// Creates a text input box on either side of the option, adds <= OPTION <= and makes a list.
// Remember to add blank default values: 1, 2, , , 5, 6, ...
 function tep_cfg_multiinput_duallist_oz($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
$string .= '<center>';

$current_key_value = current($key_values);

$string .= '<br><input type="text" name="' . $name . '" size="3" value="' . $current_key_value . '"><i>oz</i>';
$string .= ' <b><</b> ' . $select_array[$i] . ' <u><b><</b></u>';
next($key_values);
$string .= '<input type="text" name="' . $name . '" size="3" value="' . $current_key_value . '"><i>oz</i>';
next($key_values);
}

$string .= '</center>';
return $string;
 }
 function tep_cfg_multiinput_duallist_lb($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
$string .= '<center>';

$string .= '<br><input type="text" name="' . $name . '" size="3" value="' . $current_key_value . '"><i>lbs</i>';
$string .= ' <b><</b> ' . $select_array[$i] . ' <u><b><</b></u>';
next($key_values);
$string .= '<input type="text" name="' . $name . '" size="3" value="' . $current_key_value . '"><i>lbs</i>';
next($key_values);
}

$string .= '</center>';
return $string;
 }

Scott

You Wrote

I found the issue... if you have 3.0.2 installed, you don't need the 1st function in the insert in admin/includes/functions/general.php

So, only insert this:

Scott,

Where in the code do I insert the code you provided? And you said if you have 3.0.2 installed - 3.0.2 of what?

I've to download the New version uspsflat 1.5 out: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5783 for USPS flat rate. Then I tried to follow the installation txt that came with the download, followed the steps and I get is error on my Configuration - Shipping Modules "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class uspsflat in /hermes/bosweb/web234/b2345/sl.annefabricandmore/public_html/anneosc/includes/modules/shipping/uspsflat.php on line 10"

Any help buddy?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to install this module, but one problem. @ the checkout_confirmation.php page it doesn't add or calculate the shipping from the checkout_shipping.php page. I checked my admin > modules > order total to verify the order:

Sub-Total 1

Shipping 2

Tax 3

USPS Shipping Insurance 4

Total 5

Also, made sure the sort order was enable for USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping to 1. So I don't know what happened. I also added the USPS Shipping Insurance module, and that's working fine. So I need help to understand what happening.